Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pneumonia

Jump to newest

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

I've had it a month now with nearly being in hospital , am better but still have it on my lung so painful at times

How long should it last ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My mum had it off and on for 3 months she was put on God knows how many anti biotics go see a doctor if it's not clearing

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"I've had it a month now with nearly being in hospital , am better but still have it on my lung so painful at times

How long should it last ? "

I have no medical knowledge but I do know it is very dangerous. You must keep seeing your GP and go to A&E if you feel dealt bad.

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

*should be really bad

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

Yeah am on my second lot of antibiotics , my chest feels awful I do keep seeing the doctor each week although I do feel like he is not doing enough

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's no help now but, once cleared up, get the pneumonia jab - it could keep you immune for life from the common strains.

Hope you recover soon!

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

Thx Sophie xx

By *tillup4funMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Yeah am on my second lot of antibiotics , my chest feels awful I do keep seeing the doctor each week although I do feel like he is not doing enough "

Are you getting stabbing pains in your back if you are go to A & E I had it bad 20 years ago took 3 weeks to get rid of it

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Thx Sophie xx"

You're welcome. Having it once was enough for me to never want it again.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Hubby was very ill some years ago. Was in hospital for 10 days on antibiotic drip, so quite nasty. Took him 6 months to fully recover. Hope you are better soon!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I've had it a month now with nearly being in hospital , am better but still have it on my lung so painful at times

How long should it last ? "

I had it this time last year.... and ended up being with hospital as it also had the side effect of fluid weeping into my lung...

I ended up being off work for basically 2 months.... my doctor said take it slowly (and do, because it really does wipe you out!!!!!) and can take up to a year to make a proper 100% recovery

By *rai69Man
over a year ago

Colchester

it will take time, doctor cant just wave a magic wand.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"it will take time, doctor cant just wave a magic wand."

this.... the one thing that sticks with me being on the hospital wad was the amount of people that came back in with it , and they all said they same thing...

went back to work way too early and overpushed it!!!!

each day will get better... but you don't get paid to be a superhero....

By *uby0000Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

had it last year and was in hospital for 3 weeks with that and other health problems

have had no end of chest infections this year ....OP keep going back to your gp good luck

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

Thx , yeah I got it the start of Jan , nearly got hospitalised although I think I should have

I have a stabbing pain in my chest regularly so that's not great and yes am wiped out

My job is a postie so you can imagine it's tough to do that lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Thx , yeah I got it the start of Jan , nearly got hospitalised although I think I should have

I have a stabbing pain in my chest regularly so that's not great and yes am wiped out

My job is a postie so you can imagine it's tough to do that lol "

you look after yourself. I lost my sister with pneumonia but she did also have other underlying health issues. Take care and don't hesitate to get more help. That's what doctors are there for xx

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

"Thx , yeah I got it the start of Jan , nearly got hospitalised although I think I should have

My job is a postie so you can imagine it's tough to do that lol you look after yourself. I lost my sister with pneumonia but she did also have other underlying health issues. Take care and don't hesitate to get more help. That's what doctors are there for xx"

Sorry to hear about your sister

And thank you I will do xx

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Are you working now ? You need time off and rest in the warm. I had it for about 5 weeks last Jan/Feb. As someone earlier has said make sure you take it easy.

Since then I have joined a Singing for Lung Health group. They teach you exercises to use the whole of your lungs to breath. Made a huge difference to me. I rarely get chest infection now and I fight them off far easier. Look up British Lung Foundation website. There maybe some useful info for you now.

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

"Are you working now ? You need time off and rest in the warm. I had it for about 5 weeks last Jan/Feb. As someone earlier has said make sure you take it easy.

Since then I have joined a Singing for Lung Health group. They teach you exercises to use the whole of your lungs to breath. Made a huge difference to me. I rarely get chest infection now and I fight them off far easier. Look up British Lung Foundation website. There maybe some useful info for you now. "

No I got a sick note off the doctor yesterday for 2 weeks and esp since the weather is damp and wild these days

And thx I will also look into that xx

over a year ago

"Yeah am on my second lot of antibiotics , my chest feels awful I do keep seeing the doctor each week although I do feel like he is not doing enough "

My daughter had it last year, originally they said it was only a chest infection.... We were lucky that I got her in to see my doctor who rushed her to hospital.

The xray confirmed it.... She had antibiotics via drop for 48hrs then home with antibiotics for another two weeks.... We had to hospital back to hospital every 3 days to have her bloods checked to make sure the infection was clearing... She then had an xray at 6wks to check all was ok.

It's a year this month and even now she gets tired quick and unfortunately when she had a cold couple wks ago she did suffer.

Please go back to your docs as they can check via a blood test to see if the infection is clearing etc xx

over a year ago

"Yeah am on my second lot of antibiotics , my chest feels awful I do keep seeing the doctor each week although I do feel like he is not doing enough

My daughter had it last year, originally they said it was only a chest infection.... We were lucky that I got her in to see my doctor who rushed her to hospital.

The xray confirmed it.... She had antibiotics via drop for 48hrs then home with antibiotics for another two weeks.... We had to hospital back to hospital every 3 days to have her bloods checked to make sure the infection was clearing... She then had an xray at 6wks to check all was ok.

It's a year this month and even now she gets tired quick and unfortunately when she had a cold couple wks ago she did suffer.

Please go back to your docs as they can check via a blood test to see if the infection is clearing etc xx"

My daughter got pleurisy on top of the pneumonia due to it not being treated correctly at the start xx

over a year ago

My job is a postie so you can imagine it's tough to do that lol you look after yourself. I lost my sister with pneumonia but she did also have other underlying health issues. Take care and don't hesitate to get more help. That's what doctors are there for xx

Sorry to hear about your sister

And thank you I will do xx"

By *oxym OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

cramlington

"Yeah am on my second lot of antibiotics , my chest feels awful I do keep seeing the doctor each week although I do feel like he is not doing enough

Please go back to your docs as they can check via a blood test to see if the infection is clearing etc xx

My daughter got pleurisy on top of the pneumonia due to it not being treated correctly at the start xx"

I had pleurisy before and that's nasty too , hope your daughter is well now and wraps up in cold weather

I am getting exhausted quickly my sex life is shit :p but that's not important my health comes first x

over a year ago

My daughter got pleurisy on top of the pneumonia due to it not being treated correctly at the start xx

I had pleurisy before and that's nasty too , hope your daughter is well now and wraps up in cold weather

I am getting exhausted quickly my sex life is shit :p but that's not important my health comes first x"

She's definitely stronger than she was thank you.

I think rest is very important xx

over a year ago

I had it years ago and was off work for 5 weeks in total. 2 long courses of antibiotics. It totally floored me, doesn't sound as if mine was as bad as yours though. Keep going back if not cleared up.

Post new Message to Thread