Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

the new police crime map website

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

has anybody else tried out the new website from the police thats been all over the news this week?

i have just been on it, i typed my postcode in and was amazed to see there had been 317 offences(including 2 murders) in ,sopposedldly, the area near my street in the last month,now i live in a street that has 11 houses and i live in a quiet area so i thought this cant be right so i clicked on some of the offences to get more details and they where showing some places that must be at least 15 or so miles away from me

how can that be an accurate review of crimes right near me?

all i can say what a crock of shit it is,im glad to see the police are spending tax payers money wisely in these hard times!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *3thfloorMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Spurious data notwithstanding, the fact that it worked at all is amazing enough. The day of it's launch, after the fanfares, the thing promptly fell over. Like every other government web project ever, because they won't shell out for a decent back-end.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Never had any problem with the site! Looked for our postcode and zoomed in to be able to read all the individual incidents. Looked pretty accurate to me! All figures are varifiable via the Freedom of Information Act and you may even get the figures without.

Very strange that you have incidents 15 miles away though....

Post new Message to Thread