Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Getting Fit In 2016

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just been looking at fitness classes in the local gyms to do before work. Anyone had any good results with metafit and insanity? HIIT training seems to be the big thing these days for blitzing fat, at least that's what I've read.

Any advice or feedback appreciated x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I really wouldn't advise going into one of these programmes without a basic level of fitness prior to it.

I can only think is a sure fire way to end up injuring yourself going from zero to hero in a few weeks

over a year ago

No. No. No. No.

Eat clean meals with a weekend treat meal. Train with weights 3 times per week squatting, deadlifting and overhead pressing. You will be amazed and so will others AND you'll actually keep the fat off.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I really wouldn't advise going into one of these programmes without a basic level of fitness prior to it.

I can only think is a sure fire way to end up injuring yourself going from zero to hero in a few weeks "

Hmm it says for all levels even beginners as it's body weight exercises

over a year ago

I don't really do any fitness classes as I do bodybuilding, with the traditional body split workouts, for example, chest/biceps one day and so on, big muscle group with a small one x.

over a year ago

There's a 2016 fit and healthy thread which, if like last year, will run for most of the year op!

On there there is everyone from enthusiastic amateurs like me who want to shed half a stone or so - to those who've shed over half their body weight and kept it off - to pt's semi-pro's etc!

It's a good place to go for diet and exercise advice! I think a lot of us will be hitting the gym and dieting next week!

over a year ago

Boxing training is amazing...Have a look in your local area for anyone that wants to shed a few pounds or tone up

over a year ago

Forgot to mention that a popular fitness class many take at my gym is one called "afterburn".

Post new Message to Thread