Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

if you are in the north today.....

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

with the amount of rain and the storm going thru.... please, please keep yourselves safe and warm....its not looking good...

red warnings now in place for parts of lancashire, cumbria, north yorkshire and west yorkshire.....

it hasn't stopped raining in the north east for 2 days.... so i am sure the warnings will be spread this way soon...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Yeah, its a bit bloody soggy in York. Could be worse though.

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

Power went out earlier, lots of flooding around - town centre under water & now seeing picks of Ribble valley, Calderdale all under water.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's dry is here in NE Wales, but very windy (not the brussel sprouts ), but I know it's worse further west .

Extra flood barriers are being deployed in certain areas

over a year ago

Plenty of places close by to us that are badly flooded.

Sometimes I'm glad we live on a big hill, the fields across from us form a flowing river down the hill side when it's heavy rain.

I did read a Facebook post of a friend who were standing in the flooded road trying to stop traffic Trying to get through as it was pushing the water into their homes....they were met with a hurl of abuse

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"with the amount of rain and the storm going thru.... please, please keep yourselves safe and warm....its not looking good...

red warnings now in place for parts of lancashire, cumbria, north yorkshire and west yorkshire.....

it hasn't stopped raining in the north east for 2 days.... so i am sure the warnings will be spread this way soon..."

Dude you gotta see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzx3MeYonT8

over a year ago

One of the reasons I like living south of Watford is the better weather. We seldom get adverse weather.

By *lacksausageMan
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"with the amount of rain and the storm going thru.... please, please keep yourselves safe and warm....its not looking good...

it hasn't stopped raining in the north east for 2 days.... so i am sure the warnings will be spread this way soon..."

Poor Fabio! where have you been lately? Pity it took the storm to bring you out. Brother's keeper eh? Good job.

over a year ago

it hasn't stopped raining in the north east for 2 days.... so i am sure the warnings will be spread this way soon...

Dude you gotta see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzx3MeYonT8"

Where did you find that lol

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Dude you gotta see this

Where did you find that lol"

That was recorded beside my house a couple of weeks back lol I posted it on the lounge with the rihanna mix too

over a year ago

Got to go out - at the hospital again soon - third time in four days! Bloody eye infection!

over a year ago

It's a typical wet afternoon here in windynook off shopping update in a bit

over a year ago

It's fine here.

For now.

over a year ago

I'm oop north at the moment, it's grim.

over a year ago

Flooding here around Conwy County . Driven through a lake on the way back from.the beach where the road used to be.

Lots of localised flooding and very high winds amber weather alert just been issued.

Take care out there people

over a year ago

It's pissed it down for 24 hours straight in Leeds

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

People round here are going nuts on Facebook cos they've had to shut the big Asda and call off the football

I'm on a hill so my house is safe!

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Bits of Calderdale are flooded.

over a year ago

Dude you gotta see this

That was recorded beside my house a couple of weeks back lol I posted it on the lounge with the rihanna mix too "

Haha really?

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Dude you gotta see this

That was recorded beside my house a couple of weeks back lol I posted it on the lounge with the rihanna mix too

Haha really?"

aye poor galway got a battering

over a year ago

I just looked at my garden and the daffodils are up reckon biggest is 7 inches

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

".

Dude you gotta see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzx3MeYonT8"

Made me smile. Brilliant. Thanks

By *sh6866Man
over a year ago

halifax

flooding all round here- stuff it, gonna stay in bed all day

over a year ago

"It's a typical wet afternoon here in windynook off shopping update in a bit"

Update

it's still wet but not windy lots of water lying on the roads so give cyclists extra space and drive with care

over a year ago

Lots of rain and howling winds here.No floods..the bonus of being a hill dweller

over a year ago

It seems this winter is going from bad to worse!.

If flood defences built only a few years ago are already being overwhelmed, I really do worry for people affected.

over a year ago

In the Midlands, so been very lucky so far. Sympathy to all of you who are being badly affected. Take care all.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Glad we live on a hill as we are starting to see a lot of localised flooding.

over a year ago

The police have issues a severe weather warning for North West Wales . The A55 is closed near Bangor due to flooding. Lots of local roads around Conwy, Llandudno and the Conwy Valley are flooded . The roads leading to our village is flooded .

High winds are making it worse .

Stay safe guys

over a year ago

I'm a firefighter and we haven't stopped since early this morning. A few major roads in and around Merseyside have been affected with lots of properties flooded. We are expecting further rainfall up until midnight.

Also Lancashire and GMC are pushed to capacity.

Stay safe everyone.

over a year ago

Parts of Oldham apparently affected as well and more rain due this evening

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

i hope people listen and take heed of the advice, water is a powerful element of nature and needs respect..

stay safe everyone affected or involved in dealing with this..

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

M62 closed west bound 20-19 20ft sinkhole in the cartiegways parts of Oldham saddleworth Rochdale hebden & sowerby bridge flooded helicopters rescuing folk from hebden and is still biblical rainfall

over a year ago

Yeah it's flooded in Kirkstall as the Aire has burst it's banks and also in leeds by the Royal Armouries. Doesn't look to bad at the moment but still pretty scary.

over a year ago

I think one of my cats has found shelter somewhere and won't venture out to come home.

over a year ago

calm and mild in manchester - bit drizzly and very grey but ok

over a year ago

"calm and mild in manchester - bit drizzly and very grey but ok "

Typical summers day in Manchester then......

over a year ago

"calm and mild in manchester - bit drizzly and very grey but ok

Typical summers day in Manchester then...... "

haha it is like this often

over a year ago

My house is flooded!!!!

over a year ago

"My house is flooded!!!! "

blimey not in this part of manc

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

looks like the irwell burst its banks thru cenral manchester and salford.... and now there is a red alert for leeds city centre.......

over a year ago

Helping evacuation of people in our village , the waters have risen and it will be worse at high tide ,

over a year ago

I'm now listening to the sounds of a river flowing through my hallway my kitchen is dancing and I'm huddled in the bedroom with a candle and a smile....just. ...living the news is not fun but hey we do what we do and shout out the windows lol. ...I'm hoping my fireman in a boat is HOT

One saving grace ....splosh splash splish

over a year ago

I'm in Manchester until Monday. It's horrendous. At least I can go back south to a warm house. Pity these people. My friends and family.

over a year ago

I really feel for the people who have been flooded. Water is dangerous and uncontrollable,I'd be so scared.

over a year ago

"looks like the irwell burst its banks thru cenral manchester and salford.... and now there is a red alert for leeds city centre......."

I'm more of a sludgy black brown alert than red my little pig doorstopper, is swirling away loving his bath hahaha....the water is stinking and it bubbles up through the bath.....cold swim in the Irwell not done that for 20 plus years

over a year ago

It was to late for me to get out ....I'm in a cul-de-sac...a few hundred feet from the banks so it got me both ways by the time I'd shifted valuables and SHOES! It was to late to paddle my car out.

The sirens and alarms are not nice .

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"It was to late for me to get out ....I'm in a cul-de-sac...a few hundred feet from the banks so it got me both ways by the time I'd shifted valuables and SHOES! It was to late to paddle my car out.

The sirens and alarms are not nice ."

Just to let you know theres people on the forums expecting photographic evidence before sympathising.

Hope you're ok.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It was to late for me to get out ....I'm in a cul-de-sac...a few hundred feet from the banks so it got me both ways by the time I'd shifted valuables and SHOES! It was to late to paddle my car out.

The sirens and alarms are not nice ."

Glad you saved the shoes!

Seriously though, hats off to you for being upbeat cause I know I'd be devastated. Hope you're rescued soon and the damage is repairable.

over a year ago

heading back to manchester tomorrow. doesnt look good on the news

By *olarbear3Man
over a year ago

Flooded loads of place in Halifax and Hudds!

over a year ago

Just to let you know theres people on the forums expecting photographic evidence before sympathising.

Hope you're ok."

Nobody has asked me that and I'm not about to go getting my tits out in knee deep brown water to prove I'm boiling my kettle in the bedroom....

over a year ago

Glad you saved the shoes!

Seriously though, hats off to you for being upbeat cause I know I'd be devastated. Hope you're rescued soon and the damage is repairable. "

Thank you and I had to...just unplugged and unswitched and got above ground level....it's dire tines but I'm alive and lucky so not complaining for now I can't stop the river running through...it owns me now and stinks

over a year ago

"I'm now listening to the sounds of a river flowing through my hallway my kitchen is dancing and I'm huddled in the bedroom with a candle and a smile....just. ...living the news is not fun but hey we do what we do and shout out the windows lol. ...I'm hoping my fireman in a boat is HOT

One saving grace ....splosh splash splish "

It's awful, we're waiting to be evacuated

over a year ago

Started to subside now...I've ventured downstairs and it's not pretty...kitchen has started to clear living room is still swimming....no more rain hopefully for now and get swept out in the morning.....I'm more panicked that my loo brush is floating....whilst a river is ebbing it on.....crazy.

over a year ago

Tho is terrible.. Stay safe

over a year ago

"Power went out earlier, lots of flooding around - town centre under water & now seeing picks of Ribble valley, Calderdale all under water."
yeah I know drove to sisters 25mph an hit puddle drenching 2 guys on side of Rd just stood there

over a year ago

I've been evacuated from the building I work in coz the river aire burst

over a year ago

Bad here, lots of flooding. Luckily my house is the highest point in town

Feeling for everyone in the surrounding areas!

over a year ago

It's a smashing night, mild n clear sky's up here in windynook

By *an_WoodMan
over a year ago

Stafford

"Started to subside now...I've ventured downstairs and it's not pretty...kitchen has started to clear living room is still swimming....no more rain hopefully for now and get swept out in the morning.....I'm more panicked that my loo brush is floating....whilst a river is ebbing it on.....crazy."

Stay safe. Impressive attitude

over a year ago

100 troops deployed at 11pm not far from us.

Know far too many people affected by this, operation clean starts tomorrow. Trying to rally a few friends to go down and help.

Plenty of people asking for help and plenty willing to give it (without asking for photographic evidence)

By *oudnproudWoman
over a year ago

penrith

my home was flooded 1st on the 5th, again just on tuesday. and now today.

3times in 3 weeks

ive been lucky and put into temporary, accommodation but I an going through all my lists getting things replaced xx

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Yeah, its a bit bloody soggy in York. Could be worse though."

seems like it did..... is your bit of york okay?

over a year ago

In Leeds here, thankfully perched up on a hill. But there's plenty of news coverage showing terrible flooding not too far away. Places within a mile are under a few feet of water due to the river Aire bursting its banks.

Hoping everyone in flooded areas are sage and well.

over a year ago

Just traveled up to Leeds from Manchester, the amount of flooding between is really awful.

Can only hope that the new year brings some relief.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Bad here, lots of flooding. Luckily my house is the highest point in town

Feeling for everyone in the surrounding areas!"

good to hear

Post new Message to Thread