Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can you be too gentlemanly?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am just wondering if you can be too polite and back off when you shouldn’t. I am not on about being rude or not pressurising people. I am on about mailing more than once if deleted and being a little cheeky and pushing a little harder for a meet. I know some men get more meets than others and I am wondering if they are less likely to be put off?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You just have to get the balance right. I like cheeky. However, I'm instantly put off if someone writes me a long (fairly boring) PM... usually the type that copy all my questions and answer them without any humour like they're filling in a job application and then when I've read it, 20 minutes later they PM again and say that they expected a response since they put in some effort.

No... putting in some effort would require a bit of banter for me. I like cheeky buggers who know how to take the piss. People who are serious all the time bore the pants off me, just not in a positive way!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I someone sends me a reply and i delete it without replying it simply means im not interested, if they mailed me again the chances are they will just get another message deleted lol

if i say no to someone and they try and push it i just see them as pushy guys who have no respect for what i say there for i wouldnt meet

if im interested in someone i make it clear

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"You just have to get the balance right. I like cheeky. However, I'm instantly put off if someone writes me a long (fairly boring) PM... usually the type that copy all my questions and answer them without any humour like they're filling in a job application and then when I've read it, 20 minutes later they PM again and say that they expected a response since they put in some effort.

No... putting in some effort would require a bit of banter for me. I like cheeky buggers who know how to take the piss. People who are serious all the time bore the pants off me, just not in a positive way!

"

mmmmmmmmm opps x

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Don't push,if someone has'nt replied its because they don't want to

I don't see it as cheeky I see it as pushy and a waste of time as I still won't reply

over a year ago

It's one thing to email if we've been chatted and I've not replied for a couple of days - sometimes messages can get lost in your inbox, it only shows so many.

But, I don't like it when people email and ask if I'm interested when I've not replied yet or deleted. And I hate it when I say no thanks, good luck and they try to argue with me!

over a year ago

"I someone sends me a reply and i delete it without replying it simply means im not interested, if they mailed me again the chances are they will just get another message deleted lol

if i say no to someone and they try and push it i just see them as pushy guys who have no respect for what i say there for i wouldnt meet

if im interested in someone i make it clear"

Quite agree! Plus if they wrote again after I deleted I'd block as well, pushy, arrogant blokes who can't get over I'm not interested not for me!

over a year ago

This is a swingers site, not some kind of 'chase me, chase me' or 'playing hard to get' game. Most couples/ladies are not coy on here. If they are interested, they will let you know. If someone says no or deletes your message, don't "be a little cheeky and push a little harder for a meet" - accept it as a refusal, and move on.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"You just have to get the balance right. I like cheeky. However, I'm instantly put off if someone writes me a long (fairly boring) PM... usually the type that copy all my questions and answer them without any humour like they're filling in a job application and then when I've read it, 20 minutes later they PM again and say that they expected a response since they put in some effort.

mmmmmmmmm opps x"

It's cool when it's done with a bit of humour!

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

mmmmmmmmm opps x

It's cool when it's done with a bit of humour! "

phew xx

Post new Message to Thread