Jeremy Hunt

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has spoken....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

The opposition response lacks any suggestion of credible alternative.....

It's just stubborn denial a problem needs fixing...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Unfortunately the economic downturn and the massive cuts are only now kicking in.

Any suggestion that the public sector is coming out of it is a fairy tale.

The pot of money has been emptied and as a consequence so has the service.

No money=no service.

Doom and gloom sadly.

By *uited staffs guyMan
over a year ago

staffordshire

Hunt has escalated the dispute big time, he was offered a way out of it and vetoed it

If there's chaos in our hospitals and an exodus of doctors I hope he gets the sack he so richly deserves

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Hunt has escalated the dispute big time, he was offered a way out of it and vetoed it

If there's chaos in our hospitals and an exodus of doctors I hope he gets the sack he so richly deserves "

Sadly no. If the NHS falls apart then it gets privatised.

If it manages to get through this then Jeremy is right and it will get privatised.

Ah well. It was nice whilst it lasted.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Hunt is the attack dog, he has done the same in every department he has been in

over a year ago

"Hunt has escalated the dispute big time, he was offered a way out of it and vetoed it

If there's chaos in our hospitals and an exodus of doctors I hope he gets the sack he so richly deserves "

Surely it's not about being offered a "way-out"

It's about ensuring the provision of best practice for doctors and patient's alike..

over a year ago

It appears we're going the same way as America. Imagine us not having insurance that covers a major illness and your whole life savings are obliterated because you have a heart attack and your insurance has lapsed. That's what'll happen without the NHS but the tories have wanted the nhs gone for years.

over a year ago

There has been x time to save the NHS for years now, guess what, still here and in England vastly out performing Labour run Welsh NHS.

But hey, Tory bastards eh. Why let facts get in the way of ignorant hate

over a year ago

If there's chaos in our hospitals and an exodus of doctors I hope he gets the sack he so richly deserves

It's about ensuring the provision of best practice for doctors and patient's alike..

"

It is so easy to respond that Jeremy Hunt is rhyming slang.

However, I have listened closely to both sides of the argument and while young doctors of course have my sympathy, I am not convinced that the deal they have been offered is as bad as their union has made out. If that makes me a fascist, so be it.

On the other hand, it is a grave mistake to try to impose a new contract on them. That can and will only lead to a conflict from which no one (including patients) will benefit.

My view? Hunt is a cunt and so is the BMA.

over a year ago

It is so easy to respond that Jeremy Hunt is rhyming slang.

However, I have listened closely to both sides of the argument and while young doctors of course have my sympathy, I am not convinced that the deal they have been offered is as bad as their union has made out. If that makes me a fascist, so be it.

On the other hand, it is a grave mistake to try to impose a new contract on them. That can and will only lead to a conflict from which no one (including patients) will benefit.

My view? Hunt is a cunt and so is the BMA."

OMG.....My minds gone blank.... I can't think of any word that rhymes with Jeremy...

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Shame this thread got ruined

over a year ago

"Shame this thread got ruined"

It's not ruined..... it's for anyone to post whatever they want within forum rules...

People are welcome to post anything they wish regardless of whether it's serious or humorous or thought provoking or challenging or just down right trivial drivel..

We can choose too respond to posts that capture our interest or we can leave it to others ....

We are not obliged to follow any trends .....

It's just healthy thought exchange.... its not life and death,,,

over a year ago

"Shame this thread got ruined

It's not ruined..... it's for anyone to post whatever they want within forum rules...

People are welcome to post anything they wish regardless of whether it's serious or humorous or thought provoking or challenging or just down right trivial drivel..

We can choose too respond to posts that capture our interest or we can leave it to others ....

It's just healthy thought exchange.... its not life and death,,, "

Well said Soxy

over a year ago

Well said Soxy"

haha..... although in saying all that, I realise by responding to a post saying that thread is ruined.... I have indeed fallen into the trap of allowing my interest to be captured by something I would otherwise pretend not to see.... lol

I'm such a klutz.....

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

It's just healthy thought exchange.... its not life and death,,, "

The health service is about life and death

over a year ago

The health service is about life and death"

Yeah I'd predicted someone might say that....... but then I thought to myself ...... nahhhhh surely not....

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Yeah I'd predicted someone might say that....... but then I thought to myself ...... nahhhhh surely not.... "

Mystic Soxy whats the outcome of all this going to be? I know you have the answer ready you little minx!

over a year ago

It doesn't matter which party is governing the nhs is going to implode. Over subscribed, for many reasons, older population, health tourists, large population. Under funded, again for many reasons, in my view not political reasons.

You can't keep spending what isn't there. You could raise taxes and it still wouldn't be enough.

I benefit from the nhs, but I can't see it being able to continue as it is and it has been that way for many years. Nobody has the answer, but whoever admits it cannot continue as is, will be a brave man or woman.

over a year ago

The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs? Jeremy hunt is in charge of running the nhs down, the aim is to make the privatisation look like a reasonable option for the public. This imposing conditions is only the beginning, the tories will impose conditions on other public sector, including the nurses.

over a year ago

Yeah I'd predicted someone might say that....... but then I thought to myself ...... nahhhhh surely not....

Mystic Soxy whats the outcome of all this going to be? I know you have the answer ready you little minx!"

I've really no idea mate.....

I just hope common sense wins the day and we end up with a better NHS....

Sometimes the younger generations desire for a fairer world can lead to a self imposed dissatisfaction when change requires a concession of principles on both sides ......

Sometimes we have to knuckle down to achieve our goals.... and the goal of becoming a Doctor is no different ......

over a year ago

"The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs? Jeremy hunt is in charge of running the nhs down, the aim is to make the privatisation look like a reasonable option for the public. This imposing conditions is only the beginning, the tories will impose conditions on other public sector, including the nurses."

Good point. As mentioned above it is our money that funds it so presumably when the NHS is privatised there will be lower taxes for all and we can all afford to pay the private health insurance. Hooray

over a year ago

Btw jeremy hunt is a bastard! I find it an insult with him wearing am nhs badge on his lapel. Cameron and his legion of bastards want a country based on greed, self interest, and the "shit on thy neighbour" attitude. Anyone who cant find work, the disabled, the weak? Fuck em! Thats what tory values are. i feel sorry for the who were fooled into voting for them and contempt for those who knew what would happen

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've removed posts. Please try to refrain from calling other forum users names... healthy debate is good.

over a year ago

"The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs? Jeremy hunt is in charge of running the nhs down, the aim is to make the privatisation look like a reasonable option for the public. This imposing conditions is only the beginning, the tories will impose conditions on other public sector, including the nurses.

Good point. As mentioned above it is our money that funds it so presumably when the NHS is privatised there will be lower taxes for all and we can all afford to pay the private health insurance. Hooray"

i would say your simple view is amusing. You really think everyone will have equal access to medical help with that system.

over a year ago

"The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs? Jeremy hunt is in charge of running the nhs down, the aim is to make the privatisation look like a reasonable option for the public. This imposing conditions is only the beginning, the tories will impose conditions on other public sector, including the nurses.

Good point. As mentioned above it is our money that funds it so presumably when the NHS is privatised there will be lower taxes for all and we can all afford to pay the private health insurance. Hooray i would say your simple view is amusing. You really think everyone will have equal access to medical help with that system. "

No not at all. But you missed the point. It's out money, we all pay taxes. We all pay for everything that those taxes are spent on. The junior doctors can strike and the railways can be nationalised and the steel industry and coal industry subsidised and whatever else you feel is appropriate and we will all pay. Except those that don't pay taxes, the homeless, the unemployed and Google.

over a year ago

"The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs? "

I think that is a bit of an extreme statement. I believe that a bit of research might show that Mr. Blair encouraged a great deal of PPI investment in the NHS, which we will continue to pay for over many years to come. Idealogically, the Tories are looking to get the best service that they can from the NHS (and privatisation does not figure in that). Mr Hunt may not be the best negotiator, for sure, but don't dismiss it as a "Labour are great and for the poor" v "Tories want to kill the working man" debate. That is unthinking.

over a year ago

Good point. As mentioned above it is our money that funds it so presumably when the NHS is privatised there will be lower taxes for all and we can all afford to pay the private health insurance. Hooray i would say your simple view is amusing. You really think everyone will have equal access to medical help with that system.

No not at all. But you missed the point. It's out money, we all pay taxes. We all pay for everything that those taxes are spent on. The junior doctors can strike and the railways can be nationalised and the steel industry and coal industry subsidised and whatever else you feel is appropriate and we will all pay. Except those that don't pay taxes, the homeless, the unemployed and Google."

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the government and civil servants don't make any money for HMRC, businesses do. The government doesn't have a wealth of oil revenues, or gold, or other commodities to subsidise the services we need so we, collectively, have to share that burden.

over a year ago

"I've removed posts. Please try to refrain from calling other forum users names... healthy debate is good.

"

I assume Jeremy Hunt is not currently a forum user.

over a year ago

"The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs?

I think that is a bit of an extreme statement. I believe that a bit of research might show that Mr. Blair encouraged a great deal of PPI investment in the NHS, which we will continue to pay for over many years to come. Idealogically, the Tories are looking to get the best service that they can from the NHS (and privatisation does not figure in that). Mr Hunt may not be the best negotiator, for sure, but don't dismiss it as a "Labour are great and for the poor" v "Tories want to kill the working man" debate. That is unthinking."

Having grown up on a council estate I can tell you that labour keeps the poor poor.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I've removed posts. Please try to refrain from calling other forum users names... healthy debate is good.

I assume Jeremy Hunt is not currently a forum user. "

Not as far as I know! He's a cunt!

over a year ago

"Btw jeremy hunt is a bastard! I find it an insult with him wearing am nhs badge on his lapel. Cameron and his legion of bastards want a country based on greed, self interest, and the "shit on thy neighbour" attitude. Anyone who cant find work, the disabled, the weak? Fuck em! Thats what tory values are. i feel sorry for the who were fooled into voting for them and contempt for those who knew what would happen"

I didn't realise you knew him personally

over a year ago

Not as far as I know! He's a cunt! "

You see that's my point...... Its so hard to find a rhyming word that goes with "Jeremy"...

over a year ago

Not as far as I know! He's a cunt!

You see that's my point...... Its so hard to find a rhyming word that goes with "Jeremy"... "

I am trying so hard to think of one but keep coming up with a wank. I mean a blank.

By *ildt123Man
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Couple of points about the NHS and an alternative for those who think a non publicly funded health system works.

The USA spends more per head than anywhere yet has one of the worst health care outcomes.

UK is the second lowest spender in Europe as a percentage of GDP.

So it performs well despite being under funded by successive governments.

As for all this weekend shite, room for some improvements yes, but a bit rich being preached at about weekends by a group of workers who have never sat in Parliament on a Sunday and three times on a Saturday since 1900!

Negotiate a settlement and provide extra staff to meet the extra service need, cut the endless waste in the middle admin like service commissioning teams, CQC, and the rip off in procurement if that's a bit tricky Jeremy do it at the weekend!

over a year ago

Good point. As mentioned above it is our money that funds it so presumably when the NHS is privatised there will be lower taxes for all and we can all afford to pay the private health insurance. Hooray i would say your simple view is amusing. You really think everyone will have equal access to medical help with that system.

No not at all. But you missed the point. It's out money, we all pay taxes. We all pay for everything that those taxes are spent on. The junior doctors can strike and the railways can be nationalised and the steel industry and coal industry subsidised and whatever else you feel is appropriate and we will all pay. Except those that don't pay taxes, the homeless, the unemployed and Google."

id love to know how tbe germans make money from our railways. Why can't we run them and make money for jourselves? Anyway.. When you pay taxes the government de ides wherw the money goes. Also when people were rolled into a&e i didnt think.. Hmmm i could do this for him/her but not enugh insuranc so I'll juzt shove him to one side.. I don't think i could that. I based my work on medical need, ot how much money they had. Thats why I'm not a tory

over a year ago

Knowing a lot of great people who work in the NHS i'm acutely aware of their stance in this - and it definitely has little to do with the money. Mistakes will be made and lives will be put at risk by staff making mistakes when exhausted. I will state now that if any such mistake causes a threat to the health or lives of my loved ones I will personally sue Mr. Hunt for negligence and do all I can to ensure he is imprisoned. While we all appreciate tough decisions have to be made where budgets are concerned - and i'm sure it's a difficult quandary for him - there is a line, and in this case he's making a HUGE mistake this time. I can see a lot of our best Doctors and Nurses abandoning the NHS - and then where will we stand?

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Jereny Cunt the Hulture Secretary?

over a year ago

No not at all. But you missed the point. It's out money, we all pay taxes. We all pay for everything that those taxes are spent on. The junior doctors can strike and the railways can be nationalised and the steel industry and coal industry subsidised and whatever else you feel is appropriate and we will all pay. Except those that don't pay taxes, the homeless, the unemployed and Google. id love to know how tbe germans make money from our railways. Why can't we run them and make money for jourselves? Anyway.. When you pay taxes the government de ides wherw the money goes. Also when people were rolled into a&e i didnt think.. Hmmm i could do this for him/her but not enugh insuranc so I'll juzt shove him to one side.. I don't think i could that. I based my work on medical need, ot how much money they had. Thats why I'm not a tory

"

Oh, I thought it was because you were a northerner but fair enough, I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoe (excuse the pun!)

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I agree with what Dan said...

Mr ddc

over a year ago

"Btw jeremy hunt is a bastard! I find it an insult with him wearing am nhs badge on his lapel. Cameron and his legion of bastards want a country based on greed, self interest, and the "shit on thy neighbour" attitude. Anyone who cant find work, the disabled, the weak? Fuck em! Thats what tory values are. i feel sorry for the who were fooled into voting for them and contempt for those who knew what would happen

I didn't realise you knew him personally"

didn't i mention? Lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/02/16 16:03:52]

over a year ago

Some of you lot are a bit to sickly....

Line on the left, one cross each!

over a year ago

"Btw jeremy hunt is a bastard! I find it an insult with him wearing am nhs badge on his lapel. Cameron and his legion of bastards want a country based on greed, self interest, and the "shit on thy neighbour" attitude. Anyone who cant find work, the disabled, the weak? Fuck em! Thats what tory values are. i feel sorry for the who were fooled into voting for them and contempt for those who knew what would happen

I didn't realise you knew him personally didn't i mention? Lol "

Haha

over a year ago

All this arguing won't get us anywhere. I'm putting the kettle on, tea anyone?

over a year ago

"Some of you lot are a bit to sickly....

Line on the left, one cross each!"

no I'm moderate, i don't agree with the far left either. One problem is some people assume far too much

over a year ago

"The tories are idiolically against state owned institutions. So why would the tories keep the nhs?

I think that is a bit of an extreme statement. I believe that a bit of research might show that Mr. Blair encouraged a great deal of PPI investment in the NHS, which we will continue to pay for over many years to come. Idealogically, the Tories are looking to get the best service that they can from the NHS (and privatisation does not figure in that). Mr Hunt may not be the best negotiator, for sure, but don't dismiss it as a "Labour are great and for the poor" v "Tories want to kill the working man" debate. That is unthinking."

actually i never mentioned labour, tony Blair etc.. The issue is about today and tbe future.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"All this arguing won't get us anywhere. I'm putting the kettle on, tea anyone? "

Just so long as it isn't proper, leaf tea. Every good Marxist knows all proper tea is theft...

over a year ago

Line on the left, one cross each! no I'm moderate, i don't agree with the far left either. One problem is some people assume far too much"

No I meant the "die off" has begun!

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I think that is a bit of an extreme statement. I believe that a bit of research might show that Mr. Blair encouraged a great deal of PPI investment in the NHS, which we will continue to pay for over many years to come. Idealogically, the Tories are looking to get the best service that they can from the NHS (and privatisation does not figure in that). Mr Hunt may not be the best negotiator, for sure, but don't dismiss it as a "Labour are great and for the poor" v "Tories want to kill the working man" debate. That is unthinking. actually i never mentioned labour, tony Blair etc.. The issue is about today and tbe future. "

With you mate but you have to understand its the blue timted glasses

over a year ago

I think that is a bit of an extreme statement. I believe that a bit of research might show that Mr. Blair encouraged a great deal of PPI investment in the NHS, which we will continue to pay for over many years to come. Idealogically, the Tories are looking to get the best service that they can from the NHS (and privatisation does not figure in that). Mr Hunt may not be the best negotiator, for sure, but don't dismiss it as a "Labour are great and for the poor" v "Tories want to kill the working man" debate. That is unthinking.

Having grown up on a council estate I can tell you that labour keeps the poor poor. "

They give hand outs to keep you hooked not a hand up to set you free

over a year ago

Line on the left, one cross each! no I'm moderate, i don't agree with the far left either. One problem is some people assume far too much.

No I meant the "die off" has begun!"

aah.. Right.

over a year ago

"

Yes, you removed mine, which was not name calling at all but an opinion on the op's posting style.

you're supposed to moderate, not censor!

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I always thought Hunt would make a great minister for rhyming slang

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Having grown up on a council estate I can tell you that labour keeps the poor poor.

They give hand outs to keep you hooked not a hand up to set you free "

I love the forums they are so funny

over a year ago

Cockney Rhyming Hunt.

You know he's just the meat shield for Camoron and Osborne to hide behind.

From Hotcourses to nationwide healthcare.

Nah.

By *abphilMan
over a year ago

sheffield

" Unfortunately the economic downturn and the massive cuts are only now kicking in.

Any suggestion that the public sector is coming out of it is a fairy tale.

The pot of money has been emptied and as a consequence so has the service.

No money=no service.

Doom and gloom sadly. "

And more doom and gloom

By *illwill69uMan
over a year ago

moston

There are 2 online petitions regarding him at the moment, the first:

Petition

Consider a vote of No Confidence in Jeremy Hunt, Health Secretary

Mr Hunt recently gave totally inappropriate advice to Google conditions before seeking medical opinion. He referred to Paramedics as Ambulance Drivers and has caused the first Doctors strike in years of the NHS. Mr Hunt is destroying all staff morale in the NHS & will cause recruitment issues.

This already has 215000 signitures, if you would like to add your name this is the link:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/12115

The second:

Petition

Jeremy Hunt to resume meaningful contract negotiations with the BMA.

this already has 98700 votes, and again if you would like to add your name this is the link:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/121262

both having more than 10000 signatures require the government to give consideration to holding a debate in parliament about them, I for one wait to see how No10 responds to them.

Post new Message to Thread