Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Body types

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Yea I know the subjects been done a million times and I'm not trying to cause trouble here.

But..

I've always thought of myself as curvy until joining fab that is now I get messages from people who refer to me as bbw. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with BBWs but I can't help getting a little upset when I read these messages. I know I'm no slim Jim and I do have a belly and yes maybe I'm vain.

But I wish people would hold back on the labels when messaging others

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I get loads of messages from people with bbw in their title either they think I'm a bbw or they just really like anyone.

I wouldn't worry about it.

over a year ago

"I get loads of messages from people with bbw in their title either they think I'm a bbw or they just really like anyone.

I wouldn't worry about it."

True perhaps I'm over thinking it

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Just another reason to delete and block,

Body shapes and folks perceptions of themselves will vary massively.. your profile your choices,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People add labels as it makes them feel more comfortable about what they're looking for. However as these labels have no quantifiable measurement (what's vwe? What's curvy?) it says less about you and more about the person that is using these terms and their preconceptions.

over a year ago

I think sometimes they mean it as a compliment but I do know what you mean. Better, in my view, to only refer to people using specific terms if they've identified themselves that way.

over a year ago

"Just another reason to delete and block,

Body shapes and folks perceptions of themselves will vary massively.. your profile your choices, "

That's a good point, thank you x

over a year ago

Don't over think , I have had first hand experience of how gorgeous you are .

X

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"I think sometimes they mean it as a compliment but I do know what you mean. Better, in my view, to only refer to people using specific terms if they've identified themselves that way. "

over a year ago

"People add labels as it makes them feel more comfortable about what they're looking for. However as these labels have no quantifiable measurement (what's vwe? What's curvy?) it says less about you and more about the person that is using these terms and their preconceptions."

That's true maybe I'm being over sensitive to it, thanks x

over a year ago

"I think sometimes they mean it as a compliment but I do know what you mean. Better, in my view, to only refer to people using specific terms if they've identified themselves that way. "

Yea I think maybe I over think it that's what I do too I try not to mention body types towards others to avoid any upset or offence. I think I'm just being a wimp

over a year ago

"Don't over think , I have had first hand experience of how gorgeous you are .

X"

Thanks Mr x

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

They probably just cut and pasted the wrong message, you are clearly not a bbw. I get messages for couples sometimes addressing 'you guys'- epic fail, instant delete.

over a year ago

It never fails to amuse me when men message my wife and ask her if she'll be going to club nights such as "curvy club"! Really guys? It's no wonder you're single!

"Alright luv, you look a bit fat, going to fat night?"

over a year ago

"They probably just cut and pasted the wrong message, you are clearly not a bbw. I get messages for couples sometimes addressing 'you guys'- epic fail, instant delete. "

I never thought of that.. Thank you. Oh do you really yea I'm starting to use the delete button a lot more now too

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

You look curvy to me... In fact you look great

Just treat the BBW messages as another filter. I wouldn't be particularly pleased with that description either personally.

Nita

over a year ago

"It never fails to amuse me when men message my wife and ask her if she'll be going to club nights such as "curvy club"! Really guys? It's no wonder you're single!

"Alright luv, you look a bit fat, going to fat night?"

"

I think a lot of people need either there eyes or heads tested in that case. They're not doing themselves any favours are they

over a year ago

"Yea I know the subjects been done a million times and I'm not trying to cause trouble here.

But..

I've always thought of myself as curvy until joining fab that is now I get messages from people who refer to me as bbw. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with BBWs but I can't help getting a little upset when I read these messages. I know I'm no slim Jim and I do have a belly and yes maybe I'm vain.

But I wish people would hold back on the labels when messaging others "

I see you as 'curvy'. X

over a year ago

I think you look beautiful

over a year ago

I have just looked at your pics and being a big girl myself (size 18 ish) I would never say you were a BBW by any stretch of the imagination. You have a gorgeous figure with curves in all the right places. Curvy at its best.

D

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple
over a year ago

Andover

"Yea I know the subjects been done a million times and I'm not trying to cause trouble here.

But..

But I wish people would hold back on the labels when messaging others "

You've described yourself as curvy and from your pics is say that's a great subscription of a very attractive woman with curves where they ought to be.

Labels are really tough and we suffer with people commenting on what we should class ourselves as. The trick is, not to let it worry you. Xxx

If you work out how to do this, let me know.

over a year ago

Your perfect as you are.

Anyone who needs to define me isnt worth my time. You cant analyse this. You like it or you dont.

Someone with a checlist bbw or not aint for me im a person however big or small the whole. Thats checklist sex i prefer instinctual sex

Sure theres preferences but ypur more than one aspect of that x

over a year ago

"You look curvy to me... In fact you look great

Just treat the BBW messages as another filter. I wouldn't be particularly pleased with that description either personally.

Nita "

Thanks hun yea I will just a few more to the block list

over a year ago

But..

I see you as 'curvy'. X"

Lol thanks hun xx

over a year ago

"I think you look beautiful "

thank you so do you

over a year ago

"I have just looked at your pics and being a big girl myself (size 18 ish) I would never say you were a BBW by any stretch of the imagination. You have a gorgeous figure with curves in all the right places. Curvy at its best.

D"

That's very kind thank you I love your pics by the way xx

over a year ago

But..

You've described yourself as curvy and from your pics is say that's a great subscription of a very attractive woman with curves where they ought to be.

Labels are really tough and we suffer with people commenting on what we should class ourselves as. The trick is, not to let it worry you. Xxx

If you work out how to do this, let me know. "

I will do but if you work it out first, be sure to let me know thanks for your message

over a year ago

"Your perfect as you are.

Anyone who needs to define me isnt worth my time. You cant analyse this. You like it or you dont.

Someone with a checlist bbw or not aint for me im a person however big or small the whole. Thats checklist sex i prefer instinctual sex

Sure theres preferences but ypur more than one aspect of that x"

Thank you miss sounds like the best solution I think I'll take a leaf out of your book gorgeous lady thank you xx

By *helbeeCouple
over a year ago

Nuneaton

I used to be a curvy size 16 an 10 stone 2 lbs im now a size 14 an 8 stone 5 lbs . I don't know what my body type is at the mo

I've lost weight on a low fat diet an go to the gym..an do cardiovascular I'm not curvy or don't think iam im not athletic either

I'm not average im in between average an curvy lol

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

You look super lovely and very sexy x

over a year ago

Just be whatever you want to be...fuck anyone else

over a year ago

Oh lovely girl, sorry to hear it upset you. You're a beauty. Strut past them in your mailbox hitting delete as you go.

over a year ago

"I used to be a curvy size 16 an 10 stone 2 lbs im now a size 14 an 8 stone 5 lbs . I don't know what my body type is at the mo

I've lost weight on a low fat diet an go to the gym..an do cardiovascular I'm not curvy or don't think iam im not athletic either

I'm not average im in between average an curvy lol "

I'd say your body type was bloody gorgeous

over a year ago

"You look super lovely and very sexy x"

thank you that's very kind

over a year ago

"Just be whatever you want to be...fuck anyone else "

I plan to from now on

over a year ago

"Oh lovely girl, sorry to hear it upset you. You're a beauty. Strut past them in your mailbox hitting delete as you go. "

Thank you gorgeous I will do xx

over a year ago

Plus size clothes store Evans, sell from a size 14 through to 34. So 14+ in many peoples eyes is big, heavy, fat, large, curvy or indeed BBW. Be your curvy self and sod the label dictators. From a big bolshy woman aka BBW

over a year ago

Just had a look and you look fab to me. Curvy which is how I describe myself too take no notice and just delete and block them

over a year ago

Thank you all for the lovely messages and advice, this wasn't intended as a look at me thread just a bit of a rant and to get people thinking about maybe not mentioning labels.

All of your comments have been a great help thank you, sending kisses

Miss B

X

over a year ago

"I have just looked at your pics and being a big girl myself (size 18 ish) I would never say you were a BBW by any stretch of the imagination. You have a gorgeous figure with curves in all the right places. Curvy at its best.

D

That's very kind thank you I love your pics by the way xx"

Thank you x

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

The body type options on here can be a bit vague, I think it's vest just to tick whichever one you feel best suits.

I agree with others on this thread that it was prob meant as a (clumsy, possibly slightly insensitive) compliment and I also agree that Bella has a lovely figure (obviously!)

One observation though, I think men on here are more likely to be more positive/optimistic regards to body type (ticking athletic despite having a darts players physique) than ladies are (eg ticking average despite looking gorgeous, like all the girls on the forum obviously!)

Post new Message to Thread