Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How much

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Of your clothing do you wear each year? Tons of it stocked up that rarely gets to see the light of day? Or sending it off, if it's not been touched in months? How does your clothes collection compare to the general amassing of everyday stuff?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My clothing and shoe collection get sorted frequently and what I've not worn for a while, or what i don't like go to the local charity shop

over a year ago

When I was in the US I had a set of winter clothes and a set of summer clothes and I would switch them out because they didn't all fit in my closet. When I left I donated it all.

Here, I only have what will fit in my closet. When I notice that I haven't worn something in a few months I bring it to a charity shop. So I don't have too many clothes anymore.

As for how it compares to other things I have, I suppose I buy more clothes than other things, but I think that is mostly because I don't really like "things" too much.

-Courtney

over a year ago

I used to amass clothes and had loads that I hardly ever wore but I run a pretty tight ship these days.

over a year ago

I wear it all. Once every few months something gets replaced and goes to local charity but I have favourites that will get worn to death and end up as dusting cloths.

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I have binges when I review the whole lot, sending stuff to my local hospice shop that I'm not likely to use.

But I have a tendency not to be frequent enough with this, so have lots more than I'll need/wear. This is similar to my growing collection of life tat. I've gone from being rather fastidious and in control of it to now relaxing about it. My uncluttered lifestyle is now on pause.

over a year ago

I may as well just have work clothes and pj's lol xx don't really go out unless it's shopping or work xx

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

My work drawer is full of plain black t's and polos..I go through so many in 12 months! !!..I realised the other week that I have 20yr old shirts that still look good, aren't out of style and I still wear!

By *etanreadyCouple
over a year ago

dover

Think I still have some shirts dating back to the 70's some where in the dark depths of my wardrobe

over a year ago

"I may as well just have work clothes and pj's lol xx don't really go out unless it's shopping or work xx"

I know exactly what you mean right now

over a year ago

"I may as well just have work clothes and pj's lol xx don't really go out unless it's shopping or work xx

I know exactly what you mean right now "

I'm on 12 hour shifts from today till Saturday then Monday to Friday next week x

over a year ago

I have a shocking amount of clothes In my defence, some of it is stuff that's too big and stuff that's too small - I haven't been a consistent size over the past 3 or 4 years. Need a bit of a cull though really.

over a year ago

I volunteer in a charity shop, so I now have a rule that if I buy 2 things I have to take 2 things back in to the shop.... Doing well so far xx

Post new Message to Thread