Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

what's it all about?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

men who say they have read your profile and message anyway, even though they are not suitable?

in my case, they are always too short/too far away or too old/young but as a polite person I always reply with a 'no thankyou' as its common curtesy but I'm beginning to think its a thankless task...maybe I should just block and be done with it!!

rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a form email they send to everyone. "I read your profile and I think we are looking for similar things..."

- Courtney

over a year ago

Don't take it personally. Its commonly known as the Buckshot method. Just blast that message at everything within range...it then becomes statistics.

200 messages : 20 replies (even if just a polite no thanks)

20 second messages: 10 replies - now its a conversation

10 3rd messages:2-3 possible meets. Result!

over a year ago

"It's a form email they send to everyone. "I read your profile and I think we are looking for similar things..."

- Courtney "

it's not that...they usually say things like ' I would be the same height as you in heels'....or 'I can bring my own stepladder' or the most inappropriate one which we all know is wrong 'we are all the same height lying down'

over a year ago

"Don't take it personally. Its commonly known as the Buckshot method. Just blast that message at everything within range...it then becomes statistics.

10 3rd messages:2-3 possible meets. Result!"

in that case, blocking is the way forward

over a year ago

"Don't take it personally. Its commonly known as the Buckshot method. Just blast that message at everything within range...it then becomes statistics.

10 3rd messages:2-3 possible meets. Result!

in that case, blocking is the way forward "

Take it on a case by case basis..if its an obvious

Hey [insert name] kind of message then fine but sometimes us men are just a bit thick and miss stuff. Or it could be viewing your pics is not conducive to cerebral intellectualism.

over a year ago

"It's a form email they send to everyone. "I read your profile and I think we are looking for similar things..."

- Courtney

it's not that...they usually say things like ' I would be the same height as you in heels'....or 'I can bring my own stepladder' or the most inappropriate one which we all know is wrong 'we are all the same height lying down'

"

Ah. Those are the people who read your "looking for" summary and specs. and none of the rest of your profile.

I respond to almost everyone who messages, too. I say almost because even I have started just deleting the ones that don't fit our basic preferences (like age, for example).

I guess you have to decide how much you'd like to compromise your own politeness for their lack of it.

-Courtney

By *ylonhunterMan
over a year ago

uk

- Courtney "

Can I copy this and paste it to everyone

over a year ago

Your not looking at it from thier point of view, they probably really need a shag

over a year ago

Most definately a block by the sound of it .

Having been on here for over a year now , we don'tget anywhere the volume of mail that we did in the first few months .

However the block list is a big part of why !

over a year ago

"Your not looking at it from thier point of view, they probably really need a shag"

no shit, sherlock

over a year ago

"Your not looking at it from thier point of view, they probably really need a shag

no shit, sherlock "

Your lack of empathy for a strangers primal need to empty his balls in/on a receptive female is disturbing

over a year ago

"Your not looking at it from thier point of view, they probably really need a shag

no shit, sherlock

Your lack of empathy for a strangers primal need to empty his balls in/on a receptive female is disturbing "

I quite agree, talk about being self centred

over a year ago

Profiles have text?

over a year ago

Alfie?

over a year ago

we chatted to a couple for a while - they were similar in many ways apart from one specific - we worked around it - great fun

Post new Message to Thread