Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glass half Empty!!!!!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi folks just had ti voice my opinion on all of negativity that floats around this site. Starting to get fed up of reading progiles and starus updates telling what people DONT Want or DONT LIKE! Rather than telling us we you DO LIKE AND WANT!

It just smacks of pure negativity! Dont do this and dont want that!

It has got to the point where, if I see 'please read profile before messaging, i pass it by, because I know it will be full of negative energy!

I know i might sound negative now, thus defeating my own argument, just had to get it off my chest, im defo a GLASS HALF FULL KIND OF PERSON and i certainly dont judge or exclude before weve even been introduced

Your thoughts and comments most welcome, or is just me!!!!!! Jayxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Reminds me of a Larson cartoon.

Person #1: "This glass is half empty."

Person #2: "This glass is half full."

Person #3: "Gee. I just can't decide."

Person #4: "I ordered a burger dammit!!"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hi folks just had ti voice my opinion on all of negativity that floats around this site. Starting to get fed up of reading progiles and starus updates telling what people DONT Want or DONT LIKE! Rather than telling us we you DO LIKE AND WANT!

It has got to the point where, if I see 'please read profile before messaging, i pass it by, because I know it will be full of negative energy!

I know i might sound negative now, thus defeating my own argument, just had to get it off my chest, im defo a GLASS HALF FULL KIND OF PERSON and i certainly dont judge or exclude before weve even been introduced

Your thoughts and comments most welcome, or is just me!!!!!! Jayxxx"

That, as you said, you are very much in danger of sounding negative.

By *orthLincsIronCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The glass is always full

over a year ago

I get bored of reading all the dos and donts.I prefer to go with the flow.I imagine some people have protocols in their bedside cabinets.It would make for a very 'clinical' meet!!

over a year ago

Always look on the bright side of life!

There's a song in there somewhere and now I'm doomed... dum dee dum dee dum

over a year ago

I like them. Makes the mood hoovers easier to avoid.

over a year ago

Technically the glass is always full.

No matter how much liquid is in it, air fills the rest, therefore always full...

over a year ago

Each to there own, it's there profile so there text, don't like it move on to the next.

over a year ago

They think people who don't read profiles, or don't care about profiles, will not do what they ask them not to do. At least they're being proactive about what they don't want.

I always ensure my glasses are empty by using a vacuum pump.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thursday was yesterday.

Negativity on profiles just acts as another filter. Much the same as on the forums.

I like positive, cheery people.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Thursday was yesterday.

Negativity on profiles just acts as another filter. Much the same as on the forums.

"

And full glasses!

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

"Thursday was yesterday.

And full glasses! "

Back on the wine already?

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

Even better the glass is refillable

over a year ago

I agree with you on this one, it's perfectly possible to put your preferences across without making yourself sound like a total arsehole. But those who do make themselves sound like total arseholes are then easily avoided, so it's a useful filter for me.

over a year ago

Nah that's not my glass, my glass is much bigger....and full!

over a year ago

My glass is full so my profile is empty

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

it dont matter if the glass is half full or half empty,

the main thing is there is room for more vodka

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Every cloud has a cloudy lining

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Thursday was yesterday.

And full glasses!

Back on the wine already?"

Nope! Not even wine Friday!

I'm going home to bake!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/02/16 16:49:55]

over a year ago

try again lol we say our dos and don't if folk don't like that then tuff we are here for us to have fun end of

over a year ago

I haven't noticed any negativity ......

But I do see quite a lot of unrealistic expectation...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

There's a difference between negativity just for the sake of being negative and peoples preferences and choices - so many purple people ignore them that I'm not surprised that people get angry and are perceived as negative.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"Hi folks just had ti voice my opinion on all of negativity that floats around this site. Starting to get fed up of reading progiles and starus updates telling what people DONT Want or DONT LIKE! Rather than telling us we you DO LIKE AND WANT!

Your thoughts and comments most welcome, or is just me!!!!!! Jayxxx"

So what you are saying is that absolutely everyone should be open to the chatting to anyone who shows interest in chatting?

Nobody is allowed to know what they aren't looking for?

Nobody should decline to meet you without having chatted to you because that's "judging or excluding before you've been introduced".

Basically you're tired of being told "no thanks" without having a chance to prove yourself.

Why should you get a chance to prove yourself? A lot of people know they aren't looking for certain things.

Profiles are for stating what you are and are not looking for. If I bother to write a profile, I have a right to expect people to read it before messaging me.

I know, for example, I have no interest in meeting men with facial hair. That's not negativity, it's an invitation for men with facial hair not to contact me, and to save us both from me saying "no thanks" or ignoring them. I don't need to have them introduce themselves or chat to them to know I am not interested.

People have preferences. A lot of people know what they don't want. Some of those preferences will exclude you. They do not have to chat to you to check whether you might be the sole exception. Get over it.

Stop getting angsty about the people who don't want to meet you and put your, alleged, overwhelming positivity into finding the people who are interested in meeting you.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I expect people to read my profile before messaging.

I do have a few "deal breakers" on my profile. They're set in stone and they are there to save people from wasting my time, their time and from being declined or ignored.

I wouldn't say my profile is full of negative energy. I've tried not to be an arsehole over my preferences.

There are some people I do not need an introduction from, or to exchange messages with, to know I don't want to meet them.

By your own logic, OP, you shouldn't "judge or exclude" people for saying they expect people to read their profile and you should chat to them first.

Why does your own rule not apply to you?

over a year ago

So what you are saying is that absolutely everyone should be open to the chatting to anyone who shows interest in chatting?

Nobody should decline to meet you without having chatted to you because that's "judging or excluding before you've been introduced".

Basically you're tired of being told "no thanks" without having a chance to prove yourself.

Why should you get a chance to prove yourself? A lot of people know they aren't looking for certain things.

Profiles are for stating what you are and are not looking for. If I bother to write a profile, I have a right to expect people to read it before messaging me.

I know, for example, I have no interest in meeting men with facial hair. That's not negativity, it's an invitation for men with facial hair not to contact me, and to save us both from me saying "no thanks" or ignoring them. I don't need to have them introduce themselves or chat to them to know I am not interested.

People have preferences. A lot of people know what they don't want. Some of those preferences will exclude you. They do not have to chat to you to check whether you might be the sole exception. Get over it.

Stop getting angsty about the people who don't want to meet you and put your, alleged, overwhelming positivity into finding the people who are interested in meeting you."

I didn't read it as a criticism of people having preferences, just the way they're sometimes expressed. I think there's a big difference between "I like tall men" and "no short men message me" or "I'm only looking for white guy's" instead of "no blacks and asians". "I like slim petite women" vs "no fatties". If I saw something rudely expressed on a profile even if I did fit that preference it would put me straight off.

over a year ago

That is exactly the feeling i get! Jayxxx

over a year ago

Sooo true! Jayxxx

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Stop getting angsty about the people who don't want to meet you and put your, alleged, overwhelming positivity into finding the people who are interested in meeting you.

I didn't read it as a criticism of people having preferences, just the way they're sometimes expressed. I think there's a big difference between "I like tall men" and "no short men message me" or "I'm only looking for white guy's" instead of "no blacks and asians". "I like slim petite women" vs "no fatties". If I saw something rudely expressed on a profile even if I did fit that preference it would put me straight off.

"

I read the assumption that anyone expecting people to read their profile will have a profile full of negativity and decided the OP is doing the exact same "judging" he's moaning about.

Like I said, I expect people to read my profile but I've been very careful with how I've expressed my preferences.

over a year ago

Like it ruby i could not have put it better! Jayxxx

over a year ago

Sod the glass neck the bottle

over a year ago

And i respect that too! Well said! Jayxxx

over a year ago

?????? each to their own! Not angst really more ofan observation! Jayxxx

over a year ago

"Sod the glass neck the bottle "

Amen to that

over a year ago

It does! I just feel people could express themselves and their preferences in more positive way, is it an outward expression of inner negativity?! Jayxxx

over a year ago

Awesome comments and feedback folks thanks jayxxx

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

over the years, the rants, the woe is me types and the rest make me laugh.....

I just think 'god bless them'

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"over the years, the rants, the woe is me types and the rest make me laugh.....

I just think 'god bless them'"

Or god help them.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Or god help them."

some are way past help.......

over a year ago

"Every cloud has a cloudy lining"

Lol, very droll

over a year ago

"Technically the glass is always full.

No matter how much liquid is in it, air fills the rest, therefore always full... "

Nicely phrased, Sir!

over a year ago

Or god help them.

some are way past help......."

Post new Message to Thread