Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

"God bless"

Jump to newest

By *ecretlyASoftie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

This was said to me by the bloke on the till as he gave me my receipt in tescos. I know there's a good intent behind it and while I'm not religious personally I certainly didn't take offence to it. I'm just not convinced this should be said in that circumstance. What's everyone think?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I tell my atheist ex that he's being a hypocrite when he says Bless you to someone who sneezes

He's so easy to wind up

over a year ago

Saying bless you to stop the devil snatching your soul as you sneeze

over a year ago

"I tell my atheist ex that he's being a hypocrite when he says Bless you to someone who sneezes

He's so easy to wind up "

And you don't enjoy it in the slightest *snigger* x

over a year ago

Eh. Coming from America, I'm used to it.

-Courtney

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

"Eh. Coming from America, I'm used to it.

-Courtney "

I have no doubt.

over a year ago

God bless those who say God bless!

over a year ago

Maybe he's seen my fab profile and thinks I need putting on a more godly path in life. Too late mate, waaayyy too late!!

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"This was said to me by the bloke on the till as he gave me my receipt in tescos. I know there's a good intent behind it and while I'm not religious personally I certainly didn't take offence to it. I'm just not convinced this should be said in that circumstance. What's everyone think? "

Why not? This is still a free country and we should all be grateful for that. We still have freedom of speech handed down by generations.

Anyone who thinks that his remark was out of order should get a life ffs.

In the paper today was a report that some politician wants rugby fans to stop singing Delilah! He states that the song is about violence to women!

OMG the worlds going mad,

We should embrace the fact that we (still) live in a tolerant, free and generous country and if someone says God Bless - well good for them.

over a year ago

"This was said to me by the bloke on the till as he gave me my receipt in tescos. I know there's a good intent behind it and while I'm not religious personally I certainly didn't take offence to it. I'm just not convinced this should be said in that circumstance. What's everyone think? "
don't see a problem at all

over a year ago

"This was said to me by the bloke on the till as he gave me my receipt in tescos. I know there's a good intent behind it and while I'm not religious personally I certainly didn't take offence to it. I'm just not convinced this should be said in that circumstance. What's everyone think?

Why not? This is still a free country and we should all be grateful for that. We still have freedom of speech handed down by generations.

Anyone who thinks that his remark was out of order should get a life ffs.

In the paper today was a report that some politician wants rugby fans to stop singing Delilah! He states that the song is about violence to women!

OMG the worlds going mad,

We should embrace the fact that we (still) live in a tolerant, free and generous country and if someone says God Bless - well good for them.

"

It doesn't mean anything anyway. It's just like the "have a nice day" crap that gets spouted by superficial types.

over a year ago

OP my family are Irish Catholic and my parents often say "Good Luck now and God Bless" when saying goodbye. It's just there way. In some parts of Ireland it wouldn't be an unusual thing to hear. It's a bit like "Take care".

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm agnostic, but used to like the way Dave Allen used to say "And may your god go with you" at the end of his programs

over a year ago

"OP my family are Irish Catholic and my parents often say "Good Luck now and God Bless" when saying goodbye. It's just there way. In some parts of Ireland it wouldn't be an unusual thing to hear. It's a bit like "Take care". "

Their not There dohh

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"OP my family are Irish Catholic and my parents often say "Good Luck now and God Bless" when saying goodbye. It's just there way. In some parts of Ireland it wouldn't be an unusual thing to hear. It's a bit like "Take care".

Their not There dohh"

over a year ago

I would see it as a blessing...... Unfortunately nowadays people would most likely get offended, I get offended when people are talking to me and come out with foul language in a sentence but it's where society is heading.

over a year ago

I like it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would just have read it as a pleasantry.

The actual meaning if you thought about it would never enter my head.

Now the young girl in the bank that calls me darling seems odd cause it stands out

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No different to people saying "oh my God" in my opinion.

over a year ago

People say God, Jesus, Christ and all sorts of phrases without ever thinking of religion.

It's probably a habit, and it's no different to someone saying "bless you" when you sneeze.

over a year ago

I don't mind, just because I wasn't blessed with the gift of faith, doesn't mean others can't rejoice in theirs, equally if someone said to me Allah be with you, or here chrishna (forgive my spelling) I wouldn't be bothered, but thats me

Post new Message to Thread