Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Most boring forum post ever...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sorry guys n girl but need some advice

Is it normal after havin a tooth removed to want to rip my head off because the pain is so intense?? I thought having a tooth removed should make it better, but its SOOOO much worse! Feels like my jaw has been broken too Meh!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Sorry guys n girl but need some advice

Is it normal after havin a tooth removed to want to rip my head off because the pain is so intense?? I thought having a tooth removed should make it better, but its SOOOO much worse! Feels like my jaw has been broken too Meh!"

Sounds like you got an infection ? go back to dentist and get it checked

over a year ago

thats normal, give it a couple of days and keep taking the tablets

over a year ago

Is it normal after havin a tooth removed to want to rip my head off because the pain is so intense?? I thought having a tooth removed should make it better, but its SOOOO much worse! Feels like my jaw has been broken too Meh!"

I had 4 taken out a while ago and I don't remember it being that bad..have you taken all the strong meds you can? If not maybe head to an emergency clinic if your dentist doesn't have time to take a quick looky-see

Hope you feel better soon

over a year ago

I had Toothache over Christmas, once it was removed it was sore for a couple of Days, I found Ibrupofen worked better than Aspirin

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Im taking 2 paracetamol (1mg) and then 2 hours later im topping it up with 400mg of Ibobrufen .. its barely making a difference. Dentist just said to keep with it.

Recovering after a C Section was easier than this lol

Anyone got some horse tranquilizers? lol

over a year ago

Sometimes the force they use in getting tooth out can bruise and if it only happened yesterday then its gonna hurt.

Rinse mouth with warm salty water and take some strong painkillers.

But if it continues, seek help

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

try solpadeine, helped a lot when i had my wisdom teeth removed

over a year ago

"Im taking 2 paracetamol (1mg) and then 2 hours later im topping it up with 400mg of Ibobrufen .. its barely making a difference. Dentist just said to keep with it.

Recovering after a C Section was easier than this lol

Anyone got some horse tranquilizers? lol"

If you're off work try syndol. Will make you sleepy but that doesn't matter if you're on the sofa

over a year ago

i had one of mine pulled a few days ago and i'm going through the same thing.

i've been advised to get some corsodyl mouthwash as its an antibacterial to prevent infection.

hope you feel better soon

over a year ago

You shouldn`t have to tolerate intense pain gal....thats wholly unecessary..

Theres stronger pain relief available out there, to which yer entitled without to much fuss...

Be more assertive with yer dentist or seek help via your doc...a phone call would do ...

Don`t take shit....best of luck....

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just to make you feel better... this is not the most boring post ever.

over a year ago

Had 4 impacted wisdom teeth smashed out and gums sewn up in hospital.

Only trouble I had was a sore throat from the tube they shoved down.

Sounds like there's something wrong there, go back and give him grief 'till he sorts it. R

XX

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/01/11 12:49:14]

over a year ago

You're being harsh on yourself. You have a million miles to go before yours is the most boring thread ever...just check out the various shag, slap, insult threads posted...they make me want to rip my head off.

As to your question - sounds like you have an infection. My daughter recently had her wisdom teeth removed. The first two - no problem, the last two - intense pain due to an infection. Go back to the dentist, they'll clean the site and probably give you some penicilin.

Hope the pain goes soon!

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"Rinse mouth with warm salty water "

Errr!! There is already a post for this sort of thing elswhere on the forum!!

(Poor girl is in pain and all you can think of is watersports!!)

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Anyone got some horse tranquilizers? lol"

Yeah.

But got a meet tonight, so I can't spare any.

over a year ago

I had a particularly nasty tooth removed and my jaw was broken by the dentist...it had fractured around the socket!

By *orestersCouple
over a year ago

The Forest

The problem with orally taken analgesics is that the effects are diminished by digestion. You could try soaking a cotton wool ball in a dispersible paracetamol solution and placing it between the teeth, or between gum and problem tooth.

over a year ago

Is it normal after havin a tooth removed to want to rip my head off because the pain is so intense?? I thought having a tooth removed should make it better, but its SOOOO much worse! Feels like my jaw has been broken too Meh!

I had a particularly nasty tooth removed and my jaw was broken by the dentist...it had fractured around the socket! "

Broken jaw, must have had is fist in there! lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

this is nowhere near the most boring forum post ever....

its not even the most boring forum post on page 1......

over a year ago

"i had one of mine pulled a few days ago and i'm going through the same thing.

i've been advised to get some corsodyl mouthwash as its an antibacterial to prevent infection.

hope you feel better soon"

Corsodyl is great but make sure you read the instructions about staining teeth.

over a year ago

Most infections following dental extraction are fairly easily cleared but but if the patient has any history of heart disease it's worth consulting a doctor sharpish.

Whilst opinion differs nowadays about the link between bacteria getting into the bloodstream following having a tooth out and infective endocarditis it's something a dentist ought to have discussed with the patient before the procedure.

By *orkielad666Man
over a year ago

keighley

i had toothache a few days ago so i took some beechams powder n took the pain away

over a year ago

"Most infections following dental extraction are fairly easily cleared but but if the patient has any history of heart disease it's worth consulting a doctor sharpish.

Whilst opinion differs nowadays about the link between bacteria getting into the bloodstream following having a tooth out and infective endocarditis it's something a dentist ought to have discussed with the patient before the procedure."

Wise words, although we don`t know if the dentist discussed it with her ....telling her to grin n bear it tho,is in my opinion unacceptable .... ....he has a duty of care ..

Seek professional help....only by seeing her will someone be able to ascertain the cause of her pain...and take it from there ....

I ain`t a doctor...so I try to refrain from dispensing clinical advice to strangers!!

Post new Message to Thread