Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Burlesque is best

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

following on from a very incorrect assumption made on another thread where someone linked burlesque with stripping;

jeremy vine today had this debate and they had a professional artiste and the opposition was quite possibly the most mis-informed individual i had ever heard to listen to in my life.

not only did she also make the assumption that burlesque performers were nothing more than strippers, but she also used the phrased "pimp their trade"...even though the artiste defending the art told her she never removed a single article of clothing and even performed at childrens parties..it didn't prevent the obvious mention of nipple tassles.

what is your view of burlesque?

interested to see how it's viewed in general...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"following on from a very incorrect assumption made on another thread where someone linked burlesque with stripping;

jeremy vine today had this debate and they had a professional artiste and the opposition was quite possibly the most mis-informed individual i had ever heard to listen to in my life.

not only did she also make the assumption that burlesque performers were nothing more than strippers, but she also used the phrased "pimp their trade"...even though the artiste defending the art told her she never removed a single article of clothing and even performed at childrens parties..it didn't prevent the obvious mention of nipple tassles.

what is your view of burlesque?

interested to see how it's viewed in general...

"

Love it. Beautiful, graceful, excquisite (however u spell it ) nothing like stripping. They are as similar as swinging is to prostitution!

over a year ago

Love burlesque, definitely not stripping, more tantalising and teasing Id say. Its definitely an art form.

But thats not to say that some strippers are great at performance and that can be graceful too, its not all ripped fishnets and firing out snooker balls from the pussy you know

over a year ago

"Love burlesque, definitely not stripping, more tantalising and teasing Id say. Its definitely an art form.

But thats not to say that some strippers are great at performance and that can be graceful too, its not all ripped fishnets and firing out snooker balls from the pussy you know "

Oh i know, i've seen the worst and some of the best, just very different. Emphasis in burlesque is in the tease and anticipation whereas in stripping it's more the skin

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Love burlesque, definitely not stripping, more tantalising and teasing Id say. Its definitely an art form.

But thats not to say that some strippers are great at performance and that can be graceful too, its not all ripped fishnets and firing out snooker balls from the pussy you know "

bet there's a few guys out there who would like to meet a woman with muscles strong enough to fire snooker balls out of their foof

over a year ago

But thats not to say that some strippers are great at performance and that can be graceful too, its not all ripped fishnets and firing out snooker balls from the pussy you know

bet there's a few guys out there who would like to meet a woman with muscles strong enough to fire snooker balls out of their foof "

One word. Thailand. they even get razor blades in and out *vom*

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive been to a couple of burlesque shows and at both there where more women than men in the audience. Burlesque is the art of titilation and very sexy imo

over a year ago

"Ive been to a couple of burlesque shows and at both there where more women than men in the audience. Burlesque is the art of titilation and very sexy imo"

apparently warner hotels are going to be doing a series of training days for ladies to teach them the art of burlesque.

you chaps are very friggin fortunate that women go through these efforts to please you...all you have to do is wash your bits!

over a year ago

"Ive been to a couple of burlesque shows and at both there where more women than men in the audience. Burlesque is the art of titilation and very sexy imo

apparently warner hotels are going to be doing a series of training days for ladies to teach them the art of burlesque.

you chaps are very friggin fortunate that women go through these efforts to please you...all you have to do is wash your bits!"

We have to wash our bits?...just no pleasing some women

over a year ago

"

you chaps are very friggin fortunate that women go through these efforts to please you...all you have to do is wash your bits!

We have to wash our bits?...just no pleasing some women "

don't mind you washing someone else's, as long as you all get around to washing each others eventually

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/01/11 23:37:49]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Ive been to a couple of burlesque shows and at both there where more women than men in the audience. Burlesque is the art of titilation and very sexy imo

you chaps are very friggin fortunate that women go through these efforts to please you...all you have to do is wash your bits!"

ooooooh goody, will give me a chance to go to my favourite hotel, thorsby hall i just love it when we go there and to incorporate burlesque would be brillian

over a year ago

I must be odd...

I dont find stripping or burlesque facinating or titilating at all.

Used to go with mates to the revue bar in brum years ago and used to be bored

over a year ago

ooooooh goody, will give me a chance to go to my favourite hotel, thorsby hall i just love it when we go there and to incorporate burlesque would be brillian"

that's the one that kicked it off! they did an event there last week and the level of interest convinced the chain to take it nationwide

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

ooooooh goody, will give me a chance to go to my favourite hotel, thorsby hall i just love it when we go there and to incorporate burlesque would be brillian

that's the one that kicked it off! they did an event there last week and the level of interest convinced the chain to take it nationwide "

Burlesque has become very popular again over the last few years and its for women of all sizes i would love to go to one of their training sessions. Will just have to convince jay to take me now lol

over a year ago

that's the one that kicked it off! they did an event there last week and the level of interest convinced the chain to take it nationwide

Burlesque has become very popular again over the last few years and its for women of all sizes i would love to go to one of their training sessions. Will just have to convince jay to take me now lol"

i agree...anything that can empower a women is good for her and one size fits all!

over a year ago

I think the most famous burlesque performer in my mind is Gypsy Rose Lee. My mother used to live burlesque too and she had a book on Gypsy Rose Lee with lots of pictures and I used to constantly look at the outfits etc.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

burlesque,is performance art,with a risque edge.

where the performer is,sexy,empowered,and dominant.

could be the reason,females like it,as much as males.

By *evin5050Man
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I enjoy burlesque too. Dita Von Teese is a particular favourite..... mmmmm.

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"what is your view of burlesque?"

Yawn.

"Crap" is the word that sums it up for me. Perhaps if we were still living with Victorian values and people covered piano legs to prevent men becoming turgidly aroused, it might have some currency, but it's just a twee relic now.

Maybe I've been spoiled, desensitised by the internet and modern life in general, but there you go, such is the nature of progress. By the same token, I don't expect women to keep a low profile and sit in the drawing room with their embroidery, so perhaps progress isn't all bad.

If it helps some uptight people loosen up at the thought of being risque, good for them, they'll be the same people that send saucy seaside postcards and think they are pushing the boundaries of taste and decency. I'd recommend sticking a finger up their husbands' bums to perk their lives up (especially in Tesco).

Why anyone would find it offensive is beyond me, apart from the fact it's so lame.

Just my opinion, like.

over a year ago

Piano legs have never been covered to stop men becoming aroused...EVER

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"what is your view of burlesque?

Yawn.

"Crap" is the word that sums it up for me. Perhaps if we were still living with Victorian values and people covered piano legs to prevent men becoming turgidly aroused, it might have some currency, but it's just a twee relic now.

Maybe I've been spoiled, desensitised by the internet and modern life in general, but there you go, such is the nature of progress. By the same token, I don't expect women to keep a low profile and sit in the drawing room with their embroidery, so perhaps progress isn't all bad.

If it helps some uptight people loosen up at the thought of being risque, good for them, they'll be the same people that send saucy seaside postcards and think they are pushing the boundaries of taste and decency. I'd recommend sticking a finger up their husbands' bums to perk their lives up (especially in Tesco).

Why anyone would find it offensive is beyond me, apart from the fact it's so lame.

Just my opinion, like. "

sex is'nt just,

knob,knob,knob,

fanny,fanny,fanny,

somtimes the subtle,is sexy.

if you grow up,

you'll come to realise this.

over a year ago

Not having had the chance to read the other thread as ive been to work but i thought burlesque is sexy dancing not stripping, Dita Von Teese is one and very hot not that ive seen her dance though

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"Piano legs have never been covered to stop men becoming aroused...EVER "

No, and the Victorians did plenty of fucking, drinking, drugs and visited hookers, just like today, it wasn't a time of total prudishness and enforced decorum.

The piano legs urban myth is a commonly used device to identify a point, a bit like saying Hitler had only one bollock. Innacurate, but easy to associate with. The term "Victorian values" could mean all manner of things, including child slavery, racism, warmongering and social division, but we all know that's not what's meant by the term.

Try not to think too deeply about these things, you're only here for the pussy, not accurate historical and sociological debate!

over a year ago

Thank you for your advice...but I adore thinking deeply. Give it a try and perhaps, as a previous poster suggested, you might discover what subtlty is all about

over a year ago

Yawn to the yawn...

over a year ago

ay up sandman's about

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

"sex is'nt just,

knob,knob,knob,

fanny,fanny,fanny,

somtimes the subtle,is sexy.

if you grow up,

you'll come to realise this. "

Come on, I agree that "sexy" is more than the mechanics of knob meeting fanny, I'm not a total savage (mostly, perhaps, but not total), give me some credit please!

A gleam in the eye or a breathless emphasis of a loaded phrase can be a super-erotic trigger - by the time knob and fanny connect (if indeed they do, it's not absolutely necessary for fulfillment is it?) the larger proportion of the stimulating experience has taken place

I did say in my first post, if that's what perks up someone's life, great, different strokes for different folks, I'm not judging anyone for what lifts their skirt.

What I object to is the way Burlesque is championed as something saucy but not filthy, "stripping lite" for people who wouldn't want to be associated with strippers. It is in the same category as stripping in my book, but limping about in the "lame" wing at one extreme. At the other extreme are the women firing ping-pong balls out of their minge, and in between are the table dancers, pole dancers, and Sunday lunchtime pub strippers who never show "pink", but can hold me rapt simply by the way they move their hips, become at one with the rhythm. Interesting to different degrees, but with either extreme holding nothing more than passing appeal to me personally.

If my significant other liked to do it and found it created a spark, superb, that can only be a good thing, but I might find the way she hoovers the stairs alluring too. I'd not expect her to tell the world how liberated it makes her feel to perform, it's just sooooo twee. You are trying to pique a man's interest, it's not difficult, don't try and make too much of it, just entertain please.

Modern men are exposed to so much explicit material all the time, it takes a hell of a lot to hold our attention. Of course a man will say he loves his wife's Burlesque routines, he's not stupid, he has to live with her and will say that black is white, to keep the prospect of the elusive shag alive. Trust me though, he's working hard to maintain that interest!

Some women can dance, others are pitiful (usually any woman over 30 who raises her arms over shoulder height whilst dancing comes into the latter category.)Having a woman wriggle and hide behind an ostrich feather becomes boring VERY quickly, especially if one has no personal connection to her.

over a year ago

Some people haven't frequented the Burlesque shows I have!!

But each to their own!! Horses for Courses!!

The Queen of Burlesque (posted by a member a few weeks ago!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXf_nTImg-U

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I went to a Burlesque show in London a couple of years ago and along with the lady who I took with me, thoroughly enjoyed it! The girls were lovely, the acts were very imaginative and polished and the compaire, Jo King, really knew how to manage the audience! The thing that surprised me was the age group in the audience! I suppose the oldest three people in the place were the compaire, my friend and myself! All the rest were mainly groups of ladies or gents in their twenties!

over a year ago

I quite like Burlesque dancers, not as much as I like Female Flamenco dancers though

over a year ago

"Ive been to a couple of burlesque shows and at both there where more women than men in the audience. Burlesque is the art of titilation and very sexy imo"
just what i was going to say your right its a art and people only have to look at the best woman Dita Von Tease take a look at here on YOUTube... I love dancing too at Erotica one year when she was there i had some lessons and got the Big fans and nipples things and its alot harder then it looks them moves .. the bird move ..... you make the fan as your tail .. lol not easy.

over a year ago

I was a tad offended when he said I don't go with strippers. Burlesque is not stripping I never take my clothes off and the dancers I've seen don't there nipples are covered etc. But there's no educating some men lol.

But I couldn't be arsed to argue, but not on any pictures on my profile am I naked.

I don't go with strippers. He'd be lucky

By *evin5050Man
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Some people haven't frequented the Burlesque shows I have!!

But each to their own!! Horses for Courses!!

The Queen of Burlesque (posted by a member a few weeks ago!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXf_nTImg-U

"

Thanks Estee - great clip. classy, stylish and elegant - but very sexy too.

over a year ago

That clip is awesome so sexy

over a year ago

the clip was amazing but it was no surprise that it featured Dita Von Teese. Dita is certainly at the top of her profession in these current times, and everyone will think of Dita alongside the word burlesque. But burlesque has been popular for many many years, in the old vaudeville days, its those old time burlesque performers, like Gyspy Rose Lee, that I admire too.

Oh and I also like Immodesty Blaize, shes really sexy too.

I also love showgirls and can can dancers ie; Moulin Rouge. Its all that glamour, diamante corsets and feathers that attract me

over a year ago

I'm kinda with you on the corsets, the glamour of it all from the burlesque to the showgirls. The empowerment of the woman to have the men (of that era in particular) in the palm of their hand without touching them is refreshing.

over a year ago

To me it is the very art of being sexy and feminine, its the art of tease.. to show that you dont have to show it all to get a man aroused..

I find it great..and love the costumes.. As Master knows Burlesque is very much my thing.

Katie.x

Post new Message to Thread