Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Move?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Kids have left home,had it with south london and living here seems to have run its course.have got itchy feet and a feeling we want to live in the country. thinking of moving to Norfolk.head and bank balance say stay..heart says go.(mar's parents live up there)

what to do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It has to be cheaper living out of London doesn't it? I have no idea but I'd follow my heart.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hmmm, Norfolk is kind of boring IMHO, lived there when I was working there for 10 years.

The Midlands is more fun, seems to have a lot more going for it, sexy fun wise, and closer to some of the great outdoor places such as the National Forest, Lake District, Peak District etc...

And one can dash to East Anglia with relative ease.

Good luck, whatever you have decided!

over a year ago

I missed living in Central London, however, I love having a house with a garden in the country, something that I would not be able to do unless I win the lottery!

over a year ago

i followed my heart and moved to live by the sea 3 years ago ...had to make a totally new life all on my own but its kinda worked out pretty well !!!

over a year ago

be a shame to see you move away.

your a nice couple.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Tra Mar we moved to Suffolk 8 years ago from close to where you are now

Would never move back,its not that far away from anywhere really and I love living a short drive from countryside,sea or town

I would say go for it

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

follow your heart,and the rest will work out for you,,good luck on your decision,we live in an estate and altough its not bad we would love to live in the country,,j used o live on a canal boat and loved it,i at one stage lived on an estate with a mile long driveway to it and loved the peace

over a year ago

We moved to Cornwall in 1995 from the Black Country, and will never move back.

I've been made redundant 3 times, but I'd rather be on the dole here than back in the Midlands. As it happens I've never been out of work, but I'm sure you understand my line of thought.

I can earn much better money if I moved from Cornwall, but there's more to life than that.

Just make your mind up, and if you decide it's for you, then go for it.

Anyway, London is only an hour away isn't it? It takes us a hour and a half to get to a motorway from where we live now

over a year ago

Moved from a northern city to devon 11 years ago and wouldn't go back at all. Better quality of life, much less crime, nicer environment, just so many benefits.

Do you do things that make city life essential? theatres, art galleries etc? if not, make the move

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"Kids have left home,had it with south london and living here seems to have run its course.have got itchy feet and a feeling we want to live in the country. thinking of moving to Norfolk.head and bank balance say stay..heart says go.(mar's parents live up there)

what to do? "

u should move...

everyone should could do with the work..

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Moved down here to Devon Thirteen years ago from the Bromley area in South London/Kent.

Have never regretted it one little bit, what isn't quite as good nowdays is the fact that house prices elsewhere in the country have been catching up with the South East over the last decade.

Don't be fooled that the cost of living is cheaper outside of the London area though, we pay far higher Council Tax rates and Water rates down this way than we ever did in the South East.

In general wages are lower outside of London as well, doesn't really affect us but it has to be considered.

One thing is for sure though, having revisited the South East last September for a family wedding we soon came to realise that we ABSOLUTELY made the correct decision in moving out in 1997.

over a year ago

You're very welcome to move to Norfolk but dont leave it too late its filling up fast

over a year ago

When I left my husband eight years ago I wanted a complete change. I lived in Nunhead and looked at moving to Wroxham in Norfolk. My kids didn't want to go, and they'd be far from their dad, so I stayed in London and moved to Dulwich, four miles from the marital home.

I've not entirely given up on my dream but I think I'll give Norfolk a miss: I like Cheshire so who knows!

If you can make the move I'd go for it, and good luck!

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Well as i have lived in Norfolk pretty much all my life i would say go for it. Prices cheaper as you know. Beach is close and a slower pace of life. If you go to the kings Lynn area then the beach isnt far but you can still head off into the midlands reasonably.

North Norfolk is lovely and picturesque. I live in aylsham for some time and having wroxham and the coast close is lovely. I guess if you go towards great yarmouth way then links to London are probably good.

If you want fresh air to breathe then go for the country.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Well as i have lived in Norfolk pretty much all my life i would say go for it. Prices cheaper as you know. Beach is close and a slower pace of life. If you go to the kings Lynn area then the beach isnt far but you can still head off into the midlands reasonably.

North Norfolk is lovely and picturesque. I live in aylsham for some time and having wroxham and the coast close is lovely. I guess if you go towards great yarmouth way then links to London are probably good.

If you want fresh air to breathe then go for the country."

looking at Attleborough or Wymondham..that area

over a year ago

"Well as i have lived in Norfolk pretty much all my life i would say go for it. Prices cheaper as you know. Beach is close and a slower pace of life. If you go to the kings Lynn area then the beach isnt far but you can still head off into the midlands reasonably.

If you want fresh air to breathe then go for the country.

looking at Attleborough or

Wymondham..that area"

btw happy birthday on the 29th x

Post new Message to Thread