Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Working from home Cosplay

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I work from home. Well actually I'm self employed, but I don't go to client sites or anything like that, so I sit at my desk in my study whenever I'm working. (Or sometimes in a coffee shop, but that's beside the point.)

I've realised that I've started basically cosplaying characters from videogames as my 'work uniform'.

I have a Chell outfit from Portral - Orange Aperture Laboratories joggers with a white vest top.

And I have a Vault Suit tracksuit from Fallout.

As well as a few other bits and pieces - like a Tol Barad Prison shirt and an Orgrimmar University shirt from Warcraft.

It entertains me in the morning to put on these clothes and know that they're effectively my work uniform. It's a far cry away from being disciplined in my last job for wearing a smart pair of jeans in the warehouse office.

If you work from home, what do you tend to wear? Do you have a uniform?

Or do you cosplay?

Can you tell I'm bored and I have deadlines?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"So I work from home. Well actually I'm self employed, but I don't go to client sites or anything like that, so I sit at my desk in my study whenever I'm working. (Or sometimes in a coffee shop, but that's beside the point.)

I've realised that I've started basically cosplaying characters from videogames as my 'work uniform'.

I have a Chell outfit from Portral - Orange Aperture Laboratories joggers with a white vest top.

As well as a few other bits and pieces - like a Tol Barad Prison shirt and an Orgrimmar University shirt from Warcraft.

It entertains me in the morning to put on these clothes and know that they're effectively my work uniform. It's a far cry away from being disciplined in my last job for wearing a smart pair of jeans in the warehouse office.

Or do you cosplay?

Can you tell I'm bored and I have deadlines? "

Trackys and footy shirt for me though I have been known to sit in my lounge pants

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I only work from home 2-3 days a month, and tend to wear pyjamas to really cut down my getting ready time. I always feel a bit shameful if I have to answer the door in the afternoon though.

(That's some quality procrastination )

over a year ago

"I only work from home 2-3 days a month, and tend to wear pyjamas to really cut down my getting ready time. I always feel a bit shameful if I have to answer the door in the afternoon though.

(That's some quality procrastination ) "

Haha, my post-lady and the delivery people are all used to me opening the door in various states of slobby. They come pretty much every day because I take parcels in for all our neighbours while they're at work.

over a year ago

I have an office in my garden and so jeans and tee-shirt is perfectly acceptable when I'm working there on a Friday

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I'm currently dressed like Wesley Snipes in passenger 57

It's my most challenging costume to date but I think I have carried it off reasonably well

over a year ago

"I'm currently dressed like Wesley Snipes in passenger 57

It's my most challenging costume to date but I think I have carried it off reasonably well"

over a year ago

"So I work from home. Well actually I'm self employed, but I don't go to client sites or anything like that, so I sit at my desk in my study whenever I'm working. (Or sometimes in a coffee shop, but that's beside the point.)

Or do you cosplay?

I'm currently dressed as Agent 47. But that's pretty much every day.

I have a temporary barcode tat ready for comic con.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

Send for the men in black!

Do you often get mistaken for Samuel L Jackson in pulp fiction

over a year ago

"Send for the men in black!

Do you often get mistaken for Samuel L Jackson in pulp fiction "

Rarely. I think it's the accent....

over a year ago

Or do you cosplay?

I think this is fantastic

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

Rarely. I think it's the accent...."

He does sound rather posh

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Cosplay has always interested me, but lacking the skills to actually make the clothing, I have only gone as far as Ash Ketchum on a night out and a Ghostbuster lol. Would certainly like to see some cosplay pics on here

B

over a year ago

Rarely. I think it's the accent....

He does sound rather posh"

It's definitely not the accent then......

over a year ago

"Cosplay has always interested me, but lacking the skills to actually make the clothing, I have only gone as far as Ash Ketchum on a night out and a Ghostbuster lol. Would certainly like to see some cosplay pics on here

B"

By *estlands4Man
over a year ago

Sidmouth

Jeans & hoody today - problem is once I start to venture into the chat rooms they tend to start to fall off for some reason

Shirt and tie has the same result...

Perhaps I should start naked and see if I put clothes on...

By *fcdTV/TS
over a year ago

Southend

I work at home a few days a week. You can probably guess from my pic how I dress. Makes the endless meetings etc a bit more bearable.

over a year ago

I am frequently organising catering, toilets, bands etc. whilst totally naked, or in a toweling robe if it's cold,

But when in creative and poor artist mode it's dressed in scruffy but sharp fast moving machinery proof clothing... handling chainsaws lathes routers etc naked doesn't appeal much...

though somehow sawdust and woodchips seem to have no problem getting into my knickers no matter what I wear.

over a year ago

I think you need to step it up a level.

Batman or assassins creed would certainly have the postie going

over a year ago

"I think you need to step it up a level.

Batman or assassins creed would certainly have the postie going "

I do have rather alot of historical costume in the house. I could proberbly do assassins creed by running up a hood later...

over a year ago

I have a version of Ezio's costume from AC although I never finished all the leatherwork, Belles ballgown from beauty and the beast and I'm currently working on a Poison Ivy costume when I get chance (which is never it would seem)

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

This is actually a great idea.

Putting on a work outfit might help me focus on working more than if I'm slobbing in slippers and PJs

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I don't work from home, but I wear geeky tshirts to work all the time.

I'm also a cosplayer and go to various conventions around the country

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I love playing dress up at home, I'm always getting changed, I put mine down to the inner child. Don't have lots of costumes but I have been kknown to dress as snow white and the latest I think I'm audrey Hepburn in a 50s dress and heels and petticoats and swan round. Not very practical when sitting down in the petticoats though. Not so much now but I did used to just put a tiara on and pretend I was royalty

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I'd love to cosplay but I'm too lazy/not talented enough to make costumes.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I'd love to cosplay but I'm too lazy/not talented enough to make costumes."

I started out by buying stuff and putting things together, now I can do some basic sewing

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I love playing dress up at home, I'm always getting changed, I put mine down to the inner child. Don't have lots of costumes but I have been kknown to dress as snow white and the latest I think I'm audrey Hepburn in a 50s dress and heels and petticoats and swan round. Not very practical when sitting down in the petticoats though. Not so much now but I did used to just put a tiara on and pretend I was royalty

"

I have a large collection of cat ears and cat eye masks. Nothing quite like your avatar cat hood though.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Whoops, I forgot the most obvious one, I think I'm a cat, I think this most of the time now and have started talking to people as though I'm a cat.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Whoops, I forgot the most obvious one, I think I'm a cat, I think this most of the time now and have started talking to people as though I'm a cat."

That's not cosplay, it's losing your marbles

over a year ago

Sod it, I'm inspired, I'm.going to do the school run.later in my attack in Titan cosplay, 3d maneuver gear and all LOL

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Whoops, I forgot the most obvious one, I think I'm a cat, I think this most of the time now and have started talking to people as though I'm a cat.

That's not cosplay, it's losing your marbles "

no losing your marbles is when you message someone who looks like a cat and tell them there weird. Excuse me its not me talking to a cat

By *izbitMan
over a year ago

St Helens

Well since I need a shave and haircut oh and big boss eyes from copious amounts of coffee id say I'm cosplaying wicket the ewok

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"Whoops, I forgot the most obvious one, I think I'm a cat, I think this most of the time now and have started talking to people as though I'm a cat.

That's not cosplay, it's losing your marbles

no losing your marbles is when you message someone who looks like a cat and tell them there weird. Excuse me its not me talking to a cat "

over a year ago

"This is actually a great idea.

Putting on a work outfit might help me focus on working more than if I'm slobbing in slippers and PJs"

Remember - you're the boss, you make the uniform rules!

Sometimes I'm a bad employee though, and I make myself have some corner time.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Putting on a work outfit might help me focus on working more than if I'm slobbing in slippers and PJs

Sometimes I'm a bad employee though, and I make myself have some corner time. "

I'm just bloody undisciplined and insubordinate.

The work I mean is study though, not employment so I can fail but not actually be fired, (except for something serious, such as plagiarism, and I've too much to say for myself to steal anyone else's work )

I struggle to set aside focused study time and am easily distracted. Setting hours and having a work outfit might help.

It sounds fun.

over a year ago

Sometimes I'm a bad employee though, and I make myself have some corner time.

I'm just bloody undisciplined and insubordinate.

The work I mean is study though, not employment so I can fail but not actually be fired, (except for something serious, such as plagiarism, and I've too much to say for myself to steal anyone else's work )

I struggle to set aside focused study time and am easily distracted. Setting hours and having a work outfit might help.

It sounds fun."

I have a friend who always puts 'office' shoes on. Even if she's in her PJ's she says it puts her in the right frame of mind to work.

I run my own business from home as a writer *and* I'm a full time student - so I struggle sometimes to get in the mood at all (because I'm at home) and then I struggle to have separation between the two things.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I've always fancied making a catwoman hood.

I've got a purple lycra catsuit and purple corset that, with thigh boots and gloves, looks very catwoman.

The hood should be fairly easy to make.

I'm too large for the catsuit and corset at the moment but I'm working on that. It'd be nice to have a hood for when I can finally get back into the catsuit.

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Cosplay has always interested me, but lacking the skills to actually make the clothing, I have only gone as far as Ash Ketchum on a night out and a Ghostbuster lol. Would certainly like to see some cosplay pics on here

B

That could be fun if we got enough on board, though mine was only a face pic.

B

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

I run my business from home, and then go out to work in the evenings.

Spend all my admin time in my PJs. That is, until the postman brings a sexy outfit, and then I'll always try it on immediately. Couldn't do that in an office hahahaha.

over a year ago

B

B"

Start a thread. Get organising!!!!!!!!!

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

B

B"

Not until I can fit into my catsuit! (So about August then, maybe later).

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

I love women in cosplay but men always look shit in fancy dress

over a year ago

"I love women in cosplay but men always look shit in fancy dress "

That is a theme through life, go women's clothes shopping and there is gym,casual,buisness,17 different ranges of going out clothes + 91 ranges of not going out except sex club clothes.

go to a man's clothes shop, you get trousers and a shirt, and if your really outrageous you can have a pattern on your socks.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

I'd rather go barefoot than wear black socks

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I'd rather go barefoot than wear black socks"

*removes from hotlist

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

"I'd rather go barefoot than wear black socks

*removes from hotlist

"

Had I known I was on your hotlist?

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I'd rather go barefoot than wear black socks

*removes from hotlist

Had I known I was on your hotlist? "

You'd wear black socks for me? *swoon*

over a year ago

"I love women in cosplay but men always look shit in fancy dress "

You're kidding, right?

I think I've seen way more awesome male cosplays than female cosplays...

over a year ago

"I love women in cosplay but men always look shit in fancy dress

You're kidding, right?

I think I've seen way more awesome male cosplays than female cosplays..."

I think he was referring to me at Birmingham comic con 2014 dressed as a Japanese school girl

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

"I love women in cosplay but men always look shit in fancy dress

You're kidding, right?

I think I've seen way more awesome male cosplays than female cosplays...

I think he was referring to me at Birmingham comic con 2014 dressed as a Japanese school girl "

I would have ran like the clappers. But not until after a selfie with you

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Mostly pj's - I have a very fluffy long haired white cat so I have indoor clothes that don't matter if they get fluffy and outdoor clothes.

But I do have a stash of costumes, mainly historical - I think the postie would be surprised to be greeted by scarlett o hara!

over a year ago

I would dearly love to cosplay but with my size I would rather leave it to the skinner ladies out there and I admire from afar, there is a big thing going about about 'all shapes and sizes can cosplay' but who really wants to see a fat Harley Quinn? I would feel very self conscious about it all and I'm to 'on point' when it comes to cosplaying

G x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/02/16 16:13:09]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/02/16 16:13:38]

over a year ago

If im working from home i take great pleasure in showering and putting on fresh pjs

Just cause i can.

over a year ago

I do cosplay but only when I can afford to go to a con.

Plus, I need a new costume.

Unfortunately I don't have a bald head or a skinny body so I can't do Spider.

Hmmm....

over a year ago

"I would dearly love to cosplay but with my size I would rather leave it to the skinner ladies out there and I admire from afar, there is a big thing going about about 'all shapes and sizes can cosplay' but who really wants to see a fat Harley Quinn? I would feel very self conscious about it all and I'm to 'on point' when it comes to cosplaying

G x"

Give over! Cons aren't just so skinny people can cosplay.

I'm not toned to be wearing a lycra morphsuit but I don't care. I just become the character I'm dressed as.

over a year ago

"I would dearly love to cosplay but with my size I would rather leave it to the skinner ladies out there and I admire from afar, there is a big thing going about about 'all shapes and sizes can cosplay' but who really wants to see a fat Harley Quinn? I would feel very self conscious about it all and I'm to 'on point' when it comes to cosplaying

G x"

den I do, if you are having fun, then why not, but like you said if you feel self conscious, then your not going to be having much fun, if you need to have some dress up in your life may I suggest steam punk, its got a wider margin for creativity and nothing you do in steam.punk is wrong.

over a year ago

G x

Give over! Cons aren't just so skinny people can cosplay.

I'm not toned to be wearing a lycra morphsuit but I don't care. I just become the character I'm dressed as."

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

I know I felt happier and more confident cosplaying when I was much slimmer than I am now.

I'd feel very conspicuous and uncomfortable now, I think.

over a year ago

the only type of outfits I dress up in are a little too risqué for 'day or loungewear', plus if I answered the door in them I could guarantee my postmans flabber would be well and truly ghasted...

so I just dress as though I was going to work in an actual office

over a year ago

G x den I do, if you are having fun, then why not, but like you said if you feel self conscious, then your not going to be having much fun, if you need to have some dress up in your life may I suggest steam punk, its got a wider margin for creativity and nothing you do in steam.punk is wrong."

I've dabbled with steampunk a few years before and it's something I would do again, the costumes are amazing!! Sadly due to financial reasons I couldn't really commit to it but I'm coming out the other end now and I dearly love putting it altogether and painting my goggles (which looked fricking awesome btw!!)

over a year ago

G x den I do, if you are having fun, then why not, but like you said if you feel self conscious, then your not going to be having much fun, if you need to have some dress up in your life may I suggest steam punk, its got a wider margin for creativity and nothing you do in steam.punk is wrong.

I've dabbled with steampunk a few years before and it's something I would do again, the costumes are amazing!! Sadly due to financial reasons I couldn't really commit to it but I'm coming out the other end now and I dearly love putting it altogether and painting my goggles (which looked fricking awesome btw!!) "

Raid the charity shops, dye and spray paint are your friend, clothes, old toys all can be deconstructed and re purpoused to.make stuff, it needn't cost the earth

over a year ago

Or do you cosplay?

I work from him 1-2 days a week at the moment and my uniform seems to be my robe.

Post new Message to Thread