Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Accounts software

Jump to newest

By *risky_Mare OP   Woman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Dear founts of all knowledge, to save me trawling though google - does anyone know of any good FREE basic accounts software that will import data from Quickbooks??

I only need to track sales (of a variety of items) and purchase orders, and print out report summaries of them for accounts once a year.

I thank you xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't know of specific software but you could trawl through the stuff at

www.alternativeto.net

lots of open source and free software on that site. Must be some accounts stuff there.

By *estsideukMan
over a year ago

Hatfield area

I'd cheat, and perhaps do a free trial. Xero does a full free trial I think. Note you may only be able to do it once - I suspect it looks at your IP address, so you may want to use a privacy tool as well

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have you tried the online stuff that comes with excel?

Or you could create a custom spreadsheet, it shouldn't be difficult with the right requirements at the outset

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

I don't know any free accounts software but this could be knocked up very quickly using Access.

There's a forum of Access users that are very helpful and would probably do this in a couple of hours for you for free.

By *idsAndyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

I'd just use excel.... I'd also take ShitBooks and bury it

Seriously get Sage instant accounts for £90, sorted.

By *risky_Mare OP   Woman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I'd just use excel.... I'd also take ShitBooks and bury it

Seriously get Sage instant accounts for £90, sorted. "

That's cheap - but then there's all the updates etc. Would it accept QB info - I want to transfer all my client database and sales info.

I'm on 'Online' now but I hate it, and it's just not worth nigh on £20 a month to me.

Never heard of access.....will google!!

Thanks all

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

That's cheap - but then there's all the updates etc. Would it accept QB info - I want to transfer all my client database and sales info.

I'm on 'Online' now but I hate it, and it's just not worth nigh on £20 a month to me.

Thanks all "

If you can export the QB info into a csv or xls file you should be able to in port it in to sage with some tweaking. I'm a bookkeeper and have used sage for years, so if I can help,let me know.

You will also be able to put it in to Access if you can Dave the info as above. PM me if you want

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Thanks all

If you can export the QB info into a csv or xls file you should be able to in port it in to sage with some tweaking. I'm a bookkeeper and have used sage for years, so if I can help,let me know.

You will also be able to put it in to Access if you can Dave the info as above. PM me if you want "

Save not Dave

Post new Message to Thread