Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Return by..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Think i'm over analysing this.. If an item has to be returned by Monday.. Does that mean before Monday or before Monday is over?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *enny79TV/TS
over a year ago

chesterfield

Before Monday is over

By *hoenixmanMan
over a year ago

Where men are men, and sheep are nervous...!

"Think i'm over analysing this.. If an item has to be returned by Monday.. Does that mean before Monday or before Monday is over?"

Hmmm.... good question and depends what the item is actually. The use of the word 'by' suggests this might an item you've hired in some way? In that case, I'd ring them first thing Monday and check as there may be in the small print something to the effect that there is a cut off time on the return day and, if you return it after that, you get stung for an extra days hire.

'On' Monday would indicate before close of business. 'By' Monday would, to me anyway, indicate return when/before business starts. Tbh they ought to be more specific about return times...

Regards

The Pedant....!

over a year ago

I'll try and get it sorted for today.. Just to make sure . Thanks for the replies!

over a year ago

Just thought.. Jenny could well be right. I remember library books stamped with a date and returning them on that date. Thanks again people

over a year ago

Hu!s an online application form for a job. It was suggested by an employment agency to submit it just before the deadline, as they go through applications in reverse date order .. (Latest first). Could be cobblers but will have a try. Its completed and i just need to click the submit button.

Post new Message to Thread