Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Cat

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Last week a Cat followed me into the house so I put it outside the door and forgot about it, next day it was there when I got home and then again the day after.

I asked the neighbours and rang the old house owner but no luck, after buying some food for it and having it checked for a microchip at the Vets with no luck again it looks like the thing has moved in, I've never been a Cat lover but I don't fancy dumping it onto the RSPCA, I've even named it now so it looks like it could be staying

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

awww you big softy

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Awwwwwwwwwwww you softy

over a year ago

A new charity has been set up to prevent animals being melted down to make glue

please send donations to the RSPVA

over a year ago

Soon you will be a stinky softie.

over a year ago

good on you, always nice to have a pussy to come home to

over a year ago

Come to think of it...... I think most men would take pussy in if they found it on their doorstep

over a year ago

Sod off I don't really like Cats but it's done no harm and what else could I do, it sleeps on the rug and makes no mess and it has eyes like the Cat on Shrek so knocking it on the head is out of the question

over a year ago

if i know a guy has a cat i get put off, not sure why.. perhaps it shows he's lonely.

hmmmmm

over a year ago

Bitches don't like cats do they.

over a year ago

"if i know a guy has a cat i get put off, not sure why.. perhaps it shows he's lonely.

hmmmmm

"

Lonely I'm not

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/01/11 14:36:31]

over a year ago

"if i know a guy has a cat i get put off, not sure why.. perhaps it shows he's lonely.

hmmmmm

Lonely I'm not "

its a bit of an odd one cos i do like cats, but a lot of men i know tend to be single 50yr olds with no hair. wrong of me to stereotype but thats the image i get in my head lol

mr kev,, im sure you are lovely

over a year ago

I'm allergic to cats..When Tra's mum died 7 years her go her cat Charlie came to our house. it was supposed to be for just one night before being rehomed.

He's still here

over a year ago

We have 3 cats now 1 we have now had 3 months just like your cat she turned up on the door step and come in house even with my 4 dogs here ,, we had seen her a week out side under my horse lorry now Moved in .... taken her to vet no chip no nothing apart from was going to have the op so no babys she had had that ,, i could not let her be there no food no nothing asked around the village no one had lost a cat she picked us ,,,,, like your cats picked you.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

kev you will come to love it's,selfishness,and mercenary attitude.

i never used to like cats,but the people next door have one.i've come to love,and respect,that cat.with it's,me,me,me,attitude.

i think cats,quite often choose their owners ha,ha,ha.rather than the other way around.

over a year ago

hmmmmm

Lonely I'm not

its a bit of an odd one cos i do like cats, but a lot of men i know tend to be single 50yr olds with no hair. wrong of me to stereotype but thats the image i get in my head lol

mr kev,, im sure you are lovely "

I'm really 59 and bald as a Coot, but I am lovely

over a year ago

My Dad is the 'cat man of Swaffham'

he has one cat but feeds about 10

his garden is fucking full of em

I'll wait til he starts reading right wing papers and i'll put him in a home

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

cats do not have owners they have servants, and they pick their own

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Bitches don't like cats do they. "

Meeeoooww!! Saucer of cream for miss Kitty!!

over a year ago

Cats show you are a softie. They only pick good people to care for them.

over a year ago

"My Dad is the 'cat man of Swaffham'

he has one cat but feeds about 10

his garden is fucking full of em

I'll wait til he starts reading right wing papers and i'll put him in a home"

lolol you cant do that to him x he must be a lovely man to feed them x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My big fat cat has started coming home more since i asked tesco to stop feeding it. I like it when i know a guy has cats it means hes kind

over a year ago

The saying is that you don't own a cat they own you. So this particular cat must have taken a liking to you. We have one round here that spends a few weeks in different houses and then moves on, must like changes of scenery.

over a year ago

"The saying is that you don't own a cat they own you. So this particular cat must have taken a liking to you. We have one round here that spends a few weeks in different houses and then moves on, must like changes of scenery."

That's exactly what someone else has just said on the phone

over a year ago

Must be right then for once in my life yeahhhhhhhhhhh

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

They say you cant train cats, but saw summat on the interwebby fing about some american guy who trained his to do all sorts.... so I gave it a try with mine....

He now sits on command, but only if food is on offer!!! I thought it was a fluke, but he does it all the time, if he's standing when the treats come out, I say sit, and he sits!!!

over a year ago

my cat will wink if you ask him to.

he also says 'out' and 'prawns' tho this maybe us misinterpreting 'miaow'.

which reminds me, we did think he was taking Mephedrone at one point

He kept banging on about 'meow meow'

over a year ago

I have three cats, all rescues and they don't stay if they don't like you!

I think its not so much that you have a cat, as it is that the cat now has a Human!

Good luck xx

over a year ago

Ive had a cat that has adoped us to hes so loving now for giving him a home

over a year ago

I do have to admit I've just been out and bought it an Igloo home

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I do have to admit I've just been out and bought it an Igloo home "

Im saying nothing lol

What have you named the cat,

over a year ago

"I do have to admit I've just been out and bought it an Igloo home

Im saying nothing lol

What have you named the cat,"

I've called it whatthe as in what the hell are you doing here

over a year ago

Wish i could have a cat, my dad was allergic so it's one of the few pets i couldn't have..and now i want one but Alex has his heart set on a sausage dog...think we could have both?

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Wish i could have a cat, my dad was allergic so it's one of the few pets i couldn't have..and now i want one but Alex has his heart set on a sausage dog...think we could have both?"

If you get them together, no probs

over a year ago

"Wish i could have a cat, my dad was allergic so it's one of the few pets i couldn't have..and now i want one but Alex has his heart set on a sausage dog...think we could have both?

If you get them together, no probs"

delightful! Noodle the sausage dog and Beau or Socks the cat

over a year ago

The cat obviously has a good taste in men

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I do have to admit I've just been out and bought it an Igloo home "

Sucker!!

Cute though!

over a year ago

"The cat obviously has a good taste in men"

Thank you x

over a year ago

My cat is a rehomed cat, and her previous owner could not keep her due to family commitments.

Saw her advert on Preloved, and thought she looked cute, drove a 100 miles round trip to make sure we clicked, and we did - she rolled over to let me tickle her tummy within minutes.

Renamed her once she was with me, and we have not looked back since!

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

What do you do with all the mice the cat will bring home?

Solution is adopt a snake from a reptile centre lol

We have 8 cats and 2 snakes, problem solved

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"What do you do with all the mice the cat will bring home?

We have 8 cats and 2 snakes, problem solved "

Soon have a nice little menagerie going there!

By *ornyandnymphoCouple
over a year ago

poole

"What do you do with all the mice the cat will bring home?

We have 8 cats and 2 snakes, problem solved

Soon have a nice little menagerie going there! "

Have a small zoo lol

Also have parrot, dogs and lizzards too.

Have another breed too, not quite sure about them, some say they are called teenagers

over a year ago

"Last week a Cat followed me into the house so I put it outside the door and forgot about it, next day it was there when I got home and then again the day after.

I asked the neighbours and rang the old house owner but no luck, after buying some food for it and having it checked for a microchip at the Vets with no luck again it looks like the thing has moved in, I've never been a Cat lover but I don't fancy dumping it onto the RSPCA, I've even named it now so it looks like it could be staying "

what do you expect, if you put a plate of food out for me when i called id be back too lol

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I hav a rescue cat too. Bracken`s principle "job" is company for my 83 year old Mum but she`s also a dab hand at reducing the rat population that hover around the neighbour`s duck pen!

over a year ago

Thought this weas going to be about ex Chelsea Goalkeeper Peter Bonnetti...

over a year ago

Well, seems like you're doing a decent thing.

I've got a cat, and contrary to the stereotype, I'm not lonely either! But, my cat does have a habit if playing chicken with cars. So far he's lost his tail, broken his leg twice, hairline fracture to his pelvis and chipped his chin. Thank god for pet insurance!!

Wouldn't do without him though.

over a year ago

I am not lonely either, in fact, I have never felt lonely.

Being alone and lonely are completely different!

over a year ago

"I am not lonely either, in fact, I have never felt lonely.

Being alone and lonely are completely different!

"

Well said that lady! X

over a year ago

when we go abroad it seems that all the cats in the village know we are a soft touch. Last year we had 13 that were regulars in our garden including 5 kittens - 2 of which we adopted permanently. They were 2 wee poor souls - 1 came in a tied up bag ready to be flung in the river, and the other was one that that wee kitten found hiding under a fig bush. Its mum had been killed in a car accident. We buried her. They get looked after by our neighbours when we here.

over a year ago

Latest update, phone call last night the owners had seen the ad in the Vets and then came to collect it, lovely people and a six year old daughter who was so happy to see her Cat again, they lived about 4 miles away ?

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Awww that's lovely

over a year ago

"Last week a Cat followed me into the house so I put it outside the door and forgot about it, next day it was there when I got home and then again the day after.

I asked the neighbours and rang the old house owner but no luck, after buying some food for it and having it checked for a microchip at the Vets with no luck again it looks like the thing has moved in, I've never been a Cat lover but I don't fancy dumping it onto the RSPCA, I've even named it now so it looks like it could be staying "

***titters*** wait till it turns on you ...... still getting over Penny attacks here

over a year ago

Did the igloo go with the cat or have you room for another lodger?

over a year ago

"Did the igloo go with the cat or have you room for another lodger? "

No I gave them everyting

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I asked the neighbours and rang the old house owner but no luck, after buying some food for it and having it checked for a microchip at the Vets with no luck again it looks like the thing has moved in, I've never been a Cat lover but I don't fancy dumping it onto the RSPCA, I've even named it now so it looks like it could be staying

***titters*** wait till it turns on you ...... still getting over Penny attacks here

"

How is Penny?

over a year ago

How is Penny?"

All grown up now....so sharper teeth....sharper claws....and can get a much better grip

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

How is Penny?

All grown up now....so sharper teeth....sharper claws....and can get a much better grip "

Who you or her lol

over a year ago

How is Penny?

All grown up now....so sharper teeth....sharper claws....and can get a much better grip

Who you or her lol "

grown up????....me???? .......

over a year ago

"Latest update, phone call last night the owners had seen the ad in the Vets and then came to collect it, lovely people and a six year old daughter who was so happy to see her Cat again, they lived about 4 miles away ? "

aww a happy ending!

over a year ago

oh - what was the Cats name??

over a year ago

"Latest update, phone call last night the owners had seen the ad in the Vets and then came to collect it, lovely people and a six year old daughter who was so happy to see her Cat again, they lived about 4 miles away ? "
I was thinking about this last night ..... cat may come back.... i have know cats to find ways back to peoples houses thay like , lol xxx

over a year ago

Awwwww

well thats ok as long as it dont come and crap in me garden

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

"Latest update, phone call last night the owners had seen the ad in the Vets and then came to collect it, lovely people and a six year old daughter who was so happy to see her Cat again, they lived about 4 miles away ? I was thinking about this last night ..... cat may come back.... i have know cats to find ways back to peoples houses thay like , lol xxx "

When I lived in Brum, my upstairs neighbours had cats. The neighbours moved to the other side of the M6. It wasn't till a few weeks later I noticed my 3 cats were getting through their food rather quickly. Then one night I went to the kitchen for a drink and there was their cat. I called them and they came and collected him. A few days later he was back so I called and again they collected him. The third time he came back and I called they never called me back to I 'inherited' him.

Poor old Burbs (RIP) was knocked over a few weeks later on our quiet road - when he'd been crossing the M6 for weeks!

I'd never be without my babies.

*Her*

over a year ago

I once had a great dane called "tulip"

Sod all to do with cats . just thought i would slip it in

Post new Message to Thread