Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Come on Andy Murray!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Let's all wish Andy Murray good luck at tomorrow's Australian Open Final..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd like too see him win this one....

over a year ago

I'll get back to you in the morning

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I'd like too see him win this one....

"

Ohh it'll be great, he'll be World Number 1 on monday too if he does..

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck to him and well done on the wins today

over a year ago

Come on Novak! I just don't like Murray and like to see the greatness of probably the best player ever even if it means he surpasses Federer my all time sporting hero

over a year ago

hope he wins but i think he has more chance of seeeing LORD LUCAN on SHERGAR then beeting him

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"Let's all wish Andy Murray good luck at tomorrow's Australian Open Final.."

Can't stand Andy Ping Pong.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Djokovic is a machine,I'm hoping he has engine problems tomorrow.

Murrays done it before,

fingers crossed,he can do it again tomorrow.

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

By *ub_liminalTVTV/TS
over a year ago

Belfast

I'd prefer to remain indifferent and uninterested. He seems a bit surly and vacuous...

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"I'd prefer to remain indifferent and uninterested. He seems a bit surly and vacuous... "

Most sensible post so far. I saw the thread and the first thing that crossed my mind was...

Bukkake

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Let's all not!!!! There are people that don't want him to win and I'm one of them

over a year ago

"Let's all wish Andy Murray good luck at tomorrow's Australian Open Final..

Let's all not!!!! There are people that don't want him to win and I'm one of them"

+1

over a year ago

The most successful tennis player these islands have produced since Fred Perry. Novak is on a different level....but Andy might surprise him. He has to be playing at his very best and hope that Noval is slightly under par.

over a year ago

Let's all not!!!! There are people that don't want him to win and I'm one of them"

I do want him to, irrespective of what peoples impressions are of him as a person. I'm sure if my most stressful moments at work were transmitted worldwide I wouldn't come out too great either. He always comes over well in inter_iews and is a really nice guy. I hope he wins tomorrow

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

When Andy Ping Pong looses I am happy and he has given me so much happiness over the years I would like to say a big thank you.

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Not a Sunday morning person but I'll be watching and cheering on our top British player to win. Go Andy!

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Not a Sunday morning person but I'll be watching and cheering on our top British player to win. Go Andy!"

And that's the reason I don't want him to win. Been working in Scotland since 2001 and the level of bile and disgust when he's described as British up here is beyond belief. Even due to the fact he's had British government funding all his life and he lives and trains in England doesn't make one jot of difference up here. It's the same with the scotland football team as I always wanted them to do well until I moved here and felt anti english/British hatred first hand. That being said obviously there are some Scots I love to bits too

over a year ago

Let's all not!!!! There are people that don't want him to win and I'm one of them

When Andy Ping Pong looses I am happy and he has given me so much happiness over the years I would like to say a big thank you."

Up to the current date he has brought you happiness 165 times as a singles player.....he must have disappointed ya the other 552 times he won....as he picked up 40 million dollars in prize money on the way

over a year ago

its funny how no one really cares about tennis when that Scottish Andy Murray loses, but when he gets into a final all the TV schedules go tits up for the British contender

over a year ago

"its funny how no one really cares about tennis when that Scottish Andy Murray loses, but when he gets into a final all the TV schedules go tits up for the British contender "

He almost single handedly won Great Britain the Davis Cup.......he is currently ranked the 2nd best tennis player in the world.....I think he deserves a little bit of the TV scheduling......unlike the crap footie we get on the bbc at times!!

over a year ago

"its funny how no one really cares about tennis when that Scottish Andy Murray loses, but when he gets into a final all the TV schedules go tits up for the British contender

He almost single handedly won Great Britain the Davis Cup.......he is currently ranked the 2nd best tennis player in the world.....I think he deserves a little bit of the TV scheduling......unlike the crap footie we get on the bbc at times!!"

I'm not a football fan either.. and he is still scottish

over a year ago

C'mon Andeeeeee

over a year ago

"its funny how no one really cares about tennis when that Scottish Andy Murray loses, but when he gets into a final all the TV schedules go tits up for the British contender

He almost single handedly won Great Britain the Davis Cup.......he is currently ranked the 2nd best tennis player in the world.....I think he deserves a little bit of the TV scheduling......unlike the crap footie we get on the bbc at times!!

I'm not a football fan either.. and he is still scottish"

And proud of it he is too

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Not a Sunday morning person but I'll be watching and cheering on our top British player to win. Go Andy!

And that's the reason I don't want him to win. Been working in Scotland since 2001 and the level of bile and disgust when he's described as British up here is beyond belief. Even due to the fact he's had British government funding all his life and he lives and trains in England doesn't make one jot of difference up here. It's the same with the scotland football team as I always wanted them to do well until I moved here and felt anti english/British hatred first hand. That being said obviously there are some Scots I love to bits too"

And that's why the Scots love you English so much

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Not a Sunday morning person but I'll be watching and cheering on our top British player to win. Go Andy!

And that's the reason I don't want him to win. Been working in Scotland since 2001 and the level of bile and disgust when he's described as British up here is beyond belief. Even due to the fact he's had British government funding all his life and he lives and trains in England doesn't make one jot of difference up here. It's the same with the scotland football team as I always wanted them to do well until I moved here and felt anti english/British hatred first hand. That being said obviously there are some Scots I love to bits too"

He's British.

Some Scottish people,have a totally unreasonable chip on their shoulder,where the English are concerned.

Please believe me,it is only some.

over a year ago

At the mo he is British...once novak royally bums him in the final he will be back to being plain old Scottish again

over a year ago

He almost single handedly won Great Britain the Davis Cup.......he is currently ranked the 2nd best tennis player in the world.....I think he deserves a little bit of the TV scheduling......unlike the crap footie we get on the bbc at times!!"

Davis Cup - No Federer, Stan annd Djok

Ranking - he's a number 2 who didn't get a single win against the number 3 all last season in fact he got destroyed each time

Also the person who said he's the best Brit achievement wise at tennis since Fred Perry. This is debatable he has 2 grand slams, davis cup and an Olympic gold and silver in doubles not bad. Virginia Wade has 3 singles grand slams (only failing to win the french) and 4 doubles grand slams and a tour finals doubles win too.

over a year ago

Not the best start... Come on andy

over a year ago

"its funny how no one really cares about tennis when that Scottish Andy Murray loses, but when he gets into a final all the TV schedules go tits up for the British contender "

Actually it's on Eurosport and NOT council telly.....it seems the BBC aren't interested in covering the tournament! Just as well as he is getting pumped...lol!!

over a year ago

Davis Cup - No Federer, Stan annd Djok

Ranking - he's a number 2 who didn't get a single win against the number 3 all last season in fact he got destroyed each time

Also the person who said he's the best Brit achievement wise at tennis since Fred Perry. This is debatable he has 2 grand slams, davis cup and an Olympic gold and silver in doubles not bad. Virginia Wade has 3 singles grand slams (only failing to win the french) and 4 doubles grand slams and a tour finals doubles win too."

My mistake re best since Fred Perry....although I was referring to male players. Totally agree that fed knows how to beat him....and beat him bad he did! No disgrace to be playing 2nd fiddle to such formidable oponents.

Looking like it could be a straight sets defeat today though

over a year ago

Yep a right old Twatting

over a year ago

Actually it's on Eurosport and NOT council telly.....it seems the BBC aren't interested in covering the tournament! Just as well as he is getting pumped...lol!!"

BBC have cut their sports budget by some stupid amount and the Aussie Open, F1 and The Open (Golf) were he main casualties think the highlights are on later

over a year ago

Actually it's on Eurosport and NOT council telly.....it seems the BBC aren't interested in covering the tournament! Just as well as he is getting pumped...lol!!

BBC have cut their sports budget by some stupid amount and the Aussie Open, F1 and The Open (Golf) were he main casualties think the highlights are on later"

Used up the budget on their national football team being shown live

over a year ago

"I'd prefer to remain indifferent and uninterested. He seems a bit surly and vacuous...

Most sensible post so far. I saw the thread and the first thing that crossed my mind was...

Bukkake

"

As much as you'd love to suck him off , I doubt very much he'd be interested in some fab no mark

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/01/16 11:40:22]

over a year ago

Ah right.. better luck next time Andy

By *arehamMan
over a year ago

handforth

Ha lost in straight sets.

over a year ago

He's probably got his mind on other things at the moment !

Good luck for the future Andy

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

He's made me happy again

Post new Message to Thread