FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lone female traveller offering trip advice (3 years, 6 continents, 50 countries)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So it's just been suggested that I start a new thread about my recent round the world trip alone, across 6 continents.

I started in Rio, Brazil at the beginning of 2012 and finally finished by spending three months backpacking around the UK which finished at the back end of 2014.

From the bottom of South America, through Central America, Mexico, 37 US states, into Canada, up to Alaska, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Asia then Africa...with a few random stops on the way such as Easter Island.

Did it alone, picked up and dropped various fellow travellers on the way. Got arrested a couple of times, talked my way out of bribes, shared the homes of locals all over the world wherever possible, drank the local alcoholic beverage almost nightly!

Here to answer any questions or help if I can, if you're planning on doing the same....You should!

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What's colchester like is the food ok for consumption will I need jabs before I go?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Before anyone asks, I didn't do China or Japan. Never appealed to me, sorry! Only had so much money and time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What's colchester like is the food ok for consumption will I need jabs before I go?"

Just your bullet proof vest

Reply privately

over a year ago

If ypu went to NYC....what did you think of it and the people?

What was your favorite place in the US and why?

-Courtney

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Haha! Sounds epic! Obviously I wanna know why you got arrested but if it's not forum friendly best not share.

What made you travel to begin with and did you just save up a bucket of cash or did you work along the way?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If ypu went to NYC....what did you think of it and the people?

-Courtney "

I love New Yorkers but being honest, NYC is nowhere near the top of my list of favourite places. Too crowded and too much of a concrete jungle for me. Much prefer the laid-backness of the west coast. But many would disagree. I'm not a shopper or a clubber - and I love my greenery and beaches. LA for me.

My fave US states, in no particular order:

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Are you planning on a trip?

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

I love New Yorkers but being honest, NYC is nowhere near the top of my list of favourite places. Too crowded and too much of a concrete jungle for me. Much prefer the laid-backness of the west coast. But many would disagree. I'm not a shopper or a clubber - and I love my greenery and beaches. LA for me.

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Are you planning on a trip?"

No no. I'm from NYC and I wanted to get an honest opinion.

I plan on going to Alaska someday. My husband was there working in a salmon cannery for 3 months and he has nothing but amazing things to say.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haha! Sounds epic! Obviously I wanna know why you got arrested but if it's not forum friendly best not share.

What made you travel to begin with and did you just save up a bucket of cash or did you work along the way? "

Ahaha it was abroad and I've repented and paid the fines, so I don't mind saying I pinched a few beers from a delivery that had been left in the street all day! It was in the local Queenstown news though...talk about over the top!

In Africa I was nearly arrested for refusing to be ripped off on a local bus, who had taken me 200km in the wrong direction. The driver had lied, I refused to pay and then the police arrived, along with 100 or so villagers - with me in the middle! I'm not sure I'd like to be in that situation again as I genuinely thought I was about to disappear into the ether!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haha! Sounds epic! Obviously I wanna know why you got arrested but if it's not forum friendly best not share.

What made you travel to begin with and did you just save up a bucket of cash or did you work along the way? "

To answer your other question - it was just one of those lightbulb moments. I had been grafting in sales for almost 10 years and kept banking the cash. Hadn't been in a relationship for about 2 years at that point and one night, I met two 29 year old lads out in Manchester who said they were heading off on a round the work trip the next week. The route they were taking included all the places I had always dreamed of going, but never had the bollocks. My job was cushy, I had a nice flat in the centre of Manchester, paid hardly any rent, life was good. But this had been holding me back really, these ties. I thought 'I'm 32, what the fuck am I waiting for!'

The next day I quit my job, booked a ticket and met them in Rio a month later.

I spent £45k approx.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Properly jealous! I never 'did' the travelling thing when I was young but instead am doing it in later years bit by bit 2 weeks at a time!

Bet you had an amazing time - what was the one 'standout' thing that you would do / see again if you could only pick one?

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I plan on going to Alaska someday. My husband was there working in a salmon cannery for 3 months and he has nothing but amazing things to say."

Most people love New York...it's exciting but I look for different things now. I've been a few times and had completely different experiences when staying with mates. I do like Boston.

Ahhhh Alaskan salmon! Beautiful!

I went to Barrow - the most northern point and I can't recommend it highly enough. Stayed with an old polar bear scientist in what I later realised was a 'dry' city!

Reply privately

over a year ago

What made you travel to begin with and did you just save up a bucket of cash or did you work along the way?

To answer your other question - it was just one of those lightbulb moments. I had been grafting in sales for almost 10 years and kept banking the cash. Hadn't been in a relationship for about 2 years at that point and one night, I met two 29 year old lads out in Manchester who said they were heading off on a round the work trip the next week. The route they were taking included all the places I had always dreamed of going, but never had the bollocks. My job was cushy, I had a nice flat in the centre of Manchester, paid hardly any rent, life was good. But this had been holding me back really, these ties. I thought 'I'm 32, what the fuck am I waiting for!'

I spent £45k approx."

I hope u thanked the two 29 year old lads appropriately 4 the lightbulb moment

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Properly jealous! I never 'did' the travelling thing when I was young but instead am doing it in later years bit by bit 2 weeks at a time!

Bet you had an amazing time - what was the one 'standout' thing that you would do / see again if you could only pick one? "

Far too many to mention but I have a few off the top of my head:

Seeing 'bioluminescence' in a Mexico

Seeing the largest Moai site rise up on the beach, just before sunrise, after driving like a bastard across Easter Island through pitch blackness

Seeing Machu Picchu for the first time, through the mist at sunrise

African dessert sunsets (stunning)

Riding round Ayers Rock at sunset on a Harley!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I spent £45k approx.

I hope u thanked the two 29 year old lads appropriately 4 the lightbulb moment "

Haha I did 'thank' one of them! Since the trip I did help the other find a new job and he's now earning a fortune - so yeah I did my bit!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I spent £45k approx.

I hope u thanked the two 29 year old lads appropriately 4 the lightbulb moment

Haha I did 'thank' one of them! Since the trip I did help the other find a new job and he's now earning a fortune - so yeah I did my bit!"

Well one good turn deserved another...ha ha.....good on ya

Epic journey that sounds amazing

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow. We are both so jealous to be fair. Sounds like paradise. It is something we would love to do!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow. We are both so jealous to be fair. Sounds like paradise. It is something we would love to do! "

It wasn't all paradise, believe me. There were plenty of frustrations, hairy moments and things that made me want to book a flight home ASAP.

However, that was the testing part and the most challenging thing sometimes was just working out where to sleep that night, or how I could get from A to B (I didn't have a phone).

There were moments of pure paradise of course and I honestly believe I've seen some of the best beaches in. The world. I didn't always take photos as even cameras couldn't always do them justice.

I would always say if you have time and money - do it! I also met a few couples backpacking with kids in tow!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nice one OP..I'm not jealous but happy that there are still people with a free spirit...long may your spirit be free.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nice one OP..I'm not jealous but happy that there are still people with a free spirit...long may your spirit be free. "

I sometimes think it's too free!

Still, I'm happy

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'd just like to say well done to the op .

She worked bloody hard to save up for her dream , and got up and did it .

Brilliant

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd just like to say well done to the op .

She worked bloody hard to save up for her dream , and got up and did it .

Brilliant "

Ah thank you for your kind words. Means a lot! xx

It's probably worth me saying that I don't come from a rich family either - to the contrary. No one paid for it but me. My family weren't even aware i'd even gone, I don't think!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds like you would be one awesome dinner guest. My brothers just gone on honeymoon and his wife did a similar think when she was younger. One of the things she planned for them to do on honeymoon was visit the kaieteur falls in Guyana !!!!

Reply privately

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

OP. the spirit of life be with you..connie x

Reply privately

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

Did you need the money you'd saved or do you think it's possible to do what you did by working your way around?

Did you literally carry cash around or just keep your wallet somewhere safe?

Were you literally on your own or is it a case of making strategic alliances along the way?

Reply privately

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I wish I was brave enough to do this! I've just lost my job so now would be the perfect time but I just don't have the balls to leave everything

Sounds amazing anyway OP, do you think you can settle back down in the UK now or do you reckon you will end up going off travelling again?

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

What an amazingly brave thing to do OP. I can feel your excitement. I remember my first round the world voyage working on the QE2 I must have told everyone on the train to Leeds 'I have just been right around the world'

It's a glorious feeling isn't it?

You obviously saw more than I did as my visits were days rather than months. Must have been epic!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you need the money you'd saved or do you think it's possible to do what you did by working your way around?

Did you literally carry cash around or just keep your wallet somewhere safe?

Were you literally on your own or is it a case of making strategic alliances along the way?"

I always carried a mix of cash (on various parts of my body/hidden in backpack) and a couple of cards, one credit and one being a foreign cash travel card (FairFX did the best rate).

It's definitely possible to just work your way around but I wanted to literally take a break and enjoy life for a bit. I ended up randomly being offered a few jobs here and there, even ended up working as a tour guide on the island of Zanzibar for three months, which definitely wasn't planned! These types of jobs help make your money go further and means you get to do trips for free!

Personally I think I needed the money I'd saved as I literally did EVERYTHING, like the world's highest skydive ($750) gorilla trekking in Rwanda (€500) and sailing on a drug boat (didn't know at the time) from Colombia to Panama (€450). I knew I wasn't going back to these places again so I wanted to say no to nothing. The flights ended up costing about £3000 altogether (the original RTW ticket was £1100) as I stupidly booked a RTW ticket and kept having to change them (never pre book onward flights!). I flew to Barrow in Alaska, from Anchorage, Easter Island from Chile and Ayers Rock from Sydney. Wherever possible though I went to places by land only, using only local transport (no luxury tourist buses) or simply hitching.

You try and make alliances wherever possible as there are always a few shady characters waiting to take advantage of lone travellers! You just have to be streetwise. There were many times I felt completely lost and alone though...but then you'd walk into a hostel in the middle of nowhere and hear a familiar accent...these were the magic moments! Only a few times did I feel genuinely 'afraid' though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds like you would be one awesome dinner guest. My brothers just gone on honeymoon and his wife did a similar think when she was younger. One of the things she planned for them to do on honeymoon was visit the kaieteur falls in Guyana !!!!"

Is that an invite!! Haha

As long as he doesn't just want to relax, they'll have a great time

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP. the spirit of life be with you..connie x "

And you too x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wish I was brave enough to do this! I've just lost my job so now would be the perfect time but I just don't have the balls to leave everything

Sounds amazing anyway OP, do you think you can settle back down in the UK now or do you reckon you will end up going off travelling again?"

I've been settled here for over a year now and in all honesty, I would never have come home if id not had an injury while cliff jumping In Jamaica! Was planning on living in the Cayman Islands for a few years but the cost of medical treatment (ongoing physio) would have been extortionate.

I came back and bought a flat using what I had left for a deposit.

I feel I've seen and done everything - except the Mongo Rally! If anyone fancies that hit me up!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I wish I was brave enough to do this! I've just lost my job so now would be the perfect time but I just don't have the balls to leave everything

Sounds amazing anyway OP, do you think you can settle back down in the UK now or do you reckon you will end up going off travelling again?"

RE: the balls - get some!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What an amazingly brave thing to do OP. I can feel your excitement. I remember my first round the world voyage working on the QE2 I must have told everyone on the train to Leeds 'I have just been right around the world'

You obviously saw more than I did as my visits were days rather than months. Must have been epic! "

Still, the QE2!! Wouldn't mind a job like that!

It feels more amazing now I'm back, oddly. The greatest sense of achievement. No idea how I got myself back in one piece though. 'On a wing and a prayer', springs to mind!

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Sounds a great trip. Reminds me of mine. Well done for braving it! I went with my gf at the time and met some lone travellers and always wondered how on earth they packed up their lives. They were loving every second just like we were though. Best bit is the unpredicted, totally off plan, where you have a town or city and zig zig your way to it. So many places that just stay with you. Think you seen a few more sights than me though :D congrats on taking some time out

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds a great trip. Reminds me of mine. Well done for braving it! I went with my gf at the time and met some lone travellers and always wondered how on earth they packed up their lives. They were loving every second just like we were though. Best bit is the unpredicted, totally off plan, where you have a town or city and zig zig your way to it. So many places that just stay with you. Think you seen a few more sights than me though :D congrats on taking some time out "

Ah yes, the unpredictable!

I stopped planning and pre booking places to stay a bit into my trip, as you just never knew when some random local was going to invite you to stay!

How was it travelling with a partner? Not sure I could travel with someone else now, but I had some crazy nights with some great couples, who seemed to be having a ball travelling together.

Reply privately

over a year ago

This sounds amazing so jealous if only I had a spare 45k!

Well done for seizing the day though very few of us do

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

Did you do Machu pichu, and if so did you climb it or go on the train, x

Reply privately

By *aeBabeWoman
over a year ago

London

Wow. That's pretty incredible... don't think that's my sort of way to travel the world as I know I'm not streetwise enough. That's one epic story to tell the grand kids though x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you do Machu pichu, and if so did you climb it or go on the train, x"

Yeah I mentioned it earlier in the thread, as one of the highlights.

Train?!!! Pfft!

No I did the hike. Was four days I think? Tough and very hard to breathe at that altitude, even with acclimatisation.

I caught the train back into Cusco though, the onboard entertainment - a Peruvian fashion show to a panpipe soundtrack (yes really) - must be experienced!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you do Morocco? Going to marrakech in a few weeks but not sure where else...cassablanca, Agadir, Essaouira or up in the mountains? X

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 19:01:25]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This sounds amazing so jealous if only I had a spare 45k!

Well done for seizing the day though very few of us do"

Ah but that's me going 'all out though'. I did have a philosophy of 'drink in the best, stay in the worst'...so I'd always choose the disgusting one-dollar-bed, with 50 people in the room, just so I could afford to go out every night and be social. Not everyone likes to drink as much as me though, so you might be ok. I believe Ive tried every local beer/wine/spirit known to man!

I think you could do one year on £10k, easily.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow. That's pretty incredible... don't think that's my sort of way to travel the world as I know I'm not streetwise enough. That's one epic story to tell the grand kids though x"

If only I wanted kids! There will be no grandkids to tell.

Yeah this way of travelling is not for everyone. Two mates flew out to meet me and expected 5* luxury. They hated it. Wanted to get taxis everywhere and weren't comfortable with the spontaneity of how I was living. You do toughen up though, bear that in mind.

I met loads of backpackers who id say weren't too ustreetwise. You'd see them having been mugged or lost their passport somewhere! Perhaps start off with a mate! xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you do Morocco? Going to marrakech in a few weeks but not sure where else...cassablanca, Agadir, Essaouira or up in the mountains? X"

I didn't do that side - I did Cairo to Cape Town, going across to Namibia and Angola.

After Egypt, I'm not sure I fancy Morocco. As a guy, you will be fine but it's intimidating for single women!

Reply privately

By *ylonhunterMan
over a year ago

uk

Did you check out a place called suva and what was it like?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 19:17:34]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So it's just been suggested that I start a new thread about my recent round the world trip alone, across 6 continents.

I started in Rio, Brazil at the beginning of 2012 and finally finished by spending three months backpacking around the UK which finished at the back end of 2014.

From the bottom of South America, through Central America, Mexico, 37 US states, into Canada, up to Alaska, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia, Asia then Africa...with a few random stops on the way such as Easter Island.

Did it alone, picked up and dropped various fellow travellers on the way. Got arrested a couple of times, talked my way out of bribes, shared the homes of locals all over the world wherever possible, drank the local alcoholic beverage almost nightly!

Here to answer any questions or help if I can, if you're planning on doing the same....You should! "

Sounds amazing - very envious

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you check out a place called suva and what was it like? "

If you mean the place in Fiji, it was ok. Not the nicest place to go in Fiji though. You just head out to one/many of the hundreds of surrounding islands!

The food is epic on Fiji though. Lots of Indian food!

Reply privately

By *ylonhunterMan
over a year ago

uk

"Did you check out a place called suva and what was it like?

If you mean the place in Fiji, it was ok. Not the nicest place to go in Fiji though. You just head out to one/many of the hundreds of surrounding islands!

The food is epic on Fiji though. Lots of Indian food! "

Yes I did Fiji just looks amazing and a place I want to visit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Here to answer any questions"

Is that your natural hair colour?

Reply privately

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Wow. Amazing!

Reply privately

By *roovytwoCouple
over a year ago

burnley

"Wow. Amazing! "

Wish we had the guts to do what you have achieved.....never to late we suppose but have a few years on you and can't go till we retire

Keep expanding your horisons

xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Here to answer any questions

Is that your natural hair colour?"

It is!

Reply privately

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I plan on going to Alaska someday. My husband was there working in a salmon cannery for 3 months and he has nothing but amazing things to say."

God I love Oregon could move to Portland or Bend very easily!

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Wow. Amazing!

Wish we had the guts to do what you have achieved.....never to late we suppose but have a few years on you and can't go till we retire

xxx"

Start off by coming to Leeds.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah but that's me going 'all out though'. I did have a philosophy of 'drink in the best, stay in the worst'...so I'd always choose the disgusting one-dollar-bed, with 50 people in the room, just so I could afford to go out every night and be social. Not everyone likes to drink as much as me though, so you might be ok. I believe Ive tried every local beer/wine/spirit known to man!

I think you could do one year on £10k, easily. "

Ive a few friends who did it after uni on about 12-15k but I'm the same drinking wise and worse in terms of hotels can't do hostels with strangers i just wouldnt sleep. I'm due to be moving abroad for work in the next 4 weeks so may just do a year in different countries from the next 10 years until the big 40

Reply privately

By *eekndfunMan
over a year ago

manchester

Love reading the forum. One things read kind of what put me of traveling ive got good job got my flat etc I'm scared I guess give up you went at 31 you wish went younger or think went the right age ? X

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Did you do Morocco? Going to marrakech in a few weeks but not sure where else...cassablanca, Agadir, Essaouira or up in the mountains? X"

I drove from Edinburgh to Morocco last year... at first it scared the shit out of me after the border experience but once I'd got my head round that part of it, it really is a beautiful country and the people are brilliant.

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Did you do Morocco? Going to marrakech in a few weeks but not sure where else...cassablanca, Agadir, Essaouira or up in the mountains? X

I drove from Edinburgh to Morocco last year... at first it scared the shit out of me after the border experience but once I'd got my head round that part of it, it really is a beautiful country and the people are brilliant.

"

Was that the border experience on the A68 or A1 ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Love reading the forum. One things read kind of what put me of traveling ive got good job got my flat etc I'm scared I guess give up you went at 31 you wish went younger or think went the right age ? X"

No I definitely went at the right age. I ended up acting like a mother figure for some of the younger, less-savvier travellers I met.

I have since realised you can always get a job (if you're good) and pick up where you left off easily enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think you could do one year on £10k, easily.

Ive a few friends who did it after uni on about 12-15k but I'm the same drinking wise and worse in terms of hotels can't do hostels with strangers i just wouldnt sleep. I'm due to be moving abroad for work in the next 4 weeks so may just do a year in different countries from the next 10 years until the big 40"

Sleep is the last thing on your mind when you're meeting so many interesting people.

I went to London at the weekend and decided to stay in a hostel dorm, specifically because I wanted to meet new people

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you check out a place called suva and what was it like?

The food is epic on Fiji though. Lots of Indian food!

Yes I did Fiji just looks amazing and a place I want to visit. "

There's a party island called 'Beachcombers' which is mental!!

I liked the ones that were less touristy - where it was only me and the staff!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you do Morocco? Going to marrakech in a few weeks but not sure where else...cassablanca, Agadir, Essaouira or up in the mountains? X

"

Not that much of a homebird then!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow. Amazing!

xxx"

I would honestly recommend to just not think too much about it and don't leave it too long between booking and going. Life gets in the way, exes/obstacles come out of the woodwork giving you excuses not to go. I booked to go 4 weeks later. It was totally spontaneous so I had to organise a lot in a short space of time...jabs, clothing, selling off furniture etc. It can be done! Go for it x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow. Amazing! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I plan on going to Alaska someday. My husband was there working in a salmon cannery for 3 months and he has nothing but amazing things to say.

God I love Oregon could move to Portland or Bend very easily!"

Did you do any tubing down the Sandy or Clackamas rivers? Have great memories of sunny days doing that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Did you do any tubing down the Sandy or Clackamas rivers? Have great memories of sunny days doing that! "

I love tubing! We used to do it in the Hudson river when I was a kid. My uncle would fill one tube with beer and tether it to his own tube

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My uncle would fill one tube with beer and tether it to his own tube "

I approve of this man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Did you do any tubing down the Sandy or Clackamas rivers? Have great memories of sunny days doing that!

I love tubing! We used to do it in the Hudson river when I was a kid. My uncle would fill one tube with beer and tether it to his own tube "

Haha great uncle! It's a shame no one really does it over here due to drinking laws and shitty weather.

Some of the best times I had in the US was tubing with the locals. You heard of Four Loko? I must have sunk 10 cans of that stuff on July 4th on Moose Lake, Milwaukee! Rocket fuel!!

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Was that the border experience on the A68 or A1 ? "

Yeah I had a nose bleed at Gretna!

The one at Ceuta... when you're a western woman driving a Range Rover pulling a box trailer amongst pretty much no other women and a whole load of men knocking on the window asking for my passport... I was in full scale meltdown mode by the time I got out of there. I've never seen so much dodgy dealing!

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I love tubing! We used to do it in the Hudson river when I was a kid. My uncle would fill one tube with beer and tether it to his own tube

Haha great uncle! It's a shame no one really does it over here due to drinking laws and shitty weather.

Some of the best times I had in the US was tubing with the locals. You heard of Four Loko? I must have sunk 10 cans of that stuff on July 4th on Moose Lake, Milwaukee! Rocket fuel!!"

10 cans of Four Loko? Damn!

Reply privately

By *ummersun99Woman
over a year ago

North Yorkshire by the Sea

Sounds epic ! Kudos to doing it solo. Did you do many overland tours in places? Namibia is stunning, did you see the dead valley? Or go up Skeleton coast? x

Reply privately

By *ummersun99Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 21:38:40]

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Some of the best times I had in the US was tubing with the locals. You heard of Four Loko? I must have sunk 10 cans of that stuff on July 4th on Moose Lake, Milwaukee! Rocket fuel!!

10 cans of Four Loko? Damn!"

The Devil's Juice!! Even tramps don't touch it

Reply privately

By *ummersun99Woman
over a year ago

Is there anywhere you wish you had gone but didn't, did go but regretted or anything you'd do differently other than not booking rtw flights? x

Reply privately

By *urvelover39Man
over a year ago

Somewhere

Not a big traveller myself but sounds amazing, what was the best alcoholic drink you had ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you go to the Solomon Islands at all?

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

What a wonderful experience you've had op. I definitely agree about keeping your flight tickets open, so that you can just pick up and move on when you fancy. I've been on shorter round the world trips twice and got hassled with ticket change fees first off. If you're mainly travelling alone it does get you a bit more out there, exploring stuff you'd perhaps miss if you were within a group.

Lifes too short to miss out on so much that we can really touch and experience. My aunt's just had breast cancer return after 14 years, and other cancers she's beaten in between. It can be too easy to have life slip away too quickly.

Sounds like you've had a dream experience.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there anywhere you wish you had gone but didn't, did go but regretted or anything you'd do differently other than not booking rtw flights? x "

Wish I had gone to Mongolia, Ukraine & Kazakstan...there's nowhere I wish I hadn't gone. I feel every place and its people taught me something about myself, good and bad!

Do differently - wish I hadn't booked on a couple of overland tours. Got off the second one after 7 days, with a month left, losing all my money. It wasn't how I wanted to experience Africa, it turned out. I was just being a pussy! They're only good if you are cash rich and time poor. Travelling 'ad-hoc' is the best and cheapest way to travel! x

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Most people love New York...it's exciting but I look for different things now. I've been a few times and had completely different experiences when staying with mates. I do like Boston.

I went to Barrow - the most northern point and I can't recommend it highly enough. Stayed with an old polar bear scientist in what I later realised was a 'dry' city! "

I come from London and love parts of London but I'm not a city person ,I love the entertainment they provide and the history but rushing around no had enough of that I've been to ,Indianapolis ,Atlanta ,all over Florida and New York ,Philadelphia ,Harrisburg ,I've been to Canada ,Toronto ,Banff,Montreal and niagra ,I've travelled all over Europe ,Switzerland,Germany,Holland,Malta,Greece,Spain many of the Spanish islands ,the canaries lanzarote,Tenerife and fuertaventura ,the channel islands jersey and Guernsey but Britain offers the best of everything I've travelled just about every place in great Britain just Ireland to do which I'm doing next year I love travelling especially by train did you go to the parenthian islands off coast of Malaysia ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you go to the Solomon Islands at all?"

Sadly not! Didn't have time as had to meet travel buddies in Bangkok abd spent too long in Oz!

I did the San Blas Islands off Panama which were just stunning

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What a wonderful experience you've had op. I definitely agree about keeping your flight tickets open, so that you can just pick up and move on when you fancy. I've been on shorter round the world trips twice and got hassled with ticket change fees first off. If you're mainly travelling alone it does get you a bit more out there, exploring stuff you'd perhaps miss if you were within a group.

Lifes too short to miss out on so much that we can really touch and experience. My aunt's just had breast cancer return after 14 years, and other cancers she's beaten in between. It can be too easy to have life slip away too quickly.

Sounds like you've had a dream experience."

I concur with that. I'd had a minor health scare about a year earlier too, so 'carp diem' was definitely at the forefront of my mind.

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'm sure she will beat it again if she's the fighter she obviously is. Hugs xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds epic ! Kudos to doing it solo. Did you do many overland tours in places? Namibia is stunning, did you see the dead valley? Or go up Skeleton coast? x "

Hey yes I did a couple - purely when I got too knackered and needed someone to just plan my day. But I won't do one ever again. I thought it would be safer to do one Kenya-Tanzania but I got off the bus 7 days in. Hated travelling like that and I felt I wasn't seeing the 'real' Africa.

Spent a month driving round Namibia. I hired a car as there were no buses to the desert! Slept in the car or under the stars in my tent. Beautiful.

Skeleton Coast was one of my favourite places on the trip. Love a good shipwreck! Dead Valley, stunning. Namibia was one of my favourite places. Never eaten so much game!! xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there anywhere you wish you had gone but didn't, did go but regretted or anything you'd do differently other than not booking rtw flights? x

Wish I had gone to Mongolia, Ukraine & Kazakstan...there's nowhere I wish I hadn't gone. I feel every place and its people taught me something about myself, good and bad!

Do differently - wish I hadn't booked on a couple of overland tours. Got off the second one after 7 days, with a month left, losing all my money. It wasn't how I wanted to experience Africa, it turned out. I was just being a pussy! They're only good if you are cash rich and time poor. Travelling 'ad-hoc' is the best and cheapest way to travel! x"

Oh! You should go and do Mongolia! I absolutely loved it when I was there. Sleeping in yurts and riding Mongolian horses across the stepp. Going to a huge barbecue bonfire event with music and dancing. You should try to do it if you can.

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I went to Barrow - the most northern point and I can't recommend it highly enough. Stayed with an old polar bear scientist in what I later realised was a 'dry' city! I come from London and love parts of London but I'm not a city person ,I love the entertainment they provide and the history but rushing around no had enough of that I've been to ,Indianapolis ,Atlanta ,all over Florida and New York ,Philadelphia ,Harrisburg ,I've been to Canada ,Toronto ,Banff,Montreal and niagra ,I've travelled all over Europe ,Switzerland,Germany,Holland,Malta,Greece,Spain many of the Spanish islands ,the canaries lanzarote,Tenerife and fuertaventura ,the channel islands jersey and Guernsey but Britain offers the best of everything I've travelled just about every place in great Britain just Ireland to do which I'm doing next year I love travelling especially by train did you go to the parenthian islands off coast of Malaysia ? "

Alas, no.

Did you like Banff? I spent quite a while there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there anywhere you wish you had gone but didn't, did go but regretted or anything you'd do differently other than not booking rtw flights? x

Do differently - wish I hadn't booked on a couple of overland tours. Got off the second one after 7 days, with a month left, losing all my money. It wasn't how I wanted to experience Africa, it turned out. I was just being a pussy! They're only good if you are cash rich and time poor. Travelling 'ad-hoc' is the best and cheapest way to travel! x

Oh! You should go and do Mongolia! I absolutely loved it when I was there. Sleeping in yurts and riding Mongolian horses across the stepp. Going to a huge barbecue bonfire event with music and dancing. You should try to do it if you can. "

Sounds bloody fantastic! Just bought a flat so need to save some pennies in the next few months...then I think I'd like to do the rally, with a mechanic friend! (Whoever he may be!)

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I went to Barrow - the most northern point and I can't recommend it highly enough. Stayed with an old polar bear scientist in what I later realised was a 'dry' city! I come from London and love parts of London but I'm not a city person ,I love the entertainment they provide and the history but rushing around no had enough of that I've been to ,Indianapolis ,Atlanta ,all over Florida and New York ,Philadelphia ,Harrisburg ,I've been to Canada ,Toronto ,Banff,Montreal and niagra ,I've travelled all over Europe ,Switzerland,Germany,Holland,Malta,Greece,Spain many of the Spanish islands ,the canaries lanzarote,Tenerife and fuertaventura ,the channel islands jersey and Guernsey but Britain offers the best of everything I've travelled just about every place in great Britain just Ireland to do which I'm doing next year I love travelling especially by train did you go to the parenthian islands off coast of Malaysia ?

Alas, no.

Did you like Banff? I spent quite a while there. "

I thought Banff was odd its kind of run by the Chinese other parts of Canada are more appealing I liked Ontario and places around Toronto xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

I went to Barrow - the most northern point and I can't recommend it highly enough. Stayed with an old polar bear scientist in what I later realised was a 'dry' city! I come from London and love parts of London but I'm not a city person ,I love the entertainment they provide and the history but rushing around no had enough of that I've been to ,Indianapolis ,Atlanta ,all over Florida and New York ,Philadelphia ,Harrisburg ,I've been to Canada ,Toronto ,Banff,Montreal and niagra ,I've travelled all over Europe ,Switzerland,Germany,Holland,Malta,Greece,Spain many of the Spanish islands ,the canaries lanzarote,Tenerife and fuertaventura ,the channel islands jersey and Guernsey but Britain offers the best of everything I've travelled just about every place in great Britain just Ireland to do which I'm doing next year I love travelling especially by train did you go to the parenthian islands off coast of Malaysia ?

Alas, no.

Did you like Banff? I spent quite a while there. I thought Banff was odd its kind of run by the Chinese other parts of Canada are more appealing I liked Ontario and places around Toronto xx "

I actually didn't really like Canada on the whole. I hitched from Whitehorse into Alaska and that highway is just breathtaking scenery-wise. Love Canadians though!!

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

ah I dont have much time, Im going later on this year but I only have a few days in Peru after arriving from Argentina so I have booked the train to take me up and back down again. I was trying to extend so I could walk it but unfortunately I cant due to work the timing just wont work for me.

You'll have to show me some of your pics, I bet theyre amazing , x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not a big traveller myself but sounds amazing, what was the best alcoholic drink you had ?? "

I wanna say 'unicum'?!

Any South African wine, some libido-inducing local witch doctor concoction I had somewhere (can't remember where) - I'll have to check my notes. Supposed to give you the raging horn!

Gonna have to say Four Loko in the USA. Been banned in many states and for 99 cents a can, I have never been so off my tits for such little outlay!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"ah I dont have much time, Im going later on this year but I only have a few days in Peru after arriving from Argentina so I have booked the train to take me up and back down again. I was trying to extend so I could walk it but unfortunately I cant due to work the timing just wont work for me.

You'll have to show me some of your pics, I bet theyre amazing , x"

Yeah it's not the shortest trek!

You flying straight to Cusco from Buenos Aires?

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Alas, no.

Did you like Banff? I spent quite a while there. I thought Banff was odd its kind of run by the Chinese other parts of Canada are more appealing I liked Ontario and places around Toronto xx

I actually didn't really like Canada on the whole. I hitched from Whitehorse into Alaska and that highway is just breathtaking scenery-wise. Love Canadians though!!"

the great thing about anywhere you travel is the people but scenery to I've been up mount eiger in Switzerland that area Lausanne ,montreau spitz swiessimmen is stunning and the Monte baldos in Italy stunning to but I loved Niagra falls went up over it in a helicopter did you go to Venezuela and Victoria falls ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you go to the Solomon Islands at all?

Sadly not! Didn't have time as had to meet travel buddies in Bangkok abd spent too long in Oz!

I did the San Blas Islands off Panama which were just stunning "

Ah, Bangkok was another place I lived in as a child as well as Guadalcanal xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 22:43:11]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you go to the Solomon Islands at all?

I did the San Blas Islands off Panama which were just stunning

Ah, Bangkok was another place I lived in as a child as well as Guadalcanal xx"

Wow. How come? Parents' work? xX

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 22:43:11]"
yes I meant angel falls bet that's pretty amazing ,what about amazon did you travel on that ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

-Courtney

Cali

Oregon

Alaska

Florida

Colorado

Alas, no.

Did you like Banff? I spent quite a while there. I thought Banff was odd its kind of run by the Chinese other parts of Canada are more appealing I liked Ontario and places around Toronto xx

I actually didn't really like Canada on the whole. I hitched from Whitehorse into Alaska and that highway is just breathtaking scenery-wise. Love Canadians though!! the great thing about anywhere you travel is the people but scenery to I've been up mount eiger in Switzerland that area Lausanne ,montreau spitz swiessimmen is stunning and the Monte baldos in Italy stunning to but I loved Niagra falls went up over it in a helicopter did you go to Venezuela and Victoria falls ? "

Did you mean Victoria Falls in Africa, if so yes?

Angel Falls in Venezuela, no. There were several shootings there while i was in Colombia and even Venezuelans were begging me not to go, so I just sailed from Cartagena into Panama, then went through Central America instead.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 22:43:11] yes I meant angel falls bet that's pretty amazing ,what about amazon did you travel on that ? "

Yes I did! Some weird shit live in that river!!

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

"ah I dont have much time, Im going later on this year but I only have a few days in Peru after arriving from Argentina so I have booked the train to take me up and back down again. I was trying to extend so I could walk it but unfortunately I cant due to work the timing just wont work for me.

You flying straight to Cusco from Buenos Aires? "

No I fly into Lima, couple of days there, then Fly to Cusco, then after Machu go to Puno then back home via Lima again unfortunatly, x

Reply privately

over a year ago

No I fly into Lima, couple of days there, then Fly to Cusco, then after Machu go to Puno then back home via Lima again unfortunatly, x

"

You flying over the Nazca lines? Actually - that's one thing I missed out and kinda wish I'd done.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You flying over the Nazca lines? Actually - that's one thing I missed out and kinda wish I'd done."

It was great when I did it. I have it all on video, too. What a crazy plane ride that was! They really hit you on the price, though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 22:43:11] yes I meant angel falls bet that's pretty amazing ,what about amazon did you travel on that ?

Yes I did! Some weird shit live in that river!!"

hehe yes not a place to swim xx but then Florida is the same anywhere theirs water theirs crocs xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

You flying over the Nazca lines? Actually - that's one thing I missed out and kinda wish I'd done.

It was great when I did it. I have it all on video, too. What a crazy plane ride that was! They really hit you on the price, though. "

I had a philosophy whenever I was quoted a price - divide by anything between 5 and 8 and offer that. Saved some cash that way!

Jealous. No idea why I didn't do it - must have been rushing trying to get to my Inca trail trip!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 16/02/16 22:43:11] yes I meant angel falls bet that's pretty amazing ,what about amazon did you travel on that ?

Yes I did! Some weird shit live in that river!!hehe yes not a place to swim xx but then Florida is the same anywhere theirs water theirs crocs xx "

Not even necessarily water - nearly hit one which ran across the road in the Everglades! Was a fucking beast as well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was great when I did it. I have it all on video, too. What a crazy plane ride that was! They really hit you on the price, though.

I had a philosophy whenever I was quoted a price - divide by anything between 5 and 8 and offer that. Saved some cash that way!

Jealous. No idea why I didn't do it - must have been rushing trying to get to my Inca trail trip!"

We tried to bargain it down but all the pilots were in cahoots and they know you don't have any other option. It was totally worth it, though.

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

It was great when I did it. I have it all on video, too. What a crazy plane ride that was! They really hit you on the price, though. "

You know what, I actually hate flying, even though I fly all the time and all over the place, if I can avoid little tourist planes I will so sadly, lol, Ill give the Nazca a miss, although stupidly I have booked a helicopter ride over Iguazu while im over that side so hopefully I will survive that to make it to Buenos airies, lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jealous. No idea why I didn't do it - must have been rushing trying to get to my Inca trail trip!

We tried to bargain it down but all the pilots were in cahoots and they know you don't have any other option. It was totally worth it, though. "

Sounds like you guys have done a fair bit of travelling of your own! Mongolia I may have to pick your brains on sometime.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You know what, I actually hate flying, even though I fly all the time and all over the place, if I can avoid little tourist planes I will so sadly, lol, Ill give the Nazca a miss, although stupidly I have booked a helicopter ride over Iguazu while im over that side so hopefully I will survive that to make it to Buenos airies, lol x "

Ah that will be the best way to see the scale of those falls! I did both sides by foot. Not the same but stunning all the same.

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

You know what, I actually hate flying, even though I fly all the time and all over the place, if I can avoid little tourist planes I will so sadly, lol, Ill give the Nazca a miss, although stupidly I have booked a helicopter ride over Iguazu while im over that side so hopefully I will survive that to make it to Buenos airies, lol x

Ah that will be the best way to see the scale of those falls! I did both sides by foot. Not the same but stunning all the same."

Walking them is still good too, I did that last year with Victoria, did the Zambia and Zimbabwe sides, so after the helicopter will do the alk too, both sides like yourself. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds like you guys have done a fair bit of travelling of your own! Mongolia I may have to pick your brains on sometime. "

Yeah, we travel quite a bit. It's kind of our hobby. Any excuse to see a new place is a good one. Marc has traveled more than me. Nothing compared to you, though! I'm not gunna lie, I'm super envious. Maybe one day I'll get to do an around the world trip. We were actually talking of doing something like it right before we move back to the US...while we are homeless Not sure it will actually happen but I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ah that will be the best way to see the scale of those falls! I did both sides by foot. Not the same but stunning all the same.

Walking them is still good too, I did that last year with Victoria, did the Zambia and Zimbabwe sides, so after the helicopter will do the alk too, both sides like yourself. x"

Did you do the bungy?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds like you guys have done a fair bit of travelling of your own! Mongolia I may have to pick your brains on sometime.

Yeah, we travel quite a bit. It's kind of our hobby. Any excuse to see a new place is a good one. Marc has traveled more than me. Nothing compared to you, though! I'm not gunna lie, I'm super envious. Maybe one day I'll get to do an around the world trip. We were actually talking of doing something like it right before we move back to the US...while we are homeless Not sure it will actually happen but I'm keeping an eye on this thread. "

Sounds proper cheesy but 'make it happen'

When do you guys go back? Has the UK been everything you expected?

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

Walking them is still good too, I did that last year with Victoria, did the Zambia and Zimbabwe sides, so after the helicopter will do the alk too, both sides like yourself. x

Did you do the bungy?!"

Are you mad, no way, I get scared standing on a chair to change a lightbulb, lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds like you guys have done a fair bit of travelling of your own! Mongolia I may have to pick your brains on sometime.

Yeah, we travel quite a bit. It's kind of our hobby. Any excuse to see a new place is a good one. Marc has traveled more than me. Nothing compared to you, though! I'm not gunna lie, I'm super envious. Maybe one day I'll get to do an around the world trip. We were actually talking of doing something like it right before we move back to the US...while we are homeless Not sure it will actually happen but I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

When do you guys go back? Has the UK been everything you expected?"

We don't have a set date. It all depends on his job - probably within the next two years. And his job is why we probably won't be able to go on a trip for any extended period of time.

As for the UK, yeah it's been wonderful. In some ways more and in some ways less than I expected. But very enjoyable overall. The people are fantastic. And the history

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you do the bungy?!

Are you mad, no way, I get scared standing on a chair to change a lightbulb, lol"

LOL.

A wise man once told me to 'feel the fear and do it anyway' and another said 'do something that scares you everyday'.

I have since lived by these consistently!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I did! Some weird shit live in that river!!hehe yes not a place to swim xx but then Florida is the same anywhere theirs water theirs crocs xx

Not even necessarily water - nearly hit one which ran across the road in the Everglades! Was a fucking beast as well. "

I've seen some big crocs not my fave animal but Africa lions and rhinos elephants hippos snakes hehe god must be scary being in some parts xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

We don't have a set date. It all depends on his job - probably within the next two years. And his job is why we probably won't be able to go on a trip for any extended period of time.

As for the UK, yeah it's been wonderful. In some ways more and in some ways less than I expected. But very enjoyable overall. The people are fantastic. And the history "

Have you been to some Welsh castles yet? Or those in Northumberland?

Holler if you ever head to Manchester. Would love to swap travel tales!

Reply privately

By *fricanMann2077Man
over a year ago

Stoke On Trent

Which is the best country to live in? Which is the cheapest country to travel to? Which country has the naughtiest and fittest ladies?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes I did! Some weird shit live in that river!!hehe yes not a place to swim xx but then Florida is the same anywhere theirs water theirs crocs xx

Not even necessarily water - nearly hit one which ran across the road in the Everglades! Was a fucking beast as well. I've seen some big crocs not my fave animal but Africa lions and rhinos elephants hippos snakes hehe god must be scary being in some parts xx"

THE single worst 'creature' I have ever seen - and there was one on my bed every night before I had to get into it...was a WHIP SPIDER.

Fucking horrific!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've had some great times travelling through Europe, the Middle East and landing in the Far East to help give humanitarian aid in the Philippines. Only a short stint of 6 months though. Hoping to do more but work is always the obstacle for me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

As for the UK, yeah it's been wonderful. In some ways more and in some ways less than I expected. But very enjoyable overall. The people are fantastic. And the history

Holler if you ever head to Manchester. Would love to swap travel tales!"

Yeah, saw all the Northumberland castles. I haven't really been to Wales yet, but Marc has and he has planned out our trips there.

When I'm next in Manchester I'll give you a shout and we can meet up for a drink and swap war stories. Thanks for sharing with us all! This has been a great read.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not even necessarily water - nearly hit one which ran across the road in the Everglades! Was a fucking beast as well. I've seen some big crocs not my fave animal but Africa lions and rhinos elephants hippos snakes hehe god must be scary being in some parts xx

THE single worst 'creature' I have ever seen - and there was one on my bed every night before I had to get into it...was a WHIP SPIDER.

Fucking horrific!!!"

I don't like spiders I found a bloody scorpion in my hotel room in Italy couldn't believe it xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Which is the best country to live in? Which is the cheapest country to travel to? Which country has the naughtiest and fittest ladies? "

Best, is all relative? Depends what you like!

Personally, I'd like to live in the US as I like my open spaces and stretching coastal roads (think Gran Turismo!)

Cheapest to travel is probably anywhere in Asia...Thailand, Laos, Cambodia was cheap. Cambodia has more of an interesting history (IMO) than Thailand and a dollar a night to stay in a hostel. Drinks are all a dollar. Go there! Angkor Wat at sunrise too...wow.

Naughty ladies? No idea, didn't try any.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So it's just been suggested that I start a new thread about my recent round the world trip alone, across 6 continents.

Here to answer any questions or help if I can, if you're planning on doing the same....You should! "

why don't you write about it? i love travel books

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not even necessarily water - nearly hit one which ran across the road in the Everglades! Was a fucking beast as well. I've seen some big crocs not my fave animal but Africa lions and rhinos elephants hippos snakes hehe god must be scary being in some parts xx

Fucking horrific!!! I don't like spiders I found a bloody scorpion in my hotel room in Italy couldn't believe it xx "

Please google it on a laptop and make sure your face is as close to the screen as possible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How much sex did you have in each country?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here to answer any questions or help if I can, if you're planning on doing the same....You should! why don't you write about it? i love travel books"

I don't have a publisher? Never thought about it! Where to start!

Reply privately

By *lueboyreturnsMan
over a year ago

North West

Did you do the bungy?!

Are you mad, no way, I get scared standing on a chair to change a lightbulb, lol

LOL.

A wise man once told me to 'feel the fear and do it anyway' and another said 'do something that scares you everyday'.

I have since lived by these consistently! "

Ive done one or two things that have , to put it politely, put the shits up me, lol, You havnt been to Japan I see, well when you do, Go on the ferris wheel in Odaiba in Tokyo, now that will scare ya, I think I cried all the way round, lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fucking horrific!!! I don't like spiders I found a bloody scorpion in my hotel room in Italy couldn't believe it xx

Please google it on a laptop and make sure your face is as close to the screen as possible. "

hehe ok x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How much sex did you have in each country?"

Hardly any...wasn't really on my agenda. Occasionally I met a dude (always from the UK weirdly) and we had a moment! Maybe 5 guys in 3 years...not many.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you do the bungy?!

LOL.

I have since lived by these consistently!

Ive done one or two things that have , to put it politely, put the shits up me, lol, You havnt been to Japan I see, well when you do, Go on the ferris wheel in Odaiba in Tokyo, now that will scare ya, I think I cried all the way round, lol"

I've no desire to, fortunately! Doesn't interest me at all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How much sex did you have in each country?

Hardly any...wasn't really on my agenda. Occasionally I met a dude (always from the UK weirdly) and we had a moment! Maybe 5 guys in 3 years...not many."

Gagging?

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Not a big traveller myself but sounds amazing, what was the best alcoholic drink you had ??

I wanna say 'unicum'?!

Any South African wine, some libido-inducing local witch doctor concoction I had somewhere (can't remember where) - I'll have to check my notes. Supposed to give you the raging horn!

Gonna have to say Four Loko in the USA. Been banned in many states and for 99 cents a can, I have never been so off my tits for such little outlay!"

Have you ever had potchin or "proper" cider (the kind that comes in a plastic "petrol" can)...how do they compare?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah, saw all the Northumberland castles. I haven't really been to Wales yet, but Marc has and he has planned out our trips there.

When I'm next in Manchester I'll give you a shout and we can meet up for a drink and swap war stories. Thanks for sharing with us all! This has been a great read."

Ooh you'll love Wales! I went with an Australian visitor backpacking throughout Wales...did all the castles. Think you'll be amazed. He was!! The mountains are high for the UK!!

Yes please do. Be great to meet you both. I love Yanks xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow skinny legs with hand like stingers played a vid of it x

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"Sounds a great trip. Reminds me of mine. Well done for braving it! I went with my gf at the time and met some lone travellers and always wondered how on earth they packed up their lives. They were loving every second just like we were though. Best bit is the unpredicted, totally off plan, where you have a town or city and zig zig your way to it. So many places that just stay with you. Think you seen a few more sights than me though :D congrats on taking some time out

I stopped planning and pre booking places to stay a bit into my trip, as you just never knew when some random local was going to invite you to stay!

How was it travelling with a partner? Not sure I could travel with someone else now, but I had some crazy nights with some great couples, who seemed to be having a ball travelling together. "

Not one argument in 18 months of living in each other pockets surprisingly. Bar a little home sickness after a month in which was soon over. We had a budget of £3k (with tickets) so did have to plan to make the best of it, but managed 24 states of the US, the centre and circumference or Oz, North and South Thailand. I have to read back your posts here lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not a big traveller myself but sounds amazing, what was the best alcoholic drink you had ??

I wanna say 'unicum'?!

Gonna have to say Four Loko in the USA. Been banned in many states and for 99 cents a can, I have never been so off my tits for such little outlay!

Have you ever had potchin or "proper" cider (the kind that comes in a plastic "petrol" can)...how do they compare?"

Oh God, potchin!!! That's one way to burn out the contents of your mouth!! A friend's uncle in Galway pulled out a dirty 'placky' bag from under his kitchen sink and made me try some....don't remember much of that night.

Completely different to Four Loko - it's full of sugar and carbonated shit. Malt and caffeine - with horrendous flavours like water melon. Both ultimately get you to where you need to be though!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hardly any...wasn't really on my agenda. Occasionally I met a dude (always from the UK weirdly) and we had a moment! Maybe 5 guys in 3 years...not many.

Gagging? "

Well clearly I wasn't or I would have made an effort to get laid more?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

Well clearly I wasn't or I would have made an effort to get laid more?"

Regardless of the intentions of any thread, it inevitably finds a way back to the discussion of sex...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

Well clearly I wasn't or I would have made an effort to get laid more?"

Meant now, not then and as a light hearted joke given that we're on a sex site.

Apologies for interrupting the Lonely Fucking Planet

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow skinny legs with hand like stingers played a vid of it x "

I can only describe it as a cockroach, which has had sex with a crab and a tarantula! The resulting offending specimen is that hideous monstrosity!

They were so flat they could get where water couldn't!

I have recurring nightmares where everytime I lifted up my toiletry bag, one would be lying there in wait.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I didn't do that side - I did Cairo to Cape Town, going across to Namibia and Angola.

Sounds an amazing trip. Love hearing about it. Any tips for that part of the world?

After Egypt, I'm not sure I fancy Morocco. As a guy, you will be fine but it's intimidating for single women! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

Apologies for interrupting the Lonely Fucking Planet "

I'm not gagging no, as I've been home for over a year.

It's a swingers site as opposed to a sex site. People talk about other things in the forums. I don't mind discussing anything if I see there's a point to it.

We were just discussing that this is not such a 'Lonely Fucking Planet' after all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds an amazing trip. Love hearing about it. Any tips for that part of the world?

After Egypt, I'm not sure I fancy Morocco. As a guy, you will be fine but it's intimidating for single women! "

Be vigilant and take no shit! The price quoted is never the real price. Divide by 1/5-1/8 and offer that! x

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Gagging?

It's a swingers site as opposed to a sex site. People talk about other things in the forums. I don't mind discussing anything if I see there's a point to it.

We were just discussing that this is not such a 'Lonely Fucking Planet' after all "

Any fule kno that all swingers are capable of talking about is shagging.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

We were just discussing that this is not such a 'Lonely Fucking Planet' after all

Any fule kno that all swingers are capable of talking about is shagging. "

Pity da fule!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

Regardless of the intentions of any thread, it inevitably finds a way back to the discussion of sex... "

Rolling my eyes here! Ha.

I didn't go to fuck my way around the world. It's not really my style.

As sense of humour is important to me, most foreigners don't stand a chance anyway! If they don't laugh at my jokes it a no-go!

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Gagging?

Any fule kno that all swingers are capable of talking about is shagging.

Pity da fule! "

Respect yo mama!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sounds a great trip. Reminds me of mine. Well done for braving it! I went with my gf at the time and met some lone travellers and always wondered how on earth they packed up their lives. They were loving every second just like we were though. Best bit is the unpredicted, totally off plan, where you have a town or city and zig zig your way to it. So many places that just stay with you. Think you seen a few more sights than me though :D congrats on taking some time out

How was it travelling with a partner? Not sure I could travel with someone else now, but I had some crazy nights with some great couples, who seemed to be having a ball travelling together.

Not one argument in 18 months of living in each other pockets surprisingly. Bar a little home sickness after a month in which was soon over. We had a budget of £3k (with tickets) so did have to plan to make the best of it, but managed 24 states of the US, the centre and circumference or Oz, North and South Thailand. I have to read back your posts here lol"

3k for 18 months?!! What! Crikey.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow skinny legs with hand like stingers played a vid of it x

I can only describe it as a cockroach, which has had sex with a crab and a tarantula! The resulting offending specimen is that hideous monstrosity!

I have recurring nightmares where everytime I lifted up my toiletry bag, one would be lying there in wait. "

the vid I watched showed a scientist allowing it to sting or bite him multiple times then he picked it up

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

we worked in Oz .. but yeah, left the UK after paying for tickets with no more that £2.5 if that. It was a good effort

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow skinny legs with hand like stingers played a vid of it x

I have recurring nightmares where everytime I lifted up my toiletry bag, one would be lying there in wait. the vid I watched showed a scientist allowing it to sting or bite him multiple times then he picked it up "

What the actual fuck!!! Wonder what he was trying to prove!

Seeing as they are the size of a dinner plate, I would have thought the beast would be picking the scientist up. Horrible!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"we worked in Oz .. but yeah, left the UK after paying for tickets with no more that £2.5 if that. It was a good effort "

Bloody hell, it certainly was! Was it the 70s and did you eat soil?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey beautiful you sound amazing I love that adventurous spirit I can't message you I'm outside your age range but the thing I most love about travelling is meeting people ,my daughter's have the travel bug to now my youngest has been to south Korea ,Malaysia,Thailand,Singapore and the parenthian islands which she loved totally unspoilt x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

Regardless of the intentions of any thread, it inevitably finds a way back to the discussion of sex...

As sense of humour is important to me, most foreigners don't stand a chance anyway! If they don't laugh at my jokes it a no-go! "

I know... It's a great thread to read. I enjoy travelling, seeing what the world has to offer and experiencing other cultures way of life. Yes, I noticed the same on my travels. Not many people understand the british sense of humour.

Note to self; just laugh away

Reply privately

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"we worked in Oz .. but yeah, left the UK after paying for tickets with no more that £2.5 if that. It was a good effort

Bloody hell, it certainly was! Was it the 70s and did you eat soil?! "

nope but bought a camper and sold it for a grand more than we paid. Not having a bumbag full of wonga helped us move fast

Reply privately

By *fricanMann2077Man
over a year ago

Stoke On Trent

"we worked in Oz .. but yeah, left the UK after paying for tickets with no more that £2.5 if that. It was a good effort

Bloody hell, it certainly was! Was it the 70s and did you eat soil?! "

You ignored my questions

Reply privately

over a year ago

After Egypt, I'm not sure I fancy Morocco. As a guy, you will be fine but it's intimidating for single women!

Be vigilant and take no shit! The price quoted is never the real price. Divide by 1/5-1/8 and offer that! x"

Your trip sounds amazing. I'd love to hear more about it. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

As sense of humour is important to me, most foreigners don't stand a chance anyway! If they don't laugh at my jokes it a no-go!

I know... It's a great thread to read. I enjoy travelling, seeing what the world has to offer and experiencing other cultures way of life. Yes, I noticed the same on my travels. Not many people understand the british sense of humour.

Note to self; just laugh away "

Why, thank you!

The British sense of humour is the reason I came back to this shitty weather.

Reply privately

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 17/02/16 09:17:06]

Reply privately

By *limBobStretchedPantsMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"What an amazingly brave thing to do OP. I can feel your excitement. I remember my first round the world voyage working on the QE2 I must have told everyone on the train to Leeds 'I have just been right around the world'

You obviously saw more than I did as my visits were days rather than months. Must have been epic!

It feels more amazing now I'm back, oddly. The greatest sense of achievement. No idea how I got myself back in one piece though. 'On a wing and a prayer', springs to mind!"

Small world I also did my Traveling on QE2 and Queen Victoria (Obviously QE2 was the best by a country mile). Spent a few years with Cunard and saw some amazing places and met some amazing people. There is one place I want to go so terribly bad though and that's Antartica. It's the only continent I haven't set foot on and I want to go and see penguins.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hello Miss Robinson.

Did you make it to the Middle East? B has a two-month project in Israel this summer - Tel Aviv - and I will be joining her for some holiday/site seeing....be great to know of the kind of places the guide books don't tell you about (ee have already checked out the swinging clubs)

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You should totally write a book! I've loved reading this!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did you visit Ireland?

Loved reading this post,really makes you want to pack up everything and go traveling.Machu Picchu the one place i would love to see.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Gagging?

Note to self; just laugh away

Why, thank you!

The British sense of humour is the reason I came back to this shitty weather. "

The pleasure is all mine.

Yes, it is unfortunate that this weather ails is.

Reply privately

By *ummersun99Woman
over a year ago

"You should totally write a book! I've loved reading this! "

I'd buy it

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I'm next in Manchester I'll give you a shout and we can meet up for a drink and swap war stories. Thanks for sharing with us all! This has been a great read.

Ooh you'll love Wales! I went with an Australian visitor backpacking throughout Wales...did all the castles. Think you'll be amazed. He was!! The mountains are high for the UK!!

Yes please do. Be great to meet you both. I love Yanks xx"

Hey, I couldn't pm you cuz you've got couples blocked

Anyway, we'll be in Manchester next week so if you fancy a beer and some traveling stories drop me a message and we'll work something out.

-Courtney

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes please do. Be great to meet you both. I love Yanks xx

Hey, I couldn't pm you cuz you've got couples blocked

Anyway, we'll be in Manchester next week so if you fancy a beer and some traveling stories drop me a message and we'll work something out.

-Courtney "

Oh definitely! I'll unblock couples now x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has this crusade given you an insight into your direction and purpose in life?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It feels more amazing now I'm back, oddly. The greatest sense of achievement. No idea how I got myself back in one piece though. 'On a wing and a prayer', springs to mind!

Small world I also did my Traveling on QE2 and Queen Victoria (Obviously QE2 was the best by a country mile). Spent a few years with Cunard and saw some amazing places and met some amazing people. There is one place I want to go so terribly bad though and that's Antartica. It's the only continent I haven't set foot on and I want to go and see penguins."

Why don't you go?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you visit Ireland?

Loved reading this post,really makes you want to pack up everything and go traveling.Machu Picchu the one place i would love to see."

Yes I've been to Galway and Dublin and a few places in between. Need to go Belfast this year if anyone fancies seeing the Giant's Causeway

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Did you visit Ireland?

Loved reading this post,really makes you want to pack up everything and go traveling.Machu Picchu the one place i would love to see.

Yes I've been to Galway and Dublin and a few places in between. Need to go Belfast this year if anyone fancies seeing the Giant's Causeway "

I was unfortunate last year that I didn't get the chance to see the Giant's Causeway, aircraft don't fix themselves just yet. Hopefully I'll get more chance at the end of this year when I'm visiting Belfast.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has this crusade given you an insight into your direction and purpose in life? "

Not really. It's only made me less prepared to put up with any bullshit whatsoever. The things that we worry about over here are ridiculous. I mean before, I was attached to my nice leather sofa, expensive clothes, record collection, photographs etc before but now I couldn't give a shit if all my stuff got stolen tomorrow. I'm less concerned with material things now and less attached to objects/people than I was before. We are all just 'passing through'. I don't care what I do now as long as I'm happy in the moment. I think I might just be done with the corporate world too, but I'm just realising that now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You should totally write a book! I've loved reading this!

I'd buy it "

Aw I'm genuinely touched! Thank you. If anyone on here has links to publishing, let me know. Id be interested in a conversation definitely! Or if anyone has written a book, please get in touch xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hello Miss Robinson.

Did you make it to the Middle East? B has a two-month project in Israel this summer - Tel Aviv - and I will be joining her for some holiday/site seeing....be great to know of the kind of places the guide books don't tell you about (ee have already checked out the swinging clubs) "

Only Egypt but I wouldn't recommend taking the wife there! The men tend to maul Western women like bears, in the street!

I was disappointed with the pyramids and as a whole, it's the only country I wouldn't go back to.

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"You should totally write a book! I've loved reading this!

I'd buy it

Aw I'm genuinely touched! Thank you. If anyone on here has links to publishing, let me know. Id be interested in a conversation definitely! Or if anyone has written a book, please get in touch xx"

I tried to earlier!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would altruism contribute to your happiness?

Reply privately