Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cameron: Battling for Britain

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

More like for his rich mates. E.g the T tip rip off..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Your suggestion?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"More like for his rich mates. E.g the T tip rip off.. "

But if he didn't, you would moan about something/body else....

over a year ago

"More like for his rich mates. E.g the T tip rip off..

But if he didn't, you would moan about something/body else...."

over a year ago

Close call for me but the deal breaker is t tip so i would say out. As said he's not gained anything.

over a year ago

Not even doing that....he went asking for nothing...looks like he's coming away with even less.The sooner we are out the better.

In the seventies my parents generation voted to stay in a "common market" of sovereign states, which was fine at the time .

Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats..... And Cameron being rejected by an out vote will give him the kick in the teeth he deserves....knock the smug grin off his face!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"The sooner we are out the better.

In the seventies my parents generation voted to stay in a "common market" of sovereign states, which was fine at the time .

Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats..... "

I agree

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

But if he didn't, you would moan about something/body else...."

Thats a fantastic reason not to engage in political discourse, ever.

"If you tolerate this, then your children will be next"

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

your saying out of the eu why ?

most of what was gifted to the eu was from britain in the first place just been added over the years

if out how much of your rights do you think you would lose?

how much of your dpa info would be sold to more companies than you think

jobs yeah right wouldnt be kept in the uk hell theyve been sourced out for years including your driving license which is now in india

some people should really look at what they have to what they might lose

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/02/16 21:32:23]

over a year ago

But if he didn't, you would moan about something/body else....

Thats a fantastic reason not to engage in political discourse, ever.

"If you tolerate this, then your children will be next""

I can't speak for View but I took his comment more to mean that it wouldn't really matter who was in charge or what was being debated, it would always be moaned at by a better informed arm chair politician.

By *im himCouple (MM)
over a year ago

bedworth

"Not even doing that....he went asking for nothing...looks like he's coming away with even less.The sooner we are out the better.

Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats..... And Cameron being rejected by an out vote will give him the kick in the teeth he deserves....knock the smug grin off his face!"

over a year ago

"Not even doing that....he went asking for nothing...looks like he's coming away with even less.The sooner we are out the better.

Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats..... And Cameron being rejected by an out vote will give him the kick in the teeth he deserves....knock the smug grin off his face!"

over a year ago

"Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats..... And Cameron being rejected by an out vote will give him the kick in the teeth he deserves....knock the smug grin off his face!"

That's a fantastic reason to vote for an exit - just to wipe the smug grin off of someone face.

over a year ago

The political discourse is so strong in this thread.

over a year ago

Any thoughts on ttip? The only way to a oid it as i understand, is to exit.

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

If we exit we won't be able to pay for NHS or education so wise up.

over a year ago

"If we exit we won't be able to pay for NHS or education so wise up."
sweeping statement,possibly mistaking opinion for fact?why shouldn't this country be brave enough to stand up for itself,knew eu paid farmers a subsidy,wasn't aware of a nhs subsidy from Merkel n co?

By *andS66Couple
over a year ago

Derby

"If we exit we won't be able to pay for NHS or education so wise up."

What on earth are you talking about?

Our taxes pay for our education and our healthcare... oh, and a whacking great chunk of them also pay towards other EU countries.....

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Cameron's EU deal is a sham. Dubbed the "Cam sham" buy Nigel Farage.

He asked for practically nothing to begin with and will come back with even less, as Conservative MP Jacob Reese Mogg said in the house of commons last week "the thin gruel of the deal has been watered down by the EU even further."

In any case this deal is not treaty change, the kind of significant change Cameron promised in the Conservative party manifesto before the general election, which he has now broken his promise on and failed to deliver. What ever deal he gets can be vetoed or over ruled by the European parliament anyway, basically this deal is not worth the paper it's written on.

over a year ago

Wow there is a lot of political stupidity in the forums.

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

"More like for his rich mates. E.g the T tip rip off.. "

Battling for the last Duck Confit Canape at one of his tax payer funded soirees is realistically probably the height of his ..skills.

He lacks all credibility and has shown himself to be incapable of making difficult choices.. Beyond attacking the poor. P'aleaee.

What will Cameron be remembered for when his term as pm ends?

Being slightly more electable than Gordon brow / Ed Miliband...?

What else? Lol.

I hate to seem so cynical.. As things stand , the two party system.. Will always be king, churning out the same lack lustre results.

Alternative vote would shake things up, nicely.

By *accaMan
over a year ago

leicester

At the end of the day political landscape will always be the same... Boom, bust, recovery.. Ever since I remember taking any notice at all about how the country was run there's been the same process.

Labour get into power, Cause chaos putting the country into massive debt and unemployment, torys sort it out, we all eventually start to feel more prosperous, in come labour with massive plans they can't afford but carry on regardless and the cycle goes on..

If we stay in Europe or not the sequence will just carry on, but one thing is for sure, we certainly can't be any worse off. We can't be any worse off than we are know, and we'll have far more power on our own finances which can't ever be a bad thing.

Being tied into Europe with so many dependant countries reliant on our handouts just can't be good.

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

Ttip. Remember rollerball, the original, where there are no more countries, just corporations. Secrets man

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats.....

I agree "

We agree also

over a year ago

He and his cronies are fucking up this country.

I cannot stand how he shows no regard for what people want.

Corbyn all the way

By *hechairman18Man
over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

Not a single person in this country ever voted to join a European Union governed by unelected Eurocrats.....

I agree "

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

He's a lightweight, which says it all really.

over a year ago

"

Labour get into power, Cause chaos putting the country into massive debt and unemployment, torys sort it out, we all eventually start to feel more prosperous, in come labour with massive plans they can't afford but carry on regardless and the cycle goes on.. "

Tories sort what out? Surely not the country even I know that's cock and bull. As a child of the 80's I saw the tories get rid of free milk to children, close schools, fuck up the nhs, close fire stations, start the millennium dome and then blame others, black Wednesday. Sure labour have done bad things too there's no denying it but I've prospered more from them then the tories, they started the nhs, introduced the minimum wage.

As for the EU camermoron will get some shitty deal which will screw us over in the long term then claim a massive victory

By *accaMan
over a year ago

leicester

"

Labour get into power, Cause chaos putting the country into massive debt and unemployment, torys sort it out, we all eventually start to feel more prosperous, in come labour with massive plans they can't afford but carry on regardless and the cycle goes on..

Tories sort what out? Surely not the country even I know that's cock and bull. As a child of the 80's I saw the tories get rid of free milk to children, close schools, fuck up the nhs, close fire stations, start the millennium dome and then blame others, black Wednesday. Sure labour have done bad things too there's no denying it but I've prospered more from them then the tories, they started the nhs, introduced the minimum wage.

As for the EU camermoron will get some shitty deal which will screw us over in the long term then claim a massive victory"

You right of course to a degree, but the problems seem mainly from labours doings when there in power. You've only got to go back to the Blair government, there's no doubt people had more money in there pockets then, but as a country we were spending more money than was coming in on a huge scale, if labour had stayed in power there's a good chance we'd be in as much trouble as Greece who effectively bankrupt. if it wasn't for all the cut backs the tories have forced upon us we'd still be struggling in recession as many European countries are, yet UK is as come out of recession in a far stronger state now, and in much stronger position to stand up to Europe... it's going to be a very pivotal year for the uk, no doubt they'll be a vote to get out the EU, and all the bartering now will mean very little.

Either way the tories were voted in power for another 4 years last year, the people had there say and obviously saw some progress.

over a year ago

Info not see any of it going very well as anything he negotiates will be subject to agreements of over 50% of the other EU states.

Never going to happen in this lifetime!

over a year ago

"

As for the EU camermoron will get some shitty deal which will screw us over in the long term then claim a massive victory

You right of course to a degree, but the problems seem mainly from labours doings when there in power. You've only got to go back to the Blair government, there's no doubt people had more money in there pockets then, but as a country we were spending more money than was coming in on a huge scale, if labour had stayed in power there's a good chance we'd be in as much trouble as Greece who effectively bankrupt. if it wasn't for all the cut backs the tories have forced upon us we'd still be struggling in recession as many European countries are, yet UK is as come out of recession in a far stronger state now, and in much stronger position to stand up to Europe... it's going to be a very pivotal year for the uk, no doubt they'll be a vote to get out the EU, and all the bartering now will mean very little.

Either way the tories were voted in power for another 4 years last year, the people had there say and obviously saw some progress. "

Unfortunately they were yes.

Have you considered that spending borrowing goes up as a way to recover the services that the tories streamline? I.e spending cuts to the nhs which then requires billions to recover it? Much of greeces issue were caused by their tax policies and the rich taking their money out of the country not necessarily due to spending.

My stance on the EU is they need to curb their influence, how? I'm not sure.

Post new Message to Thread