Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Quick weight loss

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I need to lose a huge amount of weight very quickly so that I can have some surgery. I have a maximum time of about 3 months to lose at least 3 stone. I have M.E. and Fibromyalgia so i'm very limited with what I can do exercise wise. What have been your most successful diet plans for quick weight loss please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I looked at my bank account this morning and shit a stone off

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Amputation , fast and effective and never put it back on

By *ripleXrateDWoman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Google juice fasting that's a very quick weight loss xxxx

over a year ago

Can your doctor advise you? Perhaps prescribe you a diet plan.

over a year ago

Soup diet , just google it

over a year ago

When cardiac patients have to lose weight very quickly its basically slimfast 3x a day.

over a year ago

Eat less calories than you burn off its than simple. So if you cant exercise more eating a lot less is the only way to go. Just make sure every calorie you do eat isn't wasted and gives you the nutrients you need and dont drink calories water all the way

over a year ago

"Eat less calories than you burn off its than simple. So if you cant exercise more eating a lot less is the only way to go. Just make sure every calorie you do eat isn't wasted and gives you the nutrients you need and dont drink calories water all the way"

Cut carbs eat more protein and veg and do alot of excercise you need to be using more calories than your eating losing 3 stone in 3 months wouldnt be very healthy took me 2 years to lose 3 stone but it was a marathon not a sprint for me google keto diet i used similar to that

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"I need to lose a huge amount of weight very quickly so that I can have some surgery. I have a maximum time of about 3 months to lose at least 3 stone. I have M.E. and Fibromyalgia so i'm very limited with what I can do exercise wise. What have been your most successful diet plans for quick weight loss please? "

You need medical advice on this. Talk to your hospital rather than experimenting yourself.

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"I need to lose a huge amount of weight very quickly so that I can have some surgery. I have a maximum time of about 3 months to lose at least 3 stone. I have M.E. and Fibromyalgia so i'm very limited with what I can do exercise wise. What have been your most successful diet plans for quick weight loss please?

You need medical advice on this. Talk to your hospital rather than experimenting yourself."

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

Effective weight loss is a lifestyle thing and has to be taught. Not guessed. And this is a crap,time of year to do it. As others said here. Enjoy Xmas and then see the doc for proper medical,advice. Google and get more confused. Listen to the professionals. Not the armchair academics who "know a friend who knew someones's auntie who had a neighbour who kept a dog at this blokes house and his brother knew a mate who was a magician ... No. A physician ... That's it. And he could make up a magic potion that really worked ". You only hear bad news in Google searches. Never positive stuff. So. Get pro advice and your mental attitude will improve knowing you're getting sensible and proven help. Good luck dook x

over a year ago

"I need to lose a huge amount of weight very quickly so that I can have some surgery. I have a maximum time of about 3 months to lose at least 3 stone. I have M.E. and Fibromyalgia so i'm very limited with what I can do exercise wise. What have been your most successful diet plans for quick weight loss please?

You need medical advice on this. Talk to your hospital rather than experimenting yourself.

"

Most definitely, you should be able to be referred to a dietitian eho can help you manage your weight loss healthily and within the confines of your condition. Good luck OP

over a year ago

Thank you all for the advice. Just wanted to point out that i'm not asking for long term lifestyle change advice. It's because I've been told yesterday that I need surgery but they can't do it until I shift three stone, preferably within 3 months. I've previously seen the GP about weight loss and was given some tablets to reduce fat absorption which with a healthy and sensible diet, do work over time. Obviously in this instance though I need something drastic which doesn't entail exercise and after my surgery I can then concentrate on more of a long term healthier lifestyle. Really do appreciate those who have taken the time to reply though and hope you've all had a lovely Christmas. x

over a year ago

"I need to lose a huge amount of weight very quickly so that I can have some surgery. I have a maximum time of about 3 months to lose at least 3 stone. I have M.E. and Fibromyalgia so i'm very limited with what I can do exercise wise. What have been your most successful diet plans for quick weight loss please? "

Considering your medical background and the fact that you will be having sugery your doctor's should be advising you this.

over a year ago

You need to be way below your maintenance level of 2000kcal.

over a year ago

I lost 5st very quickly due to an issue that was missed. The only thing it gave me was a massive gallstone so now I have to have my gallbladder removed. Best to go back to the GP and seek advice

over a year ago

Swimming is good for fibromyalgia and me.. I have fibromyalgia and find exercise helps..as long as I don't over do it.. But start with swimming. Have a good breakfast..poached egg or oatmeal (not with full fat milk). Fruit mid morning.. Such as banana as keeps you feeling full longer.. Or apple as is a natural suppressant. Soup for lunch. Steamed, poached or oven baked fish or chicken with steamed veg for evening meal.. Fruit again before bed... Try adding chilli to food as it increases metabolism and cayenne pepper in a natural suppressant and nice on the eggs or chicken for flavour.... Also fresh lemon juice in boiling water every morning.. And a large glass of water before every meal will stop you eating more than you need..... If you can try and only consume 800 a day calories for first 4 days.. Then 1500 a day after that x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/12/15 21:32:32]

over a year ago

Why do you need to lose a lot of weight for surgery, or am I missing something here?

Although I got surgery next year to have my gallbladder removed and they told me to lose weight. But I got my consultation in the new year. So the weight I lost, will be piled back on cos of the xmas period.

over a year ago

"Why do you need to lose a lot of weight for surgery, or am I missing something here?

Although I got surgery next year to have my gallbladder removed and they told me to lose weight. But I got my consultation in the new year. So the weight I lost, will be piled back on cos of the xmas period. "

They want my BMI to be at a level they feel will reduce the risk of complications during surgery. Being overweight makes surgery a little more complicated sometimes.

over a year ago

Go to a diatisian . And don't avoid them like Iv been doing lol

over a year ago

Stop taking sertaline ?

over a year ago

"Why do you need to lose a lot of weight for surgery, or am I missing something here?

Although I got surgery next year to have my gallbladder removed and they told me to lose weight. But I got my consultation in the new year. So the weight I lost, will be piled back on cos of the xmas period.

They want my BMI to be at a level they feel will reduce the risk of complications during surgery. Being overweight makes surgery a little more complicated sometimes. "

I'm 21 stone(probably more now since the amount of food i've been eating) and they wanted me to lose a bit of weight. Because as you said, complications etc etc.

But look at it this way. There are way bigger people than us who's had surgery and they do fine. 3 stone in 3 months is a bit much though. 1 stone yeah sure but 3? bit much tbh. But good luck

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I hate to say this but the Cambridge diet, it is just powder milk shakes.

over a year ago

They want my BMI to be at a level they feel will reduce the risk of complications during surgery. Being overweight makes surgery a little more complicated sometimes.

I'm 21 stone(probably more now since the amount of food i've been eating) and they wanted me to lose a bit of weight. Because as you said, complications etc etc.

But look at it this way. There are way bigger people than us who's had surgery and they do fine. 3 stone in 3 months is a bit much though. 1 stone yeah sure but 3? bit much tbh. But good luck"

I'm about 17 stone and 5ft 9 but the way she was talking, they'd refuse to do the surgery if I hadn't lost the weight in time. I'm going to have a hysterectomy with everything being removed , including my ovaries. Ironically, I'm sure I'll have less of a battle with my weight when my hormones are no longer going mental!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Sustained weight loss has been shown by research results to be most successful by combining diet and exercise plans. ME will likely have some issues for you but aim to increase your overall activity levels. Walk further etc.

As you lose weight your basal metabolic rate will decrease - your body will use less calories compared to a heavier you. You'll thus need to continuously reduce your calorie intake, to prevent you gaining weight.

Id increase your muscle mass. And eat a nutritious diet that has lots of vegetables and fruit. I'm not trained heavily in nutrition so others can advise.

Beware of yo yo dieting though. And aware that your body will resist losing weight. Good luck!

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

If I knew .... id be a size 12...

over a year ago

I found that a quick way to lose weight for me is using use diet fuel ultra lean protein shake powder along side calorie counting. Make sure you eat little and often it's harder to stick to when your feeling hungry most of the time x good luck OP x

By *each_PittWoman
over a year ago

Belfast

Join Slimming World. If you stick to it rigidly you WILL get at least a stone off a month. I've seen it done ... I've done it. Unfortunately though most people, including myself, do put it back on after reaching a target.

over a year ago

You should talk to your health professional, they will be best equipped to advise you considering your medical problems.

I'm qualified to give advice based on your problems - however without meeting you and understanding your particular case it could be very poor advice indeed, or even dangerous.

over a year ago

Get a referral to a dietician. In the meantime write a diary of everything you eat, including how you cook foods. This will help the dietician.

Drink more clear fluids but don't swap fruit for juices.

Eat more fibrous foods.

If you naturally eat large portions, buy smaller dinner plates.

If you have to snack - snack on things like nuts and finger veg (carrot sticks, celery).

None of these tips are major changes. That should be left to your dietician.

over a year ago

"I found that a quick way to lose weight for me is using use diet fuel ultra lean protein shake powder along side calorie counting. Make sure you eat little and often it's harder to stick to when your feeling hungry most of the time x good luck OP x"

*usn dietfuel

over a year ago

I followed the diet you're supposed to follow when on orlistat tablets. I lost 3 stone in 3 months or so.

Basically.. look at the total fat column on packaging.. anything over 5g in 100g don't touch. No more than 15g of fat per meal and 3 meals a day so no more than 45g a day. It dropped off me. I've now lost almost 4 and a half stone without doing any exercise. I have 2 stone to go.

Good luck. X

over a year ago

Sorry should also say I'm virtually veggie now.. I use meat replacements and eat off a side plate.. eat slowly and put your knife and fork down between each mouthful. Eating slowly makes you feel fuller before you finish the meal. I can't eat half what I used to. I still have treats but not regularly.. and as I've been low fat for so long I can tell when foods are high in fat and I don't enjoy them any more. Crisps are just greasy to me now.

By *um4usbothCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

"Google juice fasting that's a very quick weight loss xxxx"

I did that, its very good but you get a headache the first 2 days so best to start at the weekend

By *um4usbothCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

"If I knew .... id be a size 12... "

Me too but I like my curves too much to diet seriously

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

"Thank you all for the advice. Just wanted to point out that i'm not asking for long term lifestyle change advice. It's because I've been told yesterday that I need surgery but they can't do it until I shift three stone, preferably within 3 months. I've previously seen the GP about weight loss and was given some tablets to reduce fat absorption which with a healthy and sensible diet, do work over time. Obviously in this instance though I need something drastic which doesn't entail exercise and after my surgery I can then concentrate on more of a long term healthier lifestyle. Really do appreciate those who have taken the time to reply though and hope you've all had a lovely Christmas. x "

To do a stone a month safely look at the Cambridge diet. That way you'll get your protein requirements and all your vitamins and minerals. If it's only for three months it really shouldn't be a problem - I lost 10st in 10 months on it

Just Google it

Post new Message to Thread