FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Revenant - top film or trumiph of marketing?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's your views on this film?

Was it great or more style than substance?

Is it the film Dicaprio deserves an Oscar for? Or is the Academy just feeling guilty for passing up for other films such as the Aviator or the Wolf of Wall Street?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unkydesignCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Went to see it tonight. Although we enjoy thoughtful, intelligent films and not just the obvious blockbuster fayre we found it quite a slow mover and walked out after just over an hour. We were struggling to stay awake.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It fell victim to its own hype

Yes it looked great but that wears off very quickly.

over a year ago

8/10 as a film but Di Caprio should have picked Tom Hardy's part if he wanted an Oscar.

By *ushandkittyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I think the best example of irony would be in the future Di Caprio never wins an Oscar but the actor who plays him in a film of his life story does

over a year ago

"Went to see it tonight. Although we enjoy thoughtful, intelligent films and not just the obvious blockbuster fayre we found it quite a slow mover and walked out after just over an hour. We were struggling to stay awake."

Very much our own thinking. Over long and rather disjointed. Thought Tom Hardy's role much more interesting.

Although based in part on a true story of a trapper who has attacked by a bear and left for dead, the film did tend to make surviving in awful conditions seem much easier than the reality.

over a year ago

I loved it, and in comparison to Tarantino's The hateful eight and In the heart of the sea, I thought this was a brilliant, well written and well acted film. Di Caprio does deserve an Oscar for this one.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"8/10 as a film but Di Caprio should have picked Tom Hardy's part if he wanted an Oscar."

Tom Hardy's in it? I'm working my way through everything he ever made lol, the man's a genius (well, apart from one piece of grim Hollywood drivel so far)!

over a year ago

"8/10 as a film but Di Caprio should have picked Tom Hardy's part if he wanted an Oscar.

Tom Hardy's in it? I'm working my way through everything he ever made lol, the man's a genius (well, apart from one piece of grim Hollywood drivel so far)!"

Yes. He's plays a character called John Fitzgerald and probably he's the best thing in it.

If you want a total list of Tom Hardy films have checked out Internet Movie Database?

over a year ago

I think it's deserved of praise.

Yes it's rather long,but the cinematography is fantastic conveying nature's raw beauty in wilderness.

No its not a ten out of ten, but I left the theatre feeling like I'd experienced something, as opposed to just being entertained.

Post new Message to Thread