Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rod Stewart / Stevie Nicks

Jump to newest

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

I know there are some rockers on here

They are playing some gigs in the UK as a duo this summer.

Questions

would you / are you going to any of them?

I am

and do you think it will work

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Definately, their styles will really compliment each other

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

On the face of it I'm absolutely gutted I adore Rod - can't stand her singing bad enough hearing her warble in Fleetwood Mac.... could have been worse might have been touring as a trio with Christine Perfect (Mcvie).... but fairs fair I'll listen then decide.

I loved Robert Plant with Alison Krauss so might be in for a treat.... I hope!!

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

"On the face of it I'm absolutely gutted I adore Rod - can't stand her singing bad enough hearing her warble in Fleetwood Mac.... could have been worse might have been touring as a trio with Christine Perfect (Mcvie).... but fairs fair I'll listen then decide.

I loved Robert Plant with Alison Krauss so might be in for a treat.... I hope!!"

i loved the Plant Krauss stuff

was never a plant fan until i heard him do Thank You at teh Freddie Mercury tribute concert

and had not heard of her until she did the albumn with Plant

Great stuff

over a year ago

"On the face of it I'm absolutely gutted I adore Rod - can't stand her singing bad enough hearing her warble in Fleetwood Mac.... could have been worse might have been touring as a trio with Christine Perfect (Mcvie).... but fairs fair I'll listen then decide.

I loved Robert Plant with Alison Krauss so might be in for a treat.... I hope!!

was never a plant fan until i heard him do Thank You at teh Freddie Mercury tribute concert

and had not heard of her until she did the albumn with Plant

Great stuff"

I always feel a little uncomfortable when I see older rock stars kinda rocking in the same manner as they did when they were at their sexy height .. Robert tends to do this so it looks kinda caricature(ish) but his stuff with Alison was relaxed and easy going without the 'dad dancing' putting me off!

I would just love to see Rod with the other remaining Faces if Im' honest - with loads of songs by my beloved Ronnie Lane rocking in the sky looking down!!

over a year ago

"

Great stuff"

What did you think of Tom Chaplin from Keane singing with Queen at the Princes Trust. Yootube it if you missed it... nearest emulation of Freddie I've seen to date. Midge Ure singing Seven Seas of Rye was pretty good too....

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

"

Great stuff

What did you think of Tom Chaplin from Keane singing with Queen at the Princes Trust. Yootube it if you missed it... nearest emulation of Freddie I've seen to date. Midge Ure singing Seven Seas of Rye was pretty good too....

"

not seen either of them am gonna look now

for me its just not Queen without Freddie and John Deacon

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

feckin hell, just watched the Tom Chaplin one, they should have signed him up instead of Paul Rodgers, would have fitted much better

as for comment rarekly played live, they played it at least one night on the works tour at teh NEC, i know i was there

will comment on the other when i watched it

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

The Midge Ure 'Seven Seas of Rhye' is that Mark king on bass

over a year ago

"The Midge Ure 'Seven Seas of Rhye' is that Mark king on bass"

Yes, they had a fab turn out of musicians. Have a look at the ARMS concert 1983 fronted by Ronnie Lane for Multiple Sclerosis charity. Goodnight Irene had an awesome line-up too. I love gigs like this. Jeff Beck was awesome.

over a year ago

i agree with this post, i love rod he was one of the first gigs i went ot when i was about 9, he was fantastic, but i only have to look at stevie nicks nd i want to punch her, nevermind when she starts singing!

over a year ago

"feckin hell, just watched the Tom Chaplin one, they should have signed him up instead of Paul Rodgers, would have fitted much better

as for comment rarekly played live, they played it at least one night on the works tour at teh NEC, i know i was there

will comment on the other when i watched it"

OOh divvent be dissing Paul Rodgers!! He fitted in very nicely too

over a year ago

"i agree with this post, i love rod he was one of the first gigs i went ot when i was about 9, he was fantastic, but i only have to look at stevie nicks nd i want to punch her, nevermind when she starts singing!"

Very funny xxx I've seen the Faces then Rod solo and Ronnie with Slim Chance thirty-five times in total during my life - sad I know!!

over a year ago

"i agree with this post, i love rod he was one of the first gigs i went ot when i was about 9, he was fantastic, but i only have to look at stevie nicks nd i want to punch her, nevermind when she starts singing!

Very funny xxx I've seen the Faces then Rod solo and Ronnie with Slim Chance thirty-five times in total during my life - sad I know!!"

nothing sad about a passion for music x

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

just looked at teh ARMS gig, thats bloody good aswell

Musical taste is subjecctive, everyone like different things, mine ramge from Beethoven to ZZ Top, but do usually involve guitars being played

have seen Rodders 4 times this will be the 5th

Queen 4 times not including the Freddie Tribute

Seen Staus Quo more times than i can remember (dont laugh everyone takes teh piss) but they are damn good at what they do especially live

over a year ago

"just looked at teh ARMS gig, thats bloody good aswell

Musical taste is subjecctive, everyone like different things, mine ramge from Beethoven to ZZ Top, but do usually involve guitars being played

have seen Rodders 4 times this will be the 5th

Queen 4 times not including the Freddie Tribute

Seen Staus Quo more times than i can remember (dont laugh everyone takes teh piss) but they are damn good at what they do especially live"

Went with my children to their first Rod gig at Gateshead Stadium... Status Quo opened followed by Joe Cocker - excellent time. All of mine are musicians and one still plays in a band but their father was too so music very important in their upbringing.

I had a mail from a guy saying I was too young to remember Peter Green (the smooth git) I pointed out I love Beethoven too but I never got to see him live in concert!!!

You can get the ARMS concert in its entirity on dvd now from Am a zon...

over a year ago

"

nothing sad about a passion for music x"

Family and friends still come round mine to jam on Sunday afternoons - I love it. We have some diverse tastes but Faces always seem to rally round a sing song

By *eighleeds OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

"

Went with my children to their first Rod gig at Gateshead Stadium... Status Quo opened followed by Joe Cocker - excellent time.

"

Rememebr it well i was at that gig as well

Joe Cocker, great voice, doesw not get teh recognition he deserves

Post new Message to Thread