Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stood up :-(

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Meet arranged for tonight

Guy I've been chatting to for some time

He messaged to say he was on his way..then that he was lost..then that he was in town but couldn't find my address..then nothing!!

Why????!!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

He's married

over a year ago

He bottled it and didn't have the gumption or decency to let you know. I should reserve him a spot on the cockwomble shelf. Chin up though lady. HHx

By *az191000Man
over a year ago

Carluke

I been stood up aswell, no more late night meets for me.

over a year ago

"Meet arranged for tonight

He messaged to say he was on his way..then that he was lost..then that he was in town but couldn't find my address..then nothing!!

Why????!!!!! "

He got cold feet .. not up to the task

over a year ago

What an asshole!! That's so rude an childish, still can't believe people do that.

Chin up, there are some nice, honest guys on here.

Xxx

over a year ago

"He bottled it and didn't have the gumption or decency to let you know. I should reserve him a spot on the cockwomble shelf. Chin up though lady. HHx "

Thankyou lovely. He said he was nr asda which is round the corner..why would he come all that way and not show??!! I think he was lying..god knows why!!

over a year ago

Thanks all. He was very cocky and said he was gonna do this that and the other...maybe he did panic when he realised he maybe wasn't up to it!

over a year ago

It's just a shame this kind of plonker just spoil it for the genuine guys that are ready to meet ...

over a year ago

"He bottled it and didn't have the gumption or decency to let you know. I should reserve him a spot on the cockwomble shelf. Chin up though lady. HHx

Thankyou lovely. He said he was nr asda which is round the corner..why would he come all that way and not show??!! I think he was lying..god knows why!!"

It happens way to often chick u just have to count ya lucky stars really cos lets face it ur better off not meeting a guy like that

over a year ago

"He bottled it and didn't have the gumption or decency to let you know. I should reserve him a spot on the cockwomble shelf. Chin up though lady. HHx

Thankyou lovely. He said he was nr asda which is round the corner..why would he come all that way and not show??!! I think he was lying..god knows why!!

It happens way to often chick u just have to count ya lucky stars really cos lets face it ur better off not meeting a guy like that "

Very true..just disappointing when I spent time making sure the house looked nice and doing my hair and make up etc...not to mention was feeling very horny lol!!!

By *isdirtygirlWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

He got cold feet and his penis climbed into his stomach cos hes a fuckwit! Onwards a d upwards Op.. dont let one failure spoil it for you x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You know I can understand people bottling it, I nearly did a few times in my younger days. But what I don't understand is people just not turning up.

Even if it's sorry I can't make it with no explanation.

But you said he was near asda, does he know your town?

over a year ago

"Very true..just disappointing when I spent time making sure the house looked nice and doing my hair and make up etc...not to mention was feeling very horny lol!!! "

This has happened to me before but I didn't waste the effort ... Someone else was much more appreciative

over a year ago

He musta been good to sway you

Wheres Gwynedd?

over a year ago

"You know I can understand people bottling it, I nearly did a few times in my younger days. But what I don't understand is people just not turning up.

But you said he was near asda, does he know your town?"

No..He said he was by asda but was having trouble finding my address..even though he had a satnav. .I said call me and ill direct you..He replied 'ok' but I didn't hear anything again!!

over a year ago

"Very true..just disappointing when I spent time making sure the house looked nice and doing my hair and make up etc...not to mention was feeling very horny lol!!!

This has happened to me before but I didn't waste the effort ... Someone else was much more appreciative "

Good on you! Unfortunately it was too late for me to show my effort to anyone else lol

over a year ago

"He musta been good to sway you

Wheres Gwynedd? "

I don't know if he is good or not..and now I'll never know!

Gwynedd is in North Wales

over a year ago

The Mrs and I were let down tonight too.

I wouldn't worry...Loads of willing replacements out there..Sure there will be someone else along soon enough who you like and will show

You'll be reet

over a year ago

His loss and some other lucky buggers gain x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Thanks all. He was very cocky and said he was gonna do this that and the other...maybe he did panic when he realised he maybe wasn't up to it!"

That should have been a clue. When they tell you what they're going to do in great detail: usually wank fodder, they have no intention of meeting.

We live and learn.

Better luck next time.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"You know I can understand people bottling it, I nearly did a few times in my younger days. But what I don't understand is people just not turning up.

But you said he was near asda, does he know your town?"

He probably Googled the postcode and did street view if he's anything like me.

over a year ago

"Thanks all. He was very cocky and said he was gonna do this that and the other...maybe he did panic when he realised he maybe wasn't up to it!"

When they give it the 'I'm gonna do this, that and the other to you' before a meet you have already served your purpose. They have had a wank and had no intention of meeting. He was an arsehole. The site is full of them, especially over the weekend. That's why I am club meets only and no sex talk before I've met. Weeds out the wankers

By *iking.beardMan
over a year ago

Leeds

He's a twat nothing but a twat. Not only has he let you down he has now probably knocked your confidence meeting single blokes and spoiling it for use genuine guys that if we say we goin to do someone we do

By *iking.beardMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Typo something not someone although it fits lol

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"He's a twat nothing but a twat. Not only has he let you down he has now probably knocked your confidence meeting single blokes and spoiling it for use genuine guys that if we say we goin to do someone we do "

He probably also claimed to be a genuine guy who always turns up...

Unfortunately it's such an easy claim to make and proves nothing..

Other guys don't spoil it for me.

over a year ago

Oh this kinda thing has happened nine times to be since October..

I dont arrange meets anymore for that reason..

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

He changed his mind wife found out

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 14:20:32]

By *infullysexyWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

His loss.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Can I join your club OP? I was stood up last night to. It's so disappointing when you've been looking forward to meeting someone and spent time on looking good.

Like you I'd chatted to him for a while and got a good feeling from him. I turned up at the pub, he didn't. Didn't even answer my calls!!!!!

There are some fuckwits on here aren't there?

Group hug???

over a year ago

might help if you tell them to reset gps so you know they are on route ..if they say they dont no how ..in my experience they are time wasting x

over a year ago

To anyone that gets stood, you need to think and use some common sense, part of it is your fault too, not just his fault

over a year ago

"To anyone that gets stood, you need to think and use some common sense, part of it is your fault too, not just his fault"

How?

over a year ago

"To anyone that gets stood, you need to think and use some common sense, part of it is your fault too, not just his fault

How?"

Getting stood up can be prevented, i cant think of a way to prevent it but i've never been stood up so i must be using common sense

over a year ago

There is no exact way to prevent it because its common sense its only on here that i know of adults being stood up

By *aptain VMan
over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

Why????!!!!! "

I know the feeling iv been stood up a few times too many time wasters on here

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"To anyone that gets stood, you need to think and use some common sense, part of it is your fault too, not just his fault"

I accept it's partly my fault for not sticking by my rules and having a social first. The plan was to go on to club.

But not having the balls to cancel, well, there is no excuse for that!!!!!!

over a year ago

"Can I join your club OP? I was stood up last night to. It's so disappointing when you've been looking forward to meeting someone and spent time on looking good.

Like you I'd chatted to him for a while and got a good feeling from him. I turned up at the pub, he didn't. Didn't even answer my calls!!!!!

Group hug??? "

Same here. 5 times now so I've given up fed up of wasting my time

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

[Removed by poster at 21/02/16 14:43:41]

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

"There is no exact way to prevent it because its common sense its only on here that i know of adults being stood up"

I wish I was more like you. You're so amazing. You've never been stood up so you must be doing something perfect. Wow I'm so in awe of you...

over a year ago

It happened to me a lot in the early days. Now I tend to have a pretty good instinct but still ha an identical situation to yours last week. Happens to us all

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

He said he couldn't find your address.

Did you offer to go and meet him at Asda? and guide him home ?

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Can I join your club OP? I was stood up last night to. It's so disappointing when you've been looking forward to meeting someone and spent time on looking good.

Group hug???

Same here. 5 times now so I've given up fed up of wasting my time "

5 times?? Christ what is wrong with people? Pm me if they are local, save me the hassle!!!

over a year ago

"To anyone that gets stood, you need to think and use some common sense, part of it is your fault too, not just his fault

How?

Getting stood up can be prevented, i cant think of a way to prevent it but i've never been stood up so i must be using common sense

"

Bit of a broad sweeping statement there!!!

Op I was wondering if the twat had any veris from previous meets?

I use this as a way of sifting out the dreamers. It may help?

over a year ago

How?

"

When I got stood up, it was in no way my fault whatsoever. There is no excuse for someone to not even let you know. You can have all the rules in place you like about verifications, phone numbers and socials, but none of those can protect you against someone waking up one day and deciding to be a cunt.

over a year ago

How?

"

By the way Mr big bollox, have u actually had a meet on here???

No didn't think so!

Perhaps comment on what you actually know!!!!!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

How?

When I got stood up, it was in no way my fault whatsoever. There is no excuse for someone to not even let you know. You can have all the rules in place you like about verifications, phone numbers and socials, but none of those can protect you against someone waking up one day and deciding to be a cunt.

"

That made me laugh!!!

over a year ago

Why????!!!!! "

match of the day on last night lovely

try a friday night I reckon

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I've been lucky never had a no show, had folk cancel and rearrange..

Block move on op... It's the advice given to most

over a year ago

Why????!!!!!

try a friday night I reckon "

That's no excuse

I met someone in a hotel and we watched Match of the Day

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Why????!!!!!

That's no excuse

I met someone in a hotel and we watched Match of the Day "

Yes bit only because Norwich were on I bet?!!

By *riskygazMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Maybe he built him self up to be this amazing lover, then got cold feet when it came to putting all that talk into action.

over a year ago

"He bottled it and didn't have the gumption or decency to let you know. I should reserve him a spot on the cockwomble shelf. Chin up though lady. HHx "

bet you never get stood up! wow :P

over a year ago

Why????!!!!!

That's no excuse

I met someone in a hotel and we watched Match of the Day

Yes bit only because Norwich were on I bet?!! "

True and it was quite a while ago because Norwich actually won that weekend

over a year ago

How?

"

Sorry love but you're talking through your bum!

For me the downside of making hot photos is that more people know of me and I become wank fodder to more guys! Most of them are nice/harmless and it's fine!

Quite often though I get guys who look great, chat great and seem very convincing - claiming they're really keen to actually meet - not Skype, webcam, picture swap or sext which doesn't really interest me! When the meet is due to happen about 70 % of them disappear - because what they really wanted was an ego boost - to get someone 'popular' to agree to meet them - even though they know they'll never really meet as they're attached!

It really gets to me sometimes and I wonder what the hell is wrong with me! For this reason I always have a plan B now, I always chat on the phone before meeting, and I generally meet at clubs and parties where I know other people - so I'll have a lovely night even if it's only socially!

Fab sucks at times - but on the whole I love it!

Chin up op - and _ady lick (and others who got let down) - hope your next meet is an amazing one!

over a year ago

How?

That made me laugh!!! "

It's the truth

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

It happens to many on FaB. .

Stopped me travelling any distance to meet anyone, because some like to play games as they have no intentions to meet.

Have a awesome afternoon, bath candles, film...Tommorw will be better x

By *ullbackbuttMan
over a year ago

Purton

Why????!!!!! "

That's not good. Shame on him. I fully understand where your coming from. I had a meet setup recently and had I not checked the day before I would driven a long distance for nothing as the woman then said she was not interested. She was very interested at the start. It is not good. I wish people would not make a commitment unless they plan to go through with it.

Chin up he's not worth it and you will find a better guy out there.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well now I tend to only meet for coffee or go to a club

If I meet for a coffee I always say it's for a coffee social - if it is at a club then at least if they don't show there are plenty of more fish in the sea

Last weekend a female said she was coming - she never came to the club and never said what happened. It was her loss

over a year ago

The upside of not making hot photos and not being popular is that I've never been stood up. Every cloud, huh?

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"The upside of not making hot photos and not being popular is that I've never been stood up. Every cloud, huh? "

Also not appearing in local searches helps. That way I only chat to people I want to rather than being spotted by everyone looking for a spare hole within a certain geographical radius.

over a year ago

"The upside of not making hot photos and not being popular is that I've never been stood up. Every cloud, huh?

Also not appearing in local searches helps. That way I only chat to people I want to rather than being spotted by everyone looking for a spare hole within a certain geographical radius."

How do you avoid appearing on local searches please? X

over a year ago

"The upside of not making hot photos and not being popular is that I've never been stood up. Every cloud, huh?

Also not appearing in local searches helps. That way I only chat to people I want to rather than being spotted by everyone looking for a spare hole within a certain geographical radius.

How do you avoid appearing on local searches please? X"

By removing what you are looking for

over a year ago

How do you avoid appearing on local searches please? X

By removing what you are looking for"

Ok thanks Hun! X

over a year ago

Stood up, guess there's a few fair reasons but it's a bit shit isn't it!

I don't often meet at all, but I'm sure I'd just move on and not dwell on it if I was stood up, not my issue.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I don't get "not turning up" (nb, this is different to "cancelling", which happens).

I could be round someone I fancy's house shagging them...

Nah, I think I'll have a bag of crisps and watch the telly instead...

over a year ago

Reading through the thread, it's sad how many people got stood up last night. I think it's one of those things you can't do anything about sometimes - whatever rules you have in place.

Hope you all have great meets next time you arrange one.

Sarah

By *ullbackbuttMan
over a year ago

Purton

How?

No didn't think so!

Perhaps comment on what you actually know!!!!! "

over a year ago

What a total Pen*s Head? to come out with a statement like that. How on earth can the good person help being stood up by the baddy aka time waster?..

over a year ago

How?

No didn't think so!

He's had one veri in over a year' .That says it all'....

over a year ago

"The upside of not making hot photos and not being popular is that I've never been stood up. Every cloud, huh? "

I've never been stood up (yet).

I do 'check in' with them just before I'm about to leave, if I didn't get a reply I wouldn't drive off until I did.

over a year ago

How?

No didn't think so!

Yes i've met on here

over a year ago

How?

No didn't think so!

Yes i've met on here"

Have you met a lot of people?

over a year ago

Why????!!!!! "

Aww you seem so nice too, his loss don't worry

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I've been stood up twice today, first meet cancelled then arranged another and he cancelled too.

I appreciate they cancelled & weren't no shows of course.

Means I don't have to get ready to go out in crap weather

over a year ago

How?

No didn't think so!

Yes i've met on here

Have you met a lot of people?"

No, i think 4 last year...

over a year ago

"Thanks all. He was very cocky and said he was gonna do this that and the other...maybe he did panic when he realised he maybe wasn't up to it!

That should have been a clue. When they tell you what they're going to do in great detail: usually wank fodder, they have no intention of meeting.

We live and learn.

Better luck next time. "

This

Never show interest to guy who likes to talk the talk, cause that's all it will be, wank fodder, my Mrs has had some issues with guys not showing and they've all done this beforehand. So any guy who starts talking about what they'd like to do to you in hope of a response, just block and move on, believe you'll be doing yourself a favour.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

show off!

We've been stood up a couple of times, once by a well verified profile. Once by someone we'd already met previously.

over a year ago

All boils down to common decency, unfortunately some men don't appear to have it, but please don't let these few tarnish us all.

Chin up, plenty more fish in the sea

X

over a year ago

"All boils down to common decency, unfortunately some men don't appear to have it, but please don't let these few tarnish us all.

Chin up, plenty more fish in the sea

X"

this

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

How?

"

Well claiming you used common sense means that you took some positive measures, something definite that you recall doing, either in your scanning of profiles, or in measures you consciously took in contacting the people in arranging to prevent being stood up.

Otherwise it was just fortunate that these four did turn up...and you can't put that down to common sense

over a year ago

Sounds like an idiot to me. Chin up chuckles xxx

By *ammyDodgaMan
over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

Only been stood up once and it's a kick in the teeth.

Makes you more determined to not do it to another though.

Chin up, not all are arses on here

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I've never been stood up (yet).

I do 'check in' with them just before I'm about to leave, if I didn't get a reply I wouldn't drive off until I did."

I won't leave home if they don't text to say they are on their way.

And I meet guys far enough away to give me time to get ready if they are coming

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Getting stood up can be prevented, i cant think of a way to prevent it but i've never been stood up so i must be using common sense

"

He's right it can be prevented and he's using the best method too. Don't meet and you can't be stood up

over a year ago

We've been stood up lots - thinking a club is the way to go.

By *ony HardcockMan
over a year ago

Shepperton

Why????!!!!! "

His lost OP

Did he get in contact with you and give you an excuse?

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

I was stood up once when I was part of a couple and it is not nice at all

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I've been here seven years. Have I been stood up? Not once! Before I found Fab and was naive...well that was a different story. I'd honed my bullshit detector by then.

I don't go out of my way for a fuck: ever. First meet always social during my lunchtime when I'd be in the coffee shop anyway or after work in the pub. If it's after work at the station, 15 minutes before my train leaves. If they're not there I don't hang about.

I'll book a flexi day to pamper myself. If they were not to turn up no biggie, had a plan B.

From my own experience in the early days I was eager, took people at their word to my detriment: we live and learn.

To those that are constantly being stood up however, it could be your selection process needs reassessing. It's all trial and error: onto the next one!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

And that should have been your first warning.

Those that talk a good game rarely deliver, he had probably wanked himself dry just at the thought of meeting you.

Those who want dirty talk never meet, they are all talk no action.

over a year ago

"It's just a shame this kind of plonker just spoil it for the genuine guys that are ready to meet ... "

Absolutely that.... fed up of these kind of idiots, it's hard enough for us guys anyway and these numpties just make it even harder!!

over a year ago

"Getting stood up can be prevented, i cant think of a way to prevent it but i've never been stood up so i must be using common sense

He's right it can be prevented and he's using the best method too. Don't meet and you can't be stood up "

Whats with the assuming that not meeting is the best way to not get stood up... I'm just saying because its only on fabswingers that you get 30, 40, 50 year olds getting stood up like its the norm. Even the young girls off tinder wouldnt fall for that lol...

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Not sure which is worse. Being stood up by a guy who's 'round the corner' or being stood up 3 times by the same guy with no explanation at all. (Yes, more fool me for agreeing to a 2nd and 3rd but I'm a softie at heart)

If only I could name and shame the not so perfect man.

Keep positive OP and take comfort in knowing that it's happened to many other lovely ladies.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"It's just a shame this kind of plonker just spoil it for the genuine guys that are ready to meet ...

Absolutely that.... fed up of these kind of idiots, it's hard enough for us guys anyway and these numpties just make it even harder!!"

Please explain how their actions have any bearing on your actions on the site.

I'm all ears

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

He's right it can be prevented and he's using the best method too. Don't meet and you can't be stood up

Whats with the assuming that not meeting is the best way to not get stood up... I'm just saying because its only on fabswingers that you get 30, 40, 50 year olds getting stood up like its the norm. Even the young girls off tinder wouldnt fall for that lol..."

You said nothing of the sort

...and I think the previous contributor was implying that you speak from no experience of any meets at all...

By *oinMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

It's things like this that makes it such hard work for us genuine guys

over a year ago

Whats with the assuming that not meeting is the best way to not get stood up... I'm just saying because its only on fabswingers that you get 30, 40, 50 year olds getting stood up like its the norm. Even the young girls off tinder wouldnt fall for that lol..."

You do realise that there are people of all ages on Tinder don't you?

And I bet some of them get stood up too.

You said you'd had 4 meets last year. Not exactly a lot to boast that you've never been stood up

over a year ago

"It's things like this that makes it such hard work for us genuine guys "

I agree. I've been stood up a few times and given a false address by one couple. Well the place they text me did exist Just not them!!!

It's not a nice but it happen. Like you say it gives us genuine guys a bad name

over a year ago

Maybe he cum in his pants on his way thinking what a stunner he was about to meet.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"It's things like this that makes it such hard work for us genuine guys "

So how exactly has it made it harder work for you then?

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I've been stood up a few times, mostly people bottle it at the last minute I guess, but it's their loss

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

Why????!!!!! "

Had this happen to me on more than one occasion - just wish they'd message and say they've changed their mind xx

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Op it seams a common thing on here and there are some reliable one on here and of course some very bitter ones chin up

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

God this is so frustrating.

Selfish isn't the word. Not even being an emotional fuckwit(as Bridget would say).

They must realise that it only has a massively detrimental knock on effect for other users on the site(ie that they become more cynical).

Thyere's a few of you who've posted on here who I would LOVE to potentially meet, but these cunts(as someone else so perceptively pointed out)basically mess it up for everyone else who'd like to meet but don't encourage it progressing because of the suspicion that the other half won't turn up.

Grrrrr....!!!!!

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"God this is so frustrating.

Selfish isn't the word. Not even being an emotional fuckwit(as Bridget would say).

They must realise that it only has a massively detrimental knock on effect for other users on the site(ie that they become more cynical).

Grrrrr....!!!!!"

I shouldn't get so worked up about it.

This "massively detrimental knock on effect" doesn't prevent you or me from finding perfectly suitable and willing partners on the site, even if a few are deterred by bad experiences...

There are many people who take it in their stride and soldier on...

over a year ago

I definitely wouldn't stand you up, that guy must be a damn fool!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

Thankyou lovely. He said he was nr asda which is round the corner..why would he come all that way and not show??!! I think he was lying..god knows why!!"

there are 3 asda's in .gwynedd

come on give me more of a clue

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Too stand someone up, to not attend a planned meeting of any sort just shows the type of person and a complete lack of common decency, there is no excuse for it. A call at least to say you can't make it at very least which is bad enough, then there is the mail / text options of doing it (even worse)..

OP And all the other lovely ladies who have been stood up "please don't let these few tarnish us all"

The great thing is the word does get round about these wasters and because of these wasters I had the honour of meeting a rather lovely lady.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"Too stand someone up, to not attend a planned meeting of any sort just shows the type of person and a complete lack of common decency, there is no excuse for it. A call at least to say you can't make it at very least which is bad enough, then there is the mail / text options of doing it (even worse)..

OP And all the other lovely ladies who have been stood up "please don't let these few tarnish us all"

The great thing is the word does get round about these wasters and because of these wasters I had the honour of meeting a rather lovely lady. "

Well I guess it makes a change from moaning and blaming the wasters for a lack of meets,...but I find it equally unlikely or implausible that wasters led you in some mysterious and inexplicable way to get a meet.

Personally, I don't attribute any credit or blame for my fortunes and actions here on the site.

By *erfectman122Man
over a year ago

from somewhere nice

"Too stand someone up, to not attend a planned meeting of any sort just shows the type of person and a complete lack of common decency, there is no excuse for it. A call at least to say you can't make it at very least which is bad enough, then there is the mail / text options of doing it (even worse)..

The great thing is the word does get round about these wasters and because of these wasters I had the honour of meeting a rather lovely lady.

Well I guess it makes a change from moaning and blaming the wasters for a lack of meets,...but I find it equally unlikely or implausible that wasters led you in some mysterious and inexplicable way to get a meet.

Personally, I don't attribute any credit or blame for my fortunes and actions here on the site."

By *urvyKattWoman
over a year ago

Dumfriesshire

I was stood up last week as well. He was on his way apparently and I haven't heard from him since although he has been online and posted a verification from the weekend. And checked out my profile again. I'm not even going to block him as I think it's poetic justice for him to see any nice shiny new pics I post and new meet verifications as he has a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting the chance again

over a year ago

"I was stood up last week as well. He was on his way apparently and I haven't heard from him since although he has been online and posted a verification from the weekend. And checked out my profile again. I'm not even going to block him as I think it's poetic justice for him to see any nice shiny new pics I post and new meet verifications as he has a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting the chance again "

Well if you're ever in Manchester be sure to look me up! Never been a no show!

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I have the opposite, it's women that have stood me up, I think they're just as bad! men I have no problem with

over a year ago

Thankyou all lovely ladies and complimentary gents for your posts.

Just to answer a few queries...

I'd had a meet arranged for that night but the guy failed to respond to my message that day..He was someone I'd already met and seemed very eager to repeat but obviously changed his mind..didn't have the balls to let me know!

So last minute I arranged to meet the second guy who I'd been speaking to for over a month and really wanted to meet..I had been less enthusiastic as he was bragging about how big/good he was! But I wanted to make the most of a child free evening and fancied a meet! We were in contact all afternoon/evening up until he said he was at asda (and he knew which town..In fact I'd given him the postcode) but he couldn't find my address (even though he had a satnav)!!

Never heard a thing since..he's been online and read my message!

Never mind..I'm over it now..was just disappointing at the time!

It won't ruin anything for me..I'll still (and have) arrange meets.

Very much looking forward to my next planned meet and know this one won't let me down

over a year ago

Why????!!!!! "

he's got dementia

over a year ago

Group hug??? "

Hugs hunni

Yes we should form a group..and have fun without the fuck wits

over a year ago

"Sounds like an idiot to me. Chin up chuckles xxx"

Thankyou lovely x

over a year ago

"He's married "

He's a woman!

over a year ago

Fuck wit alert

over a year ago

Why????!!!!! he's got dementia "

Is that the same as he is demented?

over a year ago

Why????!!!!! he's got dementia "

If only I could find him I could help! Being a dementia nurse!

over a year ago

"He's married

He's a woman!"

Why would that stop him/her from turning up?!

over a year ago

"He's married

He's a woman!

Why would that stop him/her from turning up?!"

Pretending to be a man

By *ucky1Man
over a year ago

a straightjacket

A lot of people on here talk the talk, but when it comes to having a face to face meet, they wither and run a mile. Don't let it bother you as plenty of decent people out there who are willing to go that extra mile and actually turn up, just put it down to experience and stop being so horny when you have a child free night x

over a year ago

"A lot of people on here talk the talk, but when it comes to having a face to face meet, they wither and run a mile. Don't let it bother you as plenty of decent people out there who are willing to go that extra mile and actually turn up, just put it down to experience and stop being so horny when you have a child free night x"

Oh ok ill do that then!!

over a year ago

Why????!!!!! he's got dementia

If only I could find him I could help! Being a dementia nurse!"

maybe he's still lost god it could be tragic

over a year ago

If only I could find him I could help! Being a dementia nurse! maybe he's still lost god it could be tragic "

Oh never thought of that! Oh no..I'm gonna have to go out looking for him now..I'll start at asda!

By *anderer8707Man
over a year ago

Telford

I must be really naive to find myself totally amazed a guy would behave this way. I can understand why some people may 'bottle out' at some point, but what is there to lose by just being honest and saying so?

Why is it that some people think it's ok to be rude and inconsiderate just because they can stay anonymous?

As said prviously on here, you've had a lucky escape methinks.

I notice i'm out of your age range (sadly) and I respect that, but I couldn't imagine a situation where I would be so close to getting together and then not turning up.

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

"A lot of people on here talk the talk, but when it comes to having a face to face meet, they wither and run a mile. Don't let it bother you as plenty of decent people out there who are willing to go that extra mile and actually turn up, just put it down to experience and stop being so horny when you have a child free night x

Oh ok ill do that then!!"

Such helpful advice....

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

My turn tonight.

Been chatting for a bit, a social meet for last Sunday was cancelled in good time.

Rearranged for tonight. He text to say he was on his way. He text to say he was 15 mins away. He text to say he'd arrived. I meet at a public place first time.

I arrived soon after and there was no sign of him. I text him and was told he'd been pulled over by the Police. I text to say but you were here.

Then I realised I'd been had

over a year ago

"My turn tonight.

Been chatting for a bit, a social meet for last Sunday was cancelled in good time.

Rearranged for tonight. He text to say he was on his way. He text to say he was 15 mins away. He text to say he'd arrived. I meet at a public place first time.

I arrived soon after and there was no sign of him. I text him and was told he'd been pulled over by the Police. I text to say but you were here.

Then I realised I'd been had "

How far did you travel?

over a year ago

What's wrong with these idiots , going through the motions arrangements made knowing full well they have no intention showing up ! Poor women have made all the effort looking good etc I think it's an insecure thing they need to know they can still pull but no intentions going along . It's always the arsehole guys that get these chances . Genuine men that would show don't get the chances a lot of the times . Ps he prob thought he was billy big bollocks and got stage fright incase he was snide after giving it the patter.

over a year ago

"He's married "
I was going to say that . lol

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"How far did you travel?"

Not far, I used to meet half way but knocked that on the head years ago now

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

He's meet verified as well, by more than one person

over a year ago

Aliens might have got him

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Aliens might have got him "

Lets hope so

When do I get to meet you

over a year ago

"He's meet verified as well, by more than one person "

But a man being verified shows he turns up so should be trusted more than an unverified man

over a year ago

If only I could find him I could help! Being a dementia nurse! maybe he's still lost god it could be tragic

Oh never thought of that! Oh no..I'm gonna have to go out looking for him now..I'll start at asda! "

da da de da da

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"He's meet verified as well, by more than one person

But a man being verified shows he turns up so should be trusted more than an unverified man "

One would hope

over a year ago

He probably got so excited he came in his troos on the way and was ashamed and went home and couldn't think of an excuse. Don't give him a second chance.

Beautiful lady.. someone more deserving of you will come along.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"He probably got so excited he came in his troos on the way and was ashamed and went home and couldn't think of an excuse. Don't give him a second chance.

Beautiful lady.. someone more deserving of you will come along.

"

That's a good one

Yes the beauty of Fab is we can say "Next"

over a year ago

I've had 3 guys that I've had social meets with after weeks of banter saying they were gonna do this that and the other to me. Then arranged for the fun meet and they all went quiet, I just don't understand?? The mind boggles. It's their loss and the guy who stood you up too, chin up babe, there's plenty of decent guys out there x

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

He's a single guy, it happens

over a year ago

"Thanks all. He was very cocky and said he was gonna do this that and the other...maybe he did panic when he realised he maybe wasn't up to it!

When they give it the 'I'm gonna do this, that and the other to you' before a meet you have already served your purpose. They have had a wank and had no intention of meeting. He was an arsehole. The site is full of them, especially over the weekend. That's why I am club meets only and no sex talk before I've met. Weeds out the wankers "

I've learnt this now x

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

"He's married "

That ^... Or a fantasist that uses you to pass time when at a loss. Block, move on. Xx.

over a year ago

He is fool ,a big potatoe headed large bulbus nose ejit...sorry got carried away

over a year ago

I don't get why you wouldn't turn up, but to say you're on the way if you're clearly not is just bizarre.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I don't get why you wouldn't turn up, but to say you're on the way if you're clearly not is just bizarre."

Mine said he'd arrived. Bonkers some of them

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

"I don't get why you wouldn't turn up, but to say you're on the way if you're clearly not is just bizarre.

Mine said he'd arrived. Bonkers some of them "

Unless he's James bond.. Traveling in an invisible Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.. Lol.

Post new Message to Thread