Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Stay In

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I vote stay. No one has been able to properly tell us what the alternative looks like yet

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I vote stay. No one has been able to properly tell us what the alternative looks like yet "

By no one you mean the media/politicians?

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/475542

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stay in I want freedom to move. Not to mention on the worker right the eu give like payed leave and maternity cover.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Stay in I want freedom to move. Not to mention on the worker right the eu give like payed leave and maternity cover."

There's a lot more to it than that.

Reply privately

By *ittie4UCouple
over a year ago

Watford

Who do you associate with?

From YouGov research Jan 2016.

Groups significantly supporting Remain in EU (Ranked):

Guardian readers; Independent readers; Green voters; Lib Dem voters; Fairly or very left-wing; SNP voters; University graduates; Times readers; Scottish; Slightly left of centre; Age 30-39; AB social class; London; C1 Social class; North East England

Groups significantly supporting Brexit (ranked):

Ukip voters; Express readers; Fairly or very right wing; Mail readers; Sun readers; Centre; Highest qualification GCSE or lower; Aged 60+; Telegraph readers; Conservative voters

Reply privately

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

All jumping on the Bo Jo bandwagon I see

Reply privately

over a year ago

Id like out

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I vote stay. No one has been able to properly tell us what the alternative looks like yet "

you're to young to remember. But a long long time ago this country run very well thank you when we made our own laws.

Hospital, schools building sites, hotels run very very well .

We could also move ,work and live very very freely around Europe except the eastern block where it was possible but a little more complicated for them to do the same.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do we accept laws made outside the UK without question?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No brainer vote to stay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm going to mull it over before I decide.. because I don't like being told what to think..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you in or out?

Reply privately

By *igBanMan
over a year ago

kidlington

People are just thinking about 1 angle. Laws, or immigration. They forger about market trading, emigration, border control when you go out.

Imagine not having trading deals with other eu countries. Having to pay extra tax on imports. Wanting to go on holidays to France and needing a visa. Wanting to move to France and not being allowed. Going to the hospital and having no one to look after you. Roads being dirty because no one wants that job?

I think the solution here is a bigger control over what Belgium imposes us.being able to don't accept some of the laws that go against the English way of life.and for a change bin all the political correctness and health and safety bulshit

Reply privately

over a year ago

Out out out

Reply privately

By *ittie4UCouple
over a year ago

Watford

"I vote stay. No one has been able to properly tell us what the alternative looks like yet

you're to young to remember. But a long long time ago this country run very well thank you when we made our own laws.

We could also move ,work and live very very freely around Europe except the eastern block where it was possible but a little more complicated for them to do the same. "

I'm not too young to remember...but we must have lived in different countries.

"We could also move ,work and live very very freely around Europe" - well you obviously didn't try then, because we couldn't live or work freely.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I vote stay. No one has been able to properly tell us what the alternative looks like yet

By no one you mean the media/politicians?"

Politicians, media, academics, business leaders, anyone. I'm not going to vote for something that hasn't been clearly articulated.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Undecided - but! If we leave, we can still travel within Europe, we have to show passports anyway. So I don't see the difference there.

My only concern is whether if we vote to leave - will Wales and Scotland want to stay and then want to break up the UK? Do they get more EU funding?

If we leave? Will Germany be able to prop the rest of it up or will it struggle to remain?

There's a lot of scare mongering already, I just want the best thing for the UK and for the next generation.

Sarah

Reply privately

over a year ago

We could also move ,work and live very very freely around Europe except the eastern block where it was possible but a little more complicated for them to do the same. "

Yeah the 70s sounded awesome.

Reply privately

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

Leave Leave Leave !!

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Out out out"

I agree but its a complex situation with serious implications...however I believe it will be better for Great Britain in the whole considering trade etc.....and immigration .

Reply privately

over a year ago

And you're either lying about your age or you were a very advanced 4 year old, out there in the world of work.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Imagine not having trading deals with other eu countries. Having to pay extra tax on imports. Wanting to go on holidays to France and needing a visa. Wanting to move to France and not being allowed. Going to the hospital and having no one to look after you. Roads being dirty because no one wants that job?

I think the solution here is a bigger control over what Belgium imposes us.being able to don't accept some of the laws that go against the English way of life.and for a change bin all the political correctness and health and safety bulshit"

There will be no trade issues or movement issues. Trade with the EU is grossly exaggerated.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/475542

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Who do you associate with?

Guardian readers; Independent readers; Green voters; Lib Dem voters; Fairly or very left-wing; SNP voters; University graduates; Times readers; Scottish; Slightly left of centre; Age 30-39; AB social class; London; C1 Social class; North East England

Ukip voters; Express readers; Fairly or very right wing; Mail readers; Sun readers; Centre; Highest qualification GCSE or lower; Aged 60+; Telegraph readers; Conservative voters

"

Well they didn't ask me

Reply privately

over a year ago

" Wanting to go on holidays to France and needing a visa. Wanting to move to France and not being allowed. "

I'm not sure you'd need a visa, I don't remember having one to go to Switzerland and they aren't in the EU.

And you can still move to France - you'd just have to meet their criteria I imagine - no different to if you wanted to emigrate to Australia. And it works both ways doesn't it?

Sarah

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"Imagine not having trading deals with other eu countries. Having to pay extra tax on imports. Wanting to go on holidays to France and needing a visa. Wanting to move to France and not being allowed. Going to the hospital and having no one to look after you. Roads being dirty because no one wants that job?

I think the solution here is a bigger control over what Belgium imposes us.being able to don't accept some of the laws that go against the English way of life.and for a change bin all the political correctness and health and safety bulshit

There will be no trade issues or movement issues. Trade with the EU is grossly exaggerated.

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/475542"

There will be no trade issues? That's something no one can possibly know. Don't make hyperbolic claims that are untrue.

There would be an awful lot of complicated negotiations to be had with no guarantees we'll be in a better position.

The USA has already said they're not interested in giving us a special deal, so we'd have to pay a tariff on trade with them (which we don't if we're in the EU).

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

I'll be voting Leave.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well in June we will all find out....as for the USA .....Fuck em ....weve arsed licked them for too long and they couldn't block trade as they need us for missiles geographically.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think I'm in love with Eu.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

Not as simple as that though is it. That great man of the left Tony Benn Labour MP always wanted Britain to be out of the EU, Just like Kate Hoey Labour MP does now. The Labour donor John Mills was on sky news earlier campaigning for vote Leave. You could say David Cameron is centre/right but he wants to stay in. I don't think this referendum is a left or right issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm going to mull it over before I decide.. because I don't like being told what to think.. "

This for me too!

I'll attempt to find reasoned arguments for and against - and then make my own mind up!

It's a huge decision - needs serious thought! X

Reply privately

By *errygTV/TS
over a year ago

denton

trade issues, when you buy goods majority made in china, laptop im using now, my fridge freezer etc. even before eu you could buy vw cars etc, even when you go to spain you try bringing a few thousand cigs thru customs and show receipt tax paid they will still take them off you, i vote to leave

Reply privately

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

In 1973 we joined the European Economic Community. It was exactly that a free trade area. Over the years it changed from EEC to EU a European superstate that now controls our laws.

We don't have to be part of the EU to still have the same trade agreements. Many of the Scandinavian countries already have this agreement

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"Well in June we will all find out....as for the USA .....Fuck em ....weve arsed licked them for too long and they couldn't block trade as they need us for missiles geographically."

No they don't need us for missiles; that was 40 years ago:

We need them for our missikes;

As for trade with USA; they only trade with us because we are in the EU; the US has already said that it will trade with the EU and ignore UK completely if we leave.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Don't make hyperbolic claims that are untrue."

A) Don't speak to me like that

B) I don't make claims I know nothing about

C) Do some study on the EU, rather than assume someone else knows nothing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well in June we will all find out....as for the USA .....Fuck em ....weve arsed licked them for too long and they couldn't block trade as they need us for missiles geographically.

As for trade with USA; they only trade with us because we are in the EU; the US has already said that it will trade with the EU and ignore UK completely if we leave.

"

Bollocks

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Well in June we will all find out....as for the USA .....Fuck em ....weve arsed licked them for too long and they couldn't block trade as they need us for missiles geographically.

Bollocks "

+1

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In 1973 we joined the European Economic Community. It was exactly that a free trade area. Over the years it changed from EEC to EU a European superstate that now controls our laws.

We don't have to be part of the EU to still have the same trade agreements. Many of the Scandinavian countries already have this agreement "

If it had remained a free trade area I don't think there would be any issues. However, as we all know, once there is an authoritative body it will just grow and grow and demand more power.

By all means keep the free trade body but allow ALL the countries to run themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In 1973 we joined the European Economic Community. It was exactly that a free trade area. Over the years it changed from EEC to EU a European superstate that now controls our laws.

We don't have to be part of the EU to still have the same trade agreements. Many of the Scandinavian countries already have this agreement

If it had remained a free trade area I don't think there would be any issues. However, as we all know, once there is an authoritative body it will just grow and grow and demand more power.

By all means keep the free trade body but allow ALL the countries to run themselves."

You know that's exactly why skateboarding refuses to have a governing body... It just takes all the fun out of it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Out for me

Reply privately

By *helbeeCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

Stay in

Reply privately

By *eMontresMan
over a year ago

Halesowen

Pro Europe - anti EU.

1) Security

2) Sovereignty

3) Prosperity

On all fronts we're better off out of the EU, but with a trade agreement - they'll still want our stuff, and will want to sell us theirs.

Then there's TTIP

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Be very scared if we stay in! I'll probably emigrate to a non EU country if we stay in.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Pro Europe - anti EU.

1) Security

2) Sovereignty

3) Prosperity

On all fronts we're better off out of the EU, but with a trade agreement - they'll still want our stuff, and will want to sell us theirs.

Then there's TTIP

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Be very scared if we stay in! I'll probably emigrate to a non EU country if we stay in.

"

I'll come with you, will we need a boat?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OUT!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah y not and lose 80 of the biggest businesses in London and get an influx of 50,000 migrants as france will stop the controls so the south east england will have the jungle lol.

Stay in

Reply privately

over a year ago

In out in out in out in out in out in out for me please

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah but the country wasn't run by David Cameron then, he's not stuck to anything he promised so far, personally I wouldn't trust him to run the country without the EU

Reply privately

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Do we keep our own currency, I hope so because the euro is so unstable and our currency is a big part of us I,d hate us to lose that, I don,t understand the euro at all.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"

The missiles issue is completely irrelevant! We are in Nato, that won't change if we leave the EU we will still be in Nato.

Reply privately

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Not as simple as that though is it. That great man of the left Tony Benn Labour MP always wanted Britain to be out of the EU, Just like Kate Hoey Labour MP does now. The Labour donor John Mills was on sky news earlier campaigning for vote Leave. You could say David Cameron is centre/right but he wants to stay in. I don't think this referendum is a left or right issue. "

David Cameron is the same as his "mum" that far right hes dizzy

Reply privately

over a year ago

What the fuck does that say about our democracy when we trust our elected representatives less than somebody we've never elected and doesn't even live here!

Reply privately

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

The too young remember argument seems to have forgotten what Britain was like before joining, now I don't think the EU is responsible for lots of good things but the 70s were hardly a golden age for Britain

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Stay in I want freedom to move. Not to mention on the worker right the eu give like payed leave and maternity cover."

All of which we had before Europe. These are nothing to do with EU!

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Not as simple as that though is it. That great man of the left Tony Benn Labour MP always wanted Britain to be out of the EU, Just like Kate Hoey Labour MP does now. The Labour donor John Mills was on sky news earlier campaigning for vote Leave. You could say David Cameron is centre/right but he wants to stay in. I don't think this referendum is a left or right issue. "

Some sense at last!

Of course a European federalism isn't a left/right issue - it amazes me how many ignorant "socialists are pro-europe" comments I hear...The mechanisms of capitalist trade agreements have naught to do with socialism.

Reply privately

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Do we keep our own currency, I hope so because the euro is so unstable and our currency is a big part of us I,d hate us to lose that, I don,t understand the euro at all. "

Out and can we have the old pound back our proper money

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People are just thinking about 1 angle. Laws, or immigration. They forger about market trading, emigration, border control when you go out.

Imagine not having trading deals with other eu countries. Having to pay extra tax on imports. Wanting to go on holidays to France and needing a visa. Wanting to move to France and not being allowed. Going to the hospital and having no one to look after you. Roads being dirty because no one wants that job?

I think the solution here is a bigger control over what Belgium imposes us.being able to don't accept some of the laws that go against the English way of life.and for a change bin all the political correctness and health and safety bulshit"

You didn't need a visa for France before EU... Travel legislation can be in place without EU participation... The same as all laws/trade policies and taxation... We are more valuable to the EU than the EU is to us.. Europe (economically) is a sinking ship. This is the last life raft on the titanic... We've all seen what happen to jack.... Don't be Jack.

Out

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

We could also move ,work and live very very freely around Europe except the eastern block where it was possible but a little more complicated for them to do the same.

Yeah but the country wasn't run by David Cameron then, he's not stuck to anything he promised so far, personally I wouldn't trust him to run the country without the EU"

Cameron has broken his promises on immigration because of the EU. He promised to get immigration down to the tens of thousands but he can't do it because of the EU free movement of people rule/principle. The EU is the reason for the broken promise on immigration.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What the fuck does that say about our democracy when we trust our elected representatives less than somebody we've never elected and doesn't even live here!

"

I didn't elect him

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The too young remember argument seems to have forgotten what Britain was like before joining, now I don't think the EU is responsible for lots of good things but the 70s were hardly a golden age for Britain "

They were hardly a golden age for any country except maybe Germany and Japan for obvious reasons..

Personally I loved the fucking 70s.

Watch "Boney M Daddy cool" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/QtxlCsVKkvY

Reply privately

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

what ever u vote wont count anyway...the result will be fiddled....who counts the votes and who knows the numbers......no one can trust Cameron and his lot .....you know when he is lying his .....lips move ....slimey toff who not interested in people, only his own future

Reply privately

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Out and can we have the old pound back our proper money"

Eh? I must be missing something here. Did the UK join the Euro-zone and no-one noticed?

The "out" camp say we'll trade with the EU just the same, so there's no change to the current situation regarding currency according to them.

I'm 100% in.

Britain pays a large amount in, but I hope all those voting in areas that have suffered industrial decline over the last 30 years or so take a good look around and see how much of what has been regenerated has been done with European money.

Areas that were neglected and left to cope with the ravages of de-industrialisation by market-obsessed UK governments in many cases.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

we have been allies for years , very reliable allies ! More scare mongering Rubbish

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yeah but the country wasn't run by David Cameron then, he's not stuck to anything he promised so far, personally I wouldn't trust him to run the country without the EU

Cameron has broken his promises on immigration because of the EU. He promised to get immigration down to the tens of thousands but he can't do it because of the EU free movement of people rule/principle. The EU is the reason for the broken promise on immigration. "

Then it was wrong of him to have said that in the first place. EU laws around immigration were around before he said he could reduce immigration numbers. It clearly was a promise he knew he could meet - so why make it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"what ever u vote wont count anyway...the result will be fiddled....who counts the votes and who knows the numbers......no one can trust Cameron and his lot .....you know when he is lying his .....lips move ....slimey toff who not interested in people, only his own future "

Bollocks. Who counts the votes? Who do you think counts the votes? Some sort of army of evil political pawns? It's normal people. Having worked several times on election counts the level of scrutiny and security is immense. And you'd need the complete cooperation of hundreds of people to "fake" the result from each constituency. Multiplied up across the country, you're into thousands and thousands of people who would all have to agree to lie about the count.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Out and can we have the old pound back our proper money

Eh? I must be missing something here. Did the UK join the Euro-zone and no-one noticed?

The "out" camp say we'll trade with the EU just the same, so there's no change to the current situation regarding currency according to them.

I'm 100% in.

Britain pays a large amount in, but I hope all those voting in areas that have suffered industrial decline over the last 30 years or so take a good look around and see how much of what has been regenerated has been done with European money.

Areas that were neglected and left to cope with the ravages of de-industrialisation by market-obsessed UK governments in many cases.

Then make our politicians more accountable ! It is a nonsense to keep paying in more than we get out ,paying to upgrade other countries infrastructure while ours falls apart !

"

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"what ever u vote wont count anyway...the result will be fiddled....who counts the votes and who knows the numbers......no one can trust Cameron and his lot .....you know when he is lying his .....lips move ....slimey toff who not interested in people, only his own future "

Bank clerks get paid to count the votes. The Government don't do it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Who gives a fuck.... Really.

No matter what we think or feel about any of it, it is inherently pointless chuffa. Politics is a pantomime, a game show watched by pseudo - intellectuals trying to sound like they know the score. Individual rights are reduced and central power increased. Power hungry psychopathsfrom Brussels or power hungry psychopaths from London. Same suit with many faces.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Bollocks. Who counts the votes? Who do you think counts the votes? Some sort of army of evil political pawns? It's normal people. Having worked several times on election counts the level of scrutiny and security is immense. And you'd need the complete cooperation of hundreds of people to "fake" the result from each constituency. Multiplied up across the country, you're into thousands and thousands of people who would all have to agree to lie about the count.

"

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Lets leave Europe and be in control of our own laws -

Well I never voted for the Tories, so I'm not entirely sure I'm that much in control of our own laws anyway. Does this mean that I can secede if I don't like what those peeps in London decide to do?

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Who gives a fuck.... Really.

No matter what we think or feel about any of it, it is inherently pointless chuffa. Politics is a pantomime, a game show watched by pseudo - intellectuals trying to sound like they know the score. Individual rights are reduced and central power increased. Power hungry psychopathsfrom Brussels or power hungry psychopaths from London. Same suit with many faces."

I do, I think Politics is extremely important and the reason things are so lame now is because most of the country don't care about Politics.

If they did, and understood it, things could be different.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss"

- The Who

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Lets leave Europe and be in control of our own laws -

Well I never voted for the Tories, so I'm not entirely sure I'm that much in control of our own laws anyway. Does this mean that I can secede if I don't like what those peeps in London decide to do?

"

There's meant to be a peep in London representing you

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

we have been allies for years , very reliable allies ! More scare mongering Rubbish "

Not in trade. The "special relationship" is very one-sided.

Reply privately

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I'm 100% in.

"

And what the fuck did our friends overseas do about any of this other than feather their own countries nests.

Out why wait while June

Reply privately

over a year ago

"what ever u vote wont count anyway...the result will be fiddled....who counts the votes and who knows the numbers......no one can trust Cameron and his lot .....you know when he is lying his .....lips move ....slimey toff who not interested in people, only his own future

Bollocks. Who counts the votes? Who do you think counts the votes? Some sort of army of evil political pawns? It's normal people. Having worked several times on election counts the level of scrutiny and security is immense. And you'd need the complete cooperation of hundreds of people to "fake" the result from each constituency. Multiplied up across the country, you're into thousands and thousands of people who would all have to agree to lie about the count.

"

You're right, they haven't needed to rig votes for a long time. They just use the likes of the Murdoch empire to feed you what they want so you can make a decision relatively uninformed.

There are 3 words that perfectly sum up what the EU is. "New world order".... And that's not me being some paranoid conspiracy theorist, it's fact... Just search the number one online video website for it... You will see every world leader squeezing it into a speech... It's world Domination by corporation... The power to influence should not be underestimated.. Learn more about the world... Everything is a market... Even money... And the most influential people own all of it... Take money itself... 3 families own 90% of it...

Without the EU, the sun will still rise, and set at the same time. We will all still have to work for a living... An we'll all still wanna shag each other.. Leaving the EU is NOT the end of the world..

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

we have been allies for years , very reliable allies ! More scare mongering Rubbish "

We were allies when they needed us;

The US does not need us now; they have already stated categorically that they have little further interest in us .

How many times in the last 2 years has the UK PM had personal discussions with the President?

And how many times has the French President been to the US?

How many Defence projects are we collaborating with the US on?

How many are we collaborating with the EU on?

How many Defence projects are the US collaborating with France and Germany on?

What is the level is defence interchange between the US and UK? How has it changed over the last 5 years?

Ask the same question of US/ France, US/ Germany, US / EU defence interchange.

Then say who is whose ally , and who will be close allies in the future.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I vote leave "

you might to have a word with some of north east "brothers" as nissan in sunderland... because you know their business is going to be affected.....

plus the north east is actually a net beneficary from EU regeneration loans.....

if i was the scots, welsh and northern irish... who are again all net benefit-ers, and they voted stay, and england voted leave.... you bet i'd ask for a 2nd referendum on independence.... if fact... i'd ask the north east to go with them!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

we have been allies for years , very reliable allies ! More scare mongering Rubbish

Not in trade. The "special relationship" is very one-sided. "

So we will fight along side the USA share intelligence let them use our bases for military purposes , yet not trade with them as I said scare mongering Rubbish !

Of course they could always turn to the ever reliable French

I do respect your right to your opinion though

Reply privately

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

ask people in thanet south during last election.....boxes of votes missing for 9 hours.....plus lots of votes not counted too late delivery....farage well stiched up .....still under investigation as we speak....

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

So we will fight along side the USA share intelligence let them use our bases for military purposes , yet not trade with them as I said scare mongering Rubbish !

I do respect your right to your opinion though "

This has nothing to do with trade - the Us has shafted us countless times in that regard.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stay in - we can only change things and have a say in what happens in Europe if we're a part of it...

And the alternative? Imagine the possibility of closer ties with (or under?) a USA lead by Trump.... Do you really want that...?

Besides - anything that Farage wants just has to be wrong, wrong, wrong...!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

We were allies when they needed us;

The US does not need us now; they have already stated categorically that they have little further interest in us .

How many times in the last 2 years has the UK PM had personal discussions with the President?

And how many times has the French President been to the US?

How many Defence projects are we collaborating with the US on?

How many are we collaborating with the EU on?

How many Defence projects are the US collaborating with France and Germany on?

What is the level is defence interchange between the US and UK? How has it changed over the last 5 years?

Ask the same question of US/ France, US/ Germany, US / EU defence interchange.

Then say who is whose ally , and who will be close allies in the future.

BAE Systems have contracts and own companies in the US they are developing and upgrading weapons systems all the time

The F 35 fighter, UK is a prime contractor for one of the largest military developments ever

"

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Cameron has broken his promises on immigration because of the EU. He promised to get immigration down to the tens of thousands but he can't do it because of the EU free movement of people rule/principle. The EU is the reason for the broken promise on immigration.

Then it was wrong of him to have said that in the first place. EU laws around immigration were around before he said he could reduce immigration numbers. It clearly was a promise he knew he could meet - so why make it? "

I agree with you, I'm not a Conservative voter. Nigel Farage told everyone during the general election campaign that David Cameron would not be able to keep his promise on immigration because our membership of the EU would prevent him from doing so.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I think our friendship with the US has been on the back burner but will come back once their election is over.

This is my personal opinion

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

I do respect your right to your opinion though "

It's not my opinion though ; it's fact .

Reply privately

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Stay in - we can only change things and have a say in what happens in Europe if we're a part of it...

And the alternative? Imagine the possibility of closer ties with (or under?) a USA lead by Trump.... Do you really want that...?

"

Rather have Trump than Boris at least Donald can make his mind up

Reply privately

over a year ago

Haven't decided yet. I like the idea of us having less influence and being less of a "power" and just getting on with doing our own thing.

The main thing that puts me off voting to leave is the idea I'd be inadvertently supporting the _iews of some right-wing dick heads.

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Yeah y not and lose 80 of the biggest businesses in London and get an influx of 50,000 migrants as france will stop the controls so the south east england will have the jungle lol.

Stay in "

Shag, i like you but you've posted the same scaremonger story about "The Jungle Camp" moving from France to Britain on 3 separate EU threads now. Britain has a bilateral agreement with France on border control which has nothing to do with the EU. It is called The Treaty of Le Touquet, and is an agreement signed by the Tony Blair Labour government and Jacques Chirac French government in 2003. The Treaty of Le Touquet has nothing to do with the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juxtaposed_controls

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Who gives a fuck.... Really.

No matter what we think or feel about any of it, it is inherently pointless chuffa. Politics is a pantomime, a game show watched by pseudo - intellectuals trying to sound like they know the score. Individual rights are reduced and central power increased. Power hungry psychopathsfrom Brussels or power hungry psychopaths from London. Same suit with many faces.

I do, I think Politics is extremely important and the reason things are so lame now is because most of the country don't care about Politics.

If they did, and understood it, things could be different."

Bless you. Of course you think it is important. The best thing about brainwashing people is that they don't know they are brainwashed.

I care about Politics just not this bunch and my life is way too short to be worrying about what a load of insignificant, greedy, childish little monsters think. All they want is power and they would kill you in a heart beat if it meant furthering that goal.

You would be naive to believe otherwise.

Reply privately

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I'm 100% in.

And what the fuck did our friends overseas do about any of this other than feather their own countries nests.

Out why wait while June"

The EU provided huge sums of money to regenerate economically struggling areas, including as Fabio so rightly points out, areas in the north of England.

Being from that part of the world, I thought you might at least be grateful for those huge sums of money. I could understand your position if you lived in Surrey.

Has the EU got its faults - of course, but there's no doubt that regional policy over the last 30 years pumped huge sums in to Objective 1 areas. Look at places like Baden-Wurttenberg in Germany. Areas of declining heavy industry that have been transformed.

Ever notice all those signs showing that the money for the industrial estate and the infrastructure to attract major overseas companies to employ people in towns across Wales, the north of England etc came from Europe?

My politics have moved to the right somewhat since the 1980s and I can see that industrial change had to come, but individual states had a horrible habit of leaving these areas to fend for themselves, including the free-market obsessed Tories of the 1980s.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I can imagine the French not minding if those potential immigrants did come over to the UK but I don't think, if we leave the EU, they will take all the fences down and point towards the tunnel or boat yards.

I haven't decided yet. There seems to be Cameron saying stay in and giving his reasons and then Boris saying leave with equally pertinent reasons. I'm not minded to believe Cameron. How can I trust someone whose policies take money away from the disabled?

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Haven't decided yet. I like the idea of us having less influence and being less of a "power" and just getting on with doing our own thing.

The main thing that puts me off voting to leave is the idea I'd be inadvertently supporting the _iews of some right-wing dick heads."

The vote Leave side has support from the left-wing of politics. As i said earlier in the thread, that great man of the left Tony Benn always wanted Britain out of the EU, The Socialist and Labour MP for the last 28 years Kate Hoey is one of the main supporters of vote Leave. One of the Leave.EU donors and backers Aaron Banks said Kate Hoey should be the campaign leader just the other day. John Mills who is one of the biggest donors to the Labour party was on sky news earlier today campaigning for vote Leave.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"The EU provided huge sums of money to regenerate economically struggling areas, including as Fabio so rightly points out, areas in the north of England.

Being from that part of the world, I thought you might at least be grateful for those huge sums of money. I could understand your position if you lived in Surrey.

Has the EU got its faults - of course, but there's no doubt that regional policy over the last 30 years pumped huge sums in to Objective 1 areas. Look at places like Baden-Wurttenberg in Germany. Areas of declining heavy industry that have been transformed.

Ever notice all those signs showing that the money for the industrial estate and the infrastructure to attract major overseas companies to employ people in towns across Wales, the north of England etc came from Europe?

My politics have moved to the right somewhat since the 1980s and I can see that industrial change had to come, but individual states had a horrible habit of leaving these areas to fend for themselves, including the free-market obsessed Tories of the 1980s.

"

We give the EU more than it gives the NE. The country will be better off for leaving.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haven't decided yet. I like the idea of us having less influence and being less of a "power" and just getting on with doing our own thing.

The main thing that puts me off voting to leave is the idea I'd be inadvertently supporting the _iews of some right-wing dick heads.

The vote Leave side has support from the left-wing of politics. As i said earlier in the thread, that great man of the left Tony Benn always wanted Britain out of the EU, The Socialist and Labour MP for the last 28 years Kate Hoey is one of the main supporters of vote Leave. One of the Leave.EU donors and backers Aaron Banks said Kate Hoey should be the campaign leader just the other day. John Mills who is one of the biggest donors to the Labour party was on sky news earlier today campaigning for vote Leave. "

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I can imagine the French not minding if those potential immigrants did come over to the UK but I don't think, if we leave the EU, they will take all the fences down and point towards the tunnel or boat yards.

I haven't decided yet. There seems to be Cameron saying stay in and giving his reasons and then Boris saying leave with equally pertinent reasons. I'm not minded to believe Cameron. How can I trust someone whose policies take money away from the disabled? "

It doesn't matter what any of them say. The facts about how the EU cost this country, how much corruption there is in the EU and the bigger picture is more important I'd say.

This is about the UK surviving on its own or drowning with the EU.

And whether anyone voted for Cameron or not, for me he's got more of a mandate to run the UK than unelected Eurocrats do.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not my opinion though ; it's fact . "

now you are just being arrogant. No not fact your misguided opinion we not only have close ties with the US militarily but economically both countries inter invest . Does any one really think the US will say we want you to let us use your land bases to launch air strikes , we want you to fight shoulder to shoulder with us , to share intelligence etc but we are not going to trade with you . That US companies in the uk won't be able to import into the USA

I doubt that very much

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

It's not my opinion though ; it's fact . now you are just being arrogant. No not fact your misguided opinion we not only have close ties with the US militarily but economically both countries inter invest . Does any one really think the US will say we want you to let us use your land bases to launch air strikes , we want you to fight shoulder to shoulder with us , to share intelligence etc but we are not going to trade with you . That US companies in the uk won't be able to import into the USA

I doubt that very much

"

Please research the recent (by which I mean 1980s on) history of trade between us and the USA.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And you're either lying about your age or you were a very advanced 4 year old, out there in the world of work. "

Neither.

Are you denying this happened before the EU

Reply privately

over a year ago

And you're either lying about your age or you were a very advanced 4 year old, out there in the world of work.

Neither.

Are you denying this happened before the EU"

I didn't say anything about what did or didn't happen before the EU. But you told me I was too young to remember. When are you considering that we "joined" the EU? Because if we're talking about Britain "joining", that would be the EEC on 1 Jan 1973. If you're 48 as you claim, how do you remember anything about that either?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Neither.

I didn't say anything about what did or didn't happen before the EU. But you told me I was too young to remember. When are you considering that we "joined" the EU? Because if we're talking about Britain "joining", that would be the EEC on 1 Jan 1973. If you're 48 as you claim, how do you remember anything about that either?

"

I'd also heavily dispute that Britain pre-1973 is anything resembling what Britain in 2016 if we came out of the EU would be like. Times have changed. Things have moved on. So my original point, which is that no one has clearly articulated what it WOULD be like, still stands. At this stage it's all utopian pie in the sky.

(However if it IS going to be like 1972, I'll pass, ta.)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Neither.

I'd also heavily dispute that Britain pre-1973 is anything resembling what Britain in 2016 if we came out of the EU would be like. Times have changed. Things have moved on. So my original point, which is that no one has clearly articulated what it WOULD be like, still stands. At this stage it's all utopian pie in the sky.

(However if it IS going to be like 1972, I'll pass, ta.) "

I never said I remember anything. But read up on . We did travel and work abroad.

Stop thinking we can't trade. We can. But we dont have to pay £35 million (net ) a day for the privalige .

Reply privately

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

until all the facts are on the table then only can anyone decide what they want to do

theres nothing mentioned about your rights weather you stay in or out

workers rights

how many jobs have been sourced abroad from the uk

as goes for whats been posted its only for the greedy mp sharks and big business companies

if we leave what happens to your rights that have been eroded by this government already some of them being stopped by eu laws

whats next your sacked/finish work you cant claim dole because you have to follow the new regs unable to claim for 4 years

you have to remember what is decided for europeans has also got to be dished to our own here in the uk

nothing is ever explained properly or is well hidden until you need it

Reply privately

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"

I never said I remember anything. But read up on . We did travel and work abroad.

Stop thinking we can't trade. We can. But we dont have to pay £35 million (net ) a day for the privalige ."

trade what ? most of the produce we made at one time no longer exists here in the uk

if anything its digital money all held in the capital

we have very little to trade to abroad nowadays its mostly imported into the country

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Stop thinking we can't trade. We can. But we dont have to pay £35 million (net ) a day for the privalige .

trade what ? most of the produce we made at one time no longer exists here in the uk

if anything its digital money all held in the capital

we have very little to trade to abroad nowadays its mostly imported into the country "

True. So you think these people won't trade with us now ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I presume if we vote to leave, there will be a timetable for it to happen. So it won't just suddenly fall into disarray.

I just want to see more facts and figures of what the EU actually does for us now, as it seems we put more in than we get out of it.

Reply privately

By *raceytvcdTV/TS
over a year ago

mansfield

Oh fuck em they cant do with out us

Reply privately

over a year ago

The government wants to stay so we will. No government will go to vote thinking they won't get what they want. We need change to stay and I don't trust any political in a leave situation, we could benefit but we wouldn't as it stands

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not my opinion though ; it's fact . now you are just being arrogant. No not fact your misguided opinion we not only have close ties with the US militarily but economically both countries inter invest . Does any one really think the US will say we want you to let us use your land bases to launch air strikes , we want you to fight shoulder to shoulder with us , to share intelligence etc but we are not going to trade with you . That US companies in the uk won't be able to import into the USA

I doubt that very much

Please research the recent (by which I mean 1980s on) history of trade between us and the USA. "

F35 lightening ll UK are the only level one partner

RR developing the engine BAE systems a major supplier

BAE systems Developing and upgrading US weapons systems

British banks trading in the US

US company bought Cadbury for £ 6 billion

RR engines installed on Boeing aircraft

However I for one will not be dictated to by maybe the most ineffectual US president for some time

Especially as he is here today gone tomorrow

Reply privately

over a year ago

The simple way to look at it is, would you rather live in a society where it is possible to make your own living, or continue to let local business fail and large supermarkets/fast food chains/coffee shops put everyone else out of business...earn less, pay more and then decide which country to place their (1 employee) head office to funnel profits for more "creative" taxation...

Someone made a point about car manufacturing in north east and how much regeneration has been placed up north.... It's smoke and mirrors... The only places they have spent money is in the centres... Where they can build Starbucks etc.... Has it gone into new affordable housing? Has your rent gone down? Is it easier to buy somewhere to live? Is your public/private transport or energy bills becoming more manageable? Of course they aren't.... You're in a casino playing against the house... As far as manufacturing is concerned we will be in a stronger position to negotiate trade, rather than following what the EU(Rothschild head office) tells you you're allowed to do... That's not saying the puppet show politicians we have will do the right negotiation... But the eurozone was a social experiment that has failed... Ask every EU country with the exception of the elite Germany/France/Brussels... One currency doesn't work.. Greece, Spain, Italy are prime examples.. If you want to know hoe independence can (should) look like... Look at what Iceland have done since the kaupthing singer mess...

I work in the private finance world.. I understand how it works... I also know that in reality... It doesn't work... Only for the few... Wealth retention is what it's about.. We're all playing with loaded dice..

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't see that democracy will be any better if we left. I think the average person would be in a worse situation for quality of life and prospects too.

I'm glad there's not a referendum today as I'd feel very stupid after mainly getting opinion from a media that's pretty corrupt and biased. It will take me a long time to study the evidence to become clearer on the right decision for the country and myself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not voting because I've no idea if it will be better to stay or leave

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well in June we will all find out....as for the USA .....Fuck em ....weve arsed licked them for too long and they couldn't block trade as they need us for missiles geographically."

Lick it some more Brit. Fuck us! Id say much more but dont feel like getting banned for someone who should have been a stain on the bed. Keep licking our asses.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lick it some more Brit. Fuck us! Id say much more but dont feel like getting banned for someone who should have been a stain on the bed. Keep licking our asses. "

Haha, you're gonna be lickin trump soon... Haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

That is a complete nonsesne the free flow of migrant labour to the UK has decimated pay rates for the indigenous population and led to a growing black economy which undermines the tax structures.

Your FREEDOM is our OPPRESSION

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I'm not voting because I've no idea if it will be better to stay or leave"

Perhaps find out?

I think maybe they think there will be voting apathy because a lot of people don't know what the EU means?

In simple terms this country is being managed by a group of people who tried to take control by force before, but are not doing it in the name of Unity.

How many WWII soldiers are turning in their graves over this

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"The simple way to look at it is, would you rather live in a society where it is possible to make your own living, or continue to let local business fail and large supermarkets/fast food chains/coffee shops put everyone else out of business...earn less, pay more and then decide which country to place their (1 employee) head office to funnel profits for more "creative" taxation...

Someone made a point about car manufacturing in north east and how much regeneration has been placed up north.... It's smoke and mirrors... The only places they have spent money is in the centres... Where they can build Starbucks etc.... Has it gone into new affordable housing? Has your rent gone down? Is it easier to buy somewhere to live? Is your public/private transport or energy bills becoming more manageable? Of course they aren't.... You're in a casino playing against the house... As far as manufacturing is concerned we will be in a stronger position to negotiate trade, rather than following what the EU(Rothschild head office) tells you you're allowed to do... That's not saying the puppet show politicians we have will do the right negotiation... But the eurozone was a social experiment that has failed... Ask every EU country with the exception of the elite Germany/France/Brussels... One currency doesn't work.. Greece, Spain, Italy are prime examples.. If you want to know hoe independence can (should) look like... Look at what Iceland have done since the kaupthing singer mess...

I work in the private finance world.. I understand how it works... I also know that in reality... It doesn't work... Only for the few... Wealth retention is what it's about.. We're all playing with loaded dice.."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why do we accept laws made outside the UK without question? "

What ones specifically do you have an issue with ?

Reply privately

By *hingford manMan
over a year ago

highams park East London

LEAVE

When convicted criminals cannot be deported because of there human rights when they didn't give a shit about someone else human rights

Well you know something has gone terrible wrong

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not voting because I've no idea if it will be better to stay or leave

Perhaps find out?

I think maybe they think there will be voting apathy because a lot of people don't know what the EU means?

In simple terms this country is being managed by a group of people who tried to take control by force before, but are not doing it in the name of Unity.

How many WWII soldiers are turning in their graves over this "

None of them, they are dead already, what's that got to do With anything ?

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Perhaps find out?

None of them, they are dead already, what's that got to do With anything ?"

They gave their lives for our freedom and we're giving it away for free, that's what.

Reply privately

By *hingford manMan
over a year ago

highams park East London

"Why do we accept laws made outside the UK without question?

What ones specifically do you have an issue with ?"

Well the human rights act that allowed 3 Syrian soldiers being trained here who were convicted of rape and then deportation refused because they would be persecuted in Syria

One of thousands that should of been deported but we CANT deport lmao what a joke

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lick it some more Brit. Fuck us! Id say much more but dont feel like getting banned for someone who should have been a stain on the bed. Keep licking our asses.

Haha, you're gonna be lickin trump soon... Haha"

Youre right. Noone will benifit if Trump wins, especially us Americans. And the rest of the world better look out. WW3 is on the horizon if he is elected.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Youre right. Noone will benifit if Trump wins, especially us Americans. And the rest of the world better look out. WW3 is on the horizon if he is elected."

You're just jealous because we have bigger dicks mate... Haha

Reply privately

By *illbillMan
over a year ago

dublin

People want out cause they are tired of foreginers entering uk....its a two way street...how many eu states have scores of uk citizens living and working happily in there countries....if your sick of not having a say in europe stop voting in ukip types who dont contribute and dont give proper representation. Uk citizens dont get to vote or ratify treaties through no fault of the eu but due to the uks. constitution.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We must just add "what about the poor MEP's", nobody has mentioned them. If we vote to leave they will be unemployed and will probably have to use food banks and the "job" centre. Poor things.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why do we accept laws made outside the UK without question?

What ones specifically do you have an issue with ?

Well the human rights act that allowed 3 Syrian soldiers being trained here who were convicted of rape and then deportation refused because they would be persecuted in Syria

One of thousands that should of been deported but we CANT deport lmao what a joke "

The human rights act is a UK law passed in 1998, coming into full effect in 2000. This was not an EU act imposed upon the uk. This was an interpretation of the European convention for human rights and imposed by the UK government. This allows you to defend your rights in court and means you a re treated fairly, equally and with respect by public organisations such as government, police and local councils.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"LEAVE

When convicted criminals cannot be deported because of there human rights when they didn't give a shit about someone else human rights

Well you know something has gone terrible wrong "

Indeed, Prepare for an influx of British criminals fighting extradition in EU countries also

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We must just add "what about the poor MEP's", nobody has mentioned them. If we vote to leave they will be unemployed and will probably have to use food banks and the "job" centre. Poor things. "

Indeed Nigel has pocketed nearly £7mlion thus far

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps find out?

They gave their lives for our freedom and we're giving it away for free, that's what."

No they were fighting nazi Germany (mostly as cannon fodder for the British elite classes) in the 1900's people had very little freedom - but let's not let history get in the way of a rose tinted story

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People want out cause they are tired of foreginers entering uk....its a two way street...how many eu states have scores of uk citizens living and working happily in there countries....if your sick of not having a say in europe stop voting in ukip types who dont contribute and dont give proper representation. Uk citizens dont get to vote or ratify treaties through no fault of the eu but due to the uks. constitution."

1.4million at last count

Reply privately

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"The simple way to look at it is, would you rather live in a society where it is possible to make your own living, or continue to let local business fail and large supermarkets/fast food chains/coffee shops put everyone else out of business...earn less, pay more and then decide which country to place their (1 employee) head office to funnel profits for more "creative" taxation...

I work in the private finance world.. I understand how it works... I also know that in reality... It doesn't work... Only for the few... Wealth retention is what it's about.. We're all playing with loaded dice.."

If you want someone to agree that capitalism is a deeply exploitative, unfair, flawed system that benefits the few and tramples on the many, i'm with you 100%.

I don't agree that we'd have any more control, or the small guy would do better, or the five would be any less loaded if Brexit happened though. How would the average people living in economically disadvantaged areas have fared if it was all down to the UK government in recent decades? Would those governments have pumped money into the Labour heartlands to the extent that the EU did? No, the oppressed average guy in those areas would have been even more at the mercy of the system you (with some justification) despise.

The UK has certainly pays in more than it receives, not disputing that. Would the savings in contributions to the EU be used to help regenerate areas and help citizens in the way some EU money did, or will it just be appropriated and controlled by the elites you despise? I know which I think.

As for WWII soldiers - I wonder whether feelings of surprise and happiness that Europe has been rebuilt and at peace over 70 years would be stronger than concerns over who wields power and influence over us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The EU is the only world trade block not growing, its a sinking ship, who in their right mind will stay on a sinking ship!

I vote to leave and trade again with the world and Europe!

But this is abort sex for me so Il leave the politics for twitter and uni ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps find out?

They gave their lives for our freedom and we're giving it away for free, that's what.

No they were fighting nazi Germany (mostly as cannon fodder for the British elite classes) in the 1900's people had very little freedom - but let's not let history get in the way of a rose tinted story "

We were fighting against an organisation hell bent on commercial and social domination, occupying other countries and imposing its own will as a unified state...... Along with ethnic cleansing and industrial genocide. With the exception of the latter atrocities.... Commercial and social domination under the image of one u ivied body is nothing like what the EU represents is it??? But yeh let's not let history get in the way of anything...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Youre right. Noone will benifit if Trump wins, especially us Americans. And the rest of the world better look out. WW3 is on the horizon if he is elected."

Oh dear. Do you really believe that. Do you still believe Farage is racist to

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Stay in - we can only change things and have a say in what happens in Europe if we're a part of it...

Rather have Trump than Boris at least Donald can make his mind up"

Are you fucking kidding me!? Trump changes his mind depending on whatever audience he's delivering to. He flip-flops on so many issues. Take Planned Parenthood, at one stage he said he admired the work it does, then he started that he wanted to defund it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway, I've gotten too involved in all this for a Sunday night... I should be on here looking at boobs instead.. Nice to hear other _iews.

Lost sock: you are dead right we are screwed no matter what I'd just rather live in the optimism that some day there may be someone in the position to do something about this monopoly game we live in... And it's my _iew that being out of the EU is one step closer to that happening.... One day

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Neither.

(However if it IS going to be like 1972, I'll pass, ta.) "

Well as Michael Gove MP wrote in the Sun on Sunday..."The EU, set up in the 1950's and 60's is rooted in the past, it is an analogue union now trying to live in a digital age."

It has already been proven a failure on many fronts most recently the euro and the migrant crisis, among others. It is reluctant to reform as David Cameron found out first hand when he tried to renegotiate.

You may want to read the following link for an idea of what Britain after Brexit could look like...

www.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/what-brexit-would-look-like-for-britain

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"I presume if we vote to leave, there will be a timetable for it to happen. So it won't just suddenly fall into disarray.

I just want to see more facts and figures of what the EU actually does for us now, as it seems we put more in than we get out of it.

"

If a majority of the country votes to Leave the EU in June then there will be a 2 year time period in which we leave the EU after we invoke article 50. During that 2 year period we (Britain) can negotiate other bilateral agreements and trade deals with whoever we like so that other arrangements will already be in place when the 2 years is up. Have a look at this link to read in more detail....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_from_the_European_Union

Reply privately

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

As things stand in regards to how the EU is structured , remaining within it seems unattractive. It seems almost like a way of slowly ceding sovereignty from member nations with the promise of short time benefits but ultimately marching them toward a centralised federalist government by stealth.

It's a German vanity project that was skewed and hijacked from being a trade deal to a far reaching insidious bureaucracy in the shadow of the Berlin. Wall and the iron curtain.

As for trade agreements, the UK is an economy of 60 million. If they don't want trade or drag their heels, fuck'em. Put simply.

Reply privately

By *lectrumMan
over a year ago

south shields

I don't agree that we should be paying benefits to families in another country just because someone from that family is working in the uk and paying taxes that's why I want out

Reply privately

over a year ago

i will decide which way im going to vote when ive heard the in or out debates and then make my own mind up

Reply privately

over a year ago

Out.

This country became Great Britain without any help from Europe and it has declined since then but if we go on our own again an lots of namby pamby political correct knobs go live in Europe we can become Great again.

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

I didn't realise that paid holidays were as a result of us being in the EU...

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

I'm not too young to remember...but we must have lived in different countries.

"We could also move ,work and live very very freely around Europe" - well you obviously didn't try then, because we couldn't live or work freely."

You mean, like in the early 80s recession, when tens of thousands went to work in Europe, despite there being no 'open borders' or 'free movement of people'? You don't remember that?

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"Yeah y not and lose 80 of the biggest businesses in London and get an influx of 50,000 migrants as france will stop the controls so the south east england will have the jungle lol.

Stay in "

What evidence have you got for that? HSBC decided to stay in London irrelevant of the referendum result... despite for some time saying that if we voted out they would go...

And as for the 50,000 migrants from France? How will that happen?

More scaremongering, methinks!

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"The too young remember argument seems to have forgotten what Britain was like before joining, now I don't think the EU is responsible for lots of good things but the 70s were hardly a golden age for Britain "

The 70s were hardly a golden age for anyone.. there was a global downturn!

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

This has nothing to do with trade - the Us has shafted us countless times in that regard. "

You mean, we're protected by the EU at the moment, and yet the EU has let the US shaft us all the same?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What laws do you want to see changed if we leave the EU?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't agree that we should be paying benefits to families in another country just because someone from that family is working in the uk and paying taxes that's why I want out"

The benefits paid are effectively a tax rebate, if they are paying taxes why shouldn't they get the tax rebate?

Reply privately

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

I'm 100% in.

Out why wait while June

The EU provided huge sums of money to regenerate economically struggling areas, including as Fabio so rightly points out, areas in the north of England.

"

Yes, and the North East is getting funding of another £400 Million from the EU over the next decade...at the same time as it is getting about £3.5Billion from the UK government.

But that 400 million over the next 10 years? That's less than 10 days of our net contribution to the EU.....

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Personally I can't get myself worked up over this as I can't see what difference it would make to my life if we left.

Other half is 100% in the exit camp, his main reason border control, too many immigrants. Ironic considering he's Dutch!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont feel i know enough yet to make a decision x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I vote leave "

Good argument. Well presented.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It appears our government is doing all it can to ensure a "remain in Eu" vote comes through

Allowing Citizens of Ireland, Malta, Cyprus and Gibraltar an equal vote.

So it appears we will remain in Eu and continue to pay £55 million gross per day, £33 million net per day after all returns

Ireland has population 4.8 million

Cyprus has population 1.4 million

Malta has population 0.5 million

Gibraltar has population 20,000

All will vote for UK to remain as they don't want left in the EU on their own, so the vote is already rigged before it begins

whether you want to stay or leave, looks like the government is ensuring you stay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh, and how much have we received from the EU for all Flooding in England in Scotland at the end of last year

does Zero ring a bell

Reply privately

over a year ago

I expect still not seen a single compelling argument for leaving.

Most of what has been said is exaggerated and/or misinformed rubbish.

Most of the laws which affect rights, finances, business (etc) have to be compatible with the countries you want to trade with (a set of guidelines called OECD Guidelines) and those countries who opt out of EU stuff (like Norway) are still part of the wider EEC, and have to pass domestic laws which mirror EU laws in order to trade.

So if jobs and trade are important, stay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Regional development assistance seems to be more effective at an EU level because you don't have political parties coming in and jus trying to get short term vote winning stuff done before the next election.

So, if long-term, less London-biased, regional business and infrastructure development is important to you, stay.

Reply privately

over a year ago

you wont have any choice, you will be staying, the government will rig it and there is nothing you can do, like it or not YOU are staying

Reply privately

over a year ago

"you wont have any choice, you will be staying, the government will rig it and there is nothing you can do, like it or not YOU are staying"

Just like when Scotland tried to get rid of Westminster.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"you wont have any choice, you will be staying, the government will rig it and there is nothing you can do, like it or not YOU are staying"

I think you may be right mate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I dont feel i know enough yet to make a decision x "

Vara, I doubt very much anyone knows. The politicians lie so much we can't really believe a word any of the say anymore.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I dont feel i know enough yet to make a decision x

Vara, I doubt very much anyone knows. The politicians lie so much we can't really believe a word any of the say anymore. "

Trus but i always do my researxh before i decide and ive done none yet. I used ro work in local politics so i know what they qre like

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"It appears our government is doing all it can to ensure a "remain in Eu" vote comes through

Allowing Citizens of Ireland, Malta, Cyprus and Gibraltar an equal vote.

So it appears we will remain in Eu and continue to pay £55 million gross per day, £33 million net per day after all returns

Ireland has population 4.8 million

Cyprus has population 1.4 million

Malta has population 0.5 million

Gibraltar has population 20,000

All will vote for UK to remain as they don't want left in the EU on their own, so the vote is already rigged before it begins

whether you want to stay or leave, looks like the government is ensuring you stay."

Don't " misinform"

It's ONLY if they are resident in UK; apart from Gibraltarians; who are always entitled to vote in UK elections.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let's stay. The world's changing, let's progress with it instead of regressing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here here

Reply privately

over a year ago

Perhaps find out?

No they were fighting nazi Germany (mostly as cannon fodder for the British elite classes) in the 1900's people had very little freedom - but let's not let history get in the way of a rose tinted story

We were fighting against an organisation hell bent on commercial and social domination, occupying other countries and imposing its own will as a unified state...... Along with ethnic cleansing and industrial genocide. With the exception of the latter atrocities.... Commercial and social domination under the image of one u ivied body is nothing like what the EU represents is it??? But yeh let's not let history get in the way of anything... "

You have lost all credibility comparing the current EU with natzi Germany

If that's the level 'out' campaign is going for God help us

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally I can't get myself worked up over this as I can't see what difference it would make to my life if we left.

Other half is 100% in the exit camp, his main reason border control, too many immigrants. Ironic considering he's Dutch! "

I don't think it's ironic actually, people tend to vote in self interest.

The bbc was at a polish centre inter_iewing them on their thoughts.

The polish guy who's kids are in Poland was dead against the new rules being brought in.

The polish guy and his wife who've lived here ten years thought the new rules was a sensible idea but not for leaving the EU.

The polish guy and his wife who applied and got UK citizenship last year thought we should get out of the EU!.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I dont feel i know enough yet to make a decision x "

I feel the smart way Vara.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I expect still not seen a single compelling argument for leaving.

Most of the laws which affect rights, finances, business (etc) have to be compatible with the countries you want to trade with (a set of guidelines called OECD Guidelines) and those countries who opt out of EU stuff (like Norway) are still part of the wider EEC, and have to pass domestic laws which mirror EU laws in order to trade.

So if jobs and trade are important, stay. "

I buy products from south Africa, new Zealand, Malaysia, China and the USA...i wasn't aware all these countries had adopted EU law or mirrored it, just so they could sell these products?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if jobs and trade are important, stay. .

I buy products from south Africa, new Zealand, Malaysia, China and the USA...i wasn't aware all these countries had adopted EU law or mirrored it, just so they could sell these products?"

Have a look at the OECD Guidelines.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Neither.

(However if it IS going to be like 1972, I'll pass, ta.)

Stop thinking we can't trade. We can. But we dont have to pay £35 million (net ) a day for the privalige ."

So you can't remember it either. So how exactly was my age relevant? I have "read up on" things too you know. Of course we travelled and worked abroad pre-1973. No one is saying that's going to stop.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I buy products from south Africa, new Zealand, Malaysia, China and the USA...i wasn't aware all these countries had adopted EU law or mirrored it, just so they could sell these products?

Have a look at the OECD Guidelines."

Or if that's too wide a search for you (and you want information and aren't just trying to argue without information) look at the OECD Guidelines on the Protection of Privacy and Transborder Flows of Personal Data, and you'll see that all international data reform is in line with these principles.

Similar rules exist for every other area of business and finance. Otherwise we couldn't trade.

Reply privately

over a year ago

China isn't even a member of the oecd!

Reply privately

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Don't just roll over and let them win! Bojo and Michael Gove may have something to say about them trying to rig it. Everyone who wants to leave the EU needs to show some classic Bulldog spirit and fight back!!! Spread the word on social media, convince your family and friends. The polls are neck and neck at the moment, the Leave side CAN win this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"China isn't even a member of the oecd!"

I don't know if you're naive, have just Googled something and posted the first thing you found or whether you're just trying to misinform purely for the sake of argument.

China, India and Brazil and some of the larger emerging economies aren't full members of the OECD, but they work with the OECD to make sure all laws and regulations allow interoperability and trade.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think the wider issue of heading towards the United states of Europe with one autonomous bureaucratic government in Brussels, shouldn't be forgotten. All laws, red tape etc being dictated by an unelected commission. Similar to now, but much more so.

Greece isn't the only country to come close to being bust, Spain, Portugal and Italy are never far behind Greece. The accounts for the EU have ever been signed off for decades, because no accountant could make head nor tail of it. The EU is heading for bankruptcy and with the immigration problem, freedom of movement, a key policy is causing self interest in many countries, some of which are being blackmailed by Brussels to keep them open.

It's the EU that won't let us deport murderers, rapists, career criminals etc, but they are also the reason they are here in the first place.

I have no problem with people that come here to work, provided we have the jobs and the housing for them, so a system similar to Australia would work for me. There has always been freedom of movement in Europe, that's what a passport is for. We will always be the unwelcome guest at the dinner table. A thought I had the other day, just a thought as I haven't done any research to back it up, but has the state of the nhs, the roads etc start around the time of fuller integration with the EU? Perhaps one of you will know?

I don't want to be governed now or in the future by Brussels. I would prefer a democratically voted government, whether I voted for them or not, make decisions for me.

For me, it has to be out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All of you who said during the Scottish referendum that they'd be stupid to vote for independence because there was too much uncertainty about how it would actually work, and no one had clearly set out what the arrangements would be for things like travel, trade, business...why doesn't that apply to us?

All I'm hearing from the out camp is fantasy and rhetoric about having our own way, ruling ourselves, making our own decisions - from the same people who generally slag off the British govenrment when they do just that.

No clear plan of what a British exit would look like, would mean for the institutions and the businesses we work for and rely on. While there is uncertainty I think it would be incredibly naive to vote to leave, because you don't actually know the consequences. You can make guesses based on what Switzerland have done, or Norway, or Canada, but none of these are countries who have been in the EU and then taken their ball and gone home. You think the EU is going to make it easy for us, after we've told them to piss off? Of course they won't. This will be awkward and messy and protracted and expensive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No I'm not being belligerent, I'm genuinely questioning the notion put forward that if we leave the EU, we won't be able to trade with them unless we mirror EU laws!.

You then said read oecd guidelines, the first thing I noticed is China and India aren't even members, you then said they follow oecd guidelines...

So my question still stands, does China and India adopt EU laws to trade, if that's the case and I'm not saying it isn't, do they have to adopt ALL EU laws or just one or two that allow them to trade and if they can do that, then surely we'll be able to as well!.

Trading with the EU is all well and great but we've got a 150 billon a year trade deficit, I think we all agree that's unsustainable, we can't keep borrowing that money and that trade deficit has got worse and worse while we've been members of the EU, so it's really not doing us any favours.

I'm not saying it will work out, outside the EU, but it's not working inside the EU either, we'll go bankrupt inside the EU within ten years with that trade deficit

Reply privately