Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wish me luck.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

18 months ago I walked out on my ex and having no where to go I left my kids with him knowin they will be looked after and it was best for them to stay at home then move from settee to settee and not guaranteed a bed for the night. I was having regular contact with them and spoke to them every day. things were going great with contact until a few weeks ago when I got a letter from his solicitor saying he wants full custody of them so he can take them to Spain to live with his new wife.

Well today's is the day where I fight in court. Only problem is he has 2 barristers and his solicitor. All I have is me. X

If u can't say anything nice I would rather you keep your opinion to your self x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

good luck

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Good luck x

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

Good luck & stay strong x

over a year ago

Good luck today, hope you get the outcome you want

over a year ago

Good luck

over a year ago

You must be a bag of nerves!

I hope that the day goes well for you and the court finds a solution which allows your children to have both parents in their lives - I can only imagine how you must be feeling.

Try not to be intimidated my his legal representation and focus on what is truly best for your children x

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"18 months ago I walked out on my ex and having no where to go I left my kids with him knowin they will be looked after and it was best for them to stay at home then move from settee to settee and not guaranteed a bed for the night. I was having regular contact with them and spoke to them every day. things were going great with contact until a few weeks ago when I got a letter from his solicitor saying he wants full custody of them so he can take them to Spain to live with his new wife.

Well today's is the day where I fight in court. Only problem is he has 2 barristers and his solicitor. All I have is me. X

If u can't say anything nice I would rather you keep your opinion to your self x"

Been there done that but as a man obviously. If you are treat as badly as i was its going to be a hard day. Dont give up though keep fighting and i hope your god smiles on you.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

The children's welfare and best interests will be placed first. Best of luck op.

By *ustin666666Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Good luck but I really do think you will be fine. X

over a year ago

"18 months ago I walked out on my ex and having no where to go I left my kids with him knowin they will be looked after and it was best for them to stay at home then move from settee to settee and not guaranteed a bed for the night. I was having regular contact with them and spoke to them every day. things were going great with contact until a few weeks ago when I got a letter from his solicitor saying he wants full custody of them so he can take them to Spain to live with his new wife.

If u can't say anything nice I would rather you keep your opinion to your self x"

good luck huni i carnt even imagine how you must be feeling

hold your head up high and just tell them that your a mother who wants her children home x x

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

Good luck! Make sure you take a checklist of everything you need to say. Stay calm, don't let them intimidate you or wind you up, and think before you speak. Hope it goes well for you xxx

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Good luck x

over a year ago

I'm pretty sure under parental responsibility you have joint custody, as far as I know he can not take them out the uk without your permission, good luck Hun make sure you know your rights

over a year ago

"I'm pretty sure under parental responsibility you have joint custody, as far as I know he can not take them out the uk without your permission, good luck Hun make sure you know your rights "

That's why he taking me court time get full pr and custody x

over a year ago

What are you hoping for from today? Do you have a place that can hold yourself and the kids? Can you adequately provide for your kids? These are all things that the court will look at. Usually the court will look to allow joint custody in normal circumstances. Be prepared for some mud slinging from the ex though as he will probably look to discredit you

over a year ago

"I'm pretty sure under parental responsibility you have joint custody, as far as I know he can not take them out the uk without your permission, good luck Hun make sure you know your rights "

Its a shame you didnt post sooner i you can have free legal aid xx

over a year ago

Best of luck to you OP. Xx

By *appyDeviantsCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Good luck ,stay strong be prepared for the worst and i hope you get some good results xx

over a year ago

"I'm pretty sure under parental responsibility you have joint custody, as far as I know he can not take them out the uk without your permission, good luck Hun make sure you know your rights

Its a shame you didnt post sooner i you can have free legal aid xx"

I went to several solicitors and under the new legal aid cuts I couldn't get it because I'm working and there wasn't any violence or social services involved x and on min wage there is no way I can afford to pay x

over a year ago

OP, I wish you the best of luck. What a horrible situation.

Did you seek free legal advice? This sounds serious and I really hope the outcome is the best it can be for everyone involved.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"OP, I wish you the best of luck. What a horrible situation.

Did you seek free legal advice? This sounds serious and I really hope the outcome is the best it can be for everyone involved.

-Courtney "

Went to several solicitors and all told me same thing xx

over a year ago

-Courtney

Went to several solicitors and all told me same thing xx "

It's realy sad you're in this position. I hope it turns out well.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

-Courtney

Went to several solicitors and all told me same thing xx "

The legal aid cuts are beyond evil.

Justice is too often only available to the wealthy in this country now, which is shameful.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Nobody ever wins in court except the lawyers Best of luck.

over a year ago

Cannot imagine how you must be feeling today. Bust good luck op and hope all goes well

over a year ago

-Courtney

Went to several solicitors and all told me same thing xx

It's realy sad you're in this position. I hope it turns out well. "

Now if I wasn't working I would have got legal aid... it takes piss. I've always worked even when I was with ex and juggling 5 kids school runs ect I still did it. But now I need something in return I can't. I can see why people stay on benefits all their life's x

over a year ago

UPDATE... thank you everyone for the good luck xxx

Court has been ajorned. I need to get a full statement sorted and he needs to get evidence of all shit he told in court x

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"UPDATE... thank you everyone for the good luck xxx

Court has been ajorned. I need to get a full statement sorted and he needs to get evidence of all shit he told in court x"

That sounds promising

over a year ago

Court has been ajorned. I need to get a full statement sorted and he needs to get evidence of all shit he told in court x

That sounds promising "

Seeing as all the shit he said was lies he won't be able to get any evidence xx

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

That sounds promising

Seeing as all the shit he said was lies he won't be able to get any evidence xx"

Is it stuff you can get evidence to prove it's not true?

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

Good luck xx

over a year ago

That sounds promising

Is it stuff you can get evidence to prove it's not true?"

Yeah x apprently I'm a dirty smack head... let um do drug test, apparently I'm mentally unstable... let um do assessments on me...apparently I'm lieing bout my job paying child care... letter from work.... my house is a shit hole... photos and visits x

over a year ago

I wouldn't have face pics showing on a swingers site whilst going through a custody battle.

Good luck

over a year ago

When speaking to overcome the nerves, just think of everyone in their underwear, oops Sorry that is for interviews.

Stick to the facts, speak from the heart and don't stoop low to Skaggs him off. Good luck.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

That sounds promising

Is it stuff you can get evidence to prove it's not true?

Yeah x apprently I'm a dirty smack head... let um do drug test, apparently I'm mentally unstable... let um do assessments on me...apparently I'm lieing bout my job paying child care... letter from work.... my house is a shit hole... photos and visits x"

Proving he's lying should strengthen your case and weaken his. Courts tend not to like being lied to

over a year ago

"I wouldn't have face pics showing on a swingers site whilst going through a custody battle.

Good luck "

My sex life has nothing to do with how i care for kids xxx

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

As this is a public forum, and your situation ongoing, I would be careful about what you post about the case on here.

over a year ago

I have been through something similar and all I can say is gather loads of statements from friends family the school your Dr anyone who knows u and if he has lied! My ex did they will be caught out! We ended up sorting it through mediation as he didn't have a leg to stand on! X

over a year ago

"As this is a public forum, and your situation ongoing, I would be careful about what you post about the case on here.

"

And face pics....

Post new Message to Thread