Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do women make an effort to keep in touch with established friends

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It's a generalisation and refers to no-one specific but it would be nice for guys to get a message first from a woman they chat to or even someone new ,Valentine's is coming girls make an effort

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I do to especially if I want to meet up with them again

over a year ago

Do men?

By *issy louWoman
over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

I definitely do, if I am interested in seeing them again

over a year ago

I most def do X X

over a year ago

I try to, but it does work both ways too.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I have to admit that I am no good at this.

If I don't hear from a guy I assume he's not interested and the last thing I am going to do is bug him by messaging.

over a year ago

DG May have some odes for you men, patience it's not Valentine's yet

over a year ago

"It's a generalisation and refers to no-one specific but it would be nice for guys to get a message first from a woman they chat to or even someone new ,Valentine's is coming girls make an effort "

I find its a good 50/50. Or maybe even 70/30 on their part when I've been busy at work!

over a year ago

Yeah I do, I have several friends that I have been friends with for years, may only meet up for a coffee now and again but always stay in touch......

Strangely I have more friends that regularly chat here than I do in vanilla life

over a year ago

"I try to, but it does work both ways too."

On the other hand I don't want to feel like I'm bugging them if I've not heard from them for a while.

over a year ago

Yes, I do. But established friends on here, for me, are people I've met or intend to meet, not just anyone I've swapped a few messages with to be polite.

And even "established friends" would drop off that list pretty sharpish if they started hassling or hounding me for not replying quickly enough. And I hope they'd do the same to me, because that's just needy.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm awful at it when I'm busy with work and Real Life™ stuff but I'd like to think actual friends wouldn't get their knickers in a twist about it. I assume if I haven't heard from someone in a while it's for a similar reason so don't really stress about it.

over a year ago

of course - but not just us women -

over a year ago

OP you've just started another thread about messages. Has someone not replied to you?

If nothing else the replies above must show you that apparent neediness isn't appealing.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Real friends I don't worry about messaging.

But guys you meet then never hear a word from I wouldn't message. I'd be sure I was bugging them.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 07/02/16 12:06:26]

over a year ago

I am bloody awful at messaging and replying sometimes so I can understand others being the same.

over a year ago

I don't often message someone first. I'm like that with everyone I know,not just men I'm seeing. I don't really have the kind of arrangements that warrants chatting though.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Only thing I chase are my dreams and my drinks lol

over a year ago

"It's a generalisation and refers to no-one specific but it would be nice for guys to get a message first from a woman they chat to or even someone new ,Valentine's is coming girls make an effort "

I have done. However I prefer the old fashioned way...a gentleman. Such as him opening doors for women, making the first move, asking her out on a date etc. Paying for the first date (socials from here don't necessarily count on this point. I've brought the first social coffee many times)

over a year ago

"Yes, I do. But established friends on here, for me, are people I've met or intend to meet, not just anyone I've swapped a few messages with to be polite.

And even "established friends" would drop off that list pretty sharpish if they started hassling or hounding me for not replying quickly enough. And I hope they'd do the same to me, because that's just needy. "

so you are saying a conversation is needy ? Messages form conversation which in turn are the basis of knowledge about that person to determine an attraction ,an intellectual stimulation ,conversation is the one thing I find difficult to reprocate on here

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I think I'm probably one of the lucky guys. My lady friends message me regularly and I message them regularly too. Whether they are just friends or potentially more, it's still the same and I like to keep in touch where possible. It's a lovely feeling though when you get a message out of the blue.

If anything I feel bad at times for not finding the time to message as much as I'd like but as someone else said, real life can get in the way sometimes. But if the friendship's geniune and there's some connection then the correspondence is unending.

over a year ago

"Yes, I do. But established friends on here, for me, are people I've met or intend to meet, not just anyone I've swapped a few messages with to be polite.

And even "established friends" would drop off that list pretty sharpish if they started hassling or hounding me for not replying quickly enough. And I hope they'd do the same to me, because that's just needy. so you are saying a conversation is needy ? Messages form conversation which in turn are the basis of knowledge about that person to determine an attraction ,an intellectual stimulation ,conversation is the one thing I find difficult to reprocate on here "

No. Conversation is not needy. Which is why that's not what I said.

But sending loads of subsequent messages if I haven't yet replied to the last one isn't conversation. It's the written equivalent of shouting in someone's face demanding they drop everything you're doing and answer you, or tugging at their sleeve like an annoying toddler.

And that is needy.

over a year ago

I find that if its a good friendship then its a bit of give and take, sometimes I'm busy, sometimes they are, everyone has their own life which can get in the way of keeping in touch.

If your meaning just a casual acquaintant from here, having seen the amount of messages one of my friends gets, in suprsised theres enough hours in the day to answer them let alone thinking about writing her own

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

There was a thread about this not so long ago and a lot of women on it said they do contact their friends and send first messages to men.

I often do.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

Think through life friends just drift away and move on we both have moved away from were we were born and grew up in the pub trade many year,s and moved with our job.

You don,t make many friends running pubs you find that out

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Think through life friends just drift away and move on we both have moved away from were we were born and grew up in the pub trade many year,s and moved with our job.

You don,t make many friends running pubs you find that out"

Gosh really? Some of my best friends still are people I met while running pubs. Depends on the area, type of pub and clientele I suppose

over a year ago

The women I've met or who I've got to know well, often message me first.

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

"Think through life friends just drift away and move on we both have moved away from were we were born and grew up in the pub trade many year,s and moved with our job.

Gosh really? Some of my best friends still are people I met while running pubs. Depends on the area, type of pub and clientele I suppose "

Not true friends they just use you

over a year ago

And even "established friends" would drop off that list pretty sharpish if they started hassling or hounding me for not replying quickly enough. And I hope they'd do the same to me, because that's just needy. so you are saying a conversation is needy ? Messages form conversation which in turn are the basis of knowledge about that person to determine an attraction ,an intellectual stimulation ,conversation is the one thing I find difficult to reprocate on here

But sending loads of subsequent messages if I haven't yet replied to the last one isn't conversation. It's the written equivalent of shouting in someone's face demanding they drop everything you're doing and answer you, or tugging at their sleeve like an annoying toddler.

And that is needy. "

established friends we are talking about remember ,so an established friend someone you've met and been intimate with is needy if they enjoy conversing with you ,I find that strange really ,I like to communicate and be thought about by my friends as I would think of them

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You started a similar thread the other day, you've already started one thread today.

By the things you say on here about messages I can understand why people stop chatting to you.

over a year ago

And even "established friends" would drop off that list pretty sharpish if they started hassling or hounding me for not replying quickly enough. And I hope they'd do the same to me, because that's just needy. so you are saying a conversation is needy ? Messages form conversation which in turn are the basis of knowledge about that person to determine an attraction ,an intellectual stimulation ,conversation is the one thing I find difficult to reprocate on here

And that is needy. established friends we are talking about remember ,so an established friend someone you've met and been intimate with is needy if they enjoy conversing with you ,I find that strange really ,I like to communicate and be thought about by my friends as I would think of them "

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Gosh really? Some of my best friends still are people I met while running pubs. Depends on the area, type of pub and clientele I suppose Not true friends they just use you "

If that the were case in my situation we wouldn't still be close years later. No one used me, friends or not they got no preferential treatment so no added bonus of being my friend apart from the fact I'm awesome

over a year ago

And that is needy. established friends we are talking about remember ,so an established friend someone you've met and been intimate with is needy if they enjoy conversing with you ,I find that strange really ,I like to communicate and be thought about by my friends as I would think of them

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply."

but don't you think that days more about you than them ?

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

You can count your true friends on one hand and have spare finger,s

over a year ago

And that is needy. established friends we are talking about remember ,so an established friend someone you've met and been intimate with is needy if they enjoy conversing with you ,I find that strange really ,I like to communicate and be thought about by my friends as I would think of them

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply. but don't you think that days more about you than them ? "

says

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply. but don't you think that days more about you than them ? "

what does it say about her, if I was getting umpteen messages a day from someone I wasn't replying to on here. I think it would say I'm not pandering to some weird stslkerish behaviour

What do you think it says about the person not replying?

over a year ago

"You started a similar thread the other day, you've already started one thread today.

By the things you say on here about messages I can understand why people stop chatting to you.

"

you have a tendency to believe everything I say is about me is that because you are self centred I wonder ,I'm just asking a question and expecting the usual abrasive comments hehe hey I know people judge others based on what they do ,I'm judged on my humour and my emojees but in person I feel I am totally different ,never judge a book by its cover

over a year ago

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply. but don't you think that days more about you than them ? says"

Not really, no. Why, what do you think it says about me?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"You started a similar thread the other day, you've already started one thread today.

you have a tendency to believe everything I say is about me is that because you are self centred I wonder ,I'm just asking a question and expecting the usual abrasive comments hehe hey I know people judge others based on what they do ,I'm judged on my humour and my emojees but in person I feel I am totally different ,never judge a book by its cover "

so you saying you sent around 15 messages to someome that weren't answered wasn't about you?

over a year ago

you have a tendency to believe everything I say is about me is that because you are self centred I wonder ,I'm just asking a question and expecting the usual abrasive comments hehe hey I know people judge others based on what they do ,I'm judged on my humour and my emojees but in person I feel I am totally different ,never judge a book by its cover so you saying you sent around 15 messages to someome that weren't answered wasn't about you?"

think that was rubywoo who mentioned 15 messages

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

you have a tendency to believe everything I say is about me is that because you are self centred I wonder ,I'm just asking a question and expecting the usual abrasive comments hehe hey I know people judge others based on what they do ,I'm judged on my humour and my emojees but in person I feel I am totally different ,never judge a book by its cover so you saying you sent around 15 messages to someome that weren't answered wasn't about you? think that was rubywoo who mentioned 15 messages "

on this thread, you've said it on another thread this morning

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

you have a tendency to believe everything I say is about me is that because you are self centred I wonder ,I'm just asking a question and expecting the usual abrasive comments hehe hey I know people judge others based on what they do ,I'm judged on my humour and my emojees but in person I feel I am totally different ,never judge a book by its cover so you saying you sent around 15 messages to someome that weren't answered wasn't about you? think that was rubywoo who mentioned 15 messages on this thread, you've said it on another thread this morning"

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/471807

over a year ago

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply. but don't you think that days more about you than them ? says

Not really, no. Why, what do you think it says about me?"

you said you would think something was wrong with your friends if they wanted to contact you and were persistent in doing so

over a year ago

What that says about me,when it happens,is I'm too busy to chat and don't want to get into a conversation until I have the time. Sometimes telling someone you are busy and will message when you can isn't enough. Those people can wait,and wait,and wait until they get the message that I don't drop anything important for anyone.

over a year ago

I don't have friends on here... I do message people first... If someone messages me more than once before I reply.. I don't reply at all... It's needy and quite pest like.. To me

My real friends.. We can go months without talking because of life in general Being hectic.. It changes nothing of our friendship

over a year ago

No, I don't make an effort.

Fuck 'em all.

-Courtney

over a year ago

"You can count your true friends on one hand and have spare finger,s"

over a year ago

"No, I don't make an effort.

Fuck 'em all.

-Courtney "

hehe chipperoo I agree

over a year ago

not really no

i dont really send messages to people i have met never mind people i haven't

i dont like to be a pest, i figure if they want to chat they will mail me, if they don't i take the hint

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

True story about friends

Middle of winter a little sparrow falls out of a tree it,s freezing to death it,s lying in the grass almost dead. A cow walks past and shits on the poor sparrow the warmth of the cow shit warms the sparrow up it starts to sing.

A cat walks past pulls the sparrow out the shit cleans all the shit of the sparrow and eats it.

The moral of this story is that someone that shits on you may not be your enemy some one that pulls you out the shit is not always your friend be warned

over a year ago

I do but when/if I receive one word replies or nothing at all I don't send another message, They are either busy or not really interested in chatting at that moment, I then usually wait for them to start the next conversation

over a year ago

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply. but don't you think that days more about you than them ? says

Not really, no. Why, what do you think it says about me? you said you would think something was wrong with your friends if they wanted to contact you and were persistent in doing so "

A real life example of this would go between two friends

X: "Hey Y, haven't heard from you in a while, how's things?"

X: "Everything ok, Y?"

(A few days, even weeks later) Y: "Hi, X, life is a bit crazy at the moment, catch up with you soon!"

Not:

(5 minutes later)

X: "Everything, OK, Y?"

(4 minutes later)

X: "Why aren't you answering me, what's up?"

(3 minutes later)

X: "I can see you're online, why haven't you replied to my messages"

(2 minutes later)

X: "Are you talking to your other established friends instead of me?"

(1 minute later)

X: "I know you're online"

(30 seconds later)

X: "?????????"

Y: "Oh FFS" *delete* *block*

There's a difference. And if you can't understand the difference between normal conversation or messaging and neediness, that says far more about you than it does about me or any of my friends real or imagined.

over a year ago

"I do but when/if I receive one word replies or nothing at all I don't send another message, They are either busy or not really interested in chatting at that moment, I then usually wait for them to start the next conversation "

You aren't a woman

over a year ago

Not really, no. Why, what do you think it says about me? you said you would think something was wrong with your friends if they wanted to contact you and were persistent in doing so

(A few days, even weeks later) Y: "Hi, X, life is a bit crazy at the moment, catch up with you soon!"

Not:

(5 minutes later)

(4 minutes later)

(3 minutes later)

(2 minutes later)

(1 minute later)

(30 seconds later)

There's a difference. And if you can't understand the difference between normal conversation or messaging and neediness, that says far more about you than it does about me or any of my friends real or imagined. "

hehe hey you obviously get that a lot then but maybe that's because you have too many on the books so you can't possibly give anyone your full attention ,a kid in a sweetshop

over a year ago

"I have to admit that I am no good at this.

If I don't hear from a guy I assume he's not interested and the last thing I am going to do is bug him by messaging."

Same here I hardley ever message guys first

over a year ago

Head, brick wall, I give up.

over a year ago

"Head, brick wall, I give up. "
awwww such a pretty head to ,don't bang it ,save it for your once a month messages

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

over a year ago

It's not strange in the slightest. If even my best friend, who I've been friends with since I was 3, started bombarding me with messages demanding to know why I hadn't replied to their previous messages...perhaps 10 or even 15...then I'd quickly wonder what the fuck was wrong with them and not want to reply."

They might be worried you were ill or something bad had happened and were concerned.

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"I have to admit that I am no good at this.

If I don't hear from a guy I assume he's not interested and the last thing I am going to do is bug him by messaging."

This is me too

over a year ago

"not really no

i dont really send messages to people i have met never mind people i haven't

i dont like to be a pest, i figure if they want to chat they will mail me, if they don't i take the hint "

hehe sorry you're just spoilt

over a year ago

Not really, no. Why, what do you think it says about me? you said you would think something was wrong with your friends if they wanted to contact you and were persistent in doing so

Not:

(5 minutes later)

(4 minutes later)

(3 minutes later)

(2 minutes later)

(1 minute later)

(30 seconds later)

There's a difference. And if you can't understand the difference between normal conversation or messaging and neediness, that says far more about you than it does about me or any of my friends real or imagined. hehe hey you obviously get that a lot then but maybe that's because you have too many on the books so you can't possibly give anyone your full attention ,a kid in a sweetshop "

'Too many on the books'?

Your constant snide comments about women on here get really boring.

over a year ago

I don't even text my mum back all the time....I'm hardly likely to be that concerned to chase people around on here. The ones i stay chatting to are the ones that understand that.

over a year ago

Not:

(5 minutes later)

(4 minutes later)

(3 minutes later)

(2 minutes later)

(1 minute later)

(30 seconds later)

There's a difference. And if you can't understand the difference between normal conversation or messaging and neediness, that says far more about you than it does about me or any of my friends real or imagined. hehe hey you obviously get that a lot then but maybe that's because you have too many on the books so you can't possibly give anyone your full attention ,a kid in a sweetshop

'Too many on the books'?

Your constant snide comments about women on here get really boring. "

hey you don't have to read or comment but if you do try not to get personal ,I'm not being personal its tongue in cheek

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Not:

(5 minutes later)

(4 minutes later)

(3 minutes later)

(2 minutes later)

(1 minute later)

(30 seconds later)

There's a difference. And if you can't understand the difference between normal conversation or messaging and neediness, that says far more about you than it does about me or any of my friends real or imagined. hehe hey you obviously get that a lot then but maybe that's because you have too many on the books so you can't possibly give anyone your full attention ,a kid in a sweetshop

'Too many on the books'?

Your constant snide comments about women on here get really boring. hey you don't have to read or comment but if you do try not to get personal ,I'm not being personal its tongue in cheek "

I have to say you often don't come across like that

over a year ago

Not:

(5 minutes later)

(4 minutes later)

(3 minutes later)

(2 minutes later)

(1 minute later)

(30 seconds later)

'Too many on the books'?

Your constant snide comments about women on here get really boring. hey you don't have to read or comment but if you do try not to get personal ,I'm not being personal its tongue in cheek

I have to say you often don't come across like that "

well I can assure you I am but then messaging can be ambiguous I suppose

over a year ago

Yes I try as much as I can x

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"The women I've met or who I've got to know well, often message me first."

Does that bother you?

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Anyone on our friends list we like to message and ALWAYS respond to their messages, they're our fab friends afterall.

over a year ago

"Anyone on our friends list we like to message and ALWAYS respond to their messages, they're our fab friends afterall."
hehe yes great attitude love that

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Most do!

over a year ago

"Head, brick wall, I give up.

Most do!"

hehe

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I message men I want to meet, whether they are on my friendslist or not. If they don't reply, I'll move on. I may message them again and, if they don't reply again, I remove them from my friendslist. I don't want to be a nuisance/bore to them.

over a year ago

Not:

(5 minutes later)

(4 minutes later)

(3 minutes later)

(2 minutes later)

(1 minute later)

(30 seconds later)

There's a difference. And if you can't understand the difference between normal conversation or messaging and neediness, that says far more about you than it does about me or any of my friends real or imagined. "

This is a good illustration of stalker-like, obsessive behavior.

over a year ago

this was the original thread question it went off subject a bit

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

Sometimes I don't reply to messages because I'm just not in the mood to chat, I want to sit quietly by myself and read the forums etc. I'm a quiet and often unsociable person and just want to be left alone in peace.

I'd really like it if our profiles had the option of not showing online, or not talking right now. Sometimes I just avoid the site because I don't want to talk. Sorry if that upsets anyone but it's just who I am.

Also sometimes my bf has signed into my account so it looks like I've been online when I haven't and i feel the pressure to answer messages from people who thought I was online.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Sometimes I don't reply to messages because I'm just not in the mood to chat, I want to sit quietly by myself and read the forums etc. I'm a quiet and often unsociable person and just want to be left alone in peace.

I'd really like it if our profiles had the option of not showing online, or not talking right now. Sometimes I just avoid the site because I don't want to talk. Sorry if that upsets anyone but it's just who I am.

Also sometimes my bf has signed into my account so it looks like I've been online when I haven't and i feel the pressure to answer messages from people who thought I was online."

Yes, I only like to chat on my computer keyboard, so I use the phone for 'read only' much of the time.

Post new Message to Thread