Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Puzzled

Jump to newest

By *aren19681 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Stockport

I watched a programme the other day about early art and spiritulism. The presenter mentioned That it has been discovered a lot of cave paintings throughout continenents all over the world appeared to be replicated.

How could this be if there was no knowledge with respect to sea travel,making it impossible for people from differnent continents to ever meet and share there artistic ideas.

The presenter did not elaborate further ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No one can really say when sea travel started and there have been people on every continent for a long time.

Space Ships?! Early stone age cave paintings (paleolithic) hardly ever show humans. mainly animals and animal/humanlike hybrids.

was stone age man using his imagination or painting what he saw.

or because they had no 'written' language were they using symbols used for centuries before the diaspora?

Probably the latter

By *orestersCouple
over a year ago

The Forest

Continents and land masses have changed frequently over the millenia - a few thousand years ago humans could have walked from Africa to England without getting their feet wet.

There is also a theory (and I'm damned if I can remember it's name) that early humans had a "common consciousness" that showed in their art ie they painted what was important to them, animals, weapons, astronomical phenomena etc.

over a year ago

"Continents and land masses have changed frequently over the millenia - a few thousand years ago humans could have walked from Africa to England without getting their feet wet.

There is also a theory (and I'm damned if I can remember it's name) that early humans had a "common consciousness" that showed in their art ie they painted what was important to them, animals, weapons, astronomical phenomena etc."

Exocognism suggests that all consciousnesses are connected.

Its possible that exocognism applies to me alone, or that each human's consciousness inhabits a different dimension

By *aren19681 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Stockport

"Continents and land masses have changed frequently over the millenia - a few thousand years ago humans could have walked from Africa to England without getting their feet wet.

There is also a theory (and I'm damned if I can remember it's name) that early humans had a "common consciousness" that showed in their art ie they painted what was important to them, animals, weapons, astronomical phenomena etc.

Its possible that exocognism applies to me alone, or that each human's consciousness inhabits a different dimension"

Are you implying that early humans may have been telepathic ?

over a year ago

Its possible that exocognism applies to me alone, or that each human's consciousness inhabits a different dimension

Are you implying that early humans may have been telepathic ?"

I think it's even deeper than that. had to google it otherwise I'd be here all day

Exocognism is an ism that states that part of our "mental world" lies outside of our experience. It can imply that there are other memories besides those we experience, perhaps on other paths (multipathism), perhaps aligned in a different direction in time. Exocognism can also imply that a human is only a part of a larger being. The non-human part of that larger being lies in an inaccessible place, perhaps outside the universe, perhaps in another dimension within this universe, and it may in fact be unknowable.

By *orestersCouple
over a year ago

The Forest

"Are you implying that early humans may have been telepathic ?"

Not necessarily telepathic in the modern definition, but having common attained knowledge - like that fire can cause injury, some animals are dangerous, water needs to be d*unk to live and so forth.

Here's an intersting fact for you to get your head around - humans on mainland Europe and previously attached islands are all related by blood to each other.

over a year ago

Maybe it is because back in the day the human thought process was not as evolved so that the people simply thought of everyday existence like animals they hunt, weapons they used to hunt cooking sex etc and drew these pictures which would probably amount to the same regardless of there location.

I understand that at the time there was plants that grew on all continents containing large amounts of lsd and it was said that these plants were commonly used by the tribes shamen pretty much like peyote juice was used by north american indians. to bark extract used by amazonians.

Maybe the trip induced from indjesting these plants hotwired the same visions to the user and so they drew these visons of there spirit world etc on the walls of there caves.

The human mind has also been found to contain small traces of lsd naturally. To some the traces are higher than normal. I remember reading once that in tests people who had stated they had been found to have been abducted by aliens or seen ghosts had higher traces than normal.. So when they tripped out they would be unaware and think that the experience of alien abduction or seeing ghosts was a real experience ...rather than simply an hallucination. direct from there own brain.

over a year ago

"Maybe it is because back in the day the human thought process was not as evolved so that the people simply thought of everyday existence like animals they hunt, weapons they used to hunt cooking sex etc and drew these pictures which would probably amount to the same regardless of there location.

I understand that at the time there was plants that grew on all continents containing large amounts of lsd and it was said that these plants were commonly used by the tribes shamen pretty much like peyote juice was used by north american indians. to bark extract used by amazonians.

Maybe the trip induced from indjesting these plants hotwired the same visions to the user and so they drew these visons of there spirit world etc on the walls of there caves.

The human mind has also been found to contain small traces of lsd naturally. To some the traces are higher than normal. I remember reading once that in tests people who had stated they had been found to have been abducted by aliens or seen ghosts had higher traces than normal.. So when they tripped out they would be unaware and think that the experience of alien abduction or seeing ghosts was a real experience ...rather than simply an hallucination. direct from there own brain. "

In the process of researching something I had an interesting experience with Salvia Divinorum: It did actually seem that my very existence melted away and got sucked into some kind of vortex. It wasn't of course,I was just stoned for a couple of minutes. a friend of mine at the same time thought he was a table!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"I watched a programme the other day about early art and spiritulism. The presenter mentioned That it has been discovered a lot of cave paintings throughout continenents all over the world appeared to be replicated.

How could this be if there was no knowledge with respect to sea travel,making it impossible for people from differnent continents to ever meet and share there artistic ideas.

"

As cave art tends to portray important aspects of life for the culture concerned you'll find this is often similar regardless of the location; so themes of hunting and fertility are common for example. Also simple geometric patterns are often used and so can often be found in wildly different regions.

Also sea travel was taking place, mostly coastal but short trips across seas were not that uncommon, so different cultures may well have been aware of each other and even traded goods.

It is interesting how many common themes they share though.

over a year ago

"Maybe it is because back in the day the human thought process was not as evolved so that the people simply thought of everyday existence like animals they hunt, weapons they used to hunt cooking sex etc and drew these pictures which would probably amount to the same regardless of there location.

The human mind has also been found to contain small traces of lsd naturally. To some the traces are higher than normal. I remember reading once that in tests people who had stated they had been found to have been abducted by aliens or seen ghosts had higher traces than normal.. So when they tripped out they would be unaware and think that the experience of alien abduction or seeing ghosts was a real experience ...rather than simply an hallucination. direct from there own brain.

In the process of researching something I had an interesting experience with Salvia Divinorum: It did actually seem that my very existence melted away and got sucked into some kind of vortex. It wasn't of course,I was just stoned for a couple of minutes. a friend of mine at the same time thought he was a table!"

In relation to the the shared comciousness theory, what could i possibly be thinking ? i think the film the men who stared at goats based on militry mind reading and thought implants from one person to another from the seventies proved hocum as the project was debunked within a short space of time.

over a year ago

If they only saw the same things, animals, other humans and astrological events then there is not a lot else to draw...

I can't quote a reference, but the modern humans in the 'west' see more things in a day that people who lived 3-4+ thousand years ago...

over a year ago

"I watched a programme the other day about early art and spiritulism. The presenter mentioned That it has been discovered a lot of cave paintings throughout continenents all over the world appeared to be replicated.

"

Or perhaps just prime examples of “convergent evolution”. Simply explained where even different species in different parts of the world are known to develop the same physical and neurological characteristics for the same purpose……

On the other hand, maybe its sumit all together completely different…. IDK

over a year ago

In the process of researching something I had an interesting experience with Salvia Divinorum: It did actually seem that my very existence melted away and got sucked into some kind of vortex. It wasn't of course,I was just stoned for a couple of minutes. a friend of mine at the same time thought he was a table!

In relation to the the shared comciousness theory, what could i possibly be thinking ? i think the film the men who stared at goats based on militry mind reading and thought implants from one person to another from the seventies proved hocum as the project was debunked within a short space of time."

To be fair though this did grow out of the Human Potential Movement which was more concerned with being happy and fulfilled.

The Americanauthorities did what they usually do and saw if there was a way they could apply it to the military.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Or perhaps just prime examples of “convergent evolution”. Simply explained where even different species in different parts of the world are known to develop the same physical and neurological characteristics for the same purpose……

"

Maybe they were just all copying the same pictures off the crayon box?

over a year ago

well,,,, Viccyboi,,,,,,as they say.... it takes one to know one!!!!!

over a year ago

"

There was a thing on QI about Humans,Chimpanzees and Koala bears having near identical kinds of fingerprints.

evolution? or intelligent design?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

There was a thing on QI about Humans,Chimpanzees and Koala bears having near identical kinds of fingerprints.

evolution? or intelligent design?"

FSM

over a year ago

Might have guessed the Pastafari would make an appearence

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Might have guessed the Pastafari would make an appearence "

May he bless you with his noodley appendage.

over a year ago

"Might have guessed the Pastafari would make an appearence

May he bless you with his noodley appendage. "

Since you have done a half-ass job, you will receive half an ass!

over a year ago

"

evolution? or intelligent design?"

Ahhh,,,,hmmm,,,,,Perhaps only the great creator truly knows who done-it,,,, if indeed there actually is a great creator!!,,,, and if not…….....well I blame the janitor,, and if it weren’t for them darn pesky kids ,,,, he’d have got away with it too,,,,!!!!!!

over a year ago

evolution? or intelligent design?

I thinks it is more ginetic dna design such as 99.9 % of our ginetic dna make up is identical to that of our primates and some other species such as dolphins. I am not entirely sure if i am right though as it was something i watched a while back.

over a year ago

I don't believe in all that stuff about God being the Architect of the world.

But if he was, I don't like the man.

Nobody in their right mind would get bored of dinosaurs.

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 09/02/11 23:20:48]

over a year ago

Are you implying that early humans may have been telepathic ?

I think it's even deeper than that. had to google it otherwise I'd be here all day

Exocognism is an ism that states that part of our "mental world" lies outside of our experience. It can imply that there are other memories besides those we experience, perhaps on other paths (multipathism), perhaps aligned in a different direction in time. Exocognism can also imply that a human is only a part of a larger being. The non-human part of that larger being lies in an inaccessible place, perhaps outside the universe, perhaps in another dimension within this universe, and it may in fact be unknowable.

"

this would seem to fit quite well with ideas that dna is carried down through time but evolves not only for the body but also for cognitivity.

over a year ago

"If they only saw the same things, animals, other humans and astrological events then there is not a lot else to draw...

I can't quote a reference, but the modern humans in the 'west' see more things in a day that people who lived 3-4+ thousand years ago..."

or it could have been a universally accepted "genre" of painting (kind of religious).

Post new Message to Thread