Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bad news

Jump to newest

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

Basically just had the results of some test from the hospital and basically i will have life long disability. I just want to hear from people in a similar position on fab just to find out their experiences of swinging, best places etc anything useful. Perfectly happy to read in forum or get pm's. Help would be appreciated. Yes i do need to change my profile

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Maybe if you could say something about what it is then people in a similar boat could help?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm so sorry to hear that OP sending hugs

over a year ago

"

Maybe if you could say something about what it is then people in a similar boat could help?"

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"

Maybe if you could say something about what it is then people in a similar boat could help?"

Long story nerve damage mainly affects walking, balance but everything else works

over a year ago

"Basically just had the results of some test from the hospital and basically i will have life long disability. I just want to hear from people in a similar position on fab just to find out their experiences of swinging, best places etc anything useful. Perfectly happy to read in forum or get pm's. Help would be appreciated. Yes i do need to change my profile"
Life changing so first thing to do is go on fab and ask strangers about swinging.....sorry about your news but cant really take posts like this seriously

over a year ago

Shit news fella. Hope its nothing too restrictive or painful...

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

" I'm so sorry to hear that OP sending hugs "

Thank you

over a year ago

Sorry to hear...

Is ur cock OK though? X

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I feel for you OP, hopefully it won't be too life changing for you. At times like these all kinds of thoughts will be going across your mind. If you manage to stay mobile everything in life will be easier for you.

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"Sorry to hear...

Is ur cock OK though? X"

Last time i looked

over a year ago

I have nerve damage below the knees and find it hard to feel anything at all in that area. Which sounds quite innocuous but when your legs getting burnt or such like it becomes a problem because you can't feel it.

Was a bit of a bummer thinking about living with it long term but I have learnt to get along with it and have a slight wobble when I walk.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When you say best places, do you mean wheelchair friendly or ones that are not up lots of stairs?

Will it affect how you meet people? Would there be any special preparation the person you meet would have to do.

I would put a brief message on your profile explaining you have a mobility issue and that you will explain fully as needed.

Also as a swinging site you will have to be prepared that it could put some people off, but on the positive side there are many people on here with a range of disabilities having a whale of a time.

It's all new to you at the moment, your probably still in shock.

Feeling sorry for yourself (as you have a right to).

Take a step back, see how things go in general day life, there may be things it affects more than others.

Get to know your disability its all going to take a it of time.

Good luck

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

Very sorry to hear that.

Wish you the best.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

The best of luck, OP. Disability isn't great news, but it could be worse. There is still a chance to have fun with life.

over a year ago

my daughter has a non curable illness and at times it totally takes over our lives - but most of the time its manageable - i know many on here have things they live with - you have only just got this news so its raw - hopefully you will adjust and manage to live well

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear...

Is ur cock OK though? X

Last time i looked"

So you could be worse lol...

Hope you get better!

over a year ago

Ok. Been there very recently.

I have a terminal condition that I was diagnosed with a year ago. It has also robbed me of my old self. I am no longer the invincible person I was. I also have balance problems and deafness.

For me the best way to deal with it is through humour. There's a lady comedian, I can't think of her name, who has cerebral palsy. She says she doesn't have a disability, she's just a bit wobbly. I like that way of thinking.

The most important thing is to take time to get used to it. You almost have to grieve for your old self. A year on I still get huge down days where life just seems so unfair. But they are getting less as time goes on.

As for swinging, well it's not made any difference in that respect. In fact I find it quite a good ice breaker.

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I was diagnosed with a life-long disability about 3 years ago now. It effects me on a small scale daily, and on a large scale when I do too much. I've learnt to pace myself.

After the initial despair I learnt of a few ways of coping with my condition and try to implement them as much as possible.

Re swinging/sex, there are a few things I just can't do. I know my limitations. If anyone has an issue with that I wouldn't bother meeting them.

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

"

Maybe if you could say something about what it is then people in a similar boat could help?

Long story nerve damage mainly affects walking, balance but everything else works"

Diabetic nerve damage?

Have an aunt with that, she swears by b12 and b6.. Everyone's different though, it'll be an adjustment but you'll adapt .. Meanwhile, who knows what medical reparative treatments lay on the horizons? Xx.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Sorry to hear that op... I can't offer any empathy, however I see my mum daily who has a degenerative condition that isslowly killing the nerves in her spine, she's learned what she can and can't do, every so often she has to make adjustments because she can't physically do those things anymore,

You'll have to do the same... Learn and adjust...

over a year ago

Ahh OP sorry to hear that. Having a disability is a bit of a shit, but once you know your limitations you can work around it. I was diagnosed with MS four years ago. I was totally pissed off if I am honest. But over time I have learned how to live with it. The most annoying thing about it for me is that I never know how I am going to feel on a given day, or when a big relapse will rear its unwelcome head and it's very hard to plan ahead. But other than that, it is what it is and I just throw myself into stuff just in case it becomes impossible to do at a later date

A xx

By *abphil OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts mwah x

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Ok. Been there very recently.

I have a terminal condition that I was diagnosed with a year ago. It has also robbed me of my old self. I am no longer the invincible person I was. I also have balance problems and deafness.

For me the best way to deal with it is through humour. There's a lady comedian, I can't think of her name, who has cerebral palsy. She says she doesn't have a disability, she's just a bit wobbly. I like that way of thinking.

The most important thing is to take time to get used to it. You almost have to grieve for your old self. A year on I still get huge down days where life just seems so unfair. But they are getting less as time goes on.

As for swinging, well it's not made any difference in that respect. In fact I find it quite a good ice breaker."

Francesca Martinez. I've seen her do a couple of talks. I don't find her that funny, but her insights on disability a her life are really interesting.

I have a bit of a crush on her!

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

"Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts mwah x"

What type of condition where you diagnosed with though?

You never know, there might be another fab member with the same thing that can offer tips, coping strategies..

Good luck anyway. ..

Post new Message to Thread