Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

deadly serious knitting thread

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

sooooooooooooo bought a whole heap of knitting needles for a few quid from local buy sell swap site with a view to keeping hands busy and knitting myself a jumper - got the pattern and the wool - all bargains

....... cast on my 127 stitches - did the rib then my 6 rows of ss - then

K5B - never heard of this - you tubed it and simples -albeit a little faffy but only 1 row in 12 so no big deal - did the next row and came to last 8 stitches as im ribbing up the sides also and im a stitch too many - blagged that and then tried to see where the error was - failed - recounted the whole lot and i now have 153 stitches ----------------------------

damn

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Crotchet instead... it's easier ??

Nita

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Why I just knit baby clothes!

over a year ago

"Crotchet instead... it's easier ??

Nita"

my last thing i made was a crochet cushion cover - my first attempt at this and not bad - but i wanted to knit

By *0tt0nSu3Woman
over a year ago

London

"sooooooooooooo bought a whole heap of knitting needles for a few quid from local buy sell swap site with a view to keeping hands busy and knitting myself a jumper - got the pattern and the wool - all bargains

K5B - never heard of this - you tubed it and simples -albeit a little faffy but only 1 row in 12 so no big deal - did the next row and came to last 8 stitches as im ribbing up the sides also and im a stitch too many - blagged that and then tried to see where the error was - failed - recounted the whole lot and i now have 153 stitches ----------------------------

damn "

K5B or knit 5 at the back of the stitch instead of the front?

Sounds as if you've increased stitches by knitting the back AND front of the stitches.

Sounds like you gonna have to frog it... ie...rip it, rip it...

Go onto ravelry. There are really helpful knitters who have been where you are and have bought the t shirt.

Good luck!

over a year ago

"sooooooooooooo bought a whole heap of knitting needles for a few quid from local buy sell swap site with a view to keeping hands busy and knitting myself a jumper - got the pattern and the wool - all bargains

damn

K5B or knit 5 at the back of the stitch instead of the front?

Sounds as if you've increased stitches by knitting the back AND front of the stitches.

Sounds like you gonna have to frog it... ie...rip it, rip it...

Go onto ravelry. There are really helpful knitters who have been where you are and have bought the t shirt.

Good luck! "

k5b - slip the next stitch and let it drop 4 rows doen - pick it up and push needle under the 4 strands of yarn - wrap wool over and knit - also known as bubble stitch -

over a year ago

and yes someone has messaged me about ravelry - but thanks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lovely ladies I'm retiring my name as have yet to graduate from scraves

over a year ago

Whatever you do don't take them on an aeroplane because a certain member here regards them as lethal weapons

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Was rubbish at this, casting off n all that, missed stitches leaving holes in said blanket attempts.

over a year ago

"Lovely ladies I'm retiring my name as have yet to graduate from scraves "

haha your scarf is probablymore wearable than my 4 inches of sweater todate

over a year ago

Knitting is easy.

step 1 go buy a knitted jumper

step 2 buy some wool same colour

step 3 remove all labels from jumper