Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Air Ambulance

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So air Ambulances are paid for by public donations according to a programme we watched earlier. So my question is this if your car insurance or home insurance gave you an option of say paying an extra 20 pounds a year to pay for the use of this service in the event you needed it would you pay it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/02/16 22:44:01]

over a year ago

Yes air ambulance is funded by donations. I've raised abit for our local one. It's a vital service as is sea rescue too xx

over a year ago

Yes

over a year ago

I need to change my answer

I'd pay the money to support it not to have the option to use it over someone who hasn't paid the money

over a year ago

I'd rather donate separately. Don't see why it should be tied to home or car insurance.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The reason I ask if it was an option with your insurance would be that you may say pay 20 quid but in the event of a claim the full cost of operating the aircraft would be paid. So as an example your insurance would pay say 5 grand.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"So air Ambulances are paid for by public donations according to a programme we watched earlier. So my question is this if your car insurance or home insurance gave you an option of say paying an extra 20 pounds a year to pay for the use of this service in the event you needed it would you pay it."

I donate monthly to Air Ambulance but I hope I never need it, the option to voluntarily pay is already there.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I go for the lowest quote

over a year ago

"The reason I ask if it was an option with your insurance would be that you may say pay 20 quid but in the event of a claim the full cost of operating the aircraft would be paid. So as an example your insurance would pay say 5 grand."

A lot of rescues are for people away from home and not vehicle related though, like rescue missions or child accidents.

I think they're so important that they should be publicly funded. They saved a relative's life and provided pioneering emergency care.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"The reason I ask if it was an option with your insurance would be that you may say pay 20 quid but in the event of a claim the full cost of operating the aircraft would be paid. So as an example your insurance would pay say 5 grand."

They may want more than £20 for that?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I donate monthly as well. Nephew was airlifted last year after road accident, possibly saved his life!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ah this is interesting. The doctor who runs ours does it all completly volunterarly, the actual!hands on and awareness. I'm thankfully have never had to use them or anyone close but I have been witness to!them working. It just downright amazes me that all!the funding is completely donations and this has become the main local charity I support.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

I donate monthly to Dorset Air Ambulance and Devon and Cornwall Air Ambulance.

They got me to hospital after a motorcycle accident on 4th May 2004.

Will always be in debt to them

over a year ago

No. It's a disgrace that it depends on any form of donations.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

We give all our unwanted goods to them...Hopefully we'll never need them but the roads and terrain down here means road rescue can take forever.

over a year ago

"The reason I ask if it was an option with your insurance would be that you may say pay 20 quid but in the event of a claim the full cost of operating the aircraft would be paid. So as an example your insurance would pay say 5 grand.

A lot of rescues are for people away from home and not vehicle related though, like rescue missions or child accidents.

I think they're so important that they should be publicly funded. They saved a relative's life and provided pioneering emergency care."

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Concept would not work in practice.

over a year ago

"No. It's a disgrace that it depends on any form of donations."

It is, isn't it. Especially when you consider nations like Germany, the Netherlands, even little Belgium all have federally funded air ambulances

over a year ago

i used to childmind for a couple - the male half took 6 months out to be the anaesthetist on an air ambulance - is one charity i will donate to - as is the life boats

over a year ago

"Yes air ambulance is funded by donations. I've raised abit for our local one. It's a vital service as is sea rescue too xx"

over a year ago

"Concept would not work in practice."

I'd sacrifice a few quangos for it.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

Nice to see such a supportive thread .... Thank you xxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

I support the air ambulance too.....but I'm pretty sure it does not do the sea rescues.

That's the big yellow RAF sea kings such as those that fly out of RAF Valley where Prince William did a stint.

over a year ago

I donate £40 a month to air ambulance.... Never needed it... And hope I never will...

over a year ago

"No. It's a disgrace that it depends on any form of donations.

It is, isn't it. Especially when you consider nations like Germany, the Netherlands, even little Belgium all have federally funded air ambulances "

and on the congested roads these days - essential

over a year ago

"I support the air ambulance too.....but I'm pretty sure it does not do the sea rescues.

That's the big yellow RAF sea kings such as those that fly out of RAF Valley where Prince William did a stint."

The red helicopter serves land emergencies... The seating serves both land and sea emergencies..... For multiple traumas the police helicopters are also used xxxx

over a year ago

SeaKing

over a year ago

I don't drive but have raised money and donated over the years as they provide a invaluable sevice

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Concept would not work in practice.

I'd sacrifice a few quangos for it. "

But the majority would not

over a year ago

Absolutely, having seen them first hand during a remote accident, I wouldn't (and don't) hesitate.

over a year ago

"Concept would not work in practice.

I'd sacrifice a few quangos for it.

But the majority would not "

I bet they would if they knew about them. Quangos like BSO are silly, no need for them.

over a year ago

It would be pretty hard for the air ambulance to land in your average area,I'm sure the normal ambulance would be quicker.

Always donate to the air ambulance,I don't know any biker who wouldn't donate.

over a year ago

I personally think that in the event of an accident that was self inflicted (or avoidable) you should be made to pay for the Air Ambulance service. If you are in a car accident you - or their - insurance should pay for it.

Post new Message to Thread