Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

working from home

Jump to newest

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

How many people work from home? What tips have you got for staying motivated, and not just spending all day on Fab?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I work from home the majority of the week now. I'm always on the phone and have a full diary, so I always have to be doing stuff.

I guess just keep yourself busy.

over a year ago

"How many people work from home? What tips have you got for staying motivated, and not just spending all day on Fab? "

None at all. Working from home today been on fab all day oops xx

over a year ago

I have the option of working from home. Spend most my time on Fab and watching Bloomberg. If I need to do serious work I go into the Office I'm useless at concentrating. I feel guilty about getting paid for it sometimes.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I can only work from home if I have a deadline so I'm better off in a work environment. Mr N on the other hand always works from home and is extremely motivated. In my opinion you either have what it takes or you don't.

By *ockyjohnMan
over a year ago

North West

Working from home = Wanking from home

over a year ago

Set yourself up in a room away from distraction.. But not the bedroom.. Work the hours you would in a 9-5 job.. Giving yourself a lunch break and maybe a morning and afternoon tea break. If you don't use phone for work then turn it off... Put on some music and get cracking ... I used to work from home and unless I treated it like a 'normal' s office job and gave myself set hours I'd find myself doing nothing all day because it was always.. After this cup of coffee.. Or after this programme... I had to have a phone for work purposes.. So I bought one that had no Internet on and turned other one off x

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Set yourself up in a room away from distraction.. But not the bedroom.. Work the hours you would in a 9-5 job.. Giving yourself a lunch break and maybe a morning and afternoon tea break. If you don't use phone for work then turn it off... Put on some music and get cracking ... I used to work from home and unless I treated it like a 'normal' s office job and gave myself set hours I'd find myself doing nothing all day because it was always.. After this cup of coffee.. Or after this programme... I had to have a phone for work purposes.. So I bought one that had no Internet on and turned other one off x"

I need to do this. I need to build some proper structure into my day

over a year ago

"Set yourself up in a room away from distraction.. But not the bedroom.. Work the hours you would in a 9-5 job.. Giving yourself a lunch break and maybe a morning and afternoon tea break. If you don't use phone for work then turn it off... Put on some music and get cracking ... I used to work from home and unless I treated it like a 'normal' s office job and gave myself set hours I'd find myself doing nothing all day because it was always.. After this cup of coffee.. Or after this programme... I had to have a phone for work purposes.. So I bought one that had no Internet on and turned other one off x

I need to do this. I need to build some proper structure into my day"

Took me a while.. But soon realised it was the only way.. Otherwise I'd be finding myself working until the early hours to get things finished x

over a year ago

A friend of mine who occasionally works from home,dresses as if she's going, walks out of the front door, locks it, unlocks it and then walks back in again!

over a year ago

I have worked full time from home for two years. It is about structure and focus. Get your work done then you can play. Of course you can wear whatever you want when working so certainly you can make it more fun than being in an office.

over a year ago

Give yourself a structure, I try and get all important stuff done before lunch.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I'm currently working from home. Or should be. Gone shopping instead!!!

over a year ago

I work from home one day a week, and generally find it a useful exercise in getting away from the office and all the distractions it brings

At the office, when I'm not seeing people, the phone is constantly ringing and e-mails pinging - at home I can turn off my mobile and shut the laptop and get down to some serious fabbing

over a year ago

I work from home most of the time most of our clients and suppliers are distant or overseas so a lot of my work is computer based which means i spend a lot of time with fab or suchlike running in the background

This helps to break up the monotony of work if it becomes a distraction i would shut it down

By *LCC OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

I used to be office based and loved it. Office was an easy 20 minute commute, we had great camaraderie in the office and I really enjoyed spending time with my co-workers. We got so much work done. Now we are all spread out, office is 2 hours away, and I only have to go there once or twice a month.

I would love office based, with occassional home working

Post new Message to Thread