Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It's a small world after all...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Though a chance name search & a message on Facebook, I've gotten back in touch with one of my best friends from primary school... quite an achievement when she lives in a large city & we've not been in contact at all for almost 20 years.

So, has anyone unexpectedly sneaked back into your life after a long absence?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Yes. Family I haven't seen in years. Friends from years ago. Met up with a friend I hadn't seen in 25 years.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Several people I used to go to school with, one or two from junior school days.

By *andi_shopWoman
over a year ago

rotherham

"Though a chance name search & a message on Facebook, I've gotten back in touch with one of my best friends from primary school... quite an achievement when she lives in a large city & we've not been in contact at all for almost 20 years.

So, has anyone unexpectedly sneaked back into your life after a long absence?"

Mines exactly the same, by best friend from infant and some of junior school. Moved when I was 10 and lost contact. Facebook can amazing sometimes

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Yes, they crop up on FB sometimes and I block them.

I've never lost touch with someone I didn't want to lose touch with

By *hoenixmanMan
over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

My eldest had a 'fight' (he was about 6.. he's 24 now) at school and me and his mother got called in to see the Headteacher. The other kid's parents were also there.

The other boy's Mum was a lady I had exchanged bodily fluids with when I was about 19....

The rest of the meeting 'didn't go well'.... let's just say that...

over a year ago

"Though a chance name search & a message on Facebook, I've gotten back in touch with one of my best friends from primary school... quite an achievement when she lives in a large city & we've not been in contact at all for almost 20 years.

So, has anyone unexpectedly sneaked back into your life after a long absence?

Mines exactly the same, by best friend from infant and some of junior school. Moved when I was 10 and lost contact. Facebook can amazing sometimes "

Yeah, I moved from Sheffield to Scarborough when I was seven and lost contact with her not long afterwards. Thankfully I remembered her surname after all these years & she had a throwback photo on her profile, I instantly recognized her.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes, through a school reunion last year, and Facebook, people that I wasn't best friends with but ordinary friends that I've realised we lost touch simply through moving and life changing.

There is one person I'd love to get in touch with who imhave absolutly no idea how to, I only remember her first name and the place she was from.

over a year ago

"Yes, through a school reunion last year, and Facebook, people that I wasn't best friends with but ordinary friends that I've realised we lost touch simply through moving and life changing.

There is one person I'd love to get in touch with who imhave absolutly no idea how to, I only remember her first name and the place she was from."

Have you tried Friends Reunited, if you met at school?

over a year ago

"Yes, through a school reunion last year, and Facebook, people that I wasn't best friends with but ordinary friends that I've realised we lost touch simply through moving and life changing.

There is one person I'd love to get in touch with who imhave absolutly no idea how to, I only remember her first name and the place she was from.

Have you tried Friends Reunited, if you met at school?"

It's shutting down soon.

over a year ago

Yes my first love

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Have you tried Friends Reunited, if you met at school?"

didn't meet her in school, met her in hospital when we where having babies, we where both in for many weeks and she was in the next bed, then one night due to complications she was rushed to another hospital in the middle of the night and we never exchanged any details

over a year ago

Nope. Once they are out of my life, they are out of my life.

If I saw them in the street, I would stop and chat, but I wouldn't be interested in re-kindling a friendship.

I am just not nostalgic in that way.

over a year ago

Rather amusingly yes. My dad's ex gf who went to the shop 16 years ago and never came back, taking a large sum of money in the process. Saw her at a funeral before Xmas. Apparently she's made quite the habit of walking out on people and robbing them in the process. She'll be appearing in court next month on a number of theft and fraud charges

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Not for me, they can stay in the past.

Wish them well though

Post new Message to Thread