Jump to newest

By *ilmiss75 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

Till the statuses start changing to..

'2016 is gonna be my year'

And...

'So many things to change in 2016'

What gets me is... If people really want to change anything why do they wait till its a new year? If they wanted to do it so badly..do it now...or before now..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There's no way I'm back on my diet until 2016....still too much left to eat and drink

over a year ago

And also...

How does having -

The. Worst. Hangover. Ever.

contribute to that impressive 'new you'?

All rather silly

By *ilmiss75 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"There's no way I'm back on my diet until 2016....still too much left to eat and drink "

Nods... While sat with her hand in the tub of miniature heros

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I do agree to a certain extent but I know I used my 50th to kick myself up the arse.

Fresh year fresh start, but I've already restarted my diet

over a year ago

Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before....

over a year ago

"And also...

How does having -

All rather silly

"

Your assuming everyone will be hung over...

I won't be

over a year ago

"And also...

How does having -

All rather silly

"

The bigger the hangover the more likely i am to be put off alcohol. Makes perfect sense to me

over a year ago

"Till the statuses start changing to..

And...

What gets me is... If people really want to change anything why do they wait till its a new year? If they wanted to do it so badly..do it now...or before now..

"

they don't things only change if you want them to and things certainly don't change because its new year ,if you have a will / desire to achieve something you will ,I didn't pig out over Xmas and certainly didn't drink much I can when the need arises but I don't have to ,diets tend to attract weak willed people and I don't mean that in a bad way but I find people who diet do it regularly ,if you want to be slim or slimmer it has to be a culture of change eg change your eating habit fullstop ,get regular exercise but because it makes you feel good

over a year ago

"And also...

How does having -

All rather silly

I won't be "

No, I was asking how a hangover contributes to a new you :-/

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

And...

they don't things only change if you want them to and things certainly don't change because its new year ,if you have a will / desire to achieve something you will ,I didn't pig out over Xmas and certainly didn't drink much I can when the need arises but I don't have to ,diets tend to attract weak willed people and I don't mean that in a bad way but I find people who diet do it regularly ,if you want to be slim or slimmer it has to be a culture of change eg change your eating habit fullstop ,get regular exercise but because it makes you feel good "

I was be weak willed then as I've been on a diet for 2 years

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

And...

they don't things only change if you want them to and things certainly don't change because its new year ,if you have a will / desire to achieve something you will ,I didn't pig out over Xmas and certainly didn't drink much I can when the need arises but I don't have to ,diets tend to attract weak willed people and I don't mean that in a bad way but I find people who diet do it regularly ,if you want to be slim or slimmer it has to be a culture of change eg change your eating habit fullstop ,get regular exercise but because it makes you feel good "

Are you saying if you diet you're weak willed?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

And...

they don't things only change if you want them to and things certainly don't change because its new year ,if you have a will / desire to achieve something you will ,I didn't pig out over Xmas and certainly didn't drink much I can when the need arises but I don't have to ,diets tend to attract weak willed people and I don't mean that in a bad way but I find people who diet do it regularly ,if you want to be slim or slimmer it has to be a culture of change eg change your eating habit fullstop ,get regular exercise but because it makes you feel good

Are you saying if you diet you're weak willed? "

but he doesn't mean it in a bad way

over a year ago

And...

"

Pretty much nobody ever sticks to new year's resolutions anyway.

over a year ago

"And also...

How does having -

All rather silly

I won't be

No, I was asking how a hangover contributes to a new you :-/

"

I dunno, I won't be experiencing one

over a year ago

And...

Are you saying if you diet you're weak willed? "

kind of but only because you were weak in order to get to stage where I diet is required everything in life is about a right and a wrong way to do some thing eg you are willing to criticise someone in forums because you believe they've said something that you believe is wrong and that's fine that's because you have an opinion but theirs a right way and a wrong way to pitch that opinion ,I have always been a firm believer in treating my body right so what you put into it helps maintain your health and your bodies ability to counteract the bad things that occur ,I don't have a problem with size I've had a few girlfriends size 18 just saying I try not to put things in me that I don't regard as the best for my health but I still eat things that aren't the best but I'm pretty good and its about will and a thought process ,so yes will power plays a big part in how you eat and why you end up needing to diet and I think most people who end up overweight know that

over a year ago

And...

"

I done my new year thing early... not had a fag since 19th December

2016 will be a healthy year for me, yes I will change, from being a stinky smoker to a fresh smelling energetic person (hopefully)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

And...

Are you saying if you diet you're weak willed? kind of but only because you were weak in order to get to stage where I diet is required everything in life is about a right and a wrong way to do some thing eg you are willing to criticise someone in forums because you believe they've said something that you believe is wrong and that's fine that's because you have an opinion but theirs a right way and a wrong way to pitch that opinion ,I have always been a firm believer in treating my body right so what you put into it helps maintain your health and your bodies ability to counteract the bad things that occur ,I don't have a problem with size I've had a few girlfriends size 18 just saying I try not to put things in me that I don't regard as the best for my health but I still eat things that aren't the best but I'm pretty good and its about will and a thought process ,so yes will power plays a big part in how you eat and why you end up needing to diet and I think most people who end up overweight know that "

but what about those that stick to a diet and lose the weight isn't that will power?

over a year ago

I started my changes in October lol had to be done xx but yes I agree good point op

over a year ago

"There's no way I'm back on my diet until 2016....still too much left to eat and drink

Nods... While sat with her hand in the tub of miniature heros "

They don't really count if just the miniature ones

over a year ago

Portsmouth

And...

Are you saying if you diet you're weak willed? kind of but only because you were weak in order to get to stage where I diet is required everything in life is about a right and a wrong way to do some thing eg you are willing to criticise someone in forums because you believe they've said something that you believe is wrong and that's fine that's because you have an opinion but theirs a right way and a wrong way to pitch that opinion ,I have always been a firm believer in treating my body right so what you put into it helps maintain your health and your bodies ability to counteract the bad things that occur ,I don't have a problem with size I've had a few girlfriends size 18 just saying I try not to put things in me that I don't regard as the best for my health but I still eat things that aren't the best but I'm pretty good and its about will and a thought process ,so yes will power plays a big part in how you eat and why you end up needing to diet and I think most people who end up overweight know that "

Are the 'you' in general or applied to me? As I didn't say I diet, I don't... I'm not unhappy with how I look for my age or the amount of exercise as my physio has tailored my exercise plan for me, but then aren't you on a diet of certain foods you will allow yourself to eat?...

over a year ago

Portsmouth

Sorry this is sidetracked from original post.. My apologies..

By *entaur_UKMan
over a year ago

Cannock

It's the same at the gym, always an influx of new faces in January but by February/march you never see them again, it just reverts back to the same old regulars, lol.

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

Hear hear OP!!

Make the change when you need to, not just because the calendars change.

My local park is full of aggressive joggers (who tut and hiss at me walking my dog) in January who miraculously disappear come February. Flippant tits

By *ilmiss75 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"Hear hear OP!!

Make the change when you need to, not just because the calendars change.

My local park is full of aggressive joggers (who tut and hiss at me walking my dog) in January who miraculously disappear come February. Flippant tits"

That's exactly what I'm saying... Why do people only do it when the calendar changes? If the changes are important, do it from that moment

over a year ago

And...

Are you saying if you diet you're weak willed? kind of but only because you were weak in order to get to stage where I diet is required everything in life is about a right and a wrong way to do some thing eg you are willing to criticise someone in forums because you believe they've said something that you believe is wrong and that's fine that's because you have an opinion but theirs a right way and a wrong way to pitch that opinion ,I have always been a firm believer in treating my body right so what you put into it helps maintain your health and your bodies ability to counteract the bad things that occur ,I don't have a problem with size I've had a few girlfriends size 18 just saying I try not to put things in me that I don't regard as the best for my health but I still eat things that aren't the best but I'm pretty good and its about will and a thought process ,so yes will power plays a big part in how you eat and why you end up needing to diet and I think most people who end up overweight know that

Are the 'you' in general or applied to me? As I didn't say I diet, I don't... I'm not unhappy with how I look for my age or the amount of exercise as my physio has tailored my exercise plan for me, but then aren't you on a diet of certain foods you will allow yourself to eat?... "

and why would it be referring to you I can't see what your figures like only your avatar pic and if you notice my comments are never personal they are always in general and based on my experience of people I know

over a year ago

2016 will be my year to become bigger muscle wise

over a year ago

And...

"

Cause its an easy starting point?

Christmas etc is a big disruptive time and trying to start a new routine when you're on holiday, family are visiting you're making lots of meals and going out tobparties etc is difficult.

January everyone is back in work skint and new routines and diets etc are easily inplimented.

Plus its got the mental boost of being a "new start".

over a year ago

A "diet " is generally a reference to a restriction of food that you perhaps enjoy or over indulge in, my habit of eating is healthy so I don't really need to restrict myself and I get regular exercise which I enjoy doing so my weight has always stayed constant

over a year ago

"A "diet " is generally a reference to a restriction of food that you perhaps enjoy or over indulge in, my habit of eating is healthy so I don't really need to restrict myself and I get regular exercise which I enjoy doing so my weight has always stayed constant "

But "healthy" food will need to be restricted too.

You double all of your meals tomorrow youre gonna start gaining weight no matter how "healthy" they are

over a year ago

"There's no way I'm back on my diet until 2016....still too much left to eat and drink "

over a year ago

"A "diet " is generally a reference to a restriction of food that you perhaps enjoy or over indulge in, my habit of eating is healthy so I don't really need to restrict myself and I get regular exercise which I enjoy doing so my weight has always stayed constant

You double all of your meals tomorrow youre gonna start gaining weight no matter how "healthy" they are"

why ?

over a year ago

"A "diet " is generally a reference to a restriction of food that you perhaps enjoy or over indulge in, my habit of eating is healthy so I don't really need to restrict myself and I get regular exercise which I enjoy doing so my weight has always stayed constant

You double all of your meals tomorrow youre gonna start gaining weight no matter how "healthy" they are why ? "

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

(This site so needs suport for the therefore sign )

You double your calorie intake without exponentially increasing your activity youre gonna gain weight.

"Healthy" isnt some magical term that makes food zero calorie

By *ilmiss75 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

You double all of your meals tomorrow youre gonna start gaining weight no matter how "healthy" they are why ?

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

You double your calorie intake without exponentially increasing your activity youre gonna gain weight.

"Healthy" isnt some magical term that makes food zero calorie "

Eating the right foods isn't going to make you put on weight. Even by eating more of it.

I used to be 23 stone before joining slimming world and working with there plan. I lost over 9 stone by changing the way and what I ate.

I used the extra easy plan and did not in any way feel starved. I was never hungry. I ate lots of fruit, veg, pasta, potatoes and had 15 syns per day for what I chose to use them on.

Healthier eating does not mean zero calories we all know that...but using a plan does work.

over a year ago

"...

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

"Healthy" isnt some magical term that makes food zero calorie "

over a year ago

You double all of your meals tomorrow youre gonna start gaining weight no matter how "healthy" they are why ?

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

Eating the right foods isn't going to make you put on weight. Even by eating more of it.

"

Err yes it is.

Lets take oats, great food. Very healthy conplex carbs good bit of protien.

Fantastic healthy product recommended for any diet

Also one of the best bulking products there is.

Add a few scoops of fine ground oats to your shake and you can up it by about 500kcal.

Please you tell me right noe ehat is this "right food" that is calorie free.

By *ilmiss75 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

Err yes it is.

Add a few scoops of fine ground oats to your shake and you can up it by about 500kcal.

Please you tell me right noe ehat is this "right food" that is calorie free."

Lettuce

over a year ago

Food = calories eat more than you burn you gain weight.

Doesn't matter if you're eating lard or slim fast shakes

By *ilmiss75 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

Err yes it is.

It's all down to the way each person does things and what plan suits them.

My plan - extra easy. Runs on free foods. When I say free foods that means that are to make this plan work. So rice, pasta, potatoes, fruit, veg, fish

15 syns per day... To use on what I want. I can have anything. As long as I syn it. So if I want a 10 syn bar of chocolate.. I can have it because it's in my allowance.

A choice... Cheese/milk. Allowed do much of it that varies depending on what it is.

B choice.. Cereal, porridge oats, bread products.

If I've not been doing that right...then how did I lose 9 stone?

over a year ago

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

Err yes it is.

I eat chicken and fish only with veg always have done its just the food I enjoy but think its the combination of exercise and a good diet that keeps you healthy I don't really worry about eating more of it my weight doesn't fluctuate

over a year ago

Cause

1-1=0

2-1=1

Err yes it is.

Please you tell me right noe ehat is this "right food" that is calorie free.

It's all down to the way each person does things and what plan suits them.

My plan - extra easy. Runs on free foods. When I say free foods that means that are to make this plan work. So rice, pasta, potatoes, fruit, veg, fish

15 syns per day... To use on what I want. I can have anything. As long as I syn it. So if I want a 10 syn bar of chocolate.. I can have it because it's in my allowance.

A choice... Cheese/milk. Allowed do much of it that varies depending on what it is.

B choice.. Cereal, porridge oats, bread products.

If I've not been doing that right...then how did I lose 9 stone?"

Youneat less than you burn now.

Thats why youre losing wright.

The foods you've listed rice pasta and potatoes are fantastic for gaining weight. Calorie dense easy to eat you increase the amount you eat of them you will gain weight..

"Healthy food" doesnt mean you wont gain weight if you eat more of it.

Take shag he eats healthy food but thst fucker will be on about 4kkcal+ on his carb loading days.

If you ate what he ate youd gain weight fast. Be he maintains a sub 13% body fat

over a year ago

Happy Xmas

Post new Message to Thread