Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A sensitive question for black and asian guys

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm getting a bit fed up with doing a search and at the bottom of an interesting profile, seeing the phrase "no black or Asian guys".

Now I'm not complaining about people having a preference it's everyone's right to choose, and it's all good, I'm not offended by people's personal choice, just to make this point clear.

IM NOT OFFENDED BY PEOPLES PERSONAL CHOICES OR PREFRENCES!!!

Hat I'm asking is would you find it offensive or in fact is it legal to have a filter that excludes people of a certain race form contacting profiles, some profiles are really long and detailed and when you get to the bottom and you realise that in the interests of respecting people's personal preference, that you can't contact that person anyway.

In fact I'm sure that this is the case for white guys too when you read a profile and they are only willing to meet black or Asian guys.

I guess there could be a legal reason that no such filter exists, but we are all busy people, and I think that this kind of filter would save a lot if time and energy and disappointment.

Ok, being as I'm not the sort of chap to shy away from controversy I'll wait for the backlash, but just to put the record straight, THIS IS NOT A MOAN THREAD ABOUT PEOPLE WHO WONT MEET OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS, and I apologise to any ethnic group that I may have left out, it sent intentional

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

There are filters to include (and by default, exclude) ethnicities

And no, it is not illegal not to want to have sex (or want to have sex) with somebody because of their ethnicity

over a year ago

"There are filters to include (and by default, exclude) ethnicities

And no, it is not illegal not to want to have sex (or want to have sex) with somebody because of their ethnicity"

No I meant the legality of having a filter such as the one that excludes certain ages, not the legality of having sex with someone if a different race

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I couldn't care less to be honest...

I'm looking to meet interesting people, who are interested in meeting me...socially and beyond.

I'm not even interested in the reasons for the preferences...it matters very little.

I'm here to grow, mind and body, and I've had enough positive meets to feel satisfied. On occasion, I've even had a meet with a lady who had the aforementioned 'white guys only' disclaimer.

We had some wonderful times...

We connect with who we connect with...and heart and body want, what they want.

Peace y'all

over a year ago

Ok once again, I'm not trying to get into the rights and wrongs of people's PREFRENCES I'm just looking at the filter system and that is it

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"There are filters to include (and by default, exclude) ethnicities

And no, it is not illegal not to want to have sex (or want to have sex) with somebody because of their ethnicity

No I meant the legality of having a filter such as the one that excludes certain ages, not the legality of having sex with someone if a different race"

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, I don't know the answer to that but I think it is a good idea

I would like a filter like that for height; but that is not what you asked and this is your thread

over a year ago

"No I meant the legality of having a filter such as the one that excludes certain ages, not the legality of having sex with someone if a different race"

It's not illegal to have preferences....

Preferring something over another different thing isn't a hate crime. You can have an attraction to something without hating an 'alternative' something else.

over a year ago

I'd like a filter to remove the people who have racial preferences. It would save me time reading their profiles since we wouldn't be compatible.

over a year ago

I thought there was a filter on Advanced Search. They added 'ethnicity' to profiles a while ago but I don't know if people use that tick box.

over a year ago

"No I meant the legality of having a filter such as the one that excludes certain ages, not the legality of having sex with someone if a different race

Preferring something over another different thing isn't a hate crime. You can have an attraction to something without hating an 'alternative' something else."

I know it's not illegal to have Prefrences, but I was more wondering if it was illegal for the site to offer such a filter

over a year ago

"No I meant the legality of having a filter such as the one that excludes certain ages, not the legality of having sex with someone if a different race

Preferring something over another different thing isn't a hate crime. You can have an attraction to something without hating an 'alternative' something else."

Depends on what the tick box said.

"I ain't fooking none of those ##.... "

over a year ago

"I thought there was a filter on Advanced Search. They added 'ethnicity' to profiles a while ago but I don't know if people use that tick box."

There is, but that is only if I am searching, and I don't want a certain ethnic group, it doesn't filter out those in the search results who don't want a certain ethnic group

over a year ago

Preferring something over another different thing isn't a hate crime. You can have an attraction to something without hating an 'alternative' something else.

I know it's not illegal to have Prefrences, but I was more wondering if it was illegal for the site to offer such a filter"

I suspect it's not illegal for the site to offer such a filter - the filter itself is not a hate crime.

However sometimes the words people write on their profile I think could be considered hate speech when it comes to race 'preferences'.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"I ain't fooking none of those ##.... ""

I hate to correct you but "fooking" is spelt as "f**king"

over a year ago

"I ain't fooking none of those ##.... ""

Yeah call me racist but I would never fuck a hashtag, eugh lol

over a year ago

"I thought there was a filter on Advanced Search. They added 'ethnicity' to profiles a while ago but I don't know if people use that tick box.

There is, but that is only if I am searching, and I don't want a certain ethnic group, it doesn't filter out those in the search results who don't want a certain ethnic group"

Good point. Doh.

over a year ago

I hate to correct you but "fooking" is spelt as "f**king" "

Depends if you're Northern or not.

(Ew... Northerners...)

over a year ago

"

I know it's not illegal to have Prefrences, but I was more wondering if it was illegal for the site to offer such a filter"

I guess the common response is, most dating sites offer age type filters, how is this different..?

What would you say the crime may be...?

Unless someone explicit said they don't meet members of a particular race because they view them as lesser in someway, even the filterer hasn't done anything immoral.

I filter by how stimulated mentally I get with someone, and how hot I find them.... Alas fab don't offer a service which helps me.

over a year ago

I know it's not illegal to have Prefrences, but I was more wondering if it was illegal for the site to offer such a filter

I suspect it's not illegal for the site to offer such a filter - the filter itself is not a hate crime.

However sometimes the words people write on their profile I think could be considered hate speech when it comes to race 'preferences'."

So a filter would eliminate the need to write it in the profile, then we can get on with the business of finding what we all want

over a year ago

For me I much prefer profiles which set out what they DO want rather than it being the other way round and a big long list of what they DON'T want. Filters to stop people even being able to contact you feel a bit like they work on that negative principle and don't quite sit right with me. I know it's the same end result but "I prefer to meet white men" is different from "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FOREIGN" and a filter might mean that difference was lost if they no longer had to choose the way they expressed their preferences on their profile. That choice of expression tells you a lot about a person.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"I thought there was a filter on Advanced Search. They added 'ethnicity' to profiles a while ago but I don't know if people use that tick box.

There is, but that is only if I am searching, and I don't want a certain ethnic group, it doesn't filter out those in the search results who don't want a certain ethnic group"

I understand what you mean now; like you said, as is with the age filter or a 'sex' filter where someone outside of that age range or a specified 'sex' simply cannot send a message

No, there is no such filter

over a year ago

"

I guess the common response is, most dating sites offer age type filters, how is this different..?

What would you say the crime may be...?

Unless someone explicit said they don't meet members of a particular race because they view them as lesser in someway, even the filterer hasn't done anything immoral.

I filter by how stimulated mentally I get with someone, and how hot I find them.... Alas fab don't offer a service which helps me.

"

I'm not saying there is a crime, I'm just wondering if it could be illegal to offer such a filter, I personally think it's a great idea

over a year ago

"For me I much prefer profiles which set out what they DO want rather than it being the other way round and a big long list of what they DON'T want. Filters to stop people even being able to contact you feel a bit like they work on that negative principle and don't quite sit right with me. I know it's the same end result but "I prefer to meet white men" is different from "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FOREIGN" and a filter might mean that difference was lost if they no longer had to choose the way they expressed their preferences on their profile. That choice of expression tells you a lot about a person. "

Good point, and well put

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

(Ew... Northerners...)"

Northerners, Southeners; you lot all sound the same to me

over a year ago

However sometimes the words people write on their profile I think could be considered hate speech when it comes to race 'preferences'."

But it's a great filter.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"For me I much prefer profiles which set out what they DO want rather than it being the other way round and a big long list of what they DON'T want. Filters to stop people even being able to contact you feel a bit like they work on that negative principle and don't quite sit right with me. I know it's the same end result but "I prefer to meet white men" is different from "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FOREIGN" and a filter might mean that difference was lost if they no longer had to choose the way they expressed their preferences on their profile. That choice of expression tells you a lot about a person. "

I think that is a better way of expressing a preference

"I like pizza", as opposed to "I do not like sausages"

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Another pile of pish post. Don't want fat, don't want bi , don't want white , don't want over certain age , don't want tattoos, don't want ripped , don't want hairy , get over it, it's choice.

over a year ago

"Another pile of pish post. Don't want fat, don't want bi , don't want white , don't want over certain age , don't want tattoos, don't want ripped , don't want hairy , get over it, it's choice. "

I think the OP acknowledged that it was choice very early on in his original post...

over a year ago

"Another pile of pish post. Don't want fat, don't want bi , don't want white , don't want over certain age , don't want tattoos, don't want ripped , don't want hairy , get over it, it's choice.

I think the OP acknowledged that it was choice very early on in his original post... "

I did try, and this is why a filter is a good idea, people not reading what is written right before their very eyes

over a year ago

"For me I much prefer profiles which set out what they DO want rather than it being the other way round and a big long list of what they DON'T want. Filters to stop people even being able to contact you feel a bit like they work on that negative principle and don't quite sit right with me. I know it's the same end result but "I prefer to meet white men" is different from "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FOREIGN" and a filter might mean that difference was lost if they no longer had to choose the way they expressed their preferences on their profile. That choice of expression tells you a lot about a person.

"I like pizza", as opposed to "I do not like sausages""

I have to agree.. Sometimes its disheartening to read a great profile only to read at the very end "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FORIGHN" i just think people could be more polite/considerate or even suttle but to spell it out in bold and capital with explination marks i find is quiet rude!.. Sometimes how things are worded can tell alot about the person writing it.. Again each to their own happy fabbing!

over a year ago

"For me I much prefer profiles which set out what they DO want rather than it being the other way round and a big long list of what they DON'T want. Filters to stop people even being able to contact you feel a bit like they work on that negative principle and don't quite sit right with me. I know it's the same end result but "I prefer to meet white men" is different from "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FOREIGN" and a filter might mean that difference was lost if they no longer had to choose the way they expressed their preferences on their profile. That choice of expression tells you a lot about a person.

I have to agree.. Sometimes its disheartening to read a great profile only to read at the very end "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FORIGHN" i just think people could be more polite/considerate or even suttle but to spell it out in bold and capital with explination marks i find is quiet rude!.. Sometimes how things are worded can tell alot about the person writing it.. Again each to their own happy fabbing! "

But your a fireman, surely that supersedes race all day long, everyone knows that women are lining up to jump on a firemans hose lol

over a year ago

(Ew... Northerners...)"

NO FLAT CAPS.

NO TRACTORS.

over a year ago

tbh i think if people dnt want to meet Asian people fat people etc then why not state it in the begining of there profile?

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think most of us would like filters that can eliminate a certain class of person, some serious, some spurious. I'd like one that eliminates those who diss leopard print.

over a year ago

"I think most of us would like filters that can eliminate a certain class of person, some serious, some spurious. I'd like one that eliminates those who diss leopard print. "

i loooove leopard print

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

You think it's only race?

I've seen some unpleasant wording on profiles with regard to the overweight, short, old etc. They are usually well verified: like attracting like!

over a year ago

"I think most of us would like filters that can eliminate a certain class of person, some serious, some spurious. I'd like one that eliminates those who diss leopard print. "

I've just moved house and in my bedroom there is a mass of purple leopard print wall paper, now I'm thinking do I get rid, or go full on 70s porn style and try to get hold of a wicker chair and a bed size mirror on the ceiling lol

over a year ago

"I think most of us would like filters that can eliminate a certain class of person, some serious, some spurious. I'd like one that eliminates those who diss leopard print.

I've just moved house and in my bedroom there is a mass of purple leopard print wall paper, now I'm thinking do I get rid, or go full on 70s porn style and try to get hold of a wicker chair and a bed size mirror on the ceiling lol"

that id love to see lol

over a year ago

However sometimes the words people write on their profile I think could be considered hate speech when it comes to race 'preferences'.

I've seen some unpleasant wording on profiles with regard to the overweight, short, old etc. They are usually well verified: like attracting like!"

No I know it's not only race, and for the most part the profiles that I have been interested in have been very sensitive and diplomatic about the subject, but you will get the odd profile that has no common decency filter

over a year ago

"I think most of us would like filters that can eliminate a certain class of person, some serious, some spurious. I'd like one that eliminates those who diss leopard print.

I've just moved house and in my bedroom there is a mass of purple leopard print wall paper, now I'm thinking do I get rid, or go full on 70s porn style and try to get hold of a wicker chair and a bed size mirror on the ceiling lol

that id love to see lol"

You're on

By *sianmale89Man
over a year ago

Stockport

Nope, I learned the hard way to not take it to heart or too seriously and just accept it. I like to stick with the women who show interest in me and so far there have been some lovely/attractive women who have approached me on here who I never thought would have been interested in me... There is this one lady I like to keep in touch with too she's always cheerful and witty, my kind of girl and not to mention sexy too.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I've seen some unpleasant wording on profiles with regard to the overweight, short, old etc. They are usually well verified: like attracting like!

No I know it's not only race, and for the most part the profiles that I have been interested in have been very sensitive and diplomatic about the subject, but you will get the odd profile that has no common decency filter"

Sorry, my comment was aimed at Wasp's post.

over a year ago

that id love to see lol

You're on "

il hold you to that

over a year ago

I have to agree.. Sometimes its disheartening to read a great profile only to read at the very end "NO BLACKS OR ASIANS OR FORIGHN" i just think people could be more polite/considerate or even suttle but to spell it out in bold and capital with explination marks i find is quiet rude!.. Sometimes how things are worded can tell alot about the person writing it.. Again each to their own happy fabbing!

But your a fireman, surely that supersedes race all day long, everyone knows that women are lining up to jump on a firemans hose lol"

I wish that was the case but unfortunatly yet to find a woman with a fire that nedds putting out haha being a fireman dont actually seem to help but if there are woman who would love to get my kit dirty please get in touch!

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

But your a fireman, surely that supersedes race all day long, everyone knows that women are lining up to jump on a firemans hose lol"

Only when connected to hydrants; otherwise, they are quite limp.

over a year ago

I'm a Manic Street Preachers fan. I think you just won my heart. 3

over a year ago

But your a fireman, surely that supersedes race all day long, everyone knows that women are lining up to jump on a firemans hose lol

Only when connected to hydrants; otherwise, they are quite limp. "

Well this hose gets regular maintainance so i know its good to put a raging fire hehe!

over a year ago

I wish that was the case but unfortunatly yet to find a woman with a fire that nedds putting out haha being a fireman dont actually seem to help but if there are woman who would love to get my kit dirty please get in touch! "

Great, that's not leaving much hope for the rest of us is it lol

over a year ago

Well this hose gets regular maintainance so i know its good to put a raging fire hehe! "

you can relight my fire anytime

over a year ago

Mmmm x i would happily

over a year ago

Oh-c'mon.....if anyone has the time to log on the site browsing for a potential meet they are not too busy to read profiles......

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Well this hose gets regular maintainance so i know its good to put a raging fire hehe! "

I hope it can put it out too, once its started it

xxx

over a year ago

"Oh-c'mon.....if anyone has the time to log on the site browsing for a potential meet they are not too busy to read profiles......

"

It's more the disappointment than anything, it's like shopping for shoes and finding the pair you have been looking for, then finding that they are not available in your size, and there is no way you could squeeze yourself into that size, so you have to walk away pondering what could have been but will never be

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"Another pile of pish post. Don't want fat, don't want bi , don't want white , don't want over certain age , don't want tattoos, don't want ripped , don't want hairy , get over it, it's choice.

I think the OP acknowledged that it was choice very early on in his original post...

I did try, and this is why a filter is a good idea, people not reading what is written right before their very eyes "

We did read it , thoroughly and whilst you did try your best to get around the issue you were raising, the only conclusion you derived from it was it was a racist concern, there are and always will be people whom choose, coloured , or white , fat or slim, endowed or small. That's life, that's choice . It's not all about racism nor sexism , freedom of choice, let people have them , then move on

over a year ago

Well this hose gets regular maintainance so i know its good to put a raging fire hehe!

I hope it can put it out too, once its started it

xxx"

Haha most defiantly.. Why dont you try me? hehe who knows could get very wet

over a year ago

I did try, and this is why a filter is a good idea, people not reading what is written right before their very eyes

We did read it , thoroughly and whilst you did try your best to get around the issue you were raising, the only conclusion you derived from it was it was a racist concern, there are and always will be people whom choose, coloured , or white , fat or slim, endowed or small. That's life, that's choice . It's not all about racism nor sexism , freedom of choice, let people have them , then move on"

Well that is not what I was aiming for, quite the opposite in fact, I totally agree with you, I was simply trying to make the selection prosses simpler, so no one gets their time wasted, surely that is a good thing

over a year ago

"I like pizza", as opposed to "I do not like sausages""

But then a sausage pizza comes along and is left scratching it's head after being rejected.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

We did read it , thoroughly and whilst you did try your best to get around the issue you were raising, the only conclusion you derived from it was it was a racist concern, there are and always will be people whom choose, coloured , or white , fat or slim, endowed or small. That's life, that's choice . It's not all about racism nor sexism , freedom of choice, let people have them , then move on

Well that is not what I was aiming for, quite the opposite in fact, I totally agree with you, I was simply trying to make the selection prosses simpler, so no one gets their time wasted, surely that is a good thing"

Indeed, unfortunately no matter how many selection options are available, there will still be groans , why this, why that, what is in place at the moment is suffice for everyone, the selections are merely the first point of interest, then you read profiles, 8f they fit your criteria, you message. They either choose to respond or not. It's quite simple really.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/12/15 10:09:13]

over a year ago

My bugbear is long profiles full stop - regardless of the ethnic preference disclaimer right at the bottom

And it's been said once before somewhere above - I've also met ladies with a 'white only' preference and I was their naughty secret, alternate perversion

over a year ago

"Oh-c'mon.....if anyone has the time to log on the site browsing for a potential meet they are not too busy to read profiles......

It's more the disappointment than anything, it's like shopping for shoes and finding the pair you have been looking for, then finding that they are not available in your size, and there is no way you could squeeze yourself into that size, so you have to walk away pondering what could have been but will never be "

I live with that scenario everyday, but I've learned to enjoy the hunt and count myself blessed when fortune favours........

OMG even I felt a bit nauseous writing that,,,,

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"My bugbear is long profiles full stop - regardless of the ethnic preference disclaimer right at the bottom

And it's been said once before somewhere above - I've also met ladies with a 'white only' preference and I was their naughty secret, alternate perversion"

And I'm sure people have met bi when say not bi, and bbw when looking for slim lol, guess there alternative perversions, see where I'm going here lol

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

It's more the disappointment than anything, it's like shopping for shoes and finding the pair you have been looking for, then finding that they are not available in your size, and there is no way you could squeeze yourself into that size, so you have to walk away pondering what could have been but will never be

I live with that scenario everyday, but I've learned to enjoy the hunt and count myself blessed when fortune favours........

OMG even I felt a bit nauseous writing that,,,, "

This

over a year ago

But if you only went into shoe shops that stocked everything in your size, don't you think the shopping experience would be more pleasurable

over a year ago

"But if you only went into shoe shops that stocked everything in your size, don't you think the shopping experience would be more pleasurable "

Gawd Nooooooooo..... that would be awful....

Without challenge where is the pleasure in achievement........

By *hoot45Man
over a year ago

Ramsgate

It's difficult dealing with all the preferences - I like black bi guys but very few black guys state they are bi or even bi curious - so it's hit and miss for me

over a year ago

"Another pile of pish post. Don't want fat, don't want bi , don't want white , don't want over certain age , don't want tattoos, don't want ripped , don't want hairy , get over it, it's choice. "

Oh look. A person who couldn't manage to read the opening post.

over a year ago

Skim reading is the way forward here. Or skip to the end first to see if the preferences are there. I'm glad that most men don't have long profile text,I get muscle ache in my eye sockets when I scroll and it makes me feel sick. I skim over the long ones looking for key words like fatties or fisting.

over a year ago

"Skim reading is the way forward here. Or skip to the end first to see if the preferences are there. I'm glad that most men don't have long profile text,I get muscle ache in my eye sockets when I scroll and it makes me feel sick. I skim over the long ones looking for key words like fatties or fisting. "

God don't read mine then lol

over a year ago

"Skim reading is the way forward here. Or skip to the end first to see if the preferences are there. I'm glad that most men don't have long profile text,I get muscle ache in my eye sockets when I scroll and it makes me feel sick. I skim over the long ones looking for key words like fatties or fisting.

God don't read mine then lol"

You know I have to now don't you

over a year ago

"Skim reading is the way forward here. Or skip to the end first to see if the preferences are there. I'm glad that most men don't have long profile text,I get muscle ache in my eye sockets when I scroll and it makes me feel sick. I skim over the long ones looking for key words like fatties or fisting.

You know I have to now don't you "

What's SSC?

over a year ago

You know I have to now don't you "

Yeah, it was a cunning stunt

over a year ago

You know I have to now don't you

What's SSC? "

Safe, Sane, and Concentual

over a year ago

"Mmmm x i would happily "

il meet you off the next train

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/12/15 10:57:39]

over a year ago

"Mmmm x i would happily

il meet you off the next train "

Dont tease x haha

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Oh look. A person who couldn't manage to read the opening post."

Oh-c'mon look another person who couldn't read the reply, duh

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

To the OP, I find it strange that you are querying certain options or choices of others or rather that after reading a profile in the latter stages you find they are choosing not to meet people of certain race or ethnicity , I've have perused you profile, every line in it, you have no description of race nor ethnicity, merely a photo of your eyes which has no significance . If others were perusing your profile , how could they distinguish if you were initially suitable to them, seems rather double sided.

over a year ago

"To the OP, I find it strange that you are querying certain options or choices of others or rather that after reading a profile in the latter stages you find they are choosing not to meet people of certain race or ethnicity , I've have perused you profile, every line in it, you have no description of race nor ethnicity, merely a photo of your eyes which has no significance . If others were perusing your profile , how could they distinguish if you were initially suitable to them, seems rather double sided. "

You didn't get it either. If there was an ethnicity blocker on filters the people not looking for black men wouldn't see his profile. When you fill out your profile you put your race,a filter would use that information to keep the races you don't want contacting you from showing or indeed from contacting you.

over a year ago

"To the OP, I find it strange that you are querying certain options or choices of others or rather that after reading a profile in the latter stages you find they are choosing not to meet people of certain race or ethnicity , I've have perused you profile, every line in it, you have no description of race nor ethnicity, merely a photo of your eyes which has no significance . If others were perusing your profile , how could they distinguish if you were initially suitable to them, seems rather double sided. "

He's not querying the choices of others. He's suggesting additions to the search engine to enable people to find each other easier when they have racial preferences.

If you have read his original post, you have fundamentally misunderstood it.

over a year ago

He's not querying people's choices,he's saying should we be able to block certain races legally,on here. Like we can block ages and gender.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

This is a sex site at the end of the day, so surely it would be a good idea to gave as many filters as possible.

This means that users will be more likely to find someone that is compatible.

Nita

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This is a sex site at the end of the day, so surely it would be a good idea to gave as many filters as possible.

Nita "

absolutely.... it can also be do done in a way that doesn't denegrate other people....

for example.... which is better....

no larger people please..... or no fatties

no black people.... or no n******

I think miss-tress and i are the only people who are still here, who were here for the infamous thread where someone declared

"they would not only not meet black people.... they would not meet people who had met black people!"

sure there is giving people choice..... but how far out do you then given people the chance to demostrate what they want....

i am all for filters.... i am also all for giving people the choice of being defined by those very filters...

so when the black person filter came up.... I decided not to use it, because I don't want people to meet me based on a filter... I want people to meet me for me

over a year ago

I feel that others have answered your question for me, but...

When you sign up to fab, you are asked your race, on that I put mixed, admittedly for a filter to work that part of the profile would have to be more specific but the principal would still be the same

over a year ago

"This is a sex site at the end of the day, so surely it would be a good idea to gave as many filters as possible.

Nita

absolutely.... it can also be do done in a way that doesn't denegrate other people....

I think miss-tress and i are the only people who are still here, who were here for the infamous thread where someone declared

"they would not only not meet black people.... they would not meet people who had met black people!"

sure there is giving people choice..... but how far out do you then given people the chance to demostrate what they want....

i am all for filters.... i am also all for giving people the choice of being defined by those very filters...

so when the black person filter came up.... I decided not to use it, because I don't want people to meet me based on a filter... I want people to meet me for me"

I remember that incident, when I was here before and had a vanilla wobble that made me want to leave the site, I'm all better now though

With a filter there is no need to mention it at all because the filter handles that for you

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Nita

so when the black person filter came up.... I decided not to use it, because I don't want people to meet me based on a filter... I want people to meet me for me

I remember that incident, when I was here before and had a vanilla wobble that made me want to leave the site, I'm all better now though

With a filter there is no need to mention it at all because the filter handles that for you"

I remember that too (or I remember hearing about it)

Whilst I have absolutely no issue meeting people who will not meet Black people, despite the fact that I find Black people attractive (not just because they are Black or the BBC nonsense but because of many other reasons), I will draw the line with people like that

That is no longer then a preference; it almost sounds hateful and I find any such hate against any ethnicity, sexuality, 'sex', age, height, etc, an undesirable personality trait

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"To the OP, I find it strange that you are querying certain options or choices of others or rather that after reading a profile in the latter stages you find they are choosing not to meet people of certain race or ethnicity , I've have perused you profile, every line in it, you have no description of race nor ethnicity, merely a photo of your eyes which has no significance . If others were perusing your profile , how could they distinguish if you were initially suitable to them, seems rather double sided.

I feel that others have answered your question for me, but...

When you sign up to fab, you are asked your race, on that I put mixed, admittedly for a filter to work that part of the profile would have to be more specific but the principal would still be the same"

There is no mixed race on your profile, so how could anyone identify you other than a pair of eyes.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"To the OP, I find it strange that you are querying certain options or choices of others or rather that after reading a profile in the latter stages you find they are choosing not to meet people of certain race or ethnicity , I've have perused you profile, every line in it, you have no description of race nor ethnicity, merely a photo of your eyes which has no significance . If others were perusing your profile , how could they distinguish if you were initially suitable to them, seems rather double sided.

He's not querying the choices of others. He's suggesting additions to the search engine to enable people to find each other easier when they have racial preferences.

If you have read his original post, you have fundamentally misunderstood it."

Unfortunately I did not fundamentally misunderstand his post. As he duely said in a response by not meaning to come across that way, so please fully read the posts and the responses prior to commenting.

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately I did not fundamentally misunderstand his post. As he duely said in a response by not meaning to come across that way, so please fully read the posts and the responses prior to commenting. "

Original post:

Hat I'm asking is would you find it offensive or in fact is it legal to have a filter that excludes people of a certain race form contacting profiles, some profiles are really long and detailed and when you get to the bottom and you realise that in the interests of respecting people's personal preference, that you can't contact that person anyway.

Etc etc

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding you've had comprehending the original post, fundamental or otherwise.

over a year ago

"Mmmm x i would happily

Dont tease x haha "

whos teasing x

over a year ago

Unfortunately I did not fundamentally misunderstand his post. As he duely said in a response by not meaning to come across that way, so please fully read the posts and the responses prior to commenting. "

Umm...kinda looks like you have.

over a year ago

I raised this issue earlier in the year in the site feedback section. As OP said and putting aside the issue of the preferences, it would be best that people put their preferences or exclusions upfront or there was an ability to put preferences near the title of the profile.

One day in the summer l read 10 profiles and in 8 at the bottom or buried in the middle of a long profile was the words ' not meeting blacks or Asians'. It is their choice but l was annoyed by the waste of my time. Any exclusions, in my view, should be put upfront saves people's time.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"

Unfortunately I did not fundamentally misunderstand his post. As he duely said in a response by not meaning to come across that way, so please fully read the posts and the responses prior to commenting.

Original post:

Etc etc

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding you've had comprehending the original post, fundamental or otherwise."

Unfortunately not.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Umm...kinda looks like you have."

Ummmm kinda not, the OP has posted regarding his frustrations of the selection process, I.e leaving until the bottom of a profile that they choose not to meet certain criteria , yet the OP fails to disclose his full description ,which is ironic if he chooses to express concerns about others, I'm not disagreeing with the OP, there are limited options in the profile descriptions, the same for everyone, if you or they don't meet that criteria, move on

over a year ago

Ummmm kinda not, the OP has posted regarding his frustrations of the selection process, I.e leaving until the bottom of a profile that they choose not to meet certain criteria , yet the OP fails to disclose his full description ,which is ironic if he chooses to express concerns about others, I'm not disagreeing with the OP, there are limited options in the profile descriptions, the same for everyone, if you or they don't meet that criteria, move on"

Thereby making his argument valid. If there was am option to block mixed race men he wouldn't show up in a search and nobody would have any misconceptions regarding his race because he hasn't stated it on his profile.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Ummmm kinda not, the OP has posted regarding his frustrations of the selection process, I.e leaving until the bottom of a profile that they choose not to meet certain criteria , yet the OP fails to disclose his full description ,which is ironic if he chooses to express concerns about others, I'm not disagreeing with the OP, there are limited options in the profile descriptions, the same for everyone, if you or they don't meet that criteria, move on

Thereby making his argument valid. If there was am option to block mixed race men he wouldn't show up in a search and nobody would have any misconceptions regarding his race because he hasn't stated it on his profile. "

It is his search , not others contacting him. You can search for any group, colour etc,

over a year ago

Thereby making his argument valid. If there was am option to block mixed race men he wouldn't show up in a search and nobody would have any misconceptions regarding his race because he hasn't stated it on his profile.

It is his search , not others contacting him. You can search for any group, colour etc, "

If the site had a way of blocking by race he couldn't see their profiles in a search. That's what he's suggesting. A whole race/colour block. You can search for a race,you can't block a race. It would be better if it said it on profiles like it does when you block single men,or not allow you to even see a profile,which is what a block does.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Ummmm kinda not, the OP has posted regarding his frustrations of the selection process, I.e leaving until the bottom of a profile that they choose not to meet certain criteria , yet the OP fails to disclose his full description ,which is ironic if he chooses to express concerns about others, I'm not disagreeing with the OP, there are limited options in the profile descriptions, the same for everyone, if you or they don't meet that criteria, move on"

The OP has recorded his ethnicity in his profile details; it is a drop-down field which I have used too. However, this field does not appear on the profile listing

What he is suggesting is that just like with the age filter, where one can exclude anyone who is below or above a certain age, a filter for ethnicity be included too

He does not wish to exclude anyone. All he is asking for is that those who wish to exclude him, can set their ethnicity filter so that he cannot write to them, or better still, not even view their profiles

I find his approach very mature. He is in no way blaming anyone for their preferences; far from it

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

The OP has recorded his ethnicity in his profile details; it is a drop-down field which I have used too. However, this field does not appear on the profile listing

What he is suggesting is that just like with the age filter, where one can exclude anyone who is below or above a certain age, a filter for ethnicity be included too

He does not wish to exclude anyone. All he is asking for is that those who wish to exclude him, can set their ethnicity filter so that he cannot write to them, or better still, not even view their profiles

I find his approach very mature. He is in no way blaming anyone for their preferences; far from it"

Whilst I 100 percent agree with that, and have no way disagreed with the OP 8n that manner, there are people on site who tho may not wish to play with certain others, perhaps are more than happy with the social side to the site,

over a year ago

I find his approach very mature. He is in no way blaming anyone for their preferences; far from it

Whilst I 100 percent agree with that, and have no way disagreed with the OP 8n that manner, there are people on site who tho may not wish to play with certain others, perhaps are more than happy with the social side to the site, "

Those ones wouldn't use the filter. It won't happen anyway so it's a moot point

over a year ago

"Mmmm x i would happily

Dont tease x haha

whos teasing x "

Hope your on that train haha!!

over a year ago

I'm not one to skirt round certain topics and i tend to say what i think and stuff anybody that thinks i should hold back and bite my tongue. But can anybody tell me why it's invariably always the ethnic minorities that always bring up skin colour ect no matter what the topic?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I'm not one to skirt round certain topics and i tend to say what i think and stuff anybody that thinks i should hold back and bite my tongue. But can anybody tell me why it's invariably always the ethnic minorities that always bring up skin colour ect no matter what the topic?"

I could show you a million and one profiles of people looking for "BBC" that would counter your point.....

in fact... i could probably point our a search of white guys asking what the fascination with BBC is as they are left out.....

but just generally people will find a way to complain about the thing that excludes them...

marrieds...

people who are young.....

people who are old....

people who are large....

people who are skinny....

ect ect ect

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

Whilst I 100 percent agree with that, and have no way disagreed with the OP 8n that manner, there are people on site who tho may not wish to play with certain others, perhaps are more than happy with the social side to the site, "

And the filter which the OP is suggesting will not in any way interfere with the social side of this site for that is on the forums

What he is asking for is that those who do not wish to meet people of his ethnicity should be able to do so by excluding him from even viewing their profile

I really cannot see how much more understanding the OP can be about other people's preferences

over a year ago

"I'm not one to skirt round certain topics and i tend to say what i think and stuff anybody that thinks i should hold back and bite my tongue. But can anybody tell me why it's invariably always the ethnic minorities that always bring up skin colour ect no matter what the topic?"

Firstly, this topic is about process and not the rights or wrongs of the issues.

Secondly beating around the bush can in most circles be seen as politeness when dealing with sensitive issues. It normally shows discernment and an understanding of the issue.

Thirdly if certain people read on the history of the European Empires, diaspora, American Slavery and the black experience rather than getting their jingoism from the Sun or the Daily Mail or Telegraph, then your question would have been redundant.

I am off to watch 12 years a slave as it is great story of fantasy, but which course did not happen.

Post new Message to Thread