Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Those crazy yanks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So a man has been charged with "unlawful possession and transportation of an alligator" (yes that's a thing) after he chucked one through a drive thru window.

God Bless America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35534633

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And they don't even call biscuits,biscuits. They call them cookies.

Bunch o weirdos

over a year ago

America, the gift that keeps on giving haha

over a year ago

"And they don't even call biscuits,biscuits. They call them cookies.

Bunch o weirdos "

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Bunch o weirdos "

There was a question on Eggheads earlier, what do the Americans call waistcoats?

Answer....Vests.

over a year ago

In all seriousness, when transporting your alligator please make sure to follow all federal and state regulations.

over a year ago

"In all seriousness, when transporting your alligator please make sure to follow all federal and state regulations. "

Do you need a licence to throw alligators?

over a year ago

Bunch o weirdos

There was a question on Eggheads earlier, what do the Americans call waistcoats?

Answer....Vests. "

Sick bastards

over a year ago

"In all seriousness, when transporting your alligator please make sure to follow all federal and state regulations.

Do you need a licence to throw alligators? "

Probably. So if you wanna hurt someone, just get a gun. There are less regulations.

over a year ago

"In all seriousness, when transporting your alligator please make sure to follow all federal and state regulations.

Probably. So if you wanna hurt someone, just get a gun. There are less regulations. "

Well apparently they were friends and it was a practical joke. I guess that's how rednecks let off steam?

over a year ago

What about arming alligators?

Any law against that?

I know they have the right to arm bears or something like that

over a year ago

Probably. So if you wanna hurt someone, just get a gun. There are less regulations.

Well apparently they were friends and it was a practical joke. I guess that's how rednecks let off steam? "

Ha! I just looked and it was in Florida! That says it all really.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

Bunch o weirdos

Answer....Vests. "

What the heck do they call vests?

Sometimes I honestly think some work-experience dude dropped the manuscript for Noah Websters dictionary on the way to the printers and muddled all the pages

Mr.ddc

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

It will be a southerner

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"What about arming alligators?

Any law against that?

I know they have the right to arm bears or something like that "

Alligators have four legs, so they're essentially 'armless'....

(Sorry )

over a year ago

Well apparently they were friends and it was a practical joke. I guess that's how rednecks let off steam?

Ha! I just looked and it was in Florida! That says it all really. "

Lol

That's just mental.

Brits shit in their mate's fridges as practical jokes.

Americans throw alligators at their mate's.

Lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/02/16 20:49:31]

over a year ago

They call trousers, pants.

over a year ago

chipperoo now calls them bisquits

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"What about arming alligators?

Any law against that?

I know they have the right to arm bears or something like that

Alligators have four legs, so they're essentially 'armless'....

(Sorry )"

And the trouble really starts when they get completely legless

over a year ago

BAN ASSULT ALIGATORS

over a year ago

I didn't know Florida was full of crazies. My list of odd balls was:

Texas, California, Utah and Denver...

over a year ago

Texas, California, Utah and Denver..."

Seriously? Florida is #1 for crazies. Watch any American comedian.

over a year ago

Seriously? Florida is #1 for crazies. Watch any American comedian. "

The only things I know about it is that it's sunny, has a lot of old people and Cubans... maybe that's a deadly cocktail???

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

In all honesty one can have the most loyal bestest ever ever friend in the whole wide world BUT if they chucked an alligator at me there's no way would i try and catch the fucker..

actually how does one catch a thrown alligator..?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Seriously? Florida is #1 for crazies. Watch any American comedian. "

can vouch for that we went there years ago and some were dressed as mice, a weird looking dog and even a duck..

over a year ago

can vouch for that we went there years ago and some were dressed as mice, a weird looking dog and even a duck.."

Was it Halloween? I noticed that Americans don't feel compelled to actually dress up as ghouls and ghosts on Halloween. I saw this girl dressed up as snow white!?

Sup with that Courtney? Explain your crazy lot!!

over a year ago

"In all honesty one can have the most loyal bestest ever ever friend in the whole wide world BUT if they chucked an alligator at me there's no way would i try and catch the fucker..

"

Carefully.

Badoom ching!

over a year ago

"Was it Halloween? I noticed that Americans don't feel compelled to actually dress up as ghouls and ghosts on Halloween. I saw this girl dressed up as snow white!?

Sup with that Courtney? Explain your crazy lot!! "

We don't have to dress scary on Halloween. We don't do fancy dress parties so Halloween is our chance.

Our first Halloween in the uk was at Townhouse. We dressed up as fitness people. We showed up. Everyone was dressed as something scary. We got asked if our costumes were "an American thing."

over a year ago

in Lancashire

can vouch for that we went there years ago and some were dressed as mice, a weird looking dog and even a duck..

Was it Halloween? I noticed that Americans don't feel compelled to actually dress up as ghouls and ghosts on Halloween. I saw this girl dressed up as snow white!?

Sup with that Courtney? Explain your crazy lot!! "

October i think..

what was a bit strange was that they spoke too..

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"In all honesty one can have the most loyal bestest ever ever friend in the whole wide world BUT if they chucked an alligator at me there's no way would i try and catch the fucker..

Carefully.

Badoom ching! "

with big gloves..

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

"Was it Halloween? I noticed that Americans don't feel compelled to actually dress up as ghouls and ghosts on Halloween. I saw this girl dressed up as snow white!?

We don't have to dress scary on Halloween. We don't do fancy dress parties so Halloween is our chance.

Our first Halloween in the uk was at Townhouse. We dressed up as fitness people. We showed up. Everyone was dressed as something scary. We got asked if our costumes were "an American thing."

"

I went on a stag party to Magaluf a few years ago with some other Brits, a group of American's thought we were crazy for dressing up as women on a stag do.

over a year ago

"

But who changed the rules? Halloween is not a new thing, who was the first to break the tradition?

over a year ago

October i think..

what was a bit strange was that they spoke too.."

Don't get me started on how Americans speak, I need a fucking translator at work.

over a year ago

But who changed the rules? Halloween is not a new thing, who was the first to break the tradition? "

Probably us

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"

I've dressed up as Snow White and I'm not American. I've got the pictures I'm my friends gallery somewhere. So I wouldn't say it's all that crazy...

over a year ago

I've dressed up as Snow White and I'm not American. I've got the pictures I'm my friends gallery somewhere. So I wouldn't say it's all that crazy..."

Maybe you're crazy, too, and you just don't realize it

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I've dressed up as Snow White and I'm not American. I've got the pictures I'm my friends gallery somewhere. So I wouldn't say it's all that crazy...

Maybe you're crazy, too, and you just don't realize it "

No, I've been tested.

over a year ago

"So a man has been charged with "unlawful possession and transportation of an alligator" (yes that's a thing) after he chucked one through a drive thru window.

God Bless America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35534633"

McDonalds must have been short of burgers

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So a man has been charged with "unlawful possession and transportation of an alligator" (yes that's a thing) after he chucked one through a drive thru window.

God Bless America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35534633"

i had a bet with myself that the first 3 words of the story would be "a florida man"...... and what do you know!!!!! I win!!!!!

over a year ago

God Bless America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35534633

i had a bet with myself that the first 3 words of the story would be "a florida man"...... and what do you know!!!!! I win!!!!! "

What did you win?

By *unjamesMan
over a year ago

Banbury

[Removed by poster at 09/02/16 22:19:58]

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I didn't know Florida was full of crazies. My list of odd balls was:

Texas, California, Utah and Denver..."

Anything south has a good chance of crazy.

Californians tend to be a nice crazy though.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"We don't have to dress scary on Halloween. We don't do fancy dress parties so Halloween is our chance.

"

We sued to spend months dreaming up and making our costumes. And they were hardly ever scary.

By *unjamesMan
over a year ago

Banbury

Bunch o weirdos

Answer....Vests.

Sometimes I honestly think some work-experience dude dropped the manuscript for Noah Websters dictionary on the way to the printers and muddled all the pages

Mr.ddc"

Vests are called tank tops!

Don't ask me why

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/02/16 22:25:28]

over a year ago

Bunch o weirdos

Answer....Vests.

Mr.ddc

Vests are called tank tops!

Don't ask me why"

You guys call tank tops vests?!?

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Basically anything south of WDC on the east can be looniesville

over a year ago

"

not something you can plan.. Just a snap decision lol.. Get it? A snap..

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Tank tops and vests are different things though?

over a year ago

"Tank tops and vests are different things though?"

What would you call a vest in the uk?

over a year ago

Probably. So if you wanna hurt someone, just get a gun. There are less regulations. "

Now that I believe!

over a year ago

"Tank tops and vests are different things though?

What would you call a vest in the uk? "

a vest but chipperoo I think everyone is being a little insensitive to the fact you and marc are from York the new version that is

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

A tank top or sleeveless t-shirt.

In my mind a tank top is a sleeveless t-shirt that you wear when it gets really hot.

A vest tends to be white, often made of string, and is something men used to wear under their shirts. Not to be seen in public.

Though if seen in public one might make unpleasant assumptions about the person

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I NYC

over a year ago

In my mind a tank top is a sleeveless t-shirt that you wear when it gets really hot.

A vest tends to be white, often made of string, and is something men used to wear under their shirts. Not to be seen in public.

Though if seen in public one might make unpleasant assumptions about the person "

Oh! That's a wife beater. It's a type of male tank top...

over a year ago

I've just had a guy message who says he's originally from florida! After reading this thread I think I'd better say no thanks!

I don't know how to catch Alligators

over a year ago

"I've just had a guy message who says he's originally from florida! After reading this thread I think I'd better say no thanks!

I don't know how to catch Alligators "

alligator tastes lovely though

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I'm flying to Florida in about 3 weeks, do I need extra travel insurance for low flying gators.??

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Basically anything south of WDC on the east can be looniesville"

basically anywhere south of mason-dixie that isn't a suburb of a major city is basically nuts!!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm flying to Florida in about 3 weeks, do I need extra travel insurance for low flying gators.?? "

nope..... the thousands of boas and indian pythons that live in the swamps take care of the gators.....

between them and the zika mosquito's.....

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

I'd call it a vest obvs

Next you'll be telling me Marc doesn't have a special silk shirt with frilly cuffs that he wears solely for partaking afternoon tea in, you know, his tea-shirt...

I tried buying a tank-top on t'internet the other day (knitted, sleeveless jumper), I nearly ended up with the gun-turret of a bloody Sherman ffs

By *unjamesMan
over a year ago

Banbury

"I've just had a guy message who says he's originally from florida! After reading this thread I think I'd better say no thanks!

I don't know how to catch Alligators alligator tastes lovely though "

Don't think so I've tried it very earthy yuk

By *unjamesMan
over a year ago

Banbury

I'd call it a vest obvs

Next you'll be telling me Marc doesn't have a special silk shirt with frilly cuffs that he wears solely for partaking afternoon tea in, you know, his tea-shirt...

I tried buying a tank-top on t'internet the other day (knitted, sleeveless jumper), I nearly ended up with the gun-turret of a bloody Sherman ffs"

Lol

over a year ago

"[Vest removed by poster at 09/02/16 22:25:28]"

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

Though if seen in public one might make unpleasant assumptions about the person "

Ah that's the old string vest of Rab C Nesbitt fame.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

This is actually quite unpleasant.

[THREAD REJECTED]

over a year ago

"Basically anything south of WDC on the east can be looniesville

basically anywhere south of mason-dixie that isn't a suburb of a major city is basically nuts!!!"

Post new Message to Thread