Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

License to print money..........

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There are two things i can think of that give you a license to print money.......

An estate agent.

An m.o.t station.

Both are lucrative money earners and both dont cost the earth to set up and coupled with a guaranteed income its a wonder why i never took up either in my younger years.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincesscaracoupleCouple
over a year ago

Saltburn

"There are two things i can think of that give you a license to print money.......

An estate agent.

An m.o.t station.

Both are lucrative money earners and both dont cost the earth to set up and coupled with a guaranteed income its a wonder why i never took up either in my younger years.

"

Mot station doesn't cost the earth to set up??? I suggest you do more research mate. Apart from all the council regulations there are DVSA regulations plus building works and then equipment costs of around £20,000.

By *oy man 2Man
over a year ago

g

"There are two things i can think of that give you a license to print money.......

An estate agent.

An m.o.t station.

Mot station doesn't cost the earth to set up??? I suggest you do more research mate. Apart from all the council regulations there are DVSA regulations plus building works and then equipment costs of around £20,000."

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Hmmm second thread about other careers that pay more - are you feeling a bit brassic OP?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

An estate agent.

An m.o.t station.

"

There's good money to be made down at the docks, for a pretty boy like you

over a year ago

Saltburn

"Hmmm second thread about other careers that pay more - are you feeling a bit brassic OP?"

Not licence to print money. My MOT station cost in total around £45,000 to set up. I charge £35.00 for an MOT, I have to buy each MOT from the DVSA at a cost of £2.00 then I have staff to pay at £10.00 per hour (a test takes about an hour, national average 47 min) then I have equipment costs, bills, running costs etc. How much do you think I make out of every £35.00? If I only have one tester I am limited to about 9 tests per day too.

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

Government minister - be sponsored by a company, when in power pass a bill that costs £3 billion of our money to implement that benefits the company that sponsored you, then when it all goes wrong retire to the House of Lords on a nice pension from the company you helped

That's the route Andrew 'Lord' Lansley took and it worked very well for him

over a year ago

"Hmmm second thread about other careers that pay more - are you feeling a bit brassic OP?

Not licence to print money. My MOT station cost in total around £45,000 to set up. I charge £35.00 for an MOT, I have to buy each MOT from the DVSA at a cost of £2.00 then I have staff to pay at £10.00 per hour (a test takes about an hour, national average 47 min) then I have equipment costs, bills, running costs etc. How much do you think I make out of every £35.00? If I only have one tester I am limited to about 9 tests per day too."

That's actually very interesting - thank you.

over a year ago

Being a successful estate can't be that easy, can it? Otherwise everyone would be doing it. Looks like it requires quite a lot of hustle.

I look after people's websites for a living (not a license to print money), and I've seen allsorts of businesses. The successful ones are either right place/right time sort of thing or the person is really shrewd or is a really hard worker.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/02/16 08:55:37]

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Mid life crisis OP ?

over a year ago

So it seems not so easy after all. Perhaps a colour copier would be easier/ less costs:

£200 initial investment for printer/ ink/ paper. 250 sheets per ream. 3 notes, per page , you do the math!

Oh of course, not legal so don't try this at home. Oops

over a year ago

Saltburn

"So it seems not so easy after all. Perhaps a colour copier would be easier/ less costs:

£200 initial investment for printer/ ink/ paper. 250 sheets per ream. 3 notes, per page , you do the math!

Oh of course, not legal so don't try this at home. Oops "

Problem. Most modern scanners have built in bank note recognition and will not allow scanning of a bank note.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So it seems not so easy after all. Perhaps a colour copier would be easier/ less costs:

Problem. Most modern scanners have built in bank note recognition and will not allow scanning of a bank note. "

Damn! It seems that there is only one profession that genuinely has a licence to print money then..

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Problem. Most modern scanners have built in bank note recognition and will not allow scanning of a bank note.

Damn! It seems that there is only one profession that genuinely has a licence to print money then.. "

I'll get the money, you know I'll get the money

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

Undertakers are never going to be out of business and funerals aren't cheap.

Bespoke coffin makers would be a good choice, especially if they had a website.

Oooo I'm imagining all sorts of custom made coffins........

Now for a name....coffins r us? Ideas on a postcard please xx

over a year ago

"Undertakers are never going to be out of business and funerals aren't cheap.

"

Casket case, underground coffins, boxum and plant, I would like to order a tardis one please

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

"Undertakers are never going to be out of business and funerals aren't cheap.

Casket case, underground coffins, boxum and plant, I would like to order a tardis one please "

Would that be for next day delivery or some time in the future sir? X

PS I'll need your measurements - ALL your measurements. I can come and take the measurements personally if you prefer xxx

Ooooo didn't think about advantages to this business venture lol xx

Post new Message to Thread