Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ain't that a kick in the head!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i work as a booking agent for bands that need gigs around the country and booked 2 bands for a promoter last night....was a full house and i made the promoter a clear £500 (he booked an additional 2 bands that brought no-one through the door), not easy in this business and on top of that, gave accommodation to one of the bands that had travelled up from down south.

the public thanks went to the venue, all the staff at the promotion company and all the bands....and ended there.

boy, don't i feel appreciated!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"i work as a booking agent for bands that need gigs around the country and booked 2 bands for a promoter last night....was a full house and i made the promoter a clear £500 (he booked an additional 2 bands that brought no-one through the door), not easy in this business and on top of that, gave accommodation to one of the bands that had travelled up from down south.

the public thanks went to the venue, all the staff at the promotion company and all the bands....and ended there.

boy, don't i feel appreciated!"

My nephew is doing the same in Norwich,,he doesn't get much thanks for it

By *lurmMan
over a year ago

Swansea-ish

wow....

over a year ago

"

My nephew is doing the same in Norwich,,he doesn't get much thanks for it"

I got none! and when i pressed why i was excluded got a response of "i didnt want to offend the promoter"....bizarre! how can he be offended when i made him £500?!

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Those working within the emergency services are very rarely thanked either

over a year ago

"

My nephew is doing the same in Norwich,,he doesn't get much thanks for it

I got none! and when i pressed why i was excluded got a response of "i didnt want to offend the promoter"....bizarre! how can he be offended when i made him £500?!"

my nephew has been promoting a band who,i get the feeling,may have some success.but no doubt he will have been shafted by then

so if you ever see a band called 'we can't dance' throw things at 'em

over a year ago

"Those working within the emergency services are very rarely thanked either "

if they had helped me i would and do personally thank them

but i think that's comparing apples and pears.

not sure how you would feel at work if you were in a team and did the most of the work and everyone got thanks but you

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

We had a fab night... which we wouldn't have done if it hadn't been for you!

Big thank you from me and Rubes!

over a year ago

"

my nephew has been promoting a band who,i get the feeling,may have some success.but no doubt he will have been shafted by then

so if you ever see a band called 'we can't dance' throw things at 'em "

like the amps?!

over a year ago

"We had a fab night... which we wouldn't have done if it hadn't been for you!

Big thank you from me and Rubes! "

you're a nutter!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

you're a nutter! "

I'm not you know... it was the three bottles of wine!!

over a year ago

birmingham

"not sure how you would feel at work if you were in a team and did the most of the work and everyone got thanks but you"

I'd put it down to me not being part of the clique

Opps, that's it, I've mentioned the word clique

over a year ago

I was thinking of going to there next gig and acting like the drummer in the commitments. they think all londoners are nutters. at some point they're gonna go to camden..then they're royally fucked

over a year ago

you're a nutter!

I'm not you know... it was the three bottles of wine!! "

...and an excess of young men!

over a year ago

It is good to feel appreciated from time to time!

Hence I am slaving over a stove or two at the mo making spicy parsnip soup for my colleagues!

We do not have a restaurant, so we bring our own food to eat at work.

I saw them eating tins of watery soup and thought I could do much better, and started to make soup for them.

This way, I get to have the kind of soups I seldom cook for just one person.

over a year ago

"not sure how you would feel at work if you were in a team and did the most of the work and everyone got thanks but you

I'd put it down to me not being part of the clique

Opps, that's it, I've mentioned the word clique "

i don't consider work teams a clique...you're not with them through choice!

over a year ago

"It is good to feel appreciated from time to time!

Hence I am slaving over a stove or two at the mo making spicy parsnip soup for my colleagues!

We do not have a restaurant, so we bring our own food to eat at work.

I saw them eating tins of watery soup and thought I could do much better, and started to make soup for them.

This way, I get to have the kind of soups I seldom cook for just one person.

"

that's a lovely thing to do.

over a year ago

birmingham

"you're not with them through choice!"

Oh but I am if I didn't enjoy my role I'd certainly have moved on

over a year ago

"you're not with them through choice!

Oh but I am if I didn't enjoy my role I'd certainly have moved on "

do you get appreciated for the work you do?! or are you singled out and everyone but you appreciated?

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

you're a nutter!

I'm not you know... it was the three bottles of wine!!

...and an excess of young men!"

OMG! Yes... I could have done unspeakables to him! There's something uber sexy about a hot hot hot bod!!

over a year ago

"

OMG! Yes... I could have done unspeakables to him! There's something uber sexy about a hot hot hot bod!! "

...there's that word again...

he didn't look so hot this morning hun, honest!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

OMG! Yes... I could have done unspeakables to him! There's something uber sexy about a hot hot hot bod!!

"

You didn't??!!!

over a year ago

I know I am bloody good at my job, and do not need to be told I am appreciated all the time, as the results often speak louder than words!

over a year ago

"I know I am bloody good at my job, and do not need to be told I am appreciated all the time, as the results often speak louder than words! "

i agree...and had they not publicly thanked everyone else who just had to turn up on the night whilst i was busy putting it together...i wouldn't have given a flying fuck!

over a year ago

"

You didn't??!!! "

good lord woman! no!!!

over a year ago

birmingham

"do you get appreciated for the work you do?"

No I don't, but then again, I don't expect to be thanked, sadly, we have a culture of management who don't know how to thank individuals for the tasks they've completed, it's all about targets, targets, targets!!

over a year ago

I once helped out behind the scene for a charity event, did a lot of the documentation work, working and staying up late designing and printing menus, list of auction items, table plans, writing out invitations etc...

When it came to the event itself, those who were "front of house" got thanked, one of them even got a present, clubbed together my myself and quite a few others.

And I got sweet FA, not even a mention, let alone flowers.

I was very upset, and felt let down. To make matter worse, those who got thanks thought something should have done for me, however, they were too chicken to say anything!

over a year ago

"I once helped out behind the scene for a charity event, did a lot of the documentation work, working and staying up late designing and printing menus, list of auction items, table plans, writing out invitations etc...

When it came to the event itself, those who were "front of house" got thanked, one of them even got a present, clubbed together my myself and quite a few others.

And I got sweet FA, not even a mention, let alone flowers.

I was very upset, and felt let down. To make matter worse, those who got thanks thought something should have done for me, however, they were too chicken to say anything! "

i do appreciate that it can be impossible to thank everyone, but that just sucks....either include everyone as an overall "thanks to the team" or no-one at all.

you're other post is also correct, i don't get thanks at work...but no-one does so i don't expect it...nor did i expect it last night.

but you cant thank one and not all.

i dont take a fee for my work because i appreciate the bands get little for all they do so to see everyone make money when i did all the work and still not get a mention was grrr.

Did it put you off doing anything similar?

I know i'll continue....because i love doing it!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

To answer sensibly... I've given up with it to be honest. I work to live. I don't live to work.

I organised an event at work and it was a shedload of work, a roaring success and everyone was mega impressed with all my hard work. I got the credit for it and was rewarded, it's not why I do that kind of thing, I do it because I love it and I'm good at it.

They decided to do the same event the following year. Imagine my surprise when someone else poked her way in and took over organising it. She came to me, borrowed my file, made a carbon copy of the event I put all the hard work into and then roped me in to help on the night like a spare prick. So there I am, stood there while they publicly thanked her and presented her with a huge bouquet of flowers. Mortifying.

They did it again last year, I politely declined when she asked me to assist. I tried not to take it personally because she clearly thought that the high flying event was her bag and not mine.

over a year ago

I fell out with the organisers of the said charity event the following year over something else, however, I still helped with the documentation.

However, I refused to help the following year, as I sided with my late partner during the fall out.

And no, it has not dampened my spirit to help organising events, as I like doing it, and it is in my nature to be helpful.

over a year ago

I really hate those who take the credit for other people's hard work!

Give credit where credit is due I'd say! Grrrrrrrrrr!

over a year ago

"To answer sensibly... I've given up with it to be honest. I work to live. I don't live to work.

I organised an event at work and it was a shedload of work, a roaring success and everyone was mega impressed with all my hard work. I got the credit for it and was rewarded, it's not why I do that kind of thing, I do it because I love it and I'm good at it.

They decided to do the same event the following year. Imagine my surprise when someone else poked her way in and took over organising it. She came to me, borrowed my file, made a carbon copy of the event I put all the hard work into and then roped me in to help on the night like a spare prick. So there I am, stood there while they publicly thanked her and presented her with a huge bouquet of flowers. Mortifying.

They did it again last year, I politely declined when she asked me to assist. I tried not to take it personally because she clearly thought that the high flying event was her bag and not mine. "

see...utter bollocks!

Post new Message to Thread