Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Express yourself

Jump to newest

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

What do you do to express yourself? I mean in an artistic kind of way. For example, do you paint or write? Are you into photography or do you play a musical instrument? What do you do when you're feeling inspired that shows off your creative side, your inner artist?

I often pick up my guitar and twiddle about with that if I'm feeling particularly inspired. I'm also getting more into photography, which I feel is my true calling. Those are my outlets. I've often fancied doing a bit of creative writing but don't feel I have the necessary skills just at the minute to do it justice, but it's something I'd definitely like to learn more about in the future.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I send tribute pics to my favourite forumites

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I sing, write and draw

over a year ago

Photography and sewing xx

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I sing, write and draw "

Not all at the same time I hope

over a year ago

"I sing, write and draw

Not all at the same time I hope "

I sing and draw often.. If I'm singing a happy or sad song it can influence how I draw . I hum when I write .. But no I meant really sing

over a year ago

I express myself creatively through the application of pain and violence upon others (willing volunteers obviously)

Oh. And food. Lovely lovely food

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I express myself creatively through the application of pain and violence upon others (willing volunteers obviously)

Oh. And food. Lovely lovely food "

I'm glad you said willing volunteers...that's fine then

over a year ago

I am not a creative person at all. I'm much better with logic and words.

But I do love to knit. I like the challenge of working on harder and harder pieces and getting to wear them after.

-Courtney

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I am not a creative person at all. I'm much better with logic and words.

But I do love to knit. I like the challenge of working on harder and harder pieces and getting to wear them after.

-Courtney "

You every considered writing? I imagine you being good with that.

I was just talking to my mother yesterday about knitting. She always used to knit. She could knit anything, which I thought was just fantastic. I just marvel at it all. I wish I could do something like that. A bit of a dying art compared to what is was back in my mothers day.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I cook. I'm not the best cook in the world but I enjoy it and it keeps me occupied.

over a year ago

I write, I have a degree in Creative Writing so it's something I love to do. My main love is poetry.

I also sing very badly but quite loudly.

over a year ago

-Courtney

I was just talking to my mother yesterday about knitting. She always used to knit. She could knit anything, which I thought was just fantastic. I just marvel at it all. I wish I could do something like that. A bit of a dying art compared to what is was back in my mothers day."

I'm crap at creative writing, actually. I've got no imagination.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

-Courtney "

I'm going to disagree with you Courtney. Quite strongly;brace yourself.

I was going to post that I express through speech/talk/oration.

Most ( all ) posts allude to creativity existing only in :- writing , dance, playing a musical instrument and the brain and voice are overlooked.

Speech is a wonderfully powerful creative form. Think of great leaders, charismatic personalities, popular people. They are talkers, web weavers, story tellers.

Your logic is related to maths and nature. Much of what we create and call art is based on mathematical principle and hard unchangeable fact. Think Escher for one example from millions. Think the 'golden rule' where spirals in all life variations follow the same mathematical rule.

From your 'words' and 'logic' come reason and reason seizes opportunities and creates.

So..... I disagree.

I play the pan lids at home if that makes me more creative so be it.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

-Courtney

I was just talking to my mother yesterday about knitting. She always used to knit. She could knit anything, which I thought was just fantastic. I just marvel at it all. I wish I could do something like that. A bit of a dying art compared to what is was back in my mothers day.

I'm crap at creative writing, actually. I've got no imagination. "

I often have the ideas and the imagination but don't always have the tools or skills to express what I want to say fully. That can be frustrating.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Errr pull a wheelie

over a year ago

-Courtney

I often have the ideas and the imagination but don't always have the tools or skills to express what I want to say fully. That can be frustrating."

My advice, for what it's worth is to just write then. It's what I do when I am struggling to express exactly what I want.

It's automatic writing essentially, don't over-think, just let the pen do the talking. You might find the way to express yourself, or you might find something else you wanted to say.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

-Courtney

I often have the ideas and the imagination but don't always have the tools or skills to express what I want to say fully. That can be frustrating.

My advice, for what it's worth is to just write then. It's what I do when I am struggling to express exactly what I want.

It's automatic writing essentially, don't over-think, just let the pen do the talking. You might find the way to express yourself, or you might find something else you wanted to say. "

I think that's a good idea. My best stuff comes when I don't overthink it and just let it flow out

over a year ago

-Courtney

Most ( all ) posts allude to creativity existing only in :- writing , dance, playing a musical instrument and the brain and voice are overlooked.

Speech is a wonderfully powerful creative form. Think of great leaders, charismatic personalities, popular people. They are talkers, web weavers, story tellers.

Your logic is related to maths and nature. Much of what we create and call art is based on mathematical principle and hard unchangeable fact. Think Escher for one example from millions. Think the 'golden rule' where spirals in all life variations follow the same mathematical rule.

From your 'words' and 'logic' come reason and reason seizes opportunities and creates.

So..... I disagree.

I play the pan lids at home if that makes me more creative so be it. "

I don't think I braced myself enough.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Okay. Maybe I should have just said.

Don't do yourself down babe.

over a year ago

-Courtney

So..... I disagree.

I play the pan lids at home if that makes me more creative so be it. "

my experience of your words on fab have never struck me as creative genius maybe I missed something ,everyone has a creative side unfortunately not many get to utilise it

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

-Courtney

So..... I disagree.

I play the pan lids at home if that makes me more creative so be it. my experience of your words on fab have never struck me as creative genius maybe I missed something ,everyone has a creative side unfortunately not many get to utilise it "

My words on FAB don't strike me as creative genius either.

No one mentioned genius except you. Einstein.

over a year ago

I guess I move furniture and paint it too show my creative side, but I gues some might say painting and moving some furniture doesn't mean you are creative.

I love decoupage too and photography

over a year ago

Upcycling vintage furniture too

over a year ago

"I express myself creatively through the application of pain and violence upon others (willing volunteers obviously)

Oh. And food. Lovely lovely food

I'm glad you said willing volunteers...that's fine then "

When done with grace and fluidity traditional striking arts are akin to painting a picture with your body.

Muay thai is a dance (to music) that involves shins knees and elbows.

Grappling is a 3d expressive dance done with a partner simultaneously working on your own ideas and timing.

And its all powerfully meditative. ..pure focus on every part of your being.

over a year ago

The Carlton from Fresh Prince dance...

over a year ago

I sing badly, I talk to the car or..well..anything. I write. I conduct orchestra to classic FM whilst wielding a scalpel or harmful chemicals, and I dance with either my kids or the skeleton.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I love to write, garden creatively and sing. My pottery passion and painting are taking a bit of a rest just now, as is my guitar playing.

I also am generously creative with my imagined exploits with people I meet and fancy.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Bake and cook.

When called upon do face painting and stage make up.. Sometimes make costumes too

Post new Message to Thread