Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Recognition of other Swingers

Jump to newest

By *umour OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rushden

From time to time there have been posts about badges to wear that will tell those in the know that you are a swinger. Badges like the Chameleon badge or the Swing Pin. The problem with these is they are tangible and as a possession, your friends and family will likely know you have it, especially the women! It only takes one of the muck rags to print a story about it at the weekend and you are outted!

So, if you want to meet others whilst in vanilla world, what can you do? Personally, we are not interested in trying to meet people all the time, but can understand if you do. On another site we frequent, there is an idea that has taken off in a small way, but has been added to the sites swinging dictionary.

“Are you a friend of Ellis?” Sounds innocuous, but Ellis stands for LS (lifestyle). Kinda similar to “Are you a friend of Dorothy?” used by the Gay community. The good things are:

1. Ellis is not a mainstream name

2. There is no hard evidence to people you know

3. If someone answers no, you can say sorry, thought you were someone else.

4. If they say yes, you can dig deeper.

Of course, someone will know a guy called Ellis, but that is why you should dig deeper! Lol

Anyhoo.. Just putting it out there for you to muse over. If you like it, maybe it would work, but if not.. Forget I even posted!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This could be problematical

Sincerely

Ellis x

By *umour OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rushden

But think of the meets you could get!!!

over a year ago

I find a raphodising a propective swinger with a brief spell of lascivious gurning pays dividends.....its the epochoral grunt...

over a year ago

"But think of the meets you could get!!! "

Erm I think in 'vanilla world' its just called living - and as you live, meeting like minded people along the way is part and parcel of it. I know lots of swingers who are not members of a website. What came first the swinger or the website - a little more clear cut than the chicken and egg dilemma. You live and learn about your fellow man and all their 'secrets' away from websites such as this if you're switched on and gregarious. My mum and her mates were part of the scene or witnesses to it years ago which I think I mentioned in a previous post.

By *umour OP   Couple
over a year ago

Rushden

"But think of the meets you could get!!!

Erm I think in 'vanilla world' its just called living - and as you live, meeting like minded people along the way is part and parcel of it. I know lots of swingers who are not members of a website. What came first the swinger or the website - a little more clear cut than the chicken and egg dilemma. You live and learn about your fellow man and all their 'secrets' away from websites such as this if you're switched on and gregarious. My mum and her mates were part of the scene or witnesses to it years ago which I think I mentioned in a previous post."

Some people on here have been looking for a way to recognise other swingers in vanilla world. I came across this on another site and posted it for information!

I have said that we don't look when in vanilla world. To suggest that you can tell other swingers just by being "switched on and gregarious" just won't cut it with most people. Perhaps we are not all as telepathic as some, but as I said.. I am just putting it out there... make of it what you will!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Well, I think its a great idea!

over a year ago

This could be a bit iffy because knowing ke I'd be wearing my badge and the swingers that approach me would be like the ones from benidorm, that's just my luck x

over a year ago

Erm I think in 'vanilla world' its just called living - and as you live, meeting like minded people along the way is part and parcel of it. I know lots of swingers who are not members of a website. What came first the swinger or the website - a little more clear cut than the chicken and egg dilemma. You live and learn about your fellow man and all their 'secrets' away from websites such as this if you're switched on and gregarious. My mum and her mates were part of the scene or witnesses to it years ago which I think I mentioned in a previous post.

Some people on here have been looking for a way to recognise other swingers in vanilla world. I came across this on another site and posted it for information!

I have said that we don't look when in vanilla world. To suggest that you can tell other swingers just by being "switched on and gregarious" just won't cut it with most people. Perhaps we are not all as telepathic as some, but as I said.. I am just putting it out there... make of it what you will! "

Thanks for the info Rumour xx It's always good to get different ideas from people.

Personally I'd rather have it tatooed on my forehead than sidle up n ask people about Ellis .....

I am not ashamed about having sex.

over a year ago

I have said that we don't look when in vanilla world. To suggest that you can tell other swingers just by being "switched on and gregarious" just won't cut it with most people. Perhaps we are not all as telepathic as some, but as I said.. I am just putting it out there... make of it what you will!

Thanks for the info Rumour xx It's always good to get different ideas from people.

Personally I'd rather have it tatooed on my forehead than sidle up n ask people about Ellis .....

I am not ashamed about having sex.

"

over a year ago

Ive heard of this being used.

Isnt it for the bi community tho?

over a year ago

"Ive heard of this being used.

Isnt it for the bi community tho?"

Noooooooo they as for Bi lly

over a year ago

Bi lly

Gay nor

'arris

over a year ago

I have said that we don't look when in vanilla world. To suggest that you can tell other swingers just by being "switched on and gregarious" just won't cut it with most people. Perhaps we are not all as telepathic as some, but as I said.. I am just putting it out there... make of it what you will! "

When did gregarious come to equal telepathic? If you don't pow wow with others in life how do you get to know about anything outside of your own experiences? Sex chat doesnt begin and end on websites was my point nor did swinging begin with the advent of the internet. Swinging website forums are looked at by few - life is lived by everyone and everyone talks about every subject under the sun - including swinging.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/01/11 22:32:26]

over a year ago

Come on man 'Vanilla World' is this next to Alton Towers? The internet is part of the world - if you think its a place you visit you need to look up from your keyboard from time to time - you're at home - this place doesn't exist.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Calling life vanilla as if its a shadow of a swinging lifestyle is just hilarious - life is just life being a swinger and choosing to seek out other swingers via a website is just part of that life. There is more to life than swinging and most people live colourful flavoursome lives and dont swing. There is no better or worse ways to live life just different ways and most grown ups don't need to separate various aspects of their lives describing them as vanilla. "

Very well said that sexy woman.

i tend to find vanilla makes more sense in a BDSM context,as in dont scare the nillas,a reason why munches dont allow fet gear or some clubs ask you arrive in street gear and change there.

We just live our lives,some of us choose to fuck people in settings others might consider unconventional or wrong.It is not a lifestyle,or some great mark of liberation,hell the most right wing bigoted people i have ever come across have been swingers.

if you meet someone you fancy and it is appropriate, ask them, that's how we got all our meets pre the internet and contact mags,

And dont pretend this is something it is not.

over a year ago

At the end of the day, if ytou want to know if someone is a swinger ask them! That is the only foolproof way of finding out. All the code word stuff is rubbish.

Post new Message to Thread