Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Socials

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So we all know why each other is here. But does anyone sometimes think a good social with no expectations would be nice?

I'd love to sometimes go out for a meal drinks and a good laugh about experiences without it all being about are we going to get in each other's pants

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/01/16 20:05:01]

over a year ago

We meet people from the forums all the time for just socials. I enjoy it and actively encourage people from the forums to get in contact for this very purpose. You should try it if you wanna.

-Courtney

By *moothies.Couple
over a year ago

Woodthorpe

"So we all know why each other is here. But does anyone sometimes think a good social with no expectations would be nice?

I'd love to sometimes go out for a meal drinks and a good laugh about experiences without it all being about are we going to get in each other's pants

Like a proper date ?? "

Nooooo like a good meal and a get to know you. We like a good social. Gives you something to anticipate before the fun after you've met someone

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Perfectly reasonable to have a social with no expectations of sex. Just talk about it instead

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"We meet people from the forums all the time for just socials. I enjoy it and actively encourage people from the forums to get in contact for this very purpose. You should try it if you wanna.

-Courtney"

I love a good social!!! Afternoon tea was a favourite of mine x

over a year ago

"We meet people from the forums all the time for just socials. I enjoy it and actively encourage people from the forums to get in contact for this very purpose. You should try it if you wanna.

-Courtney

I love a good social!!! Afternoon tea was a favourite of mine x"

Good to know. I'll bug you the next time we are near your area, then.

-Courtney

over a year ago

-Courtney"

Really??? Wow sounds fun

over a year ago

"Perfectly reasonable to have a social with no expectations of sex. Just talk about it instead "

Haha that's what I love.

over a year ago

Every social I have comes with no expectations.

Things usually go sideways when people's expectations don't match reality - or the other parties.

over a year ago

I have had some simply spiffing social meets . Good friends and chuckles. The Pooch has accompanied me on a few too

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I have had many a purely social meet with others and thoroughly enjoyed their company. Sex was never on the agenda, however sometimes the chemistry was there and it happened.

over a year ago

Yeah a good social is just lovely!

over a year ago

"I have had some simply spiffing social meets . Good friends and chuckles. The Pooch has accompanied me on a few too "

Sounds fun

over a year ago

I need tips lol I must be doing something wrong

over a year ago

"I have had some simply spiffing social meets . Good friends and chuckles. The Pooch has accompanied me on a few too

Sounds fun "

It is just chums walking talking , having a bite to eat and putting the jolly old world to rights

over a year ago

"I need tips lol I must be doing something wrong"

What I do is chat to people in the forums and in PMs. Marc and I tend to travel a lot. I let people know when I may be in their area and ask if they are free for coffee or a drink, and not a meet

If people are free, then they come and have a drink and we chat for a while. Its nice. If people are near us they do the same. Its really easy People tend to be really nice.

-Courtney

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I need tips lol I must be doing something wrong

What I do is chat to people in the forums and in PMs. Marc and I tend to travel a lot. I let people know when I may be in their area and ask if they are free for coffee or a drink, and not a meet

If people are free, then they come and have a drink and we chat for a while. Its nice. If people are near us they do the same. Its really easy People tend to be really nice.

-Courtney"

Until they cancel last minute cause they've got a hangover that lasted three more days!

Then they're total fuckwits!

over a year ago

-Courtney"

over a year ago

-Courtney

Until they cancel last minute cause they've got a hangover that lasted three more days!

Then they're total fuckwits! "

That's what I've found. Well not necessary hungover. Just things crop up when you don't promise sex lol

over a year ago

"I have had some simply spiffing social meets . Good friends and chuckles. The Pooch has accompanied me on a few too

Sounds fun

It is just chums walking talking , having a bite to eat and putting the jolly old world to rights "

Count me in next time you want to walk talk eat and put the world to rights. I'm good at that haha

over a year ago

-Courtney

That's what I've found. Well not necessary hungover. Just things crop up when you don't promise sex lol "

Yes, things do come up.

I guess I should have promised her sex. Maybe she'd have shown up

-Courtney

over a year ago

Sounds fun

It is just chums walking talking , having a bite to eat and putting the jolly old world to rights

Count me in next time you want to walk talk eat and put the world to rights. I'm good at that haha"

Ha ha ots a deal

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

-Courtney

That's what I've found. Well not necessary hungover. Just things crop up when you don't promise sex lol

Yes, things do come up.

I guess I should have promised her sex. Maybe she'd have shown up

-Courtney"

Christ I could barely see never mind have sex! I am a disgrace!

By *moothies.Couple
over a year ago

Woodthorpe

If you're travelling on the a14 give us a shout for a cuppa or pint

over a year ago

I prefer a simple social. No pressure, no expectations, no disappointment.

More fun than going out alone. (The question "table for one?" is just depressing).

over a year ago

Definately love them!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I love a nice social but in the back of my mind I'm always wondering what kind of lover they are. It's not a problem because if we hit it off arrangements can then be made for another time

over a year ago

"So we all know why each other is here. But does anyone sometimes think a good social with no expectations would be nice?

I'd love to sometimes go out for a meal drinks and a good laugh about experiences without it all being about are we going to get in each other's pants"

Nope , not one bit ....

We have life outside of swinging for that .

over a year ago

I love socials, going to a pub meeting alot of people and getting to know them and then the usual back to the hotel hoping a few are staying in the same one and the fun breaks out then

over a year ago

"I prefer a simple social. No pressure, no expectations, no disappointment.

More fun than going out alone. (The question "table for one?" is just depressing)."

Very depressing. I'll be asking for that table for one tomorrow

over a year ago

If only someone would come up with a thread, People could post on there if they wanted a date/social

over a year ago

"If only someone would come up with a thread, People could post on there if they wanted a date/social

"

That's a bloody good idea

over a year ago

-Courtney"

I won't meet any old riff raff, even if they are from the forums

over a year ago

I had one of these the other night, it was just for a coffee, no expectations just a chat to see how we got on...we so ended up in the bedroom

over a year ago

I'd love to sometimes go out for a meal drinks and a good laugh about experiences without it all being about are we going to get in each other's pants"

I have coffee at least once a week with someone off here for a little gossip and catch up.

over a year ago

-Courtney

I won't meet any old riff raff, even if they are from the forums "

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We really enjoy social only meets with other fab members, it's great to relax and chat

over a year ago

I have had 2 socials both at clubs though, Lucky for me they turned into much more

over a year ago

We're on the same wavelength we would love to meet folk and just go for a meal or drink and expect nothing else but a total vanilla night

over a year ago

I love a social meet get a sense of each other . Drinking flirting it's brilliant X

over a year ago

Socials are my preferred first meet type

You can all get to know a bit more about each other, and if there's any chemistry between you.

It gives you the chance to back out of any further commitment too

Besides all of that, it's actually fun to just go and meet other fabbers, especially forumites

over a year ago

"Perfectly reasonable to have a social with no expectations of sex. Just talk about it instead "

I agree . Its what I always do

over a year ago

Nope , not one bit ....

We have life outside of swinging for that ."

Same

over a year ago

As I don't have sex without L being in the room or at least the building, and L is frequently not even in the same country. The occasional social is good with me, would need to be forum people though, people that I chat with anyway, as life is pretty full.

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I like socials, whether 1-1 or as an organised event,

I've said it often if I'm uncomfortable with the other folk in a social setting it's going to be really awkward getting naked with them.

over a year ago

Hahaha nope still struggling with this one. Maybe it's the curse of the single woman lol

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"But does anyone sometimes think a good social with no expectations would be nice?"

I do this all the time. I've met some wonderful people this way and also ended up with some great meets

over a year ago

I like socials- sometimes it leads to more- sometimes not. Either way I like meeting new people and its fun!

over a year ago

Only type of social I would consider these days

over a year ago

Sometimes I'll have a social if I can squeeze it in

It's usually a good laugh

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

we like socials, but only in clubs and organised events. Meals we keep for friends and family ...

over a year ago

"we like socials, but only in clubs and organised events. Meals we keep for friends and family ..."

I used to just after I left my ex. I soon realised that all my friends are still married with kids. They get out alone every couple of months and together every couple of months but I feel like a spare part. So waiting for mums to want a night out can be few and far between.

over a year ago

If i was single, yeah probably. But I'm not single, so no.

By *ary baileyCouple
over a year ago

basildon

A group social in pub is good. But we find our free time is limited so dont do, the go out meet couple for drink first. Unfortunatly we find most socials are in clubs. If im going a club we will want to play. So the nearest we get is meet new people at house parties but play with those we know. Then next time will know them or arrange a seperate meet. We tried holding socials but found people where not interested in meeting at pubs.

over a year ago

Nope. I don't have time for all that Malarky. Maybe if i was looking for dates i would. But I'm not.

By *ary baileyCouple
over a year ago

basildon

The last social we went to was in a club it was so noisy we couldnt talk and the host didnt show. So no one new who was there for the social

Post new Message to Thread