Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Changing your opinions

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How often do your opinions/judgement on people change from reading comments or chatting in pm's,

Does it depend on how much you fancy them ?

Do you disregard something they have said that you didn't agree with/wound you up or for having a type of attitude you don't like just for a one off meet,

Fuck him/her just to get that desire out of your system ?

I would have one of meets but in most cases I would like repeat meets, And apart from the physical attraction if I don't feel there is a connection or similar personality I don't/won't pursue it any further just to meet them,

I was just interested to see if Men and Woman's opinions are different,

Ps. This isn't a White knight roll call

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've hoped someone's opinion of me may have been changed but after today, I fear I've lost her forever, I do have an intitial perception of people when reading threads but until I have an actual conversation with them myself, I can't really judge their character.

Needless to say I wasn't a fan of a lot of people here (and they're probably not fans of me) but I had grown to like a fair few people here now.

over a year ago

With Women I usually don't change my opinion, I'm not looking to meet Men but find my opinion on them changes a lot over time

over a year ago

My opinions of people do change with their posts. But its usually because I have to get used to certain people's posting style before I begin to like them. There is one person in particular I didn't like originally but who I now do like.

Whether or not I fancy them doesn't affect it. I usually only fancy people whose opinions I respect (not necessarily agree with) anyway.

-Courtney

over a year ago

You ask a few questions there, I got baffled by what you actually want to know.

My opinion would only change on someone if they were to be racist, seriously sexist, or victimising someone due to something personal. In these situations I wouldn't meet the person or converse with them If at same place.

I can put opinions aside on general day to day topics like politics, as I know we all have different beliefs. So in this situation, if I felt there was physical attraction I would meet them.

over a year ago

"With Women I usually don't change my opinion, I'm not looking to meet Men but find my opinion on them changes a lot over time"

My opinion of some women has changed quite drastically since being in the forums

over a year ago

I'm not sure what I was asking myself

What I was thinking didn't really come across in what I had written, Getting my point across is not my strong point

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Occasionally.

If someone makes a bad impression on me to begin with, I rarely change it.

If I block someone, I very rarely unblock them, although I have done it for the first time in ages recently.

If someone makes a good impression on me to begin with, I'll probably give them more of the benefit of the doubt.

If they don't make much of an impression it's very easy for me to be swayed either way, but once and impression is formed, it generally sticks.

Whether I think they are attractive or not doesn't factor in the decisions.

over a year ago

I only fuck ladys i connect with. Dont matter if there stunning,gorgeous etc. If i dont connect then theres no cock for them

over a year ago

I mostly find that my initial judgements of people are correct. Some just rub me up the wrong way and that is unlikely to change regardless of what they say. There are even people that i often mostly agree with but they just have something about them that i just can't stomach...I'm not an easy person to get on with...

over a year ago

We rarely form an opinion or judge anyone on this site. It's simply one manner of communication that can easily get lost in translation with the absence of other methods of communication when talking face to face, I.e. Para verbal, tone, volume etc etc etc.

Even attraction can be hard to form an opinion on for us, as we can be as much attracted to personality as we can to looks, and that's when our opinion has changed, having met people who we might not be massively attracted to and changed because of a great personality, or visa versa when we've fancied the arse of them but been turned off by their personality

over a year ago

"I'm not sure what I was asking myself

What I was thinking didn't really come across in what I had written, Getting my point across is not my strong point "

So rephrase? What are you actually trying to say OP?

C'mon spit it out?!

over a year ago

I don't think my opinion of anyone has changed for the positive: I tend to be very stubborn. People have put me off them though.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I have thought some people were twats and over a period of time, having read their posts, they confirmed it. Block button behaviours.....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm happy to admit I've had my opinion changed about people sometimes negative and sometimes positive. But if I really like someone and they say something i strongly have an opposing view to then it goes. Equally if i start of dislikening someone they can say something where as their view is the same as mine and I see them differently.

over a year ago

"I don't think my opinion of anyone has changed for the positive: I tend to be very stubborn. People have put me off them though. "

Challenge accepted... And yes, I'm prepared to lose lol

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I'm not sure that my opinion changes as such. But I find over time I get to 'know' people better from their posts on the forums.

Most of the regulars seem pretty decent.

Some regularly make me smile.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure that my opinion changes as such. But I find over time I get to 'know' people better from their posts on the forums.

Some regularly make me smile. "

Some regularly make me

over a year ago

Oh my opinion of people has changed over time on here and I'm pretty sure some people's opinion of me has changed on here too.

over a year ago

It can change from time to time and this does work both ways. I have liked some people initially and then when looking deeper I have changed my mind and vise versa... I also think though within the forums and lot can get lost in translation and people often find they get misunderstood.

over a year ago

We are relatively new to the forums and were quite shocked by some of the attitudes and language used, and initially were quite reactive to it. It's certainly made us realise that our families and friends, alongside the kind of jobs we do, insulate us a little from alternate opinions that are out there. It bothers us much less now, particularly when you realise it's mainly the same few people posting the same horrible stuff.

Certainty there are some who have made us think, and have altered early perceptions

over a year ago

Mine changes quite a bit, usually once we get chatting on Kik lol!

Also my opinion has changed whilst reading the forums x

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I don't often change my mind but am aware that I have a tendency to read too much into what might actually be a pretty innocuous statement. As a result I have on a few occasions started really liking (and fancying since if I like someone I tend to be attracted to them) someone I absolutely detested at first.

over a year ago

Some people I got to exchange messages with ended up being very different from how they painted themselves. I quickly went from enjoying the chat to wanting to stop it. For good. I've got very low tolerance to lies, bullshit and time wasters so the end result is always a permanent stay in my cosy block list

over a year ago

It's just words on a screen. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't. Can't think of anyone I really dislike. I like feisty people, not keen on sheep.

But words on a screen don't ever really show what a person is like 'in real life'.

over a year ago

I tend to form opinions of people based on what they say on here. Possibly totally wrong. Probably largely right (in my opinion anyway! And of course, my opinion is always right!!)

I have a view on who I'd get on with, who I wouldn't get on with, who I think the 'game players' are, the egotists, the shy understating types, the intelligent, not so intelligent, the ones that *think* they're intelligent but aren't so smart as they think etc etc

All based on what they write on an Internet forum!

So on that basis I'm sure I'll be totally wrong about most! But it's just pixels on a screen innit? It doesn't really matter

over a year ago

"It's just words on a screen. Sometimes I agree and sometimes I don't. Can't think of anyone I really dislike. I like feisty people, not keen on sheep.

But words on a screen don't ever really show what a person is like 'in real life'. "

By *iscellaneousCouple
over a year ago

Idle

Yes, I want to feel comfortable with the people I'm about to have sex with and their personalities affect whether I do or not. If I'm worried they aren't going to respect my boundaries or if they're into very different things to us or if they make me feel nervous through the things they say then I don't want to go there.MiscF X

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

"Occasionally.

If I block someone, I very rarely unblock them, although I have done it for the first time in ages recently.

If someone makes a good impression on me to begin with, I'll probably give them more of the benefit of the doubt.

If they don't make much of an impression it's very easy for me to be swayed either way, but once and impression is formed, it generally sticks.

Whether I think they are attractive or not doesn't factor in the decisions."

There I was thinking I was going to have to do battle with my tablet's keyboard and write a long post to adequately explain when along comes Dee and I can just say me too! Thanks Dee!

over a year ago

I find I can strongly agree with someone on a thread and then on another thread think....'Really'?!?!

To be honest though? it doesn't really bother me, I just think now I can't possibly agree with someone all of time. It would have to be a consistent feeling of WTF to put me off them totally.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple
over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

"I'm not sure that my opinion changes as such. But I find over time I get to 'know' people better from their posts on the forums.

Some regularly make me smile.

Some regularly make me "

I just wish I was regular

over a year ago

My opinions of people have changed depending on what they say and how they present themselves.

Some I might have been initially attracted to but have been put off because of something they have posted and some I am much more attracted to because of their posts or messages.

It's one of the reasons I like the forum so much it gives you a little insight into all the lovely peeps.

By *uny1122Man
over a year ago

longeton

Good Cary on I m a asain moor then 21 year lived in UK ,I wish they throw u out ,after that u know where r u ?!

over a year ago

"Occasionally.

Whether I think they are attractive or not doesn't factor in the decisions."

We are part of the chosen few then

In all seriousness , the op was a bit confusing .

We don't really mind too much about the impression we give off on the forum . A grand total of one meet in over a year from the forum !

But we are a bit disappointed when we find regular forum posters block us , and when a bit later they unblock us it makes us happy

over a year ago

"I find I can strongly agree with someone on a thread and then on another thread think....'Really'?!?!

To be honest though? it doesn't really bother me, I just think now I can't possibly agree with someone all of time. It would have to be a consistent feeling of WTF to put me off them totally.

"

I'm very much like this. I quite enjoy people that i can have a differing of opinion with without them being overly sensitive about things and then onto the next thread and i agree with them entirely.

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Good Cary on I m a asain moor then 21 year lived in UK ,I wish they throw u out ,after that u know where r u ?!"

I really like the Dutch translation of this;

Goede Cary op I m een semi-Longhair moor dan 21 jaar woonde in het Verenigd Koninkrijk, ik wou dat ze gooien u, na dat je weet waar bent u?!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I change my opinions of people and in life quite easily. I don't meet people who are not a good match and usually take a long period to meet. This means there is scope for deciding against meeting them.

I'm looking for regular meets too so if someone doesn't want this then it probably rules them out for me. I just like quality intimate experiences with people I connect with. It's unreasonable for me to meet when I don't see that experience happening.

People I've ruled out won't be likely to get another chance, unless meeting out in public and my thoughts change. On fab this doesn't happen.

over a year ago

I've had a lifetime of changing opinions, all for the better, I hate to admit it, but I used to have very racist attitudes towards Asian people, I thank all that is holy that I saw some real shit, and changed, wow that's still hard to admit.

On here there is one fourumite that used to rub me up the wrong way, but since I've found out more about them, and what their about, I have nothing but admiration and respect for them, and nothing to do with sex.

over a year ago

"I find I can strongly agree with someone on a thread and then on another thread think....'Really'?!?!

I'm very much like this. I quite enjoy people that i can have a differing of opinion with without them being overly sensitive about things and then onto the next thread and i agree with them entirely. "

over a year ago

if we were chatting to meet rarely an initial poor impression is reversed - but some people we thought were nice has altered by a comment or two - and i have to say this is when we have been in the chatrooms (and that isnt often) - when they message you they have time to think out responses - in chat they blurt out their true self - well definitely in one case it was

over a year ago

"How often do your opinions/judgement on people change from reading comments or chatting in pm's,

Does it depend on how much you fancy them ?

Do you disregard something they have said that you didn't agree with/wound you up or for having a type of attitude you don't like just for a one off meet,

Fuck him/her just to get that desire out of your system ?

I would have one of meets but in most cases I would like repeat meets, And apart from the physical attraction if I don't feel there is a connection or similar personality I don't/won't pursue it any further just to meet them,

I was just interested to see if Men and Woman's opinions are different,

Ps. This isn't a White knight roll call

"

hey you can't help read a comment and form an opinion, women in forums who I've never spoken to but having said that probably never would have blocked me based on my sense of humour ,a little harsh I think but I think most guys would struggle to say anything negative to a woman they fancy why would you in a world where men out number women by such a huge margin ,threads started by women always tend to be the most popular unless they are diet threads which only generally attract women's comments ,me personally I try not to allow comments here to affect me as we are none of us the same as our written word ,nobody knows anyone until they meet

Post new Message to Thread