Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ignored

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I find being ignored very rude especially when waiting on an answer. Manners cost nothing.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *inzi LTV/TS
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden in Beautiful North Wales

I don't know what the question was!

Reply privately

By *mallteaserWoman
over a year ago

Central

Agreed, it's nice to be nice x

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd second that it only takes a couple of minutes to reply

Reply privately

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

"I'd second that it only takes a couple of minutes to reply "
we try to be nice and get back to every one but there a lot of nasty people on here at times

Reply privately

over a year ago

Here here

Reply privately

over a year ago

I used to reply to everyone but like one poster said you get nasty people on here plus it's hard to when you have so many to reply to like the rules say just take it as the person isn't interested and move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its always nice to get a reply , though you often have to bare in mind how many messages some people get. This makes it impossible some times.

If I send a message and receive no reply I just move on and dont let it bother me

Reply privately

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I'd second that it only takes a couple of minutes to reply "

Very true.

But if your inbox has over a hundred messages and is getting more all the time then that couple of minutes begins to add up!

Check out the FAQ. Admin say that no reply is a no thanks.

Remember that attraction is subjective and individual. You may have read the profile thoroughly and after deciding you meet their preferences carefully crafted a message and be waiting for what you think will be a "get here now big boy" reply! Whilst the recipient may have looked at your profile (we can do it in stealth so you don't see) and decided that it's a no. Not replying is the simple way to decline without risking an abusive message or pestering.

And I'm not suggesting tbe OP would be abusive or pester, but it does happen.

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"I'd second that it only takes a couple of minutes to reply

Very true.

But if your inbox has over a hundred messages and is getting more all the time then that couple of minutes begins to add up!

Remember that attraction is subjective and individual. You may have read the profile thoroughly and after deciding you meet their preferences carefully crafted a message and be waiting for what you think will be a "get here now big boy" reply! Whilst the recipient may have looked at your profile (we can do it in stealth so you don't see) and decided that it's a no. Not replying is the simple way to decline without risking an abusive message or pestering.

And I'm not suggesting tbe OP would be abusive or pester, but it does happen."

Also not replying means if they try to remediate they get a warning along the lines of "you've tried to contact this person and had no response" so you know it to bother them again I find if you reply with no thanks (and they are fine some get abusive) if you don't block a few months later they seem to forget and remessage it can get tedious replying no thanks to the same people over and over

Reply privately

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

They may have loads of stuff to be doing at this time of year and your reply may be pending.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You're right, manners cost nothing but on here you have to accept the fact you're not the only person who has messaged them, it did use to get my back up a bit in the early days but you soon learn, to just ignore it, if they don't reply, its their way of saying no thanks, although, yes, you want to actually receive a message saying this so you know where you are, 99% of the time it just won't happen, if you message some one and its read and not replied, the last thing to do is send another message to them, just leave it be and if they are too busy to reply straight away, they may reply in the future, concentrate on your inbox and not your sent box.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I try to answer everyone. If I find my unread messages building up I block all incoming mail and go through them on my laptop. They are very rarely introductory messages,but I do occasionally miss one because I've been chatting.

Reply privately

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I know I'm old and I forget things.. apparently it's to do with a shrinking hypothalamus... I did it the other day I couldn't remember where I'd left my car keys.. it affects other things as well ... Just to prove it's true I cannot remember what they are....

anyway maybe the folk you messaged have a teeny tinyg hypothalamus and what we're we talking about... Oh yeah. Forgetting things they.might have..

One thing I know I remember this being covered before..

Have fun

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't get why some people get so entitled about replies...

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"I don't get why some people get so entitled about replies..."

Me either I've sent out first messages that have received no reply I just move onto the next person, I really don't see the point in drawing negative attention to yourself by moaning about it

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I used to reply to all my messages but it opens the gateway to more unwanted contact, so now I just delete and as it has ready been mentioned a warming flashes up saying you have already tried to contact me before

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find being ignored very rude especially when waiting on an answer. Manners cost nothing. "

Site rules state no answer is to be considered a polite no thank you.

At least have the manners to check the rules of the site your using

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly. I'd say that not receiving a reply is less annoying than the men who ask 'oh but why not?' repeatedly once you've given them a 'no thanks', which is why I often don't reply.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very true.

Also not replying means if they try to remediate they get a warning along the lines of "you've tried to contact this person and had no response" so you know it to bother them again I find if you reply with no thanks (and they are fine some get abusive) if you don't block a few months later they seem to forget and remessage it can get tedious replying no thanks to the same people over and over "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find being ignored very rude especially when waiting on an answer. Manners cost nothing.

Site rules state no answer is to be considered a polite no thank you.

At least have the manners to check the rules of the site your using "

Was about to say this myself.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very true.

Also not replying means if they try to remediate they get a warning along the lines of "you've tried to contact this person and had no response" so you know it to bother them again I find if you reply with no thanks (and they are fine some get abusive) if you don't block a few months later they seem to forget and remessage it can get tedious replying no thanks to the same people over and over

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Exactly. I'd say that not receiving a reply is less annoying than the men who ask 'oh but why not?' repeatedly once you've given them a 'no thanks', which is why I often don't reply."

Exactly... Or the.. Fuck off then you slag

Or.. Think your something don't you

We are perfectly entitled to chose who we speak to.. Just like the real world

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do you need an inbox full of rejection?

Do you reply to the charity requests you get in the mail??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why do you need an inbox full of rejection?

Do you reply to the charity requests you get in the mail?? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

You get used to the delete as a single man on here lol . I suppose a delete is better than a yuk no way ! .

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"I don't get why some people get so entitled about replies..."

Entitled is definitely the word.

People should understand that sending someone a message is no big deal. You're not doing them a favour. It's not a gift. You tapped on a keyboard for a minute or so.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't get why some people get so entitled about replies...

Entitled is definitely the word.

People should understand that sending someone a message is no big deal. You're not doing them a favour. It's not a gift. You tapped on a keyboard for a minute or so."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is this a

"I need a hug kind of thread"

Reply privately

over a year ago

It may be rude but that's a reflection on them, not you. Don't worry about it.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Some people reply, some don't.If you accept this then you will probably enjoy the site better

Reply privately