Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Aprils planned fuel increase

Jump to newest

By *eppers OP   Couple
over a year ago

telford

Of 5 pence per litre, would put fuel up in Shropshire supermarkets too a whopping £6.07per gallon,

Is it not time as a nation that we started to protest to our so called elected leaders to do something about it or would it just fall on deaf ears and be a case of I'm alright jack and f*** the little people.

Do you think its time we as a nation decided to be more militant or is a pipe dream where yet again coz we can't be arsed we just bend over and take it up the tail pipe?.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is time we protested, but this is the UK, and most of us don't have the backbone to do it. We'd sooner moan, groan and gripe about it - then pay the rediculously high price and moan again about it.

As much as I'm not keen on the French, at least they have a bit of spine about them and are prepared to protest.

By *eppers OP   Couple
over a year ago

telford

Here here red hot, its about time We as a nation but the great back in britain and got someone with backbone into parliament.

By *eppers OP   Couple
over a year ago

telford

Mind you if memory serves we had a chap who protested about the fuel increase and they gave him a cushy job some where, lol.

over a year ago

Much as many of us despise Osborne and all his works, he's written a budget based on an April fuel duty rise.

If the rise doesn't go ahead, he's going to want the money from somewhere else and I've yet to hear anyone say where else the money ought to come from. Even more VAT? Income Tax?

By *eppers OP   Couple
over a year ago

telford

They could save millions if they didn't waste so much in the first place, and make illegal claims in there expenses,

over a year ago

"They could save millions if they didn't waste so much in the first place, and make illegal claims in there expenses,"

Osborne has already said he's going to cut waste by whatever percentage it was he made up (I can't recall now) but I don't think he, or any of his multi-millionaire cabinet colleagues, actually said where they were going to make make savings from waste.

I doubt he reads Fab but if there any suggestion members want to make about where to make savings I'm sure someone will pass them on to him.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/01/11 17:58:43]

over a year ago

Poll tax last time around, fuel tax this time around can see a wee pattern forming here.

By *eppers OP   Couple
over a year ago

telford

Very true , but at what point does the ordinary man/woman in the street make a stand and say enough is enough.

over a year ago

"Very true , but at what point does the ordinary man/woman in the street make a stand and say enough is enough."

Lorry drivers rallied to protest two years ago and asked the ordinary motorist to support them. It fell on deaf ears. Its only now when the motorist is being affected they want to start a protest.

We could save billions bringing troops out of countries where we can't win a war and shelving trident... we could offer our young men and women proper well paid school leavers jobs by forcing any huge corporate making obscene profits pledge to employ more staff and training for the young. The more you have contributing to the tax system through employment the more you have in the pot.

over a year ago

"Very true , but at what point does the ordinary man/woman in the street make a stand and say enough is enough."

I believe it’ll be if and when it does go up, before the VAT increase most peoples annual wage increase covered the rises, but now that most peoples salaries are being cut or frozen then everyone except the very well off will feel the full brunt, definitely think this might well just brake the camels back

over a year ago

That's what people have to decide for themselves. It's only a couple of weeks since the people of Algeria decided they'd had enough of being lied to by their government and took to the streets.

How long will Dodgy Dave and his cronies have to break promises and tell lies before the people decide enough is enough?

over a year ago

"It is time we protested, but this is the UK, and most of us don't have the backbone to do it. We'd sooner moan, groan and gripe about it - then pay the rediculously high price and moan again about it.

As much as I'm not keen on the French, at least they have a bit of spine about them and are prepared to protest."

Got to say, in situations like this we'd much sooner have the French public backing us than the British.

For far too long we've just rolled over and taken whatever successive governments have wanted to dump on us.

The French however have long since learned that its the squeaking hinge that gets the oil.

XXXX

over a year ago

"It is time we protested, but this is the UK, and most of us don't have the backbone to do it. We'd sooner moan, groan and gripe about it - then pay the rediculously high price and moan again about it.

As much as I'm not keen on the French, at least they have a bit of spine about them and are prepared to protest."

Exactly right there.Here in the UK we don't do things like protest-it's just not cricket...

over a year ago

if it keeps going at this rate i will have to leave my job

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

All we ever do is moan moan moan. never anything more practical. to be honest I do think they could put fuel up to £10 a gallon and we would still only moan and nothing else!. I cant believe we won the last world war. hope we dont have another one!! just imagine how we would all stand side by side!!! what a laugh and im English!!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"

I believe it’ll be if and when it does go up, before the VAT increase most peoples annual wage increase covered the rises ..... "

I work for the Local Authority. We haven`t had a wage rise for the last two years and the proposals for us are:-

Conversion of 12 days paid holiday to unpaid holiday.

Reduction in the working week from 37 hours + 2 hours flat rate O/T to 35 hours with pro-rata pay.

Increased pension contributions.

In the case of those working nights on, for example, road gritting, there will be no stand down pay and no enhanced overtime rates. Or in other words, night work for flat rate money.

And that`s just a start!

My gross is 16 K and that`s set to fall with these proposals.

Post new Message to Thread