Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Psoriasis if the scalp!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had a number 1 back and sides and my mate pointed out all my red sore looking spots on my scalp! Took a picture and it looks shocking!! Horrible red spots everywhere! Does anyone else have this issue?!?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

As if the barber never told me!

By *rcticstarWoman
over a year ago

Corsham

Try Tgel shampoo or argan oil shampoo and conditioner. Both work a treat. I have psoriasis but not just on my scalp. Just over a year ago 60% of my body was covered so I know what you're going through x

By *rcticstarWoman
over a year ago

Corsham

Try Tgel shampoo or argan oil shampoo and conditioner. Both work a treat. I have psoriasis but not just on my scalp. Just over a year ago 60% of my body was covered so I know what you're going through x

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I had some special shampoo from the doctor. Smelt horrid but worked wonders. Now I just dye my hair has the same effect

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is why you should always wear a swim cap when muff diving!

By *ngeluk69Woman
over a year ago

Near enough

I have dermatitis on my scalp, can be very uncomfortable, I'd recommend a visit to your GP who will diagnose it properly and give you correct treatment.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

The gel is good but I find it a bit harsh so mix it with some good dandruff shampoo.

I also find using a good dandruff shampoo inbetween flare ups keeps everything calmer, though my problem is eczema not psoriasis.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

T gel not the gel!

By *rcticstarWoman
over a year ago

Corsham

That was the only part I didn't get psoriasis lol x

By *rcticstarWoman
over a year ago

Corsham

"T gel not the gel! "
yes I know just forgot the space. Oh dear oh dear. Silly me

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm wondering if something more natural would help, like Neil's Yard nettle shampoo?

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Go to your GP for a proper diagnosis .... its quite common ... he will give you the correct treatment ...good luck OP

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

t gel doesn't work for everyone... i have it on the top of my head.... it is way to harsh for my head and basically burnt the scalp...

so i had to go in the other direction... aloe vera shampoos and gels.... were it soothes the skin...

By *rcticstarWoman
over a year ago

Corsham

You have problems with auto correct too? Glad I'm not the only one lolx

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I'm wondering if something more natural would help, like Neil's Yard nettle shampoo? "

Lush do a solid shampoo which is really good. It smells like tar due to cade oil.

Or try the black soap they make if you don't really have any hair.

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

Switch to an sls free shampoo.. Could be contact dermatitis..

Sodium lauryl sulfate (sls) and its sister compounds . Ammonium lauryl Sulfate are renound for causing reactions similar to the one you've written about.

Try liquid castile soap... It's very mild, versatile, can be used for anything in terms of cosmetic cleansing you can think of, no sls or synthetic detergent compounds in the various formulations.

Dr bronner's castile soap is relatively widely available , and reasonably priced, try the mild unscented to start with.

By *onnybag69Man
over a year ago

East Manchester

yes i have a similar problem i do use E45 scalp shampoo it does seem to help a little don't think there's any thing on the market that can shift it permanently i also use E45 cream to keep my scalp moist

over a year ago

That's guys much appreciated I'll nip to chemist after work tomorrow. More bothered about aesthetics, it looks really bad! Can't even hide it lol

over a year ago

Also it may sound random but don't wash your scalp too often, you can wash it too often which means the follicles in the scalp will work overtime to produce sebum as it dries the scalp out. A bit of a catch 22, it can be hard to tell if it's because you wash your hair too much or need to add moisture to your scalp x

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

Handmade Naturals do very gentle cleansers and shampoos in a psoriasis blend.

They're a great little brand based in Cheshire.

By *uteLittleGeekWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Anyone suffering with psoriasis for long time and and manage it , contact me for details of a proven Spa / hospital .

My brother suffered from worst type of psoriasis . Very rare one and whole body was covered and his scalp . Only face and ears were free of it .

We tried everything what doctored advised us .

Sea and sun do help a lot and we used to spend 30 or more days on the beach holidays . As soon as we returned home his condition reappeared .

We have heard of this spa and went for the consulation .

He is now psoriasis free.

By *anchestercubMan
over a year ago

manchester & NI

In the meantime you could try Aveeno Skin Relief lotion/cream.

I saw it featured in a magazine and it's now my standard moisturiser. Even though I don't have problem skin I love it.

By *enny79TV/TS
over a year ago

chesterfield

"Just had a number 1 back and sides and my mate pointed out all my red sore looking spots on my scalp! Took a picture and it looks shocking!! Horrible red spots everywhere! Does anyone else have this issue?!?!"

By *enny79TV/TS
over a year ago

chesterfield

"Just had a number 1 back and sides and my mate pointed out all my red sore looking spots on my scalp! Took a picture and it looks shocking!! Horrible red spots everywhere! Does anyone else have this issue?!?!"

I use betnavate solution but has to b prescribed by gp x

over a year ago

sounds like u need some oilatum shampoo from ur drs

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

Another relatively cheap way of soothing dermatitis / psoriasis..

Get some oats from the cupboard (plain oats that haven't been adulterated with anything.. Eg Quaker, Scots) mix into a thick paste using tap water, apply topically to the affected areas , put a shower cap on after applying. Leave on for the night.

Rinse off in the morning with tepid water (don't use shampoo! Just tepid water!). Repeat for a few nights.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I agree on using oats, as they very quickly soothe your skin and seem to lead to healing.

I'd use a soak in the bath - it will nourish your body too - keeping your scalp underwater for as long as possible. A 5 mins soak will provide some good care. Don't use hot water, as this will irritate your skin even more - a comfortable temperature is better.

I find winter a tough time, due to harsh air conditioning and heating as well as cold weather and winds.

Eat plenty of fresh fruit, as your vitamin intake may be lower, which could slow yourskins ability to heal.

Using oats daily for a couple of weeks would likely show a massive improvement. Half to a cup full in a sock, soaked in the bath - allowing it to be absorbed into the water - would be fine.

Your vitamin B levels are also likely to be deficient, due to insufficient sunlight for a few months, as it's winter - take a supplement if you can.

And see your GP for a diagnosis.

Post new Message to Thread