Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What tight arses!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In my opinion. The NHS have not given out crackers to patients with their Christmas lunch

I'm sure you can get cheap as chips crackers!

Everyone likes a cracker don't they?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Maybe it's a health and safety thing? Or maybe having loud bangs near the cardiac ward isn't a good thing???

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Maybe it's a health and safety thing? Or maybe having loud bangs near the cardiac ward isn't a good thing???"

It's too far to stretch between beds, they might fall out

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Apparently amongst the many Christmas related injuries that occur each year several people end up in A&E with broken arms suffered by pulling Christmas crackers too enthusiastically......

over a year ago

"Maybe it's a health and safety thing? Or maybe having loud bangs near the cardiac ward isn't a good thing???"

Just ban them from that area then

over a year ago

"Apparently amongst the many Christmas related injuries that occur each year several people end up in A&E with broken arms suffered by pulling Christmas crackers too enthusiastically...... "

over a year ago

In all honesty given that the NHS is close to breaking point, I suspect that this is the sort of decision that they shouldn't have to make but will be made to look like the villains for having made it

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Fancy! What great timing. Why. Here's a Christmas cracker joke coming along, right now -

Bought a butt plug shaped like a Christmas Spruce

Got it on Bumtree.

over a year ago

"In all honesty given that the NHS is close to breaking point, I suspect that this is the sort of decision that they shouldn't have to make but will be made to look like the villains for having made it"

I understand what you are saying, but it's Christmas and it comes around once a year.

over a year ago

"Fancy! What great timing. Why. Here's a Christmas cracker joke coming along, right now -

Bought a butt plug shaped like a Christmas Spruce

Got it on Bumtree.

"

over a year ago

"In my opinion. The NHS have not given out crackers to patients with their Christmas lunch

Everyone likes a cracker don't they? "

do patients still get a can of Guinness on a sunday

over a year ago

"In all honesty given that the NHS is close to breaking point, I suspect that this is the sort of decision that they shouldn't have to make but will be made to look like the villains for having made it

I understand what you are saying, but it's Christmas and it comes around once a year. "

And cancer comes round every day.

Having the money to pay for the meds tomorrow, the day after and the day after comes before silly crackers with dinner.

If you care that much take them in yourself.

By *awandOrderCouple
over a year ago

SW London

Much worse decisions have been made ... an elderly relative discharged from hospital late yesterday afternoon with no care set up for her at home and medically she is unstable. I get it that people may want to spend time with their relatives at Christmas, but when health is compromised, I know which is more important.

over a year ago

Personally I'd rather my tax money wasn't spent on christmas crackers for the NHS. If they could spend it on research, staff, medication, etc - that would be just peachy.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"Personally I'd rather my tax money wasn't spent on christmas crackers for the NHS. If they could spend it on research, staff, medication, etc - that would be just peachy."

over a year ago

I like cheese and crackers.......

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS
over a year ago

bmth /poole sometimes blandford

are you serious ? there dumb and pointless

over a year ago

I'm happy to take me own Guinness if it helps

over a year ago

"In all honesty given that the NHS is close to breaking point, I suspect that this is the sort of decision that they shouldn't have to make but will be made to look like the villains for having made it

I understand what you are saying, but it's Christmas and it comes around once a year.

Having the money to pay for the meds tomorrow, the day after and the day after comes before silly crackers with dinner.

If you care that much take them in yourself."

Cheer up!!

I would have if I had known

over a year ago

"Much worse decisions have been made ... an elderly relative discharged from hospital late yesterday afternoon with no care set up for her at home and medically she is unstable. I get it that people may want to spend time with their relatives at Christmas, but when health is compromised, I know which is more important. "

Yes, doing things such as this shows they are not really caring about the cuts they are making.

over a year ago

"are you serious ? there dumb and pointless "

You may think so! I'm sure some patients who are stuck in hospital on Christmas Day wouldn't agree!

over a year ago

"Much worse decisions have been made ... an elderly relative discharged from hospital late yesterday afternoon with no care set up for her at home and medically she is unstable. I get it that people may want to spend time with their relatives at Christmas, but when health is compromised, I know which is more important.

Yes, doing things such as this shows they are not really caring about the cuts they are making. "

The doctors don't make cuts the government. They make decisions like this not because they don;t care but to free up beds because the NHS is being fucked over in the name of austerity,

But you;d rather they brought christmas crackers

over a year ago

If I were in hospital over Christmas I'd be glad of the care I was being given by the staff not home celebrating with family,and looking after me instead. I would ask my family to bring in something for them.

over a year ago

"Much worse decisions have been made ... an elderly relative discharged from hospital late yesterday afternoon with no care set up for her at home and medically she is unstable. I get it that people may want to spend time with their relatives at Christmas, but when health is compromised, I know which is more important.

Yes, doing things such as this shows they are not really caring about the cuts they are making.

The doctors don't make cuts the government. They make decisions like this not because they don;t care but to free up beds because the NHS is being fucked over in the name of austerity,

But you;d rather they brought christmas crackers"

I know it's not the doctors.

Yes they want the the beds, but are sending people home who clearly shouldn't be going home!

And yes as my post states I think it's a shame the patients didn't get crackers! They are getting the care and attention of nurses, when they can too!

over a year ago

Would probably piss people off if I said they have crackers with their Xmas dinner in prison!

over a year ago

"In my opinion. The NHS have not given out crackers to patients with their Christmas lunch

I'm not bothered about crackers ,I'm more about who I'm celebrating with x

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

Worry more about the food! I had the misfortune too spend Christmas day in hospital a few years ago and the dinner was terrible and I hadn't eaten in four days. Also there were no crackers then either.

over a year ago

Absolutely outrageous. I agree the day would have been greatly brightened for the infirm and dying if they had received a small pack of playing cards, a plastic ring or incomprehensible magic trick.

By *osieWoman
over a year ago

Wembley

"Maybe it's a health and safety thing? Or maybe having loud bangs near the cardiac ward isn't a good thing???

Just ban them from that area then "

That would be discrimination against those near a cardiac ward

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Absolutely outrageous. I agree the day would have been greatly brightened for the infirm and dying if they had received a small pack of playing cards, a plastic ring or incomprehensible magic trick. "

over a year ago

"Absolutely outrageous. I agree the day would have been greatly brightened for the infirm and dying if they had received a small pack of playing cards, a plastic ring or incomprehensible magic trick. "

Don't forget the mini screwdrivers

over a year ago

"Absolutely outrageous. I agree the day would have been greatly brightened for the infirm and dying if they had received a small pack of playing cards, a plastic ring or incomprehensible magic trick.

Don't forget the mini screwdrivers "

Maybe they could do a bit of maintenance on the NHS machinery while they were there if they had those mini screwdrivers.

over a year ago

"Absolutely outrageous. I agree the day would have been greatly brightened for the infirm and dying if they had received a small pack of playing cards, a plastic ring or incomprehensible magic trick.

Don't forget the mini screwdrivers

Maybe they could do a bit of maintenance on the NHS machinery while they were there if they had those mini screwdrivers."

Or break into the drugs cabinet

over a year ago

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

If you care that much take them in yourself."

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Would probably piss people off if I said they have crackers with their Xmas dinner in prison!"

Because it's funded by a different pot of money there is probably more money with offenders than in the NHS

over a year ago

And when it comes out in the press than the NHS spent £70,000 on Chrsitmas Crackers there won't be an uproar ?

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Knowing the NHS, they probably have to purchase Christmas crackers through company A.

Company A has to purchase them from company B...In the end the NHS and other government funded serviced end up paying stupid money for things. My company does this we ended up paying over £120 for something you can get from Wickes for less than £10...

over a year ago

They could have used crackers to deliver diagnosis today.

What did you get Albert? Hemorrhoids

over a year ago

No sorry op the nhs are not someone i would approve of buying crackers. Maybe someone should for long stayers with no family but where can you draw the line.

Thats what charities are for nhs is for expensive medicine and health care x

By *argaret JamesTV/TS
over a year ago

Bromsgrove

"Would probably piss people off if I said they have crackers with their Xmas dinner in prison!"

Yes you don't have to pay for parking at prison, the NHS makes millions just from parking fees

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

My nan is in hospital right now and all the patients on her ward got a present this morning. I don't know if they got a cracker or not but to be fair I'd rather she got the blood transfusion she needs rather than a cracker.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Not all prisons.

over a year ago

But you;d rather they brought christmas crackers

I know it's not the doctors.

Yes they want the the beds, but are sending people home who clearly shouldn't be going home!

"

To be fair, when a relative and the doctor think it is time to send a patient home doesn't always match up. Remember that it is dangerous for the elderly being in hospital, sometimes far more than it is being at home in less than ideal circumstances

over a year ago

Actually it is the doctors and the individual hospitals and the finance directors that make those decisions - and it probably has a touch of let's please the minorities as well with positive discrimination ....... My opinion only......

Xmas music, crackers and cheer can do as much for the feel good factor.... Depression and hospital stays are linked .....

In the interest of being politically correct, health and safety, save every penny, please the minority's opinion, be seen to be caring at board level and please some penny pinching finance director that's on a £100,000 grand a year per local area ..... Yes let's get rid of the Xmas cracker ......

Fucking ridiculous !

over a year ago

But you;d rather they brought christmas crackers"

But spending for the nhs is going up, its going up next year too.

It has gone up every year for over 15 years.

Spending has trippled but results havnt improved much at all.

Its being overworked by the ever increasingly unhealthy, overweight and aging population.

By *i-cambsMan
over a year ago

March

do patients still get a can of Guinness on a sunday"

Noooo my mum used to get mackeson for vitimens. God bless her sole

over a year ago

It's not often a tight arse comes up as a negativity on the fab forum.

over a year ago

"It's not often a tight arse comes up as a negativity on the fab forum. "

Too tight to fit in

over a year ago

We visited a friend in hospital yesterday, he received a Christmas present from Santa, a lovely wash bag full of Nivea products. Bought by donations to the hospital by the public, nothing to do with NHS funding.

over a year ago

Too much pull and you can end up punching yourself....in for your appendix.....and a broken nose

over a year ago

I'm a nurse. Yesterday every patient received a present. This is the first year staff received a meal. The canteen is shut on Christmas Day we do 13 hour shift. Happy Staff happy patients. Not a cracker in sight x

over a year ago

"In all honesty given that the NHS is close to breaking point, I suspect that this is the sort of decision that they shouldn't have to make but will be made to look like the villains for having made it"

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

do patients still get a can of Guinness on a sunday

Noooo my mum used to get mackeson for vitimens. God bless her sole"

A small bottle of Guiness or Sweetheart Stout every night while I was having radiotherapy.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We visited a friend in hospital yesterday, he received a Christmas present from Santa, a lovely wash bag full of Nivea products. Bought by donations to the hospital by the public, nothing to do with NHS funding. "

Same in Glasgow. I got Nivea shaving stuff, bought from ward collection and donation over the year + I got a cracker which got snaffled by a nurse for an unexpected kiddy visitor in the next room.

over a year ago

I'd swop me cracker for a Guinness

over a year ago

You need to get your facts right! The trust I work for gave crackers out today and yesterday with lunch. They also as an additional treat gave very cute iced ginger bread men.

Post new Message to Thread