Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

clean 9 detox

Jump to newest

By *ripleXrateD OP   Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Does anyone have any good diet knowledge?

I have a friend who recently completed stage 1 of the diet and really did lose 12 pounds in 9 days.

My question is was this a fluke or does it really work and also this can't be safe is it.

Xxxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This is the aloe vera thing, isn't it? I read it up after a friend posted about it on FB. She's a BBW female friend who completed stage 1 last week. She lost 11 inches and 'a whopping 1st 5lbs and was reporting results along the way on her FB page. She was shocked after the first 3 days to have lost 11lbs. She saw thru the drinking of the aloe vera. I don't know if she intends to move onto stage 2.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm not a dietician and am hugely cynical where detox, quick fix, fad diets are concerned. I think the acid test of any diet is will the weight still be off in five years time?

over a year ago

Of course your going to lose weight being on a diet of 500 cals a day it's not rocket science & it's not the aloe gel, that's just a flaming gimmick to waste £120.

Thing is it's a quick fix, if anybody wants to lose weight the best way is what everyone screams at you....healthy eating & exercise.

over a year ago

I know people at work who've done it and yeah they lost a lot of weight, which isn't surprising since it's basically a very low calorie routine.

There's a diet called "lose a stone in a week" (google it) which I've done before , could only stick it for 5 days but lost 11lbs. It made me feel sick as a dog and want to eat my own arm but if you have something specific you're losing weight for it's a free option.

over a year ago

i think if you have a lot of weight to lose these can be good as a kick start but then it has to be maintained by healthy choices and of course the basic put in less calories than you use

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I've done it and lost 8lb on it, and a total of 11inches.

I found it hard (the first 2 days especially) but worth it.

I just did it to kick start my weight loss, I'm now doing slimming world.

over a year ago

Ayrshire

It just doesn't sound right to me. And surly not eating more than 500 cals a day wouldn't make you lose near a stone in 9 days that's pretty quick.

I'm not going to do it I should if said. I'm happy the way I am it's just lots of people are going on about it just now and I wondered if she was a one off. Xxxx

over a year ago

Ayrshire

"I know people at work who've done it and yeah they lost a lot of weight, which isn't surprising since it's basically a very low calorie routine.

There's a diet called "lose a stone in a week" (google it) which I've done before , could only stick it for 5 days but lost 11lbs. It made me feel sick as a dog and want to eat my own arm but if you have something specific you're losing weight for it's a free option. "

Did you put the weight back on or did it stay off xxxxx

over a year ago

I think it works if you stick to it but can imagine it is very difficult. No of people who have tried but given up as it made them feel too ill.

over a year ago

Ayrshire

I just got a phone call off another friend who's box came this morning. He's saying it's 800 cals a day plus the stuff you get in the box.

So I Googled 800 calories a day and it points out yes you'll rapidly lose weight but you risk a lot of health problems anything from headache to gall stones.

Xxxxx

over a year ago

Googled it and there's been some very mixed reviews .been told by a client who tried it don't bother ,just have low cal meals and drink several litres of water a day .

over a year ago

Also should add she did lighter life when first came out ....Water and low cal shake /meal replacements no food. Lost loads in a month but several months in and had to have goal bladder removed .surgeon told her was due to the diet .

over a year ago

"I know people at work who've done it and yeah they lost a lot of weight, which isn't surprising since it's basically a very low calorie routine.

There's a diet called "lose a stone in a week" (google it) which I've done before , could only stick it for 5 days but lost 11lbs. It made me feel sick as a dog and want to eat my own arm but if you have something specific you're losing weight for it's a free option.

Did you put the weight back on or did it stay off xxxxx"

Some went straight back on as it was just water weight but it was for a very short term kick up the arse while I was on a longer term diet. From memory I put a few pounds straight back on and then had a few slowish weeks where I didn't lose anything but normally would have done, if that makes sense. I'm not sure I'd bother again, because I probably lost the same over the course of a month as I would have just done by sticking to a sensible diet like SW or WW, and I had a week of hell

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

I've done the clean 9 thing for detox purposes and certainly felt better for it...as a by product I lost a lot of weight too which stayed off because I'd retrained my eating habits to little and often, which is the best way of eating. I was told, however, that the early weight lost would have been done to loss of retained water on the whole.

By *enfalMan
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

There's a diet called "lose a stone in a week" (google it) which I've done before , could only stick it for 5 days but lost 11lbs. It made me feel sick as a dog and want to eat my own arm but if you have something specific you're losing weight for it's a free option. "

Done this one, its a great lick start to a diet as it tells you exactly what to eat, I lost a stone in a week but used it to get on the right track

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

Complete load of tosh same as any detox diet you don't need to detox your body gets shot of crap it doesn't need just stop with the sugar and caffeine etc and drink plenty of water. Eat healthy and weight will come off you anyway withour shelling out over £100 and drinking vile tasting stuff

Post new Message to Thread