FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Problems with the contraceptive implant?

Jump to newest

By *radleyandRaven OP   Couple
over a year ago

Herts

I had nexplanon put in my arm just over a week ago.

The doctor who did it seemed to struggle to find it after it was done but she seemed confident with it after she bandaged me up.

I made an appointment a week later because I haven't been able to find it at all and neither could the nurse I saw so I now have to have an ultrasound to make sure it's still in my arm and if it's not there I'll have to have an MRI to make sure it hasn't "migrated" to somewhere else in my body - either way it's looking like surgery may be required to remove it once it's been found.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you end up having to do?

- Amy. x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I'm guessing it's like the Implanon. I had that one years ago after I had my daughter and found it was great. Didn't go missing or anything and worked like a dream

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No problems with placement, but it did cause hormonal problems.

I bled intermittently for a couple of months at first then settled down, it was perfect for around a year. Then it was 6 months of constant heavy bleeding and emotional upset and cramps. I had it removed and went on Cerelle again and all back to normal.

over a year ago

Herts

"I'm guessing it's like the Implanon. I had that one years ago after I had my daughter and found it was great. Didn't go missing or anything and worked like a dream "

Yeah, any 4cm implant, really. x

over a year ago

"I'm guessing it's like the Implanon. I had that one years ago after I had my daughter and found it was great. Didn't go missing or anything and worked like a dream "

This x

over a year ago

Herts

"I'm guessing it's like the Implanon. I had that one years ago after I had my daughter and found it was great. Didn't go missing or anything and worked like a dream

This x"

But I assume it's supposed to be quite easy to find?

Most info I see says you should be able to feel it just under the skin. I can't find or feel this one for toffee and I'm beginning to question whether the bloody thing went in at all as I'm sure Doctors are meant to get YOU to feel it so that you know how to check it's OK and in the right place. This one didn't and seemed in a rush to get me out the door. x

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"I had nexplanon put in my arm just over a week ago.

The doctor who did it seemed to struggle to find it after it was done but she seemed confident with it after she bandaged me up.

I made an appointment a week later because I haven't been able to find it at all and neither could the nurse I saw so I now have to have an ultrasound to make sure it's still in my arm and if it's not there I'll have to have an MRI to make sure it hasn't "migrated" to somewhere else in my body - either way it's looking like surgery may be required to remove it once it's been found.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you end up having to do?

- Amy. x"

How can it "migrate"?

over a year ago

"I'm guessing it's like the Implanon. I had that one years ago after I had my daughter and found it was great. Didn't go missing or anything and worked like a dream

This x

But I assume it's supposed to be quite easy to find?

Most info I see says you should be able to feel it just under the skin. I can't find or feel this one for toffee and I'm beginning to question whether the bloody thing went in at all as I'm sure Doctors are meant to get YOU to feel it so that you know how to check it's OK and in the right place. This one didn't and seemed in a rush to get me out the door. x"

The nurse that did mine got me to feel it and check I was happy.

I had issues getting it back out. It took her about half an hour of digging about in my arm because it had moved. It didn't hurt at all, it was just boring. I felt bad for her because she was trying to be careful and get it out without hurting me. Hope you get it sorted. x

over a year ago

I've had one and I know lots of people that have/ had them. I never had any problems while fitted but it was very difficult to remove at the end of 3 years took over 45 mins and 2 doctors to get it out , left brusing and bad scars so never again! Sometimes they can be hard to feel it depends how deep they put into your arm and how much fat/ muscle on your arm

Post new Message to Thread