Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

how can I persuade

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My family to let me watch the Carlos Acosta ballet I taped off the television yesterday?

I need to be devious or play on their consciences.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Set up a couple of board games then leave them to it

over a year ago

Tell them at one point the male lead gets an erection and accidentally penetrates the female lead, but swear that you can't remember what part of the performance it happens, then when it ends and they say "oh yeah when did he fuck the bird then" say oh they must of edited it out"

Unless there's kid present, then it's a bad idea lol

over a year ago

"Set up a couple of board games then leave them to it "

They like the television on in the background and the television is next to the dining table. I need to hear the music too,they argue over every game

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"My family to let me watch the Carlos Acosta ballet I taped off the television yesterday?

I need to be devious or play on their consciences. "

Do you? Won't they just accept that you would like to see it and let you get on with it?

over a year ago

"Tell them at one point the male lead gets an erection and accidentally penetrates the female lead, but swear that you can't remember what part of the performance it happens, then when it ends and they say "oh yeah when did he fuck the bird then" say oh they must of edited it out"

Unless there's kid present, then it's a bad idea lol"

If the children weren't here I'd be watching the ballet

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Set up a couple of board games then leave them to it

They like the television on in the background and the television is next to the dining table. I need to hear the music too,they argue over every game "

Oh on that case lock them in the shed .

Any chance of watching when they're in bed or trading off against something they want to watch later?

over a year ago

"My family to let me watch the Carlos Acosta ballet I taped off the television yesterday?

Do you? Won't they just accept that you would like to see it and let you get on with it? "

Nope,I have last dibs on the remote. I'm trying to negotiate at the moment. The sensible thing to do would be wait until everyone is out,but that won't be until school is back. I'm dying to watch it!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Do you? Won't they just accept that you would like to see it and let you get on with it?

Nope,I have last dibs on the remote. I'm trying to negotiate at the moment. The sensible thing to do would be wait until everyone is out,but that won't be until school is back. I'm dying to watch it!"

I realised they were kids later on. Bribery, extortion and threats is your way forward.

over a year ago

They like the television on in the background and the television is next to the dining table. I need to hear the music too,they argue over every game

Any chance of watching when they're in bed or trading off against something they want to watch later?"

I have no say whatsoever regarding television viewing. I don't usually watch anything that someone else isn't watching. I'm going home tomorrow for a few days so I won't be able to watch it.

over a year ago

Nope,I have last dibs on the remote. I'm trying to negotiate at the moment. The sensible thing to do would be wait until everyone is out,but that won't be until school is back. I'm dying to watch it!

I realised they were kids later on. Bribery, extortion and threats is your way forward. "

They are like the Ronnie and Reggie of Essex. They scare me. If it was a short program it wouldn't be so bad,but it's Carmen and they will be bored.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Any chance of watching when they're in bed or trading off against something they want to watch later?

I have no say whatsoever regarding television viewing. I don't usually watch anything that someone else isn't watching. I'm going home tomorrow for a few days so I won't be able to watch it. "

Oh . You might be waiting until term starts then

over a year ago

"Tell them at one point the male lead gets an erection and accidentally penetrates the female lead, but swear that you can't remember what part of the performance it happens, then when it ends and they say "oh yeah when did he fuck the bird then" say oh they must of edited it out"

If the children weren't here I'd be watching the ballet "

Oh bribery then, just bribe them, tell them they can have a pound a minuet to share at the sales if they quietly sit and watch it with you

over a year ago

Oh bribery then, just bribe them, tell them they can have a pound a minuet to share at the sales if they quietly sit and watch it with you"

That would cost me £120. I'm not Rothschild

over a year ago

I have no say whatsoever regarding television viewing. I don't usually watch anything that someone else isn't watching. I'm going home tomorrow for a few days so I won't be able to watch it.

Oh . You might be waiting until term starts then"

I'm trying to make them realise that ballet is an important part of their education

over a year ago

Oh bribery then, just bribe them, tell them they can have a pound a minuet to share at the sales if they quietly sit and watch it with you

That would cost me £120. I'm not Rothschild "

He stated minuet... Must be less of them than minutes

over a year ago

That would cost me £120. I'm not Rothschild

He stated minuet... Must be less of them than minutes "

Oh yea! I don't recall there being any minuets in Carmen

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I need to be devious or play on their consciences. "

tie them to chairs and make them watch it

over a year ago

tie them to chairs and make them watch it "

I'm outnumbered. They are watching Annie for the zillionth time at the moment

Post new Message to Thread